Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

Professor Or Pro’fail’ssor? Nigerian University Ironies. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Professor Or Pro’fail’ssor? Nigerian University Ironies. (324 Views)

Nigerian University With The Highest Number Of Professors? / Nigerian University With the Highest Number Of Rich Kids? / Nigerian University With The Best Hostel Facilities? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Professor Or Pro’fail’ssor? Nigerian University Ironies. by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 25, 2016
To be a student in a Nigerian Federal University is a thing of joy to me, but on the other side, I sometimes imagine if am schooling in a foreign land. I thought for a student to decide to get an educational qualification,is a blessing for the country which he/she is, because education makes us governable and untwistable.
But there are a lot of ironies in Nigerian Universities. Let me quickly tell an experience of mine in the short time I have spent in the University.
Sometimes ago, I checked one of my results on the school portal page just a day after its release. Opening the page, the mark I saw was magnanimous but I did not print or save the page. Just 4 days after, another result was released which I wanted to check on the same page, but after opening the page I found out the result I checked just somedays ago was no longer there. “are this people joking?” I said curiously. When I seeked advice from some students and lecturers of high class, they advised me to be patient.
After a week, my patience expired and I could no longer wait, so I stormed the department to log a complaint. I was referred to several offices like an autism patient. After several hours of walking around the department, I got to my destination but pitifully a notice was placed on the door which reads “Come only on Mondays and Thursdays from -am to -pm” after reading I looked frustrated. I had no option than to come to the office for almost two weeks without seeing the professor. On a glorious day, I saw him, but he was throwing questions which does not even correlate with my complaint at me. Afterall, he said “your complaint is…. Unthinkable”. He asked me to write several letters, and every time I visited him, he treated me like an ani…ma.. A man I expected to be a father to us students.
Are these professors happy for our failure than our success? They tought us, if we fail or pass its their work.
I sometimes imagine when a Prof. comes to the class and says “You cannot pass this course, A is for God, B is for me, I can give it to anyone I like, and C is for the brilliant ones among you. You will fail my course”
Wonderful, I always say are they trained to teach students to fail or pass? Why so they always clamour on failure than success. Some will even say “I am the only one with first class in this faculty since it’s inception and no of you will achieve such feat.” Kilode? Na them get this world?
Some teaches like our secondary school teachers and claims they study in Philadelphia. Some of them make life unbearable for the females and even chatter the hope of we guys around them to marry them.
Are they really professoinals in making student succeed-Professor? Or professional in failing-Pro’fail’ssor?
Please contribute in the comment box below

https://scholarzine./2016/07/25/professor-or-profailssor-nigerian-university-ironies/

Lalasticlala Fynestboi

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Sacks Heads Of Education Agencies / Study Aboard With Easy / Need Ideas Of Traps For Pest For A Project At Skool Abeg Make Una Epp Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.