Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Fayose To EFCC: Publish Dasuki’s Statement And My Accounts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose To EFCC: Publish Dasuki’s Statement And My Accounts (997 Views)

The $15m In My Accounts Is For Medical Bills - Patience Jonathan / Publish Dasuki’s Statement, My Accounts; Fayose Dares EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose To EFCC: Publish Dasuki’s Statement And My Accounts by OKDnigeria: 4:58pm On Jul 24, 2016
By Rotimi Ojomoyela
Ado-Ekiti- Ekiti State Governor, Mr Ayodele
Fayose, has faulted the refusal of the
Economic and Financial Crimes Commission
(EFCC) to make public the statement it has
extracted from the former National Security
Adviser (NSA), Col. Sambo Dasuki, in its
ongoing probe of money meant for the
purchase of arms and the funding of the last
general elections in the country.

Fayose, who also asked the anti-agency to
publish his personal accounts it has frozen to
let the whole world know what are contained
therein, said by publishing Dasuki's
statement, it would at least show whether the
ex-NSA gave money to former Minister of
State for Defence, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro
or anybody to give him (Fayose).

The governor threw the challenge at the
weekend while featuring on an interview
programme on a radio station, Fresh FM.

In a statement on Sunday by his Chief Press
Secretary, Mr Idowu Adelusi, the governor
opined that "what I am facing in Ekiti is a war
of the elite and incidentally, it is the masses
that vote people into office. We know some
failed Ekiti politicians who now resume daily
in EFCC office to concoct stories and give
same to their commissioned newspapers to
publish. It is only one or two newspapers that
always have their so-called exclusive stories
and they follow the same pattern.

"The EFCC is only engaged in mind game.
They think they can wear me out, that is not
possible as God is on my side because I
stand for the truth. EFCC has not told
Nigerians how money was wired to me. They
must be responsible to do investigation that
would not be a media issue. What the EFCC
and their APC collaborators are trying to do is
to set the people of the state against me and
they have failed.

"In my two accounts that they have frozen, I
have N300 million in the fixed deposit one and
N82 million in the other. Both accounts and
my properties were duly declared in my Asset
Declaration Form. They are treading the same
2006 path and they will fail woefully by the
grace of God. What they did in 2006, the
Supreme Court declared it illegal and I came
back to office exactly eight years after. It
means one of us lied and was mischievous,"
he said.

Fayose also challenged the APC and its
leaders to also tell the people how their own
elections were funded, noting that a defector
from the PDP to the APC should not suddenly
become an angel or a saint.

"We cannot all be in the APC, if we are then,
we are no longer practising democracy. There
must be opposition and that is to keep those
in government on their toes, but if you now
make silencing the opposition as your main
programme, then, you are short changing the
people.

The people are hungry, they are ravaged by
poverty and what you think is the best step to
take is to kill the voice of the opposition. If
the situation was this bad, the PDP would
have been removed from office long time
ago," he added.

On the June 21, 2014 governorship election
that brought him to office, Fayose said Dr
Kayode Fayemi and APC leaders conceded
defeat and that both local and international
observers described the poll as free and fair.

"After the APC leaders failed to stop my
inauguration, get me impeached, they know
that they will still lose again in 2018. What
they are trying to do is to create a wedge
between me and the people of the state who
love me. As far as I am concerned, their
project is dead on arrival. The voice of the
people is the voice of God," he stated.

On the claim by the APC-led Federal
Government that massive fraud during the
Goodluck Jonathan administration was
responsible for its poor performance, Fayose
said it was only a lazy worker that would
complain about his tools.

"President Barack Obama, despite what he
inherited from the Republican administration,
still made the difference. The problem we have
is not about the vehicle, but the driver. Let
them give account of what they have realised
as revenue, as recovered funds and the
billions of dollars found in people's houses all
over the world. We want to knwo what has
become of the funds," he stated.

The governor urged Nigerians to always
carefully dissect every information churned
out by the party in power, saying the APC was
leading the country as if it was still seeking
the votes of the people.

This, the governor noted, "is why the
government is more involved in propaganda
than really informing the people about what is
actually happening."

www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/publish-dasukis-statement-accounts-fayose-dares-efcc/
Re: Fayose To EFCC: Publish Dasuki’s Statement And My Accounts by omofunaab(m): 5:02pm On Jul 24, 2016
Fayose is a funny one, where on earth do they publish someone's statement especially when the case is already in court ....if they publish it, the same Fayose will accuse EFCC of media trial

