Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Latest Transfer Updates With Prince - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Latest Transfer Updates With Prince (1701 Views)

All The Latest Transfer News And Talks / LATEST TRANSFER UPDATES / Latest Official Soccer News, Statistics/transfer Updates From Around The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Latest Transfer Updates With Prince by Icedprince1d(m): 9:03pm On Jul 25, 2016
Stoke complete signing of Liverpool midfielder Allen

PREMIER LEAGUE
Stoke City have completed the signing of Liverpool midfielder Joe Allen for a fee which could rise to £13m.

The 26-year-old Wales international has penned a five-year deal at the bet365 Stadium.

"It's been a whirlwind 48 hours for me but I am delighted to have finally been able to put pen to paper," Allen said.

"I was really excited as soon as I heard of the Club’s interest and it wasn't a difficult decision for me to make."
Re: Latest Transfer Updates With Prince by Icedprince1d(m): 9:25pm On Jul 25, 2016
- 10:51 | SOURCE: PA SPORTS
David Moyes
Former ManUtd boss Moyes appointed as Sunderland manager

PREMIER LEAGUE
Sunderland have appointed former Manchester United manager David Moyes to replace new England boss Sam Allardyce.

Allardyce was confirmed as Roy Hodgson's successor with the national team on Friday, leaving a Premier League vacancy at the Stadium of Light.

A statement published on Sunderland's official website on Saturday morning revealed Moyes, 53, has arrived on Wearside on a four-year contract as chairman Ellis Short's "first choice" to take control of the Black Cats.

"I am delighted to have joined Sunderland," Moyes said on www.safc.com. "I am relishing the challenge and excited by the opportunity.

"I have taken over a big British club, with a great support and I'm looking forward to working in the Premier League again.

"I look forward to continuing the good work done by Sam."

Moyes had been on Sunderland's radar when they looked for a replacement for Dick Advocaat last October and, while his stock may have fallen since ill-fated spells at United and then Real Sociedad, his 11 years at Everton made him an attractive proposition and Black Cats chairman Short was thrilled to have secured his long-standing top target.

"We are absolutely delighted to welcome David Moyes to Sunderland, who was by far and away our first choice," the American businessman said.

"He is a man whose football pedigree speaks for itself and is someone I have long admired.

"I have spoken with him on many occasions and I have always been hugely impressed. He was my number one managerial target for the last five appointments, but his desire to honour existing contracts meant we were not able to bring him to Sunderland previously.

"To be able to finally welcome him as our manager is fantastic news for the club.

"The fact that David has committed to a four-year deal is a clear demonstration of his belief in what he can achieve here.

"It is our aim to become a better, stronger and more stable football club and with a manager of David's calibre and experience at the helm, we have a fantastic opportunity to begin looking upwards, rather than downwards every season."

Moyes has managed more than 800 senior games in club football and boasts a wealth of top-level experience.

The Scot began his managerial career with Preston in 1998, before moving to Goodison Park in 2002 and overseeing a largely positive tenure which ended when he succeeded Sir Alex Ferguson in the United hotseat ahead of the 2013-14 season.

He signed a six-year contract at Old Trafford but was sacked after just 10 months, with the Red Devils seventh in the Premier League.

A fresh challenge in Spain followed, in November 2014, but he lasted only a year in the role.
Re: Latest Transfer Updates With Prince by Icedprince1d(m): 9:32pm On Jul 25, 2016
Allardyce not ready to decide on Rooney continuing as captain

THREE LIONS
New England manager Sam Allardyce has yet to decide if he will retain Wayne Rooney as captain.

The 61-year-old, fresh from keeping Sunderland in the Premier League against the odds, was the unanimous choice from the Football Association panel to replace Roy Hodgson, who stepped down after the humiliation of defeat to Iceland at Euro 2016.

Allardyce, who has added his former Bolton assistant Sammy Lee to his coaching staff, was unveiled at St George's Park on Monday and said it was "far too early" to reveal who he would like to captain the Three Lions heading into the World Cup qualifying campaign.

After describing his management style as "pragmatic", he told Sky Sports News HQ: "I'm going to leave that until I meet all the players and get all the staff together."

