Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,792 members, 7,813,621 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:06 PM

Ghanaian Bride Wears Sneakers On Her Wedding Day - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Ghanaian Bride Wears Sneakers On Her Wedding Day (67710 Views)

Ghanaian Bride Wears 20 Outfits In 2 Days For Her Wedding (Photos) / Bride Wears Boobs-Popping Wedding Gown: Is This Fashion Or Madness? / Ghanaian Bride Refuses To Kiss Husband In Church During Their Wedding Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghanaian Bride Wears Sneakers On Her Wedding Day by GreatGatsby(m): 2:01pm On Jul 24, 2016
Love this, atleast she will be very comfortable while dancing.
Re: Ghanaian Bride Wears Sneakers On Her Wedding Day by Greenback: 2:03pm On Jul 24, 2016
Black is beautiful
Re: Ghanaian Bride Wears Sneakers On Her Wedding Day by alexarelano(m): 2:06pm On Jul 24, 2016
Abeg, na whu get Sagem pin mouth charger?
Re: Ghanaian Bride Wears Sneakers On Her Wedding Day by cornel994(m): 2:06pm On Jul 24, 2016
IffaCatchYouEhn:
Ghana, Kenya and Weird things

They would soon start wearing Socks too grin
Ivie Okujaye did it during her wedding, it's no biggie
Re: Ghanaian Bride Wears Sneakers On Her Wedding Day by Olamilekan93(m): 2:07pm On Jul 24, 2016
[quote author=metromediaboss post=47841477]This bride was seen rocking sneakers on her wedding day (yesterday) in Ghana.

See photos below

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/07/photos-bride-wears-sneakers-on-her.html

She might be an ambassador for the sneaker's company she's rocking and only allowed to put on only that nd no other type of shoes..jus kidding tho
Re: Ghanaian Bride Wears Sneakers On Her Wedding Day by folahann(m): 2:08pm On Jul 24, 2016
Why mirroring the first picture to show as second pix?
Re: Ghanaian Bride Wears Sneakers On Her Wedding Day by 3RNEST(m): 2:08pm On Jul 24, 2016
#Dope it's making brain... I wish the garment was red...
Re: Ghanaian Bride Wears Sneakers On Her Wedding Day by dayoade2007(m): 2:10pm On Jul 24, 2016
Nothing wrong with the outfit......make sense
Re: Ghanaian Bride Wears Sneakers On Her Wedding Day by Bgorgeous: 2:11pm On Jul 24, 2016
Correct babe doing extra ordinary things
Re: Ghanaian Bride Wears Sneakers On Her Wedding Day by justmenoni: 2:12pm On Jul 24, 2016
very beautiful couple
Re: Ghanaian Bride Wears Sneakers On Her Wedding Day by engrlarex(m): 2:12pm On Jul 24, 2016
IffaCatchYouEhn:
Ghana, Kenya and Weird things
They would soon start wearing Socks too grin

abeg mail that picture to me on engrlarex4ife@yahoo.com
Re: Ghanaian Bride Wears Sneakers On Her Wedding Day by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 24, 2016
decatalyst:
Anyone think if the dude had wore a Nike sneakers too, it would have been super cool?
Yea , exactly.
Re: Ghanaian Bride Wears Sneakers On Her Wedding Day by bighorlus(m): 2:18pm On Jul 24, 2016
i like her ability to do what she wanted with herself.
Re: Ghanaian Bride Wears Sneakers On Her Wedding Day by Originalsly: 2:24pm On Jul 24, 2016
No rules on what to wear.....free to wear slippers too... but that doesn't make it appropriate. Tells me bride is village girl excited to wear sneakers... occasion doesn't matter.
Re: Ghanaian Bride Wears Sneakers On Her Wedding Day by achimotan(m): 2:30pm On Jul 24, 2016
Ghanaian bride explains why she wore sneakers to her wedding

A Ghanaian bride who shocked people by wearing sneakers to her wedding has explained why she did it

Vera Ewura Obeng said the decision to wear sneakers on the day of her wedding to Festus Attah Isoah Iso was informed by her experience as a wedding photographer.

She said she had noticed in her six years of taking pictures at weddings that brides were always uncomfortable in their heels and eventually had to replace them with something more comfortable during receptions.

Vera said she felt there was no point wearing different shoes for the wedding and reception, and so opted for the sneakers, which she said she wore for nine hours.

“What is the point in wearing heels to church and remove it during reception? I just don’t get it. If you want heels wear it throughout the event. I wore mine for 9 hours. I see brides complaining about the heels all the time,” she said.

