Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,418 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Police Inspector, 5 Others Shot As Militants Storm Lagos Community - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Inspector, 5 Others Shot As Militants Storm Lagos Community (2094 Views)

Police intercept dynamite, detonators as militants attempts to bomb 3rd mainland / Militants Storm Cross Rivers State office, hold Deputy Governor Hostage / Army Storms Oporoza As Militants Plan To Bomb Abuja, Lagos, PH, Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Inspector, 5 Others Shot As Militants Storm Lagos Community by outknow: 9:42am On Jul 24, 2016
There was tension in Fatoki community in the Igando area of Lagos as suspected militants stormed the area.

The hoodlums stormed the community in the wee hours of yesterday and unleashed terror on the residents. The mili­tants were said to have attempted to abduct a wealthy man in the area but the man fortuitously escaped.

The militants were said to have started shooting sporadically at anyone they saw, and in the pro­cess shot a Police Inspec­tor and other people.

It was gathered that the community sent a distress call to the Police who stormed the place and engaged the militants in a gun battle that lasted for about two hours.

A police source told Sunday Sun that when the militants exhausted their bullets, they es­caped through Totowu Waterways, Ogun State and abandoned some of their guns.

A resident, Donald Asiedu said: “We have a vigilance group. We were at our duty posts when the militants stormed our community.

They had more supe­rior arms than us. We took to our heels. They were armed with GPMG (general purpose ma­chine gun, with ammuni­tion chains). They were shooting everywhere. I thank God that we were able to escape from the militants.

Asiedu said the mili­tant attempted to kidnap a businessman (names withheld), but the man escaped through the win­dow.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) Dolapo Badmos confirmed the incident and said two persons in­cluding a Police Inspec­tor were shot.

Her words: “The Com­mand foiled an attempt by a group of militants that invaded Fatoki com­munity in Igando area of the state. The hood­lums stormed the place through the waterways, shooting sporadically.

“Police teams were promptly dispatched to the scene and engaged the militants in a gun bat­tle. The superior firepow­er of the police, forced the militants to abandon their mission and es­caped through Totowu Waterways.

“A civilian and a Po­lice Inspector were in­jured during the gun battle. I want members of the public to report to the nearest Police station, anyone seen with bul­let injuries as some of the hoodlums escaped with bullet injuries.

“The Commissioner of Police, Mr Fatai Owoseni, has advised the members of the public to always alert the police whenever they see suspicious people in the neighbourhood. This will enable the police to nip in the bud activities of criminals.”

As at press time, resi­dents of Fatoki were still living in fear of a possible reprisal attack by the mili­tants.

A resident, Banjo Oye­wole told Sunday Sun: “I am leaving the area right now. I am waiting for my wife to pick up her loads so that we relocate to Ipa­ja. If you heard the gun­shots, you wouldn’t wait for someone to advise you on what to do.

It was like a war situa­tion. I thought the com­munity had finished, I was surprised to hear that only six persons were shot. But I doubt it was only six per­sons that were shot.

“We need security in our waterways. The Police should not wait for them to attack, they should be pro­active.”

http://biafrasay.com/p/322080/police-inspector-5-others-shot-as-militants-storm-lagos-comm
Re: Police Inspector, 5 Others Shot As Militants Storm Lagos Community by outknow: 9:42am On Jul 24, 2016
More
Re: Police Inspector, 5 Others Shot As Militants Storm Lagos Community by locosis007(m): 9:46am On Jul 24, 2016
Wetin Lagos do militants this period.

So so Lagos. Ahba!
Re: Police Inspector, 5 Others Shot As Militants Storm Lagos Community by omenka(m): 9:48am On Jul 24, 2016
Crappy source- No Comment.

