Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,289 members, 7,836,275 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Airtel Night Plan Is A Scam (photos) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Night Plan Is A Scam (photos) (3088 Views)

Stop Airtel Night Plan / Airtel Scrap Hourly Unlimited Night Plan Then Introduces 1.5GB For N50 And Other / The Return Of The Cheap Airtel Night Unlimited Data Plans In Different Style (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel Night Plan Is A Scam (photos) by Nobody: 9:34am On Jul 24, 2016
This is a warning to those planning to sacrifice their sleep for the night plan.

I have done the #50 (1.5Gb) three times now and have been scammed three times.!!! The first time I did it, my money was deducted and I received the message that I have been given 1.5Gb but it didn't connect. I called customer care and they were telling me stories

I did it again yesterday (23rd) and i got some funny speed readings. Imagine download speed at (2G) while upload speed was at (3G). so I couldn't use it .

I know this is a deliberate attempt from them because ideally, download speed is normally far higher than upload speed since subscribers do more of downloading. Even opening a Web-page requires downloading at the subscriber's end.
Check the picture below for the average speed reading i got.

For the third time, i did it again this morning(24th) this time around the speed was okay but to my greatest surprise i didn't use upto 300Mb when it stopped connecting.

See screenshots below

1 Like

Re: Airtel Night Plan Is A Scam (photos) by rottennaija(m): 10:16am On Jul 24, 2016
Airtel has always been a big scam for me. Even when I used to subscribe their android plain. I'll get say 1G but end up using 200mb
Re: Airtel Night Plan Is A Scam (photos) by timbros(m): 11:18am On Jul 24, 2016
Bros check what the problem is in your ends.

I did all my app updates and enough downloads (400+mb files x3, countless 100+mb files/videos) this morning. I would have subscribed again but I needed to wake up early so I went to sleep.

It is working perfectly.

2 Likes

Re: Airtel Night Plan Is A Scam (photos) by David25(m): 11:29am On Jul 24, 2016
Sorry, I feel your pain really. But the last time I did it, everything was perfect. grin

I'm not saying Airtel are not scams, they are! this year, I have lost close to N600 credit to Airtel with all the illegal deduction of my airtime over some useless Value Added service I didn't subscribe to.
I'm still looking for a way to get back at them.

1 Like

Re: Airtel Night Plan Is A Scam (photos) by AwesomeRomeo: 11:37am On Jul 24, 2016
That was how they scammed few days back. I subscribed for the 1.5gb @50. Few seconds later, they started taking me that annoying page telling me that my current data balance is zero, to continue using the Internet, I should buy data bundle from airtel angry undecided angry

Airtel and scam....

1 Like

Re: Airtel Night Plan Is A Scam (photos) by Jeffy1206(m): 12:13pm On Jul 24, 2016
David25:
Sorry, I feel your pain really. But the last time I did it, everything was perfect. grin

I'm not saying Airtel are not scams, they are! this year, I have lost close to N600 credit to Airtel with all the illegal deduction of my airtime over some useless Value Added service I didn't subscribe to.
I'm still looking for a way to get back at them.
the V.A.S thing, I thought it was only me o... I use to cry then cos of the 10 deduction until they finish 300 from my phone. Worst was that the system don't recognize any deduction cry cry
Re: Airtel Night Plan Is A Scam (photos) by David25(m): 4:25pm On Jul 24, 2016
Jeffy1206:
the V.A.S thing, I thought it was only me o... I use to cry then cos of the 10 deduction until they finish 300 from my phone. Worst was that the system don't recognize any deduction cry cry

lol.. you are not the only one bro.

I've stopped recharging on the line. I only recharge when I want to subscribe, then I immediately transfer the rest to a family member or just anyone.

1 Like

Re: Airtel Night Plan Is A Scam (photos) by Mcchemical(m): 5:39pm On Jul 24, 2016
TheModsAreMad:
This is a warning to those planning to sacrifice their sleep for the night plan.

I have done the #50 (1.5Gb) three times now and have been scammed three times.!!! The first time I did it, my money was deducted and I received the message that I have been given 1.5Gb but it didn't connect. I called customer care and they were telling me stories

I did it again yesterday (23rd) and i got some funny speed readings. Imagine download speed at (2G) while upload speed was at (3G). so I couldn't use it .

I know this is a deliberate attempt from them because ideally, download speed is normally far higher than upload speed since subscribers do more of downloading. Even opening a Web-page requires downloading at the subscriber's end.

For the third time, i did it again this morning(24th) this time around the speed was okay but to my greatest surprise i didn't use upto 300Mb when it stopped connecting.

See screenshots below

I thought I was the only person.. did it yesterday and after 5mins,I just stop working ...I was so pained and angry.. Na so I just sleep n dash Airtel my #50
Re: Airtel Night Plan Is A Scam (photos) by Dejideji1(m): 6:34pm On Jul 24, 2016
Mcchemical:

I thought I was the only person.. did it yesterday and after 5mins,I just stop working ...I was so pained and angry.. Na so I just sleep n dash Airtel my #50

Imagine, I have also been scammed several times by airtel before.
I still respect GLO, MTN, and ETISALAT when it comes to honesty/sincerity of allocated data/data consumption rate. i have never been scammed by them before.
Re: Airtel Night Plan Is A Scam (photos) by Jinyjagz(m): 6:35pm On Jul 24, 2016
Is working fine 4 me ooooo
Re: Airtel Night Plan Is A Scam (photos) by Dabss(m): 1:19am On Jul 31, 2016
same problem here. I started getting 2g speed after I subscribed but around 5am the speed suddenly improved from 20-30kBps to 400kBps-1.5mBps.
Re: Airtel Night Plan Is A Scam (photos) by Emmaway(m): 8:44am On Jul 31, 2016
TheModsAreMad:

See screenshots below
But I used mine tonight na What are you saying

Check out my stats today!!!

Re: Airtel Night Plan Is A Scam (photos) by Mckandre(m): 9:55am On Jul 31, 2016
a beg o, with this airtel plan, can u subscribe multiple times after u ve exhausted the allocated data same night?

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Iphone Cases That Would Simply Blow Your Pockets! / Proudly Nigerian Blackberry Themes & Apps / Can Blackberry Download Rar Files Or Torrent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.