Vera’s remarks came after some social media users mocked her for what they said was her odd choice of footwear.

Responding to those who described her wedding dress as too casual, Vera said she had opted for something simple that she could also wear to other events.

“I just don’t get the bit where I spend thousands of Mahama cedis on a dress I can’t wear again. I just can’t ‘think far’. Invite me to your baby christening and I will gladly come in it”, she said

Vera stressed that she was not opposed to brides wearing heels to their wedding.

“I don’t have anything against wearing of heels and gowns… at the end of the day it’s all about choices,” she said.

LIFE IS ABOUT CHOICES,SO Y'ALL SHOULD FREE HER.WHEN IT'S TURN YOU CAN PUT ON THE BEST HIGH HEELS IN THE WORLD

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Bride Wears Sneakers On Her Wedding Day by sunnyside16(m): 2:37pm On Jul 24, 2016
Awesome, really comfy compared to heels that stresses movement of bride.

I like do like how comfortable it looks. 9ja babes go dey look for Italian high heels.
Re: Ghanaian Bride Wears Sneakers On Her Wedding Day by sirjakez(m): 3:06pm On Jul 24, 2016
Swag bride grin grin grin
Re: Ghanaian Bride Wears Sneakers On Her Wedding Day by sirjakez(m): 3:08pm On Jul 24, 2016
Vote vizkiz for Mr NL coolVote vizkiz for Mr NL
Re: Ghanaian Bride Wears Sneakers On Her Wedding Day by alizma: 3:18pm On Jul 24, 2016
cruzita:
this is making sense

easy and comfortable

God bless you and grant your heart desires. you saw what I am seeing. very simple and just being themselves. it mustn't be as Mr A or Mr B's own, just make it your own way.
anyone who feels bad about it can ask Oba Akiolu of Lagos for direction. the lagoon is not far.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Bride Wears Sneakers On Her Wedding Day by profmallory(m): 3:20pm On Jul 24, 2016
She actually looks cool in them, says a lot about her personality.. Very Independent minded. Its her wedding and it looks cool on her.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Bride Wears Sneakers On Her Wedding Day by Spells(m): 3:25pm On Jul 24, 2016
Nat badt at alt grin
Re: Ghanaian Bride Wears Sneakers On Her Wedding Day by Kasnel: 3:39pm On Jul 24, 2016
Throw tantrums/whine all you want, the good story is, she is married and happy. QED!.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Bride Wears Sneakers On Her Wedding Day by chara019: 3:55pm On Jul 24, 2016
It's nice,it's something I can rock
Re: Ghanaian Bride Wears Sneakers On Her Wedding Day by Garshyzee(m): 4:01pm On Jul 24, 2016
How is dis news?? When kerosene is 270/litr now...

Lemme go fetch fire wood joor undecided
Re: Ghanaian Bride Wears Sneakers On Her Wedding Day by oladimeji0078(m): 4:13pm On Jul 24, 2016
Gangstar bride cool
Re: Ghanaian Bride Wears Sneakers On Her Wedding Day by 360command: 4:20pm On Jul 24, 2016
Not bad !
Re: Ghanaian Bride Wears Sneakers On Her Wedding Day by glossy6(f): 4:42pm On Jul 24, 2016
cruzita:
this is making sense

easy and comfortable

No be small thing. After all what is all these fuss about wedding? Na so I even wear veil join on my wedding day self, fix nail, paint am join. I hate being artificial.
Re: Ghanaian Bride Wears Sneakers On Her Wedding Day by seluchi(f): 5:04pm On Jul 24, 2016
Naija and oversabi
Re: Ghanaian Bride Wears Sneakers On Her Wedding Day by achimotan(m): 5:09pm On Jul 24, 2016
Itannooluwa:
dere r two things involved
either d bride s a tomboy or she's high on weed

It is her choice.Is this Australian lady who decided to wear black instead of white also on weed?

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Bride Wears Sneakers On Her Wedding Day by tommykiwi(m): 5:13pm On Jul 24, 2016
it makes sense, as easy as dat...Not some naija babe dat will demand shoes of 100k to wear just on their wedding day...Atleast dis saves cost a bit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Receives Beating After Throwing Alligator Pepper Into Burial Grave(video) / Lady Causes A Stir At Wedding For Wearing Similar Gown With The Bride (photo) / A Dead Ghanaian Electrician Decorated As An Electrician At His Burial (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.