Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Response - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Response (619 Views)

Item Response Theory : What's It About?(JAMB) / JAMB Adopts Item Response Theory To Reduce Possibility Of Guessing Answers Right / WAEC's Response To NGO Seeking To Sponsor Best Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Response by donciccio: 7:35pm On Sep 16, 2009
dayo1401:

Fellow nairalander this just came up on my mind, as there as been so much debate about discrimination against Hnd holders unlike their B.sc counter part, but i want to put this to the house, should HND really be equivalent to HND,
I am of the view that HND should never be equivalent to B.sc, for the following reason,
The way the institutions awarding this degrees are strcuted,
as we know the universities awards B.sc degrees and we all know the the rigour you go through, before you get awarded this degree, talking about,  the lectures, many of them phd holders and professor, of years and years of experience,
unlike the hnd holders, where b.sc graduates and hnd graduate head the institution
secondly, you get tutored by quality lectures including professors and phd holders, while unlike the HND counterpart, mere b.sc degree holders are thier lectures, some are even hnd holders,
b.sc is really in depth into the theoretical aspect and well into practical, thats why we have the industrial training, siwes, practical for science,
this enable the b.sc graduate to know why things are done, and not just doing them, since he has a better understanding of the principles and strong foundation to build upon any practical work, this gives him and edge and make him better in acquiring further higher degree to improve his qualification
unlike the Hnd holder, he dwells basically more on practical, and does not knwo why things are done, example, enginering, an hnd graduate know the how to do the engineering work better maybe, in the practical side, but the b.sc graduate know the principles that governs engineer, which is what you need to know, before you talk about practical, even though the practical is very essential you cannot underestimate the fact that this principles and fundamental which the b.sc graduate is more deep into, make him better in carrying out more research, that can greatly improve the engineering field,  solve the world problems and bring in new innovation,

with these little tips, i believe that the hnd graduate should really be expecting the same pay, in the organization, as the b.sc conterpart cos they honestly didnt go through the same learning process,

please share your views, what do you think, dont criticise lets hear your own view, i might be wrong, it will be nice to know what you all think,
by the way i happen to be a b.sc biochem graduate from oou, dont say i am bias, lets hear what you think
candid opinion only

An university graduate? I'm seriously ashamed of u & ur grammar, I weep for ur guardian or who ever fend for u @ the university. Ur grammar is not better than that of a meat & pepper hawker.
Re: Response by emolient: 4:00pm On Sep 17, 2009
I don't have much to say rather than you having a long note here.But,both qualification are still same to me.The most important thing is to have a sound mind in your field otherwise,no work no pay for any dummy even though you have the highest grade or CPA in your field.I care about outcome and not qualification.Well,school is a good institution but having a sound mind is the best.

I like your comment dude!!!!!!!!!!Keep it up.

Emolient 4 real.

(1) (Reply)

What was you OOU post ume score? / File Management And File Organisation / Urgent Help Pls We Need A Reaply Through Sms, Or Call Dis 08026474236

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.