He said of his management style: "I think that choosing styles or systems depends on the players available and then who we're playing.

"My coaching technique is to try and give the players the opportunity to win a football match wherever they are playing, be it home or away. And to make them aware of the opposition, which may change the style of how we play."

Allardyce also said it was important he and the players enjoy representing their country, describing the England job as the "pinnacle" of his career.

"I think the bonding of the team is exceptionally important and trying to create a good team spirit. And have some fun, the game of football is to be enjoyed and I've enjoyed my life in the game for many years," he said.

"So as the pinnacle of my career, which this job is, I want to enjoy this the most. So I can only do that with everybody who works for me and works around me."

Allardyce applied for the England post a decade ago when he was in charge of Bolton, but the FA opted for Steve McClaren instead.

Since then Allardyce has gone on to manage Newcastle, Blackburn, West Ham and Sunderland and he believes he is well qualified to take the England job.

Allardyce said: "I think that it was 10 years since I was last interviewed and to sit here is a huge thrill for me. I think I fit the chair, I hope I do.

"I think I've got the experience to challenge the England team and challenge myself. Managing five Premier League teams has given me huge experience."

Asked if he was considered not good enough for the England job in 2006, and what had changed since, Allardyce said: "I was good enough then. So I don't know, perhaps it was political, I don't know.

"There's obviously a different and, without criticising the old regime too much, a much more streamlined (FA) now. With the development of this site (St George's Park), it's much more forward thinking than it was in 2006."

Allardyce takes the reins of the national team when morale is at a low ebb following the chastening experience in France, but the Dudley-born coach refused to accept confidence is at a nadir .

Branded a troubleshooter for his work with struggling Premier League teams during his career, Allardyce feels he has the club-fixer tag thanks to his track record of maximising player potential.

He fully intends to carry that practice into international management.

"I won't suggest it's rock bottom," he said of player morale in the wake of Euro 2016.

"I think it's disappointing but I don't think it's rock bottom.

"People see me as someone who can go into a club and turn things around very quickly and I suppose that comes around by taking West Ham up, saving Blackburn and saving Sunderland.

"I consider myself to be much more than that personally, but I can turn things around pretty quickly and I can get among teams and staff and try and create a successful journey.

"I think the successful journey starts by us all pulling together.

"The most important thing are the players. We all work for the team on the pitch and helping them to win.

"What we want to see is the England team being successful and for me that is the greatest challenge in my long career.

"Hopefully I'll be as successful as I have been at other clubs - and I started at Limerick by the way!"

And the England job is not the 'poisoned chalice' many onlookers claim it is, according to Allardyce.

He added: "Not for me. You take the good with the bad otherwise you wouldn't do it. I'm here because I think I'm tough enough to take it, so bring it on lads."

England went to the European Championship this summer with hopes high in a squad made up of a smattering of experienced heads and a host of highly-rated youngsters such as Harry Kane, Eric Dier, Dele Alli, Raheem Sterling and John Stones.

The team ultimately failed to deliver in France but Allardyce has dismissed any suggestion it was because of a lack of passion and says he will try to find out why England once again struggled on the biggest stage.

"There's no lack of passion, I don't see any lack of passion anywhere for the players who play for England. The loss of form or the fact they didn't perform at their very best wasn't through a lack of passion or determination or desire," he said.

"So I have to identify if I can as quickly as I can what went wrong, but I don't want to spend too much time on the past. I want to think more about the future and improving these young elite players that we have.

"And they aren't all young of course, the experienced players are very very important to me as well and, for me, it's about trying to create an environment that's got a feel-good factor about it."

The 61-year-old also believes it is time to stop looking at the England senior side as one with potential for the future.

He added: "We've got to say that it's not potential any more, it's got to be reality now, it's got to stand up and be counted because these young players have had a lot of experience now, a lot of games.

"You want the actual quality of the player to be producing his top performances immediately.

"I think this squad of players is very experienced and going forward will be producing more and producing better performances hopefully and better results."

He added: "We can't change the past but we can learn from it. Let's think about the future and change that for the better."stay tuned for more news updates

Re: Latest Transfer Updates With Prince by Icedprince1d(m): 9:40pm On Jul 25, 2016
POOL PLAYER
Kolo Toure should be confirmed as a Celtic player on Sunday, according to Hoops boss Brendan Rodgers.

