Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,220 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

How Do I Take My Website Offline For Maintainance - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Do I Take My Website Offline For Maintainance (981 Views)

Want To Learn To Design And Host A Website Offline? / Nairaland Website Offline [with Screenshot Of Error] / My Website Date Is Not Correct Why??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Take My Website Offline For Maintainance by teampregar(m): 10:10pm On Jul 24, 2016
Can i take a website offline through Cpanel in my website or there is another way, i need an experience that will tell users who visit the site at that moment that "This website is under maintainance try again later" while i am updating codes on the site.. pls how do i add this feature??
Re: How Do I Take My Website Offline For Maintainance by LoremIpsum: 12:20am On Jul 25, 2016
You can simply backup ur original index page then create another index page containing only that message you wish to be displayed to visitors. Replace the original index page with the new one.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Take My Website Offline For Maintainance by ukorsimplicity(m): 12:29am On Jul 25, 2016
LoremIpsum:
You can simply backup ur original index page then create another index page containing only that message you wish to be displayed to visitors. Replace the original index page with the new one.

Above is the best way to take it down.

Here is my take. Why take it down when you can grap all your files from cPanel, display a message in your index that "your site is under maintenance and user may experience some lags", while they continue interacting with your site. After editing you upload your new files to the server again.

SIDE NOTE:
taking it down completely may make you lose visitors and personally, it is not really a good idea.

(1) (Reply)

How Else Can I Contact Godaddy Apart From Thir Live Chart? / Web Admin Needed / What Do You Think About The Niche Of Padypady.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.