Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,436 members, 7,823,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Help Test Php Freedom Framework 2.0 Online - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help Test Php Freedom Framework 2.0 Online (976 Views)

Cn U Help Test My Website ? / GENESIS FRAMEWORK+THEMES, WORDPRESS/WEB DEVELOPMENT VIDEO TRAINING & SOFTWARES / Download WP Genesis Framework Latest V 2.0.2 For Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Test Php Freedom Framework 2.0 Online by TM2: 4:29pm On Sep 16, 2009
Hi.

Let me introduce you to PHP Freedom Framework in case you are hearing about it for the first time. It is a Nigerian-Made Free and Open Source Rapid Application Development Framework released some months back, it is developed purposely for those who may not have advanced development experience and is willing to understand the background processes of advanced application systems. The framework does not use any other PHP libraries as the entire project code is developed from the scratch, Anyway, the work is just starting and we need you.

A new version, 2.0 will be released soon and we wish you will join us in testing it directly online at

http://www.phpfreedom.org/test

You do not need any development experience to do this - Just do a few clicks around and tell us if you noticed any anomalies. Looking forward to your support.

Thanks.
Re: Help Test Php Freedom Framework 2.0 Online by TM2: 9:14am On Sep 17, 2009
Just to add that you can post your comments here directly, thanks.
Re: Help Test Php Freedom Framework 2.0 Online by nitation(m): 4:55pm On Sep 17, 2009
Sorry to let you know that your framework lack basic security features required for any PHP application. I am sorry to say this, but am employing everyone and anyone who's currently using the Php Freedom Framework to suspend it until we receive a message from the developers that a patch has been made.

This found affect the security layer of Php Freedom Framework. I have attached a POC

- nitation

Re: Help Test Php Freedom Framework 2.0 Online by TM2: 5:58pm On Sep 17, 2009
@nitation

Thanks for taking time to test. Such security are deliberately relapsed,   not overlooked. And the details of how to implement this necessary security are documented for various levels. The Demo Employee manager is just created for ppl to play around with and perhaps enforce necessary security when needed. Special characters and tags were stripped by default but at a point I decided that developers should define that as a preference, I will just go ahead and enforce it for the Demo Employee Manager and test. You may test again, too and let me know if it failed.

Thank you for your time once again.
Re: Help Test Php Freedom Framework 2.0 Online by nitation(m): 6:27pm On Sep 17, 2009
@TM

You weren't specific with the intended result from our testing. In fact, according to your post and I quote:

You do not need any development experience to do this - Just do a few clicks around and tell us if you noticed any anomalies. Looking forward to your support.

Anyway, Kudos to your good work and I appreciate the fact that you know where the problem lies. Fix it and request the services of a qualified web application tester for your product.

- nitation
Re: Help Test Php Freedom Framework 2.0 Online by TM2: 6:38pm On Sep 17, 2009
@nitation

Thanks a lot. I wish that I have people who are willing to help out. I know that I need quality developers to help with the testing. Seriously.
Re: Help Test Php Freedom Framework 2.0 Online by Nobody: 9:00pm On Sep 17, 2009
Well, i am interested in and helping you to test as well. One thing i noticed is that, the output of your framework is not that clean viz:
- script tags are appearing after the body session. You need to have a function such as addScript("js/main.js"wink; which will automatically
add the script to the header section of the output. This technique is used in joomla and my framework so that you can have a clean xhtml output.

- then i noticed that some scripts such as
<script src="http://www.softandsmart.com/phpfreedom/freedom/html/tinyfck/tiny_mce.js"></script>
<script src="http://www.softandsmart.com/phpfreedom/freedom/html/javascript/main.js"></script>
<script src="http://www.softandsmart.com/phpfreedom/freedom/html/javascript/widgets.js"></script>
are not needed on the home page, and yet appear there? i wonder why. . .

Now my next question is: what javascript framework are you using for your client end? or you plan to do one from the scratch?
Re: Help Test Php Freedom Framework 2.0 Online by TM2: 10:13am On Sep 18, 2009
Hi DHTML.

It is nice you noticed that. It is a weired decision, but it is a choice that I was forced to make because according to YAHOO! YSlow it is strongly recommended that you keep the JavaScripts at the bottom of the page,  so that it does not delay the page load. Kind of make sense as I somehow realized.

http://developer.yahoo.com/performance/rules.html#js_bottom

Meanwhile validity of XHTML may not be affected by this practice because the script tags are inside the HTML tag and you know that the root element of a valid XHTML document is required to be HTML.

Thanks for dropping by.
Re: Help Test Php Freedom Framework 2.0 Online by TM2: 10:27am On Sep 18, 2009
Sorry I did not answer the question about JavaScript Framework that may be used, In my personal projects if need be I may consider DOJO though, I know most people are JQuery fans.

So because I dont want to force my personal interest on others I have decided not to use any Javascript Framework, because if I did, then where is the FREEDOM. I want people to be able to choose which library they want to use with it be; it for PHP or JS.

Therefore all the JavaScript code that have been used thus far was written from the scratch, and the ones that will be used for the core framework in the future. Nevertheless, in some cases there will be no need to reinvent the wheel so it will be allowed that people who may want to consider writing widgets and plugging for the framework will be free to use any library that they like.

But will the libraries such as JQuery, Dojo, YUI and Prototype be bundled with the framework in the future? I dont know - but I dont think so. Because they can be accessed online via various CDNs.

Thanks, once again.
Re: Help Test Php Freedom Framework 2.0 Online by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 20, 2009
Well yslow is correct there anyway, but then, you should consider lightweight scripting. There are some techniques in jquery and my own frontend framework that allows you to load javascript after the main contents of the page have finished loading.
And true, if you place your script at the bottom, the page load faster, then also consider using progressive images too. These are some of the reasons behind the loading speed of my other site - www.mwebng.net - you may look at the source code.
Well, your framwork is mainly a php framework, so javascript should be optional. Just use whatever scripting library you are used to, then document whatever you did there, and explain how you may use another javascript framework if they so chose.
In my own framework, i used jquery initially, then due to large size, i created my own javascript framework which is like a lighter version of jquery, but satisfies all my needs so far. In a project i completed yesterday with my complete php framework, i used jquery as frontend because i was using the tinymice editor(that article editor in joomla) which has jquery plugin.

Just carry on with the php area, i will help you sort out the javascript later on.
Re: Help Test Php Freedom Framework 2.0 Online by TM2: 3:14pm On Sep 23, 2009
@DHTML

Just checked your website,  and I can see that you really love JavaScript. I do, too. Just as you said, I will leave the various options for people to enhance the work with various tools of their choices. That is the main idea behind using the widgets concept. A lot of Javascript  will be required. But the important thing is to get the structure right, and then we can build anything on top. I think that the new structure is very flexible and extensible. Just to put a few things in place, for now.

If you are chanced you could login as administrator with:

username: freedomtest
password: freedomtest

http://www.phpfreedom.org/test

Please let me know, promptly, if anything go wrong.

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Website Designers Needed / Statcounter Or Awstats Which One Is Better / Where Can I Register And Host My .com.ng Domain?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.