The former Liverpool defender, 35, was at Parkhead to watch the 1-1 draw with Leicester City in the International Champions Cup clash, where the visitors emerged triumphant after a 6-5 penalty shoot-out, after having a medical earlier in the day with a year-long deal on the table.

Rodgers, however, said it was unlikely that the former Manchester City and Arsenal centre-back would be in the Celtic squad who will fly out to Kazakhstan on Monday for their Champions League qualifier against Astana.

The former Liverpool boss is still working on bringing in another 'wildcard' player who could be in the squad for Kazakhstan.

Speaking about Toure's impending arrival, he said: "It should be complete by tomorrow.

"I brought him into Liverpool to add that bit of experience and help to the centre-halves there at the time and I think you've seen from his impact there and in particular last season, he was a very important player for Jurgen (Klopp) towards the end of the season and played in the Europa League final.

"He was outstanding for me in the big games when I was there.

"He looks after himself, he is a wonderful professional with big experience and I just think with a lot of young players in our squad he can really help them and be of assistance to Scott Brown, who is a wonderful leader.

"It will be nice for Scott to have someone behind him who has that real big-game experience and he could do very well for us.

"I would think that Wednesday would be too soon.

"I would be more looking towards the weekend and some game time against Barcelona to assess where he is at, before the following week. All being well, he will get a good week's training."

Asked if there was a chance to bring a new player in who will go to Astana with his squad, Rodgers said: "That's something that we need to wait and see.

"We have some work going on behind the scenes, hopefully we can get some business done.

"It is going to be tight, it is Saturday evening and we leave Monday afternoon." [center][/center] Celtic are going to be on hot form this season but don't forget stay tune for more updates

Re: Latest Transfer Updates With Prince by Icedprince1d(m): 9:49pm On Jul 25, 2016
Smith set for Bournemouth medical as Liverpool end Chilwell inter
25.07.2016 21:20 |

Smith set for Bournemouth medical as Liverpool end Chilwell inter

The Australian is set to have his medical on Tuesday ahead of joining Eddie Howes side, while the Reds have ended their pursuit of the Leicester left-back
Brad Smith is nearing a £6 million transfer to Bournemouth and will leave Liverpool’s pre-season tour of the United States on Monday to proceed with the formalities of a deal.

Prince understands the 22-year-old is expected to depart California for Heathrow at 8pm, with his medical scheduled for Tuesday.

The Reds have agreed a buy-back option over the next two seasons for the defender, who has made 11 appearances for the club.

Jurgen Klopp had viewed Smith as a good cover option for Alberto Moreno, but the sizeable offer from Bournemouth as well as the fact the Australian would advance his development by playing more regularly, could not be turned down.

He will link up with former team-mate Jordon Ibe, who exited Anfield for Dean Court in a £15m move earlier this month.

Liverpool, meanwhile, have ended their pursuit of Leicester’s Ben Chilwell.

Prince revealed on July 16 that the Merseysiders

were willing to walk away from a deal for the promising left-back as negotiations had stalled with the Premier League champions.

READ MORE |
OFFICIAL: Stoke sign Liverpools Allen

There is also a strong feeling that the 19-year-old has not displayed the requisite commitment to making the switch to the club - a key criteria in Klopp’s assessment of potential signings.

The German has stated the club

could possibly make one more signing this summer and full-back remains an area to strengthen, but there is no certainty yet on whether the Reds will recruit another defender.
Re: Latest Transfer Updates With Prince by Icedprince1d(m): 6:37am On Jul 26, 2016
Stoke sign El Ahly winger Sobhi

DONE DEAL
Ramadan Sobhi has become Stoke's first summer signing. The Potters confirmed the signing of the 19-year-old winger, who arrives from Egyptian side El Ahly. According to the Premier League club, the fee could rise to €6million.

