Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Fight Those Who Try To Stop You From Practising Islam – Sultan Of Sokoto - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Fight Those Who Try To Stop You From Practising Islam – Sultan Of Sokoto (4949 Views)

Dangote Sultan Adamawa Converts British Woman, Delgado To Islam (Photo) / Eid-el-kabir: Sultan Of Sokoto Declares September 1st Sallah Day / Sultan Sa'ad Announces The Commencement Of Ramadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fight Those Who Try To Stop You From Practising Islam – Sultan Of Sokoto by maxiflexy(m): 9:01am On Jul 24, 2016
The President General of the Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs and Sultan of Sokoto, Sa’ad Abubakar, has called on Muslims to fight any body or group that attempts to stop them from performing their religious obligations.
This is as he cautioned Muslims in the country against forcefully converting people into Islam.

He made the statement while speaking at a conference organised by Da’wah Co-ordination Council of Nigeria.

The Sultan also warned Muslim clerics against preaching hate messages.
According to him, “When somebody or a group or some other nations decide to stop us from performing our religious obligations, we must never take laws into our hands. We must not be law officers. We do not do that in Islam.

“We do not force anybody to join Islam. There is no compulsion in Islam.

“Our good deeds, good actions and good interactions as Muslims will give that very bright light to everybody what Islam is and that is what brings people to join us.

“Those who do not want to come as Muslims are free to stay with us and continue working with us to make this country a much better place.

“Whoever wants to fight you, do not fight him; leave him alone. Be very patient.

“The only thing that will make me to act or ask you to act is only when somebody or a group or some other nations decide to stop us from performing our religious obligations. That is the only way we can fight somebody.

“But if I am allowed to pursue my religious obligations, say my prayers and pay my zakat and so many other things, I have no problem with anybody. To you, your religion and to me, my religion.”

http://dailypost.ng/2016/07/24/fight-try-stop-practising-islam-sultan-sokoto-charges-muslims/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fight Those Who Try To Stop You From Practising Islam – Sultan Of Sokoto by HungerBAD: 9:02am On Jul 24, 2016
This man should be cautioned.

The words of leaders are easily misconstrued,as this statement can be read by some to mean kill those not in support of Islam.

What does he mean fight anybody or group attempting to stop them from their religious obligations?were the Muslims stopped anytime in Nigeria from being Muslims?

This is how Religious embers are stirred. Not surprised anyway,as he was not suppose to be on the throne anyway,if Dasuki was not deposed.

16 Likes

Re: Fight Those Who Try To Stop You From Practising Islam – Sultan Of Sokoto by maxiflexy(m): 9:05am On Jul 24, 2016
Religion is our major problem in this country

lalasticlala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fight Those Who Try To Stop You From Practising Islam – Sultan Of Sokoto by BankeSmalls(f): 9:09am On Jul 24, 2016
And they will not arrest him for inciting the masses, if it was Nnamdi Kanu now, he will be arrested.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fight Those Who Try To Stop You From Practising Islam – Sultan Of Sokoto by Tolexander: 9:14am On Jul 24, 2016

“The only thing that will make me to act or ask you to act is only when somebody or a group or some other nations decide to stop us from performing our religious obligations. That is the only way we can fight somebody.
Nobody is telling you not to practice your religious obligations.
There are sometimes when right things are done at the wrong place and time.

What about practising the religious obligations at the detriment of other people like what happened in Kaduna where ablution was done in front of another believer's shop? Of course there are many places for ablution apart from that place.

3 Likes

Re: Fight Those Who Try To Stop You From Practising Islam – Sultan Of Sokoto by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 24, 2016
Re: Fight Those Who Try To Stop You From Practising Islam – Sultan Of Sokoto by omenka(m): 9:21am On Jul 24, 2016
HungerBAD:

The words of leaders are easily misconstrued,as this statement can be read by some to mean kill those not in support of Islam.

What does he mean fight anybody or group attempting to stop them from their religious obligations?we're the Muslims stopped anytime in Nigeria from being Muslims?

This is how Religious embers are stirred. Not surprised anyway,as he was not suppose to be on the throne anyway,if Dasuki was not deposed.

I'm disappointed in you. Should have spared a moment to read the article knowing how much propaganda fly in the air these days- the title just mislead you. Somebody should please read this:

“When somebody or a group or some other nations decide to stop us from performing our religious obligations, we must never take laws into our hands. We must not be law officers. We do not do that in Islam.

“We do not force anybody to join Islam. There is no compulsion in Islam.

“Our good deeds, good actions and good
interactions as Muslims will give that very bright
light to everybody what Islam is and that is what
brings people to join us.

“Those who do not want to come as Muslims are free to stay with us and continue working with us to make this country a much better place.

