Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,784 members, 7,820,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

No Start Menu On My Desktop. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / No Start Menu On My Desktop. (1172 Views)

Someone Help Me...how Can I Get Start Menu On Windows 8 / I Couldn't Find "run" On My Start Menu, Why Is This? / Can't Find Run On My Start Menu Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Start Menu On My Desktop. by kennyuche(m): 12:51pm On Dec 06, 2006
Hi folks, i just installed win 2000 in my pc but the start menu did not come up, i reinstalled it again but still didnt show. Pls i need help. What could be the cause and can i fix it? Thanks.
Re: No Start Menu On My Desktop. by LanreDaMan(m): 8:27pm On Dec 06, 2006
Your Cd probably was prompting you about some missing or coruupt files and you told the system to ignore these files

Suggestion

Get a Fresh CD and start a fresh installation
Re: No Start Menu On My Desktop. by mamaput(f): 10:27pm On Dec 06, 2006
or maybe the writing is too big that its not showing and you have to set it on 32bpp
Re: No Start Menu On My Desktop. by kennyuche(m): 9:11am On Dec 07, 2006
@mamaput, pls can u tell me how i can set it cos d icons are large as you said. Thank u.
Re: No Start Menu On My Desktop. by mamaput(f): 9:21am On Dec 07, 2006
When you start the computer keep your finger pressed on f5 you will get to the saved modus.
If you are lucky you will see the start modus and can set it from there.
Or scroll along the erg of your PC till you see a file with 2 heads. maybe you can draw it up. and set it from the despot
You have to set it to 32 bits
Re: No Start Menu On My Desktop. by mamaput(f): 9:26am On Dec 07, 2006
Its a pity i cannot guide you in English but if you get it over the saved modus go to help and support. Its gives you different problems and how to solve them
Re: No Start Menu On My Desktop. by kennyuche(m): 2:36pm On Dec 07, 2006
Thanks alot.
Re: No Start Menu On My Desktop. by mamaput(f): 8:44pm On Dec 07, 2006
Did it work out for you?
Re: No Start Menu On My Desktop. by kennyuche(m): 12:40pm On Dec 08, 2006
Yes but i only adjusted d monitor and found it. I hav a problem wt a pc, i was installing win 2000, it got to d point that says "setup is starting win 2000" but for a whole av been waiting and it didnt come up. Pls what could be d prob., hw do i fix it? Thanks so much.
Re: No Start Menu On My Desktop. by Bossman(m): 6:45pm On Dec 08, 2006
windows 2000? See if installing XP will make a difference.
Re: No Start Menu On My Desktop. by mamaput(f): 11:02pm On Dec 08, 2006
Maybe the pc dose not have enough space.
Or is it a copy.?
Is something already installed on the pc?
Re: No Start Menu On My Desktop. by kennyuche(m): 12:10pm On Dec 09, 2006
I hav partitiond and formated the disk serveraly stil there is no change. And when i tried wit another cd rom drive, it says invalid disk system. I removed the hard disk put it on another system and loaded the os succesfuly, on fixing back to its own system windows couldnt start again. Could it be the cd rom drive? Pls any one wit experience in installation shld pls give ur fella a helping hand. Thanx.

(1) (Reply)

! / Networking Two Laptops To : / Abeg I Wan Use Mtn Sim For Zain Modem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.