1 Like

Re: Fayose To EFCC: Publish Dasuki’s Statement And My Accounts by Mightyodi: 5:45pm On Jul 24, 2016
@omofunaab

plz nobody is accusing EFCC of media trial, they are in the act already. since that is their best tactic, I would love them to dare what Peter Fayose said. whatsoever Dauski has said, let hear them and fayose acct, if he declared same in asset form.
Efcc will finish investigation, they will run to .media, see we have seize houses properties of ekiti governor bla bla
maybe they think masses will have empathy with them and applaud them, hell no. me I'hint impressed.
i watch FBI and other security intelligences, they don't come to media and blab, they do thorough work, rhey don't need ppl to applaud them coz their damn job they signed for, they follow a lead and get evidence then prosecute according to constitution and criminal laws. As a matter of discipline, I dont want to hear any comment grom Efcc other than when they are in court.
mr omofunaab stop assuming what fayose or anyone will say, Efcc is guity of media trial, sayin one will accuse them to publish anything is delusional
Re: Fayose To EFCC: Publish Dasuki’s Statement And My Accounts by eshietIntrepid(m): 5:46pm On Jul 24, 2016
omofunaab:
Fayose is a funny one, where on earth do they publish someone's statement especially when the case is already in court ....if they publish it, the same Fayose will accuse EFCC of media trial
I'm with fayose oon this

Dasuki was in charge of public office,
He mismanage public funds
Now that he's on trial his statement should be make public.
Re: Fayose To EFCC: Publish Dasuki’s Statement And My Accounts by DaBullIT(m): 8:00pm On Jul 24, 2016
If you want Dasuki's statement, go to court in Abuja , it's as simple as that

Also , You people are stuuupid enough to believe or even imagine that Dasuki will fill a teller at the bank and make deposit ??

Mumu Pipu , these people drive and deliver money in Bullion vans

Even Koro and Fayose's pilot came to tell us how much cash he flew , only when they started making deposit with teller is when there's evidence that Fayose paid into his company and wife's account

And guess what ?? According to the documents released by SR , Fayose did not make that deposit to his account by himself

so why would anyone assume Dasuki's money will reflect Dasuki's name ?

1 Like

Re: Fayose To EFCC: Publish Dasuki’s Statement And My Accounts by chriskosherbal(m): 8:00pm On Jul 24, 2016
Ok
Re: Fayose To EFCC: Publish Dasuki’s Statement And My Accounts by omofunaab(m): 8:59pm On Jul 24, 2016
Mightyodi:
@omofunaab

plz nobody is accusing EFCC of media trial, they are in the act already. since that is their best tactic, I would love them to dare what Peter Fayose said. whatsoever Dauski has said, let hear them and fayose acct, if he declared same in asset form.
Efcc will finish investigation, they will run to .media, see we have seize houses properties of ekiti governor bla bla
maybe they think masses will have empathy with them and applaud them, hell no. me I'hint impressed.
i watch FBI and other security intelligences, they don't come to media and blab, they do thorough work, rhey don't need ppl to applaud them coz their damn job they signed for, they follow a lead and get evidence then prosecute according to constitution and criminal laws. As a matter of discipline, I dont want to hear any comment grom Efcc other than when they are in court.
mr omofunaab stop assuming what fayose or anyone will say, Efcc is guity of media trial, sayin one will accuse them to publish anything is delusional

Lol, see there is nothing called media trial or whatsoever, politicians invented it.

When a law enforcement agency like EFCC arrest anybody and lock them up then you have to release a public Statement and give reasons why you made the arrest, you have to specify the crime you are investigating and if it involves money then you must quote the "alleged" amount. EFCC can't just arrest anybody and put them in the cell. They just have to make a statement..and it's the job of the media to report it .that's what the FBI you quoted does too... .that's why you see police parade suspects to the media .you can't just lock someone up in the cell.. .Now you said they should have completed their investigation before going to the press, no my brother, you can't complete an investigation without interrogating the suspect, so they had to arrest dasuki.. .that's why if police should arrest an armed robber they will tell you what they recovered from them but they will tell you investigation is till ongoing that the alleged will be charged to court after the conclusion of investigation. EFCC can't publish dasuki's statement because it has already being admitted by the court as an evidence. ..
The point is EFCC must always release statement on the progress of their investigation, they are carrying us the public along and you people are busy shouting media trial and propaganda
The media has a responsibility to report these things and also court proceedings.. .you can wish to call it media trial of whatever you like but that's how it's meant to be done

1 Like

Re: Fayose To EFCC: Publish Dasuki’s Statement And My Accounts by Mightyodi: 10:40pm On Jul 24, 2016
When a law enforcement agency like EFCC arrest
anybody and lock them up then you have to
release a public Statement and give reasons why
you made the arrest, you have to specify the
crime you are investigating and if it involves
money then you must quote the "alleged"
amount. EFCC can't just arrest anybody and put
them in the cell. They just have to make a
statement..and it's the job of the media to
report it

point 1 clarification
fine agreed, on suspicious money movement. yes give details on allege crime, but you must have completed your investigations, to get evidence before arrest. you dont arrest on hearsay or stuff like that, keep the person in your custody and be doing investigation. I have not seen it done elsewhere apart from Nigeria.it means at verge of blowing trumpet on an issue, u have evidence to tender to court

