Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,800 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

GOD WHY?? Kerosene Going Beyond The Reach Of The Poor, As Inflation Bites Hard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GOD WHY?? Kerosene Going Beyond The Reach Of The Poor, As Inflation Bites Hard (889 Views)

Can Never Be Poor As Dangote, Gamsu Abacha Flaunts Her Plate Of Meal - Photos / No Matter How Much They Recover,we Can Never Be As Poor As Dangote-abacha's Wife / We Shall Begin To Pay N5000 To The Poor As Soon As Budget Is Passed- VP Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GOD WHY?? Kerosene Going Beyond The Reach Of The Poor, As Inflation Bites Hard by Zubby56(f): 10:26am On Jul 24, 2016
Kerosene, which is commonly accessible to rural and urban women in Nigeria, is going beyond the reach of the common man, thereby increasing inflationary trends in the country.
Most families in Aba, the commercial hub of Abia State, have resorted to the use charcoal for cooking, an alternative to kerosene, which they said is now beyond the reach of the common man.
The price of the product, which dropped minimally to N97 per litre, few months ago in most filling stations, has gone up again to N220 per litre, a development residents observed, portends serious danger for the people, as it would promote product adulteration.
They noted that the same situation in 2015, resulted to fire outbreaks, leading to loss of lives and property.
Rosemary Onwuka, a single lady, who lives with her elder brother at Ogbor Hill area of the city, decried the development and described it as unfortunate.
According to her, kerosene now takes a large piece of our house upkeep and urged the Federal Government to address the situation fast.
β€œIn the past, I could use N150 to purchase three litres of kerosene and still have some money left for other things, but that has changed, as I now spend money meant for other things for kerosene,” she said.
Oge Ezeugo, told BDSUNDAY that she now uses firewood or charcoal as she could no longer afford kerosene with her meager salary.
In her words, β€œI have so many needs contending for my salary and so, I would not expend it only on one item.”
She urged the Federal Government to ensure that the product is available at the official price of N50. Ezeugo is not alone in this; so many other residents have since started using firewood for cooking.
Happiness Uzoechi, an IT instructor, affirmed that she had since changed to firewood for her cooking.
Re: GOD WHY?? Kerosene Going Beyond The Reach Of The Poor, As Inflation Bites Hard by richidinho(m): 10:30am On Jul 24, 2016
When you were trekking from Lagos to Abuja just to celebrate his victory

I warned you!

6 Likes

Re: GOD WHY?? Kerosene Going Beyond The Reach Of The Poor, As Inflation Bites Hard by Zubby56(f): 10:41am On Jul 24, 2016
richidinho:
When you were trekking from Lagos to Abuja just to celebrate his victory

I warned you!
. Lol not me ooo
Re: GOD WHY?? Kerosene Going Beyond The Reach Of The Poor, As Inflation Bites Hard by Ajewealth123(m): 10:47am On Jul 24, 2016
I don't know why people are not switching to gas already.to me,it is more economical and fast
Re: GOD WHY?? Kerosene Going Beyond The Reach Of The Poor, As Inflation Bites Hard by 400billionman: 11:34am On Jul 24, 2016
Government of hardship and poverty..

Mr integrity wants to break his 1985 records...
Re: GOD WHY?? Kerosene Going Beyond The Reach Of The Poor, As Inflation Bites Hard by LORDOFAFONJAS: 11:40am On Jul 24, 2016
Tinubu and his afonjas are the reason we are suffering today
Re: GOD WHY?? Kerosene Going Beyond The Reach Of The Poor, As Inflation Bites Hard by ConqueredWest: 11:56am On Jul 24, 2016
LORDOFAFONJAS:
Tinubu and his afonjas are the reason we are suffering today

Very true angry
Re: GOD WHY?? Kerosene Going Beyond The Reach Of The Poor, As Inflation Bites Hard by richidinho(m): 12:28pm On Jul 24, 2016
Lalasticlala cum hia pls
Re: GOD WHY?? Kerosene Going Beyond The Reach Of The Poor, As Inflation Bites Hard by chernest2002: 12:30pm On Jul 24, 2016
Take heart dear ego beta.
Re: GOD WHY?? Kerosene Going Beyond The Reach Of The Poor, As Inflation Bites Hard by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 24, 2016
chernest2002:
Take heart dear ego beta.
Do you know since the time i have been hearing ego beta?E never still better.
Re: GOD WHY?? Kerosene Going Beyond The Reach Of The Poor, As Inflation Bites Hard by chernest2002: 12:47pm On Jul 24, 2016
Love Machine:
Do you know since the time i have been hearing ego beta?E never still better.
how for do ?bubu get army and police now,abi you wan try suicide? Abegi hang on till 2019

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Invites Ekiti Contractor For Allegedly Bribing Fayose / President Muhammadu Buhari Inauguration Of The Governing And Board... / Jonathan, Akpabio, Wike, Dokpesi,, Others Named As Sponsors Of NDA Militants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.