“Whoever wants to fight you, do not fight him; leave him alone. Be very patient.
..and tell me how it conforms with this topic!!

Some people are just too desperate to instigate religious crisis in this country. That strife they are looking for will dwell only with them and their immediate households, amen.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fight Those Who Try To Stop You From Practising Islam – Sultan Of Sokoto by sainttwist1(m): 9:27am On Jul 24, 2016
i smell another wave of kill and destruction
Re: Fight Those Who Try To Stop You From Practising Islam – Sultan Of Sokoto by omenka(m): 9:28am On Jul 24, 2016
Tolexander:
Nobody is telling you not to practice your religious obligations.
There are sometimes when right things are done at the wrong place and time.

What about practising the religious obligations at the detriment of other people like what happened in Kaduna where ablution was done in front of another believer's shop? Of course there are many places for ablution apart from that place.
You make a lot of sense- private spaces and other such boundaries should be respected in the course of exercising one's freedom/rights of worship/religion. The only problem here is that the title of the article is so damn misleading.

I do not blame the op though, I put that squarely on the newspaper.

2 Likes

Re: Fight Those Who Try To Stop You From Practising Islam – Sultan Of Sokoto by pacino26(m): 9:31am On Jul 24, 2016
They (leaders) keep broadening the divide among the common populace.

This statement will be misinterpreted for an "order" to kill.

Why can't they take into consideration their grammar when addressing members?
Re: Fight Those Who Try To Stop You From Practising Islam – Sultan Of Sokoto by Tenkobos(m): 9:32am On Jul 24, 2016
maxiflexy:
I disagree

1 Like

Re: Fight Those Who Try To Stop You From Practising Islam – Sultan Of Sokoto by maxiflexy(m): 9:37am On Jul 24, 2016

WITH THIS I WILL NOT BE SURPRISE TO SEE ILLETRATE YOUTHS IN KANO AND KADUNA ATTACKING THE CHRISTIANS SINCE THEIR OGA AT THE TOP HAS GIVEN APPROVAL
Re: Fight Those Who Try To Stop You From Practising Islam – Sultan Of Sokoto by Candyrain(m): 9:37am On Jul 24, 2016
omenka:
I'm disappointed in you- the op just mislead you through the title. Somebody should please read this:

..and tell me how it conforms with this topic!!

Some people are just too desperate to instigate religious crisis in this country. That strife they are looking for will dwell only with them and their immediate households, amen.

Hahahaha.
This post reeks of hypocrisy

I remember the thread where one Onyeka Nwalue said Biafra is a long rope... I saw the way u danced all over that thread because of the title, which didn't conform with the content but u failed to read the content of the thread or maybe u read but lacked comprehension or maybe u did comprehend but chose to act like a bigot.

And here u are accusing another. What should we call this act of urs pls Mr Omenka?

17 Likes

Re: Fight Those Who Try To Stop You From Practising Islam – Sultan Of Sokoto by dahmie2013: 9:43am On Jul 24, 2016
I will rada die, dan join Islam. D only light I see is violence, killing & destruction.

3 Likes

Re: Fight Those Who Try To Stop You From Practising Islam – Sultan Of Sokoto by omenka(m): 9:44am On Jul 24, 2016
One thing some people still fail to understand is I don't respond to idiotic comments. Quoting Omenka and typing crap is as good as viewing a thread as a quest- you do not exist. wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fight Those Who Try To Stop You From Practising Islam – Sultan Of Sokoto by XXX5(m): 10:40am On Jul 24, 2016
Actually, his statements are contradictory...

"... we must
never take laws into our hands..."

"... That is the
only way we can fight somebody..."

How can you advice people not to take the laws into their hands and simultaneously give them a reason to fight?

2 Likes

Re: Fight Those Who Try To Stop You From Practising Islam – Sultan Of Sokoto by Godjone(m): 10:48am On Jul 24, 2016
the satan of sokoto has spoken

1 Like

Re: Fight Those Who Try To Stop You From Practising Islam – Sultan Of Sokoto by Newmanluckyman(m): 10:48am On Jul 24, 2016
omenka:
You make a lot of sense- private spaces and other such boundaries should be respected in the course of exercising one's freedom/rights of worship/religion. The only problem here is that the title of the article is so damn misleading.

I do not blame the op though, I put that squarely on the newspaper.
.. Coming from the commander in chief of hypocrisy and bigotry. If I where you I will try to redeem my image in this forum because it is really shameful, indelible and disgraceful.