2 Likes

Re: Police Inspector, 5 Others Shot As Militants Storm Lagos Community by bewla(m): 9:51am On Jul 24, 2016
oya eko ni ba je
Re: Police Inspector, 5 Others Shot As Militants Storm Lagos Community by outknow: 10:00am On Jul 24, 2016
omenka:
Crappy idiot skip

10 Likes

Re: Police Inspector, 5 Others Shot As Militants Storm Lagos Community by Almajiri1: 10:04am On Jul 24, 2016
Ambode should rise up as the chief security of Lagos and do his paid job.
Re: Police Inspector, 5 Others Shot As Militants Storm Lagos Community by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 24, 2016
That moment when biafrasay is the one reporting Lagos-related news cheesy

Well..it will be difficult for these guys to penetrate like they used to because there is huge security presence in that area especially Igbo olomu, ishawo and elepete

Except they catch them napping

2 Likes

Re: Police Inspector, 5 Others Shot As Militants Storm Lagos Community by Godjone(m): 10:17am On Jul 24, 2016
these militants mean business oooo. See how them just dey decimate and degrade the waste and there peeps grin

4 Likes

Re: Police Inspector, 5 Others Shot As Militants Storm Lagos Community by outknow: 10:22am On Jul 24, 2016
Whathaveidone:
That moment when biafrasay is the one reporting Lagos-related news cheesy

Well..it will be difficult for these guys to penetrate like they used to because there is huge security presence in that area especially Igbo olomu, ishawo and elepete

Except they catch them napping

My brother, the yorubas are in the igbo, ipob and niger delta topics writing hatred.
Let biafrasay cover their hood for them

2 Likes

Re: Police Inspector, 5 Others Shot As Militants Storm Lagos Community by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 24, 2016
in as much as i like to comment... I won't because thw source isn't .......

DrabeeyWasHere
Re: Police Inspector, 5 Others Shot As Militants Storm Lagos Community by outknow: 10:31am On Jul 24, 2016
Drabeey:
in as much as i like to comment... I won't because thw source isn't .......

DrabeeyWasHere

I like it

You just did. Next time..just lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Police Inspector, 5 Others Shot As Militants Storm Lagos Community by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 24, 2016
Godjone:
these militants mean business oooo. See how them just dey decimate and degrade the waste and there peeps grin

Shitgbo tout doesn't even know chances are there were Igbos among the people killed grin

Olosh is rejoicing

Very typical of ipobononos .. Superyogo mentality cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Police Inspector, 5 Others Shot As Militants Storm Lagos Community by Sealeddeal(m): 10:36am On Jul 24, 2016
Militancy and kidnapping in SW Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Police Inspector, 5 Others Shot As Militants Storm Lagos Community by Lanretoye(m): 10:39am On Jul 24, 2016
izi true?
Re: Police Inspector, 5 Others Shot As Militants Storm Lagos Community by Flyingngel(m): 10:50am On Jul 24, 2016
Shoooo, that is to say militant has no geopolitical zone
Re: Police Inspector, 5 Others Shot As Militants Storm Lagos Community by Moneybook: 11:11am On Jul 24, 2016
Opc where are thou
Re: Police Inspector, 5 Others Shot As Militants Storm Lagos Community by DaBullIT(m): 11:54am On Jul 24, 2016
I bet this news from the useless source was posted to scorn the Yoruba people in the SW , but guess what , Everybody will up the ante now and things will escalate fast

I also implore people living in any part of Lagos to be a patriot for once and report every bastard with bullet wound , we catch one , we expose the kidnapping syndicate
Re: Police Inspector, 5 Others Shot As Militants Storm Lagos Community by outknow: 12:03pm On Jul 24, 2016
DaBullIT:
I bet this news from the useless source was posted to scorn the Yoruba people in the SW , but guess what , Everybody will up the ante now and things will escalate fast

I also implore people living in any part of Lagos to be a patriot for once and report every bastard with bullet wound , we catch one , we expose the kidnapping syndicate

Is that why your gutter media failed to report it?
Check out my next topic here. It is the bomb. Guess what?.......
From the same source. It happened at your backyard with pictures to prove it