Now you said they
should have completed their investigation before
going to the press, no my brother, you can't
complete an investigation without interrogating
the suspect, so they had to arrest dasuki..
.that's why if police should arrest an armed
robber they will tell you what they recovered
from them but they will tell you investigation is
till ongoing that the alleged will be charged to
court after the conclusion of investigation

point 2 clarification

you can summon people without making it a media or press annoucement. is it a media event or press event, what's your aim of taking an interogative statement to the press, is that the court,noted interogation is a method used to get facts and evidence to be tender in court and not media. so why hit the polity,obviously you are doing it for other reasons.

point 3 clarification
lastly media trial is not giving by any politicians, maybe you've new to the word. it is called trial media, ppl use it as a mind game. look up on Google u should have some write up on it. lest I forget, you said EFCC should report their progress of investigation/interrogation to the press, is the press the court, is it the proper place to convict suspect, the purpose of investigation and interrogation is to gather fact and evidence to be presented before court and not press or media. All this allegations of financial misappropriation should be handle in Efcc financial intelligence unit carefully and blown to the world in court. not all this mr A flown cash in air plane, bought houses in lagos. all these are rubbish as far as matured investigation is concern
my brother if u have a good case, it is more reasons to speed court process. They should do their job and stop posting information and thinking ppl should be clapping for them. #stoptryingtoimpressthemasses.
kpakam
Re: Fayose To EFCC: Publish Dasuki’s Statement And My Accounts by omofunaab(m): 11:35pm On Jul 24, 2016
Mightyodi:
When a law enforcement agency like EFCC arrest
anybody and lock them up then you have to
release a public Statement and give reasons why
you made the arrest, you have to specify the
crime you are investigating and if it involves
money then you must quote the "alleged"
amount. EFCC can't just arrest anybody and put
them in the cell. They just have to make a
statement..and it's the job of the media to
report it

point 1 clarification
fine agreed, on suspicious money movement. yes give details on allege crime, but you must have completed your investigations, to get evidence before arrest. you dont arrest on hearsay or stuff like that, keep the person in your custody and be doing investigation. I have not seen it done elsewhere apart from Nigeria.it means at verge of blowing trumpet on an issue, u have evidence to tender to court

Now you said they
should have completed their investigation before
going to the press, no my brother, you can't
complete an investigation without interrogating
the suspect, so they had to arrest dasuki..
.that's why if police should arrest an armed
robber they will tell you what they recovered
from them but they will tell you investigation is
till ongoing that the alleged will be charged to
court after the conclusion of investigation

point 2 clarification

you can summon people without making it a media or press annoucement. is it a media event or press event, what's your aim of taking an interogative statement to the press, is that the court,noted interogation is a method used to get facts and evidence to be tender in court and not media. so why hit the polity,obviously you are doing it for other reasons.

point 3 clarification
lastly media trial is not giving by any politicians, maybe you've new to the word. it is called trial media, ppl use it as a mind game. look up on Google u should have some write up on it. lest I forget, you said EFCC should report their progress of investigation/interrogation to the press, is the press the court, is it the proper place to convict suspect, the purpose of investigation and interrogation is to gather fact and evidence to be presented before court and not press or media. All this allegations of financial misappropriation should be handle in Efcc financial intelligence unit carefully and blown to the world in court. not all this mr A flown cash in air plane, bought houses in lagos. all these are rubbish as far as matured investigation is concern
my brother if u have a good case, it is more reasons to speed court process. They should do their job and stop posting information and thinking ppl should be clapping for them. #stoptryingtoimpressthemasses.
kpakam

Seriously , let me remind you something, prior to the 2015 elections, DSS went to arrest some people they felt were cloning PVCS, they had to release a statement immediately because of fear people will react and tag them tools in the hand of the then government, i have just explained how it's been done everywhere in the world...EFCC can't just invite anybody without informing the public why they had done that... Okay wait why do you think police parade suspects to the media when investigation is still ongoing and they have not been charged to court? Or can we also call that media trial?
Efcc has the right to allege that dasuki missapropiated certain amount of money and tell us how it was done , it's left for the court to determine who is guilty or not.

Don't confuse yourself, these are procedures ,
Let me also ask again, if you think whatever you call media trial is wrong then why hasn't anybody gone to court to stop it... My brother think about it.. .don't let politicians confuse you. Most of the expose about how money was transferred was made known during court proceedings .