The winger has been Chase by many other clubs but Stoke are lucky to have his signature goodluck to them remember to stay put for more updates

Re: Latest Transfer Updates With Prince by Icedprince1d(m): 10:02am On Jul 26, 2016
Eredivisie: Market value loss for Vlaar

UPDATE
Transfermarkt.nl has re-evaluated the market values of the Eredivisie. Former Aston Villa defender Ron Vlaar has been downgraded by £0.85m. The 19-year-old Ajax starlet Mateo Cassierra was upgraded by 669 percent, being now worth £4.25m. All changes.

Re: Latest Transfer Updates With Prince by Icedprince1d(m): 10:04am On Jul 26, 2016
Which do u prefer comments pls

Re: Latest Transfer Updates With Prince by Icedprince1d(m): 10:09am On Jul 26, 2016
RUMOURS: CHELSEA PLAN £46M JOAO MARIO BID
By prince
00:59MAINSHARE
0 Getty

The 23-year-old impressed for Portugal as they won Euro 2016, and could also become a target for Manchester United should they fail to sign Paul Pogba from Juventus

Chelsea are plotting a £46 million bid for Sporting midfielder Joao Mario, acccording to The Sun.

The Blues have long been linked with the Portugal international, who was one of the starring lights for his country as they won Euro 2016 in France.

And now Antonio Conte is set to step up his efforts to sign the 23-year-old, though they could face competition from Manchester United should their bid to sign Paul Pogba prove unsuccessful

Re: Latest Transfer Updates With Prince by Icedprince1d(m): 10:17am On Jul 26, 2016
LOVE OF THE GAME, INFLUENCE AND PROJECTS PSG: ALL IT TAKES HOLD OF THE INTERVIEW UNAI EMERY'S
10:38LIGUE 1

After shining in Seville, Unai Emery started a new adventure at PSG with the ambition to win everything, the desire to change attitudes, and leave its mark.

Since arriving on the PSG bench, Unai Emery is already feeling. The boiling Basque coach, recognized for its rigor and determination to succeed in the capital, obviously contrasts with the phlegmatic Laurent Blanc, who was dismissed after three years in the capital.

Intensive workouts, game focused on possession and movement, constant communication with his players: Emery puts all the cards on his side to make a good impression, and it works, because first impressions suggest new PSG more motivated than love with Unai Emery's

And in a long interview with our colleagues Team, the new PSG coach is not hidden his ambitions to head the quadruple champion of France. Goal sweeps you the passages that we should not miss.

RECRUITMENT

Emery was clear. If Edinson Cavani is the holder in attack, he seeks an offensive reinforcement : "Cavani has played much left, he must feel that he will be the center forward, but it needs other players with him in attack. If Cavani is injured, for example, will require a player capable of playing at PSG. The criterion is to recruit a good feature for a big club like Paris. " a reinforcement that will probably not Carlos Bacca, for some reason simple: "It is outside the EU."

About Matuidi, announced the departure, the coach was not very reassuring, although he said not to push him towards the exit: "We have many left defensive midfielders (Matuidi, Adrien Rabiot and Thiago Motta ). if there is an opportunity to leave and if he finds that there are too many people in the middle ... But I do not want him to go. "

AWARDS ITS DESIRES

If PSG already won everything on the national stage (Championship, League Cup and Cup of France), mission (that failed White) now entrusted to the triple winner of the Europa League is displayed: approach the European dream. Without denigrating the work previously carried out, Emery is fully aware of its purpose: " I've told the players' You have done a great job, you won, and I respect that as well as the work of my predecessor '. I came to improve detail and what had worked well. it's very difficult. for me it is a big challenge. (...) the PSG will grow, and this is a great opportunity for players but also for me and my staff, to leave a trace in France and Europe. "

"PSG has gained, so that means it worked well. We must continue to do so, but also grow by going further in the European Cup , "he insisted.