4 Likes

Re: Police Inspector, 5 Others Shot As Militants Storm Lagos Community by tafabaloo(m): 12:08pm On Jul 24, 2016
OPC ultimatum still counting.....won't comment until a repeat of this after d expiration of the ultimatum.
Re: Police Inspector, 5 Others Shot As Militants Storm Lagos Community by DaBullIT(m): 12:10pm On Jul 24, 2016
It if happened , it would be reported, If the SW media censored it , Which is impossible, people would have posted on IG,Twitter and Facebook, Punch is not the only source of information

outknow:

Is that why your gutter media failed to report it?
Check out my next topic here. It is the bomb. Guess what?.......
From the same source. It happened at your backyard with pictures to prove it
Re: Police Inspector, 5 Others Shot As Militants Storm Lagos Community by Austin4lif: 12:21pm On Jul 24, 2016
omenka:
u are back? How is the change?

2 Likes

Re: Police Inspector, 5 Others Shot As Militants Storm Lagos Community by Austin4lif: 12:21pm On Jul 24, 2016
omenka:
u are back? How is the change? I hope ur community is safe in benue state?

1 Like

Re: Police Inspector, 5 Others Shot As Militants Storm Lagos Community by outknow: 12:23pm On Jul 24, 2016
DaBullIT:
It if happened , it would be reported, If the SW media censored it , Which is impossible, people would have posted on IG,Twitter and Facebook, Punch is not the only source of information

Does that story look fake,go to the places mentioned or ask, make call to confirm
Re: Police Inspector, 5 Others Shot As Militants Storm Lagos Community by amuokuko: 12:26pm On Jul 24, 2016
Waiting for OPC next line of action..
Re: Police Inspector, 5 Others Shot As Militants Storm Lagos Community by otokx(m): 12:29pm On Jul 24, 2016
Like play, like play.
Re: Police Inspector, 5 Others Shot As Militants Storm Lagos Community by kingthreat(m): 12:44pm On Jul 24, 2016
Biafrasay.com grin grin
These people really wish evil for Yorubaland
Re: Police Inspector, 5 Others Shot As Militants Storm Lagos Community by mercyville: 12:47pm On Jul 24, 2016
It is true.A lady who lives there and with our family now just confirmed the story.She said the police came in without siren..
A vigilante man was hit on the nape of the neck but a couple of the militants were seriously hit but fled with the gunwounds...
Re: Police Inspector, 5 Others Shot As Militants Storm Lagos Community by mercyville: 12:54pm On Jul 24, 2016
outknow:

Does that story look fake,go to the places mentioned or ask, make call to confirm

It is very true,Ojukwu.
Re: Police Inspector, 5 Others Shot As Militants Storm Lagos Community by mightyhaze: 1:06pm On Jul 24, 2016
Austin4lif:
u are back? How is the change? I hope ur community is safe in benue state?
hez a fulani boy. Don't taunt brothers from benue because of an impostor

1 Like

Re: Police Inspector, 5 Others Shot As Militants Storm Lagos Community by mightyhaze: 1:09pm On Jul 24, 2016
kingthreat:
Biafrasay.com grin grin
These people really wish evil for Yorubaland
naaa! Just helpin out ooduasay,whom will prefer to dwell on other people's news rather than state theirs

1 Like

Re: Police Inspector, 5 Others Shot As Militants Storm Lagos Community by ogedengbeakogun: 2:05pm On Jul 24, 2016
Useless yigbos or parasitic yibats... Who give una phone to dey chat sef on top nairaland owned nd built by Yoruba sagacious sweat... Useless ungrateful flat head parasites... I hate you allllllllll.... I pray death for you all today.... We need a nuke in these country so every one can go to his or her respective land.... Fucking ungrateful yibossss

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Chuks Ikedigwe? Is He Also A Prophet? / PDP Is Dead In Ondo State, I Have Had Meetings With APC Leaders-jimoh Ibrahim / Thanksgiving Ceremony Of Emeka Offor Father's Burial. Obiano Attends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.