12 Likes

Re: Fight Those Who Try To Stop You From Practising Islam – Sultan Of Sokoto by Metallurgist: 11:01am On Jul 24, 2016
God punish this op for misleading ppl with the tittle of this post and shame on those hateful xtain extremist for only seeing what their screw up minds want to see, after all you only see and hear what you want, that aside the sultan teaches Muslims to be law abiden and to resist oppression especially that which involved the deniel of worship

3 Likes

Re: Fight Those Who Try To Stop You From Practising Islam – Sultan Of Sokoto by LORDOFAFONJAS: 11:08am On Jul 24, 2016
Who is omenka?
Re: Fight Those Who Try To Stop You From Practising Islam – Sultan Of Sokoto by LORDOFAFONJAS: 11:10am On Jul 24, 2016
Coming from the head of islam in nigeria, its so irritating
Re: Fight Those Who Try To Stop You From Practising Islam – Sultan Of Sokoto by 9jaBloke: 11:15am On Jul 24, 2016
Please read the entire write-up b4 u comment. He made a lot of sense. The topic is misleading.

1 Like

Re: Fight Those Who Try To Stop You From Practising Islam – Sultan Of Sokoto by ShaqFu: 11:24am On Jul 24, 2016
Sometimes, statement like this, made by the sultan are often misinterpreted by some moslem fanatics, then you see then unleashing mayhem everywhere.
Re: Fight Those Who Try To Stop You From Practising Islam – Sultan Of Sokoto by Flyingngel(m): 11:31am On Jul 24, 2016
“Those who do not want to come as Muslims are free to stay with us and continue working with us to make this country a much better place''.

What does he means by d above statement. Is Nigeria own by Islam that if other faith don't want to work with them then they shld leave? Last time i checked Nigeria belong to everybody irrespective of ur faith. These elder statemen shld alway b careful what they say irrespective of their faith or political affiliations.
Re: Fight Those Who Try To Stop You From Practising Islam – Sultan Of Sokoto by Alfranco(m): 11:38am On Jul 24, 2016
HungerBAD:

What does he mean fight anybody or group attempting to stop them from their religious obligations?were the Muslims stopped anytime in Nigeria from being Muslims?

A pastor as a Christian religion office holder dears not tell me that. I will assume he's fake to tell me to fight physically for Jesus. Well such stance is one of the remote reasons for intolerance and terrorism from the other side. And unfortunately they're being peaceful in their minds. This country would have gone in flames if pastors tell their member to fight or take the laws into their hands on any one who tries to stop them from preaching or following christianity.

3 Likes

Re: Fight Those Who Try To Stop You From Practising Islam – Sultan Of Sokoto by BrokenTV: 11:46am On Jul 24, 2016
omenka:
One thing some people still fail to understand is I don't respond to idiotic comments. Quoting Omenka and typing crap is as good as viewing a thread as a quest- you do not exist. wink
You only comes up to writing this trash whenever your hypocrisy is exposed. Your hypocrisy stingy, double faced man.

3 Likes

Re: Fight Those Who Try To Stop You From Practising Islam – Sultan Of Sokoto by Austin4lif: 11:52am On Jul 24, 2016
maxiflexy:

lalasticlala
most atheist in nigeria are yellobas.

1 Like

Re: Fight Those Who Try To Stop You From Practising Islam – Sultan Of Sokoto by Alfranco(m): 11:53am On Jul 24, 2016
HungerBAD:

One can deduce as remote reason why the female Deeper Life pastor was killed by his neighbour who assume she's preventing him from observing some religious right in front of the former's stall....looking at the narrative of their disagreement...

2 Likes

Re: Fight Those Who Try To Stop You From Practising Islam – Sultan Of Sokoto by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 24, 2016
Why is the title different from the content?

Mr op eh?
Re: Fight Those Who Try To Stop You From Practising Islam – Sultan Of Sokoto by medpren: 12:01pm On Jul 24, 2016
Candyrain:

Hahahaha.
This post reeks of hypocrisy

I remember the thread where one Onyeka Nwalue said Biafra is a long rope... I saw the way u danced all over that thread because of the title, which didn't conform with the content but u failed to read the content of the thread or maybe u read but lacked comprehension or maybe u did comprehend but chose to act like a bigot.

And here u are accusing another. What should we call this act of urs pls Mr Omenka?

You catch the hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: Fight Those Who Try To Stop You From Practising Islam – Sultan Of Sokoto by Sealeddeal(m): 12:01pm On Jul 24, 2016
maxiflexy:

lalasticlala
Religion is bad but Islam is the worst thing to have befallen mankind.

1 Like

Re: Fight Those Who Try To Stop You From Practising Islam – Sultan Of Sokoto by medpren: 12:02pm On Jul 24, 2016
HungerBAD:

But na your fulani overlord be that na.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Delaying Child Birth And Pregnancies / Tell us Tafseer Sessions Available In Your Area During Ramadan / Some Lessons From Adab Al-mufrad This Week: Caring For Animals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.