Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,723 members, 7,862,295 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 01:18 PM

Isaac Alfa Wins Kogi East Senatorial Rerun Election - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Isaac Alfa Wins Kogi East Senatorial Rerun Election (23789 Views)

Appeal Court Declares Kogi East Senate Seat Vacant / Andrew Uchendu Declared Senator, Rivers East Senatorial District By Tribunal / Isaac Alfa And Uwajumogu Sworn-in As Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Isaac Alfa Wins Kogi East Senatorial Rerun Election by jerryfisher(m): 7:08pm On Jul 24, 2016
Jorussia:
An election without APC will definitely be a work over for PDP. It is the senatorial victory of APC in IMO state that should be a pointer to the fact that APC is still the most acceptable party by Nigerians across the 6 geopolitical zones of the country despite the present temporary economic challenges facing the country.
ur view
Re: Isaac Alfa Wins Kogi East Senatorial Rerun Election by jerryfisher(m): 7:13pm On Jul 24, 2016
dustmalik:

Pdp won only because apc couldn't field a candidate. I'm from Kogi state so I know what i'm talking about.
well done Mr konggis!!!kogi is has been a PDP state n will return to PDP soon
Re: Isaac Alfa Wins Kogi East Senatorial Rerun Election by Qmerit(m): 7:13pm On Jul 24, 2016
Congrats to the winner!
Re: Isaac Alfa Wins Kogi East Senatorial Rerun Election by alexarelano(m): 7:15pm On Jul 24, 2016
Abeg, na wu still dey vote 4 APC?
Una still neva wise up? angry

1 Like

Re: Isaac Alfa Wins Kogi East Senatorial Rerun Election by maestroferddi: 7:17pm On Jul 24, 2016
dustmalik:

Pdp won only because apc couldn't field a candidate. I'm from Kogi state so I know what i'm talking about.
What do you know?

The Igalas are the main power brokers in Kogi and since Audu's death crystallized Yahaya Bello, it became incumbent on Igalas to re-aligned themselves so as to regain power lost for the first time.

I daresay that most Igalas have come to identify with the PDP. You should know what that means in the balance of power in Kogi State...

2 Likes

Re: Isaac Alfa Wins Kogi East Senatorial Rerun Election by anonimi: 7:23pm On Jul 24, 2016
dustmalik:
What is happening today was caused by the late Audu. He collected monies from some intending candidates from Kogi central, east and west senatorial zones, and imposed them on others, without conducting primaries.

The same Audu who promised to return the state's N11 billion if he wins shocked grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3055762_img2015110125972_jpeg66c3005a24a1d7fdf4b0957ab226a189

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Isaac Alfa Wins Kogi East Senatorial Rerun Election by Tmoyo(m): 7:23pm On Jul 24, 2016
OLADD:
Some people whose alias start with "Z", claim PDP is dead. Despite having an alternative in Labour Party, the Kogi East people ignored the influence of their sitting APC governor to pitch their tents enmass with PDP. APC should watch its back as 2019 approaches.
be reminded that APC never contested the race....study hard
Re: Isaac Alfa Wins Kogi East Senatorial Rerun Election by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 24, 2016
OLADD:
Some people whose alias start with "Z", claim PDP is dead. Despite having an alternative in Labour Party, the Kogi East people ignored the influence of their sitting APC governor to pitch their tents enmass with PDP. APC should watch its back as 2019 approaches.
APC shot itself in the foot in Kogi state when they decided to impose Yahaya Bello as the governor of the state. Kogi East is the most populated district in Kogi state and politics being a game of numbers dictates that Kogi East should produce the state's governor or at least have a say on who should be the state's governor (we demanded for James Faleke). 2019 will be very interesting. Where PDP and the central level survives or not may be debatable but PDP in Kogi state will regain power. The Igalas are disappointed in the leaders of APC in the state. Could you believe that mostv of them actually worked against Audi while they were following him around to tap from his popularity? The Igalas will vote en masse against APC and so will the Okuns who were cheated by the a party after the Igalas got cheated by death. Tribalism cannot be erased out of politics, not in Nigeria, not in America, Russia or anywhere in the world.

1 Like

Re: Isaac Alfa Wins Kogi East Senatorial Rerun Election by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 24, 2016
highmood:
Is it that the Kogi people have realized thier mistake and arr try to get it right or the man is simply popular in that zone?
Well Isaac just got lucky. His brother Bob decamped to APC last year and campaigned for Audu. Isaac has been contesting and losing elections at the party's primary level since 2003 and he became completely irrelevant after Dan Kadiri's death.
Re: Isaac Alfa Wins Kogi East Senatorial Rerun Election by NairaMaster1(m): 8:10pm On Jul 24, 2016
Afeecee!!!!!

Re: Isaac Alfa Wins Kogi East Senatorial Rerun Election by omohanet(m): 8:12pm On Jul 24, 2016
It's Gud we d electorates to vote wisely, because our votes de determine d prices of guds in d market.
Re: Isaac Alfa Wins Kogi East Senatorial Rerun Election by bewla(m): 8:22pm On Jul 24, 2016
LORDOFAFONJAS:
I can't wait for Edo state election to come, that day PDP will overcome the alimis and afonjas of south south.
i dont get it why can we accept that we have being take for fools 4 16years and embrace the government we have now.

look beyond now its only temporary not for ever.

timely intervention is what we need now

1 Like

Re: Isaac Alfa Wins Kogi East Senatorial Rerun Election by temptnow: 8:52pm On Jul 24, 2016
Babatundecash:
The way APC candidate was defeated during the last presidential and governorship election in Kogi state.
Benue and kogi people don wise up now. In fact all middle belt region. They now know Buhariis a fraudster

2 Likes

Re: Isaac Alfa Wins Kogi East Senatorial Rerun Election by Nellybank(m): 9:32pm On Jul 24, 2016
God purnish u... A vote without a RULING PARTY is a fraud. Clearly d same animal who saw Nigeria falling and stood clapping. U disgressed me, I am ashamed of u. Good nite
HungerBAD:
Day light Robbery.

