Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,466 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Item Response Theory : What's It About?(JAMB) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Item Response Theory : What's It About?(JAMB) (1122 Views)

5 Important Things You Need To Know About JAMB 2018 / Facts About JAMB 2017 Results Upgrade & Why You Should Run From Fraudsters / JAMB Adopts Item Response Theory To Reduce Possibility Of Guessing Answers Right (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Item Response Theory : What's It About?(JAMB) by Nobody: 9:39pm On Feb 29, 2016
A wonderful evening to yall... I'm a jambite per say and an Aspirant of Uniben!
Haven't sat for my exam yet.. But going through different pages on myschool.com.ng related to this year's jamb has been truly frightening.
.. I mean.. So many people posting scores they feel they did better than.. All within the range of 150 - 190..just few has crossed the 200mark...

I've been doing a lot of thinking.. Although there have been some unfavourable changes in this year's exam.. From the given time reduced drastically from 3hrs 30mins to 2hrs 45mins.. To absence of physical calculators and malfunction of computer system but I don't think it's enough reason for the kind of scores I'm seeing..

And I've come to the conclusion that it has to be this new software jamb introduced this year... The Item Response Theory..

I decided to do some research on this software... And I've seen some really crazy things online... I just can't take it all in...

How does this software work? What should we keep in mind when picking an option? .. What's the basis for scoring students?..
Pls if there's anyone who can help break the concept of this IRT..

You'lld be doing I and other jambites yet to write.. A very big favour... My exam is coming up soon and I'm starting to get scared!..

Lalasticlala I could really use your help... Thanks,!

1 Like

Re: Item Response Theory : What's It About?(JAMB) by Nobody: 9:45pm On Feb 29, 2016
Cc:

olawalebabs
Richiez
Fynestboi
Re: Item Response Theory : What's It About?(JAMB) by psucc(m): 10:16pm On Feb 29, 2016
My dear don't be intimated. The IRT is just a theory to confuse our government who is hellbent to probe everything especially where a huge some of money is mentioned.

Imagine if you multiply N6,000 by 1,500,000. This money is enough to turn Buhari's face against the 'Ojerinde's'.
Re: Item Response Theory : What's It About?(JAMB) by Nobody: 7:04am On Mar 01, 2016
psucc:
My dear don't be intimated. The IRT is just a theory to confuse our government who is hellbent to probe everything especially where a huge some of money is mentioned.

Imagine if you multiply N6,000 by 1,500,000. This money is enough to turn Buhari's face against the 'Ojerinde's'.
this is not the point
Re: Item Response Theory : What's It About?(JAMB) by fabfunmi(f): 7:58am On Mar 01, 2016
cant biliv i got 184...with all my efforts....hmmmmmmm
Re: Item Response Theory : What's It About?(JAMB) by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 01, 2016
Just read and pray, F*** IRT but i know many people that got above 200,somebody even had 307.
Re: Item Response Theory : What's It About?(JAMB) by psucc(m): 8:17pm On Mar 04, 2016
NuelCrown:
this is not the point
And this is why you must be tested on comprehension.

I meant the guy shouldn't be intimidated. JAMB is using that to retire the money it has garnered from sales of forms.

(1) (Reply)

A Must Read: 10 Good Qualities Of A Student Leader / A Message From Uniport SUG (what actually happened) / ANSU [COOU] 2016/2017 1st Batch Merit Admission List IS Finally Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.