THE IMPORTANCE OF FRENCH

In his conference presentation, Emery had surprised journalists by answering questions in French. And if players have already told the technician was speaking in the language of Molière in training is that he had already foreseen this: " The day after the call PSG, I started taking French classes. I already had a little studied the language, because I grew up near the border. (...) I also surrounded by Juan Carlos Carcedo and Julen Masach (two of his deputies) because they speak french. "

HIS LOVE OF THE GAME

Unai Emery saw the game as he is passionate about training. He explains very well himself: " My way to lead is born instinctively I am very close to the players when they work because I believe that for the activity and intensity of exercises with my. assistant, one must be like this. this active participation is to experience the work, the intensity, the involvement of players. "

Before explaining this boundless passion " . My blood runs football My grandfather was a guard and won the King's Cup, my father was a professional at home, football was a big part J '.. I grew up in this environment. (...) and with the work, passion, intensity and attention to detail, I progressed and I could raise myself up Seville and three wins in Europa League. That is my path. And PSG thought of me. "

And if he came to Paris, Emery also knows that it is to thrill fans: " In football, the most important is to win but, for me, it is equally important that the supporters vibrated. through the game of the team. If you have possession but you're just passing, fans are going to sleep. possession is good, but it is only an instrument. It takes then add the movement, intensity and energy. "

HIS INFLUENCES

Finally, Unai Emery, known for waving as Simeone on the bench, and want the ball possession as Guardiola did not hide that the two great technicians inspired him every day: " During my four years at Valencia, there was Pep Guardiola at Barcelona he brought a lot to football.. tactically the team game of intelligence, moving players and possession another coach inspires me, c ' Diego Simeone is in a different style. I love the pressure and intensity that he asks his team. I want my team to take the game to their account and displays of personality. I was inspired by Guardiola , Simeone but also Bielsa

Re: Latest Transfer Updates With Prince by Icedprince1d(m): 10:25am On Jul 26, 2016
THE NEW LOOK OF LIONEL MESSI
07/24/16SPAIN SHARE
2 Getty Images

The wife of Lionel Messi shared a photo of her companion with "makeover". The five-time Golden Ball is actually the same.

Painful end of season with the final of the Copa America lost an international retirement which made debate and some legal troubles, Lionel Messi decided to start again on new bases. The leader Barcelona game, which had already been allowed to grow a beard for a few weeks, is now seeing more.

All smiles, the five-time Argentine Footballer sports a colorful new haircut blonde. Highly visible tattoos for some time, Lionel Messi continues its moulting style before finding land with FC Barcelona to see if it makes it even better.

Re: Latest Transfer Updates With Prince by Icedprince1d(m): 2:42pm On Jul 26, 2016
26.07.2016 - 11:03 | SOURCE: TRANSFERMARKT.DE
Leroy Sané
Improved market value for Manchester City target Sane

BUNDESLIGA UPDATE
Transfermarkt.de has updated the market values of the Bundesliga.

Germany international Leroy Sane, who has been heavily linked with a switch to Manchester City, is among the players whose market value has increased.

The Schalke youngster improved from £15.3m to £25.5m.

OVERVIEW
View all recent market value changes of the Bundesliga

Bayern Munich's summer signing Renato Sanches has the same value as the Man City target, being upgraded by £8.5m.

The Portuguese Euro 2016 winner played a starring role for his national team during the tournament, scoring the equalizer against Poland and helping Portugal win the cup.

Renato Sanches
R. Sanches
CM
£25.50m

Bundesliga market value update

His new teammate Jerome Boateng can also consider himself as one of the best players at the Euro 2016 and as winner of the latest market value update, going up from £34m to £38.5m.

The market values of fellow Bayern players Joshua Kimmich (from £11.1m to £17m) and Arturo Vidal (from £31.5m to £34m) were also upgraded.

Joshua Kimmich
J. Kimmich
DM
£17.00m

Meanwhile, ex-Chelsea player Arjen Robben has to take another market value loss, going down to £9.35m.

The market value of Mario Gotze, who was linked with Liverpool and Tottenham but decided to re-sign with Borussia Dortmund, also went down.

Re: Latest Transfer Updates With Prince by Icedprince1d(m): 2:51pm On Jul 26, 2016
MANCHESTER CITY NEAR SANE & GABRIEL JESUS SIGNINGS
By Sam Lee
14:10TRANSFER ZONESHARE
0 Getty Images
The Premier League giants are getting closer to agreeing a fee with Schalke for the Germany international, while the move for the Brazilian is further along

Manchester City are getting close to completing the signings of Leroy Sane and Gabriel Jesus, Goal understands.
The Premier League side are looking to bolster their squad ahead of their first season under Pep Guardiola, having already signed Ilkay Gundogan, Nolito and Oleksandr Zinchenko this summer.

