Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Reason Why IBB Kicked Buhari Out Of Office. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reason Why IBB Kicked Buhari Out Of Office. (757 Views)

IBB’s Statement: PDP Reacts To Advice To Vote President Buhari Out / Buruji Kasamu To Fayose: Leave Aisha Buhari Out Of Your Woes; Face The Issues / Fuel Crisis: We’ll Vote Buhari Out In 2019 – Enugu Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reason Why IBB Kicked Buhari Out Of Office. by annnikky(f): 8:21am On Jul 25, 2016
– President Muhammadu Buhari has revealed why he
was kicked out of office as a military leader on August
27, 1985

– Also, the president said he would ensure that such
budget padding would never happen again

Nigeria’s president Muhammadu Buhari has revealed
why he was kicked out of office as a military leader on
August 27, 1985.

Buhari, who was the military head of state for 18
months was kicked out by then Chief of Army Staff,
Maj. Gen. Ibrahim Babangida.

Speaking in an interview with The Interview Magazine,
Buhari said IBB overthrew him because he was fighting
corruption.

“ I learnt that Gen. Ali Gusau, who was in charge of
intelligence, took an import licence from the Ministry of
Commerce, which was supplies, and gave it to Alhaji Mai Deribe. It was worth N100, 000, a lot of money then.

“When I discovered this, I confronted them and took the
case to the army council. Gen. Malu was the Chief of
Defence Staff; Gen. Babangida was the Chief of Army Staff; Tunde Idiagbon was the Chief of Staff, Defence
Headquarters and I was the Head of State.

“I said if I didn’t punish Gusau, it would create a problem
for us. It is North versus South; majority versus minority; Muslim versus Christian. That was what it showed.

“So, I said Gen. Ali Gusau had to go. He was the Chief of
Intelligence. That was why Babangida got some officers to remove me. Let him repeat his own story. Ali Gusau is still alive.”

Speaking on the 2016 budget fiasco, the President said
he would ensure that such budget padding would never
happen again.

He also slammed critics who accused him of not having
an economic team.

Buhari said; “What do they mean by team? The Vice-
President heads our Economic Management Team. You
have a finance minister, a budget and planning minister; a minister of trade and industry and investment; a governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, a national economic adviser and others and yet some people still ask for a team.

“We will listen to everybody but we are averse to economic teams whose private sector members frequently steer government policy to suit their own narrow interests rather than the overall national interest.”

https://www.naij.com/exposed-real-reason-ibb-kicked-office-buhari/

Re: Reason Why IBB Kicked Buhari Out Of Office. by chachanga: 8:25am On Jul 25, 2016
We know before say IBB DIRTY PASS USED SANITARY TOWEL!

But the unforgivable aspect is their sabotaging the natural growth processes and natural evolution towards balanced Self-Determination ethics of the Nigerian Sovereign Nation State, her people and unborn generations!

Look at the mess they've engendered for us now? The so-called Juntas, Mafias & all their Maradona Evil Genius jingoism? Can the Cabal of "Army Generals" (IBB, T.Y DANJUMA, OBJ, PMB etc) be ecstatic about the present day Nigeria?

With their non-corrective coups and being manipulated by politicians and petty objectives, they were no better than thieves because even mercenaries were better than them.

IBB shuld jst hurry up and die already instead of continuously stinking up the place!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reason Why IBB Kicked Buhari Out Of Office. by Skipuru(m): 8:30am On Jul 25, 2016
I'm not here to comment but to tell cc mynd44 to stop banning people. How can Nigeria be good, just ordinary moderator and he's acting like this, bro you banned me that didn't stopped bank alert from my phone.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why IBB Kicked Buhari Out Of Office. by Baawaa(m): 8:38am On Jul 25, 2016
Whatever we do today will become history tomorrow,
Re: Reason Why IBB Kicked Buhari Out Of Office. by annnikky(f): 11:02am On Jul 25, 2016
Skipuru:
I'm not here to comment but to tell cc mynd44 to stop banning people. How can Nigeria be good, just ordinary moderator and he's acting like this, bro you banned me that didn't stopped bank alert from my phone.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Reason Why IBB Kicked Buhari Out Of Office. by annnikky(f): 11:03am On Jul 25, 2016
Baawaa:
Whatever we do today will become history tomorrow,
Cos 2mao is pregnant undecided

(1) (Reply)

INEC Messing Up Democracy, Says Fayose / MURIC To New Boko Haram Leader: Leave Christians Alone / Army Declares Ahmed Salkida, Ahmed Bolori & Aisha Wakil WANTED

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.