A vote without an APC candidate,this is purely Robbery.

1 Like

Re: Isaac Alfa Wins Kogi East Senatorial Rerun Election by smartleo(m): 10:01pm On Jul 24, 2016
OLADD:
Let me educate you a little,APC didn't participate in the rerun election .The party candidate was disqualified by the court.thanks bro
Re: Isaac Alfa Wins Kogi East Senatorial Rerun Election by Franklyf(m): 5:33am On Jul 25, 2016
Jirate:

My Dear, 2019 is too Far, they will Lose in Edo and Ondo States comes September 10 and November 26, 2016.
Do you know that APC don shit take Bible and Koran clean their yansh for Edo? If you nor know, know now.Oshiomohle 3rd we don't want. Obaseki is big for me nothing. You no fit compare Toyota Camry with Mercedes-Benz G-wagon.
Re: Isaac Alfa Wins Kogi East Senatorial Rerun Election by Caseless: 5:59am On Jul 25, 2016
OLADD:
you don't know anything about Kogi politics, just keep off. Which governor are you talking about, the one that emerged by 6k votes? He should be the reason people would not vote for apc in igala land. There's an Attai Aidoko( a one time senator and 3 times HoR member) who upon his legal fight the election was nullified. As a pdp candidate, he won in court, but via pre-election tussle at the high court, isaac Alfa got him; of course, the court disqualified him and Isaac emerged. There's no apc in the race. If Aidoko was there on pdp ticket, you'd have seen how the people would vote Labour party.
Re: Isaac Alfa Wins Kogi East Senatorial Rerun Election by Caseless: 6:01am On Jul 25, 2016
smartleo:

Let me educate you a little,APC didn't participate in the rerun election .The party candidate was disqualified by the court.thanks bro
not the party candidate, but the party itself. They did not hold primary election for most of their candidates then.

1 Like

Re: Isaac Alfa Wins Kogi East Senatorial Rerun Election by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:26am On Jul 25, 2016
WhoRUDeceiving:
More military guys leading us in democracy. That is Africa for una
who stopped you from leading yourself
Re: Isaac Alfa Wins Kogi East Senatorial Rerun Election by bashydemy(m): 11:44am On Jul 25, 2016
HungerBAD:
Day light Robbery.

A vote without an APC candidate,this is purely Robbery.
No mind them, we wont hear anything now ooo but if it happen in other state and PDP was barred from the election you will hear PMB names more than 20million times.

1 Like

Re: Isaac Alfa Wins Kogi East Senatorial Rerun Election by bashydemy(m): 11:53am On Jul 25, 2016
CJERRYEMILEX:
"The Election was very peaceful" says INEC and APC was not included in the election and the election was not declared inconclusive as usual.
Does this mean that APC is responsible for elections being Violent and inconclusive

If you think is APC Click Like if you think is not Click share lets see what Nigerians think.
What you don't know is that lately APC is the party to beat, if APC happen to be in that election PDP will see them as the main problem and they will have to strategies and hire some hoodlums to rig for them and that's why there will be irregularities. But since APC is not involve in the election, PDP see it as easy ride to victory and no need of hiring any thugs.
Re: Isaac Alfa Wins Kogi East Senatorial Rerun Election by Babatundecash(m): 4:41pm On Jul 25, 2016
temptnow:
Benue and kogi people don wise up now. In fact all middle belt region. They now know Buhariis a fraudster
you made me laugh when you mentioned the middle belt in general did you know L.G election was held in Abuja recently and pdp could not even claim a seat......I fear for PDP if they continue losing this way anytime APC candidate is field against them....The IMO rerun has much to say about that....PDP losing to APC in S.E where it is believe to be their stronghold.....in your voice the imolites did not believe Pmb is a fraudster? Abi,....I don't know that of Edo but I belt you here in Ondo state the election result will shock you come Nov.26.
Re: Isaac Alfa Wins Kogi East Senatorial Rerun Election by temptnow: 9:11pm On Jul 25, 2016
Babatundecash:
you made me laugh when you mentioned the middle belt in general did you know L.G election was held in Abuja recently and pdp could not even claim a seat......I fear for PDP if they continue losing this way anytime APC candidate is field against them....The IMO rerun has much to say about that....PDP losing to APC in S.E where it is believe to be their stronghold.....in your voice the imolites did not believe Pmb is a fraudster? Abi,....I don't know that of Edo but I belt you here in Ondo state the election result will shock you come Nov.26.
Rochas is a well known fraudster we can't wait to kick him out after these his tenure. We don't want APC anywhere in SS or SE. He obviously connived with inec to rig himself back in. As for this rerun his money is working for him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Muhammadu Buhari Resumes Office, Sends Letter To Senate / RCCG Denies Letter To Fayose Recognising Deji Ogunsakin / Throwback Photos Of Fayose & His Wife, Feyisetan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.