City have long been chasing Schalke's promising youngster Leroy Sane and the Germany international has already requested a transfer from the Bundesliga side.

Guardiola admitted this week that his club are interested in signing him, though he admitted it will be tough to convince the Gelsenkirchen team to sell.

GOAL READ MORE | Fans react to Manchester derby cancellation

And while the two sides are yet to reach an agreement on the fee for Sane, City are getting closer to striking a deal and are confident of snapping up the 20-year-old.

The Etihad Stadium outfit have been tracking 19-year-old Palmeiras defender Gabriel Jesus for some time, and his father confirmed on Monday that they are in advanced negotiations for him.

The deal is not completed yet, but is very close and has been delayed somewhat by the complications due to the two sides being in different time zones.

The Brazil U23 international is expected to be joined and sent straight back to the Serie A side as he will not be eligible for a UK work permit

Re: Latest Transfer Updates With Prince by Icedprince1d(m): 6:17pm On Jul 26, 2016
Juventus FC 26.07.2016 - 17:58 | SOURCE: JUVENTUS FC
Gonzalo Higuaín
Juventus confirm signing of Napoli striker Higuain

SERIE A
Juventus have confirmed the signing of Napoli striker Gonzalo Higuain for a fee of €90million (£75.3m).

The 28-year-old Argentina international has signed a five-year deal with the Serie A champions

Re: Latest Transfer Updates With Prince by Icedprince1d(m): 6:31pm On Jul 26, 2016
MENU.CO.UK LOGIN
Arsenal FC 26.07.2016 - 16:16 | SOURCE: PA SPORTS
Alexandre Lacazette
Lyon rebuff Arsenal's offer of 35 million euros for Lacazette

LIGUE 1
Arsenal have had an offer of 35 million euros (£29.3million) for Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette rejected by the French club.

Lyon also deny that the Gunners have tabled a new bid of 48 million euros (£40.2million) for the 25-year-old French international, who are they insist is not for sale.

"Arsenal made an offer of 35 million euros which Lyon didn't accept for one reason alone - we will keep Alexandre Lacazette," read a statement released by the club.

Arsenal are reportedly ready to spend up to £75million in a double swoop for Lacazette and Leicester's Algerian playmaker Riyad Mahrez, but Lyon are determined to keep the jewel in their crown.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic alone has struck more goals in Ligue 1 over the past three seasons and Lacazette, a converted winger, is thought to be nearing his prime.

"Lacazette is one of the main leaders of Bruno Genesio's squad," Lyon's statement continued.

"We categorically deny having received an offer of 48 million euros from Arsenal for him, as has been reported."

Lacazette has been linked with a number of big clubs since plundering 27 league goals in the 2014-15 season.

The Lyon-born forward is thought to be keen on a move to the Emirates Stadium, but Lyon's financial difficulties are behind them and they are not compelled to sell.

Arsenal are looking to sign a striker this summer after missing out on Leicester's

Re: Latest Transfer Updates With Prince by Icedprince1d(m): 10:10pm On Jul 26, 2016
26.07.2016 - 16:23 | SOURCE: PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN
Giovani Lo Celso
PSG sign Argentinian midfielder Lo Celso

DONE DEAL
Paris Saint-Germain have completed the transfer of Giovani Lo Celso. The 20-year-old midfielder joins from Argentinian club CA Rosario Central for an undisclosed fee. Lo Celso has signed a five-year deal with the Ligue 1 champions.

Re: Latest Transfer Updates With Prince by Icedprince1d(m): 1:07pm On Aug 01, 2016
Manchester City 01.08.2016 - 10:19 | SOURCE: DPA/TRANSFERMARKT.DE
Leroy Sané
Schalke confirm Sane's medical at Man City

PREMIER LEAGUE
Bundesliga side Schalke have confirmed that 20-year-old Leroy Sane has traveled to England and is set to undergo a medical with Manchester City. The Germany international has played 57 games for Schalke, scoring 13 goals and bagging eight assists.