Like I said earlier investigation is not complete without a statement hence the need to arrest dasuki, mind you EFCC might have done their homework but before they cant charge dasuki to court, they must tender his statement as evidence. ...that's how it's been done my brother, I know what am saying, that's why am taking my time to explain to you,

If EFCC should just start arresting people and start putting them in the cell.. .and they refuse to address the media because people like you feel everything is propaganda and media trial.. .isn't that a form of dictatorship? But now they are giving us reasons why they made such arrest, you people are still shouting media trial.. .

Think about all these things bro
Re: Fayose To EFCC: Publish Dasuki’s Statement And My Accounts by Mightyodi: 10:19pm On Jul 25, 2016
[quote author=omofunaab post=47858937]

Seriously , let me remind you something, prior to the 2015 elections, DSS went to arrest some people they felt were cloning PVCS, they had to release a statement immediately because of fear people will react and tag them tools in the hand of the then government, i have just explained how it's been done everywhere in the world...EFCC can't just invite anybody without informing the public why they had done that... Okay wait why do you think police parade suspects to the media when investigation is still ongoing and they have not been charged to court? Or can we also call that media trial?
Efcc has the right to allege that dasuki missapropiated certain amount of money and tell us how it was done , it's left for the court to determine who is guilty or not.

Let me also ask again, if you think whatever you call media trial is wrong then why hasn't anybody gone to court to stop it... My brother think about it.. .don't let politicians confuse you. Most of the expose about how money was transferred was made known during court proceedings .

Like I said earlier investigation is not complete without a statement hence the need to arrest dasuki, mind you EFCC might have done their homework but before they cant charge dasuki to court, they must tender his statement as evidence. ...that's how it's been done my brother, I know what am saying, that's why am taking my time to explain to you,

If EFCC should just start arresting people and start putting them in the cell.. .and they refuse to address the media because people like you feel everything is propaganda and media trial.. .isn't that a form of dictatorship? But now they are giving us reasons why they made such arrest, you people are still shouting media trial.. .

/quote]

bro I want to give u an assignment because we learn everyday. No law enforcement agency have the right to paraded suspect as criminal before going to court. look for a good lawyer and asked. even a truthful police officer will tell you same.its only in Nigeria where civil right are abuse illegally u entertain such. remember the caption word 'suspect' , constitutional every alleged suspect have right to fair hearing in court to defend his/her self. if you are not conversant with the law, know it this day, it can't be tolerated in UK, USA Germany,France even South Africa. such amount to gross misuse of power and breach of law which undermines democracy. whether DSS did it in last administration it was wrong. and them doing it now is wrong. there's nothing like politician here, because right now ppl dont want to look at things objectively, there are carried by bandwagon effect thinking politicians can decieve the gullible. we know the truth. it is written in ink in letters. they should practice the right thing and stop impressing politicians.

omofunaab kpakam
Re: Fayose To EFCC: Publish Dasuki’s Statement And My Accounts by Mightyodi: 10:21pm On Jul 25, 2016
[quote author=omofunaab post=47858937]

/quote]

bro I want to give u an assignment because we learn everyday. No law enforcement agency have the right to paraded suspect as criminal before going to court. look for a good lawyer and asked. even a truthful police officer will tell you same.its only in Nigeria where civil right are abuse illegally u entertain such. remember the caption word 'suspect' , constitutional every alleged suspect have right to fair hearing in court to defend his/her self. if you are not conversant with the law, know it this day, it can't be tolerated in UK, USA Germany,France even South Africa. such amount to gross misuse of power and breach of law which undermines democracy. whether DSS did it in last administration it was wrong. and them doing it now is wrong. there's nothing like politician here, because right now ppl dont want to look at things objectively, there are carried by bandwagon effect thinking politicians can decieve the gullible. we know the truth. it is written in ink in letters. they should practice the right thing and stop impressing politicians with media trial.

omofunaab kpakam
Re: Fayose To EFCC: Publish Dasuki’s Statement And My Accounts by aresa: 10:36pm On Jul 25, 2016
omofunaab:

The man is a sociopath, a paranoid schizophrenic and megalomaniac..
Re: Fayose To EFCC: Publish Dasuki’s Statement And My Accounts by omofunaab(m): 8:20am On Jul 26, 2016
[quote author=Mightyodi post=47887232][/quote]

It's obvious you don't the law for you to say police can't parade a "suspect" before charging them to court.. Even in America they parade suspects before charging them to court , why do you think American police do release photos of suspects.. .my brother think think think and don't confuse yourself

(1) (Reply)

I Would 've Divorce Fmr Gov. Suswam, If Not For Fear Of Unknown-yemisi Suswam / Beautiful Photo Of Kano State, Nigeria / Buhari To Travel Again, Amidst Deteriorating Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.