Re: Latest Transfer Updates With Prince by Icedprince1d(m): 10:22am On Aug 04, 2016
Aston Villa 04.08.2016 - 09:55 | SOURCE: ASTON VILLA
Ross McCormack
Aston Villa complete signing of Fulham striker McCormack

DONE DEAL
Aston Villa have announced the transfer of striker Ross McCormack.

The Scotland international joins from Fulham for a fee of £12m, the Villans confirmed.

The 29-year-old striker, who scored 116 goals in 306 Championship games for Cardiff, Leeds and the Cottagers, has put pen to paper on a four-year deal with the newly-relegated Premier League side.

Roberto Di Matteo told the club's official website: "I'm delighted to bring Ross on board.

"He's a player with proven track record and plenty of experience in the division."

Ross McCormack
R. McCormack
SS
£6.80m

"He is a player whose goalscoring record has been excellent everywhere he has been and we feel he can be an important addition."

McCormack has become the fourth summer signing of Aston Villa, following the arrival of Reading midfielder Aaron Tshibola, Bournemouth centre back Tommy Elphick and goalkeeper Pierluigi Gollini, who joined from Italian side Hellas.
Re: Latest Transfer Updates With Prince by Icedprince1d(m): 10:23am On Aug 04, 2016
03.08.2016 - 21:57 | SOURCE: PA SPORTS
Roberto Martínez
Belgium name Martinez as their new manager

CONFIRMED
Former Everton boss Roberto Martinez has been appointed as Belgium's new manager.

Martinez's appointment was announced on the official Twitter account of the Belgian Football Association on Wednesday night.

The 43-year-old Spaniard has been out of work since he was sacked by Everton in May after three years at Goodison Park.

Martinez succeeds Marc Wilmots who spent four years in charge of Belgium before losing his job after Euro 2016.

Wilmots steered the Red Devils to the top of the FIFA world rankings and they still currently hold second position.

Belgium reached the quarter-finals of the 2014 World Cup before losing to Argentina and they were among the favourites to become European champions this summer.

But they suffered a surprise 3-1 defeat to Wales in the last eight and Wilmots left his role within two weeks of that defeat.

Martinez began his managerial career in 2007 after coming to Britain from his native Spain to play for Wigan, Motherwell, Walsall, Swansea and Chester.

He took Swansea into the Championship before accepting the opportunity to take over Premier League Wigan in 2009.

Wigan won the FA Cup under Martinez in 2013 but were relegated a few days later and the Spaniard went to Everton.

Martinez had a successful first season on Merseyside with the team's attractive style of play earning them a fifth-placed finish.

But Everton never hit the same heights again, with two Premier League finishes of 11th and a feeling that the club had massively under-achieved given the playing talent at Martinez's disposal
Re: Latest Transfer Updates With Prince by Icedprince1d(m): 10:24am On Aug 04, 2016
Gabriel Jesus
Manchester City announce signing of Brazilian talent Gabriel Jesus

DONE DEAL
Manchester City have confirmed the transfer of Gabriel Jesus.

The 19-year-old forward arrives from Brazilian side Palmeiras but will join the Citizens in January 2017.

The Brazilian starlet has signed a long-term deal with the club which will keep him at Etihad Stadium until summer 2021.

Gabriel Jesus
G. Jesus
CF
App.

14 11 3

Jesus told mancity.com: "Manchester City is one of the best clubs in the world so I'm really pleased to sign.

"We have many great talents in the team and a fantastic manager in Pep Guardiola that I can learn so much from.

"I'm looking forward to showing the City fans what I can do and I think we'll have a great future together."

Jesus has scored 15 league goals in 34 Brazilian Serie A games so far.

Txiki Begiristain added: "We are delighted that Gabriel has chosen to join us.

"He is one of the most exciting young prospects in world football and plays the game in a spectacular way.

"We look forward to him making a big impact at Manchester City in January."

Jesus has become Manchester City's sixth summer signing, following the arrival of Leroy Sane, Oleksandr Zinchenko, Aaron Mooy, Ilkay Gundogan and Nolito.

SUMMER TRANSFER WINDOW
All Premier League deals

(1) (Reply)

Messi, Ronaldinho And Xavi Among The Greatest Players Ever... But Who Is No 1 / Where Is Kelechi Iheanacho / Gay Players In Premier League Would Get Respect – Pogba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.