Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Housewife To Die For Stabbing And Setting Husband Ablaze - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Housewife To Die For Stabbing And Setting Husband Ablaze (23770 Views)

Young Man Killed By Angry Mob For Stabbing Woman To Death In Kogi. Graphic Pics / Nigerian Arrested In Italy For Stabbing Italian Entrepreneur To Death (PICS) / Woman Attempts To Set Husband Ablaze Over Property and divorce(Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Housewife To Die For Stabbing And Setting Husband Ablaze by Islie: 9:09pm On Jul 25, 2016
Housewife to die for murder

Jethro Ibileke/Benin

A 28-year old housewife, Mrs. Mary Attah, has been sentenced to death by hanging by a Delta State High Court, sitting in Effurun, for stabbing her husband, Pastor Darlington Attah, with a kitchen knife and setting him ablaze.

She was pronounced guilty on the one-count charge preffered against her by Justice E.I. Oritsejafor.
The prosecution counsel, Patrick Mekako Esq, told the court that the accused who was married to the deceased, with four children, had on or about 6 July, 2012 at Effurun, within the Effurun Judicial Division, attacked her husband with a kitchen knife and stabbed him in the neck as a result of an alleged phone call from the husband’s lover.

He further told the Court that the accused was infuriated by the telephone call at a time they were having a ‘nice time’ which prompted her to rush to the kitchen, took a knife and pepper which she rubbed on her husband’s face to demobilize him before stabbing him in the neck.

Not satisfied, the convict doused the husband who was already weak as a result of excessive bleeding with fuel and set him ablaze and he later died at the Warri Central Hospital where he was rushed to.
The offence is punishable by death under Section 319(1) of the Criminal Code Law, Cap C21, Volume 1, Laws of Delta State of Nigeria, 2006.

Delivering the death sentence, Justice Oritsejafor held that the prosecution was able to prove beyond all reasonable doubt the essential ingredients of the offence of murder against the accused person.

“I must also add that the evidence before this Court do not and cannot support the plea of self defence in favour of the accused person. I agree with the learned Assistant Director for the Prosecution that there is just no possible defence to avail the accused person when she stabbed her deceased husband in the neck with a knife and thereafter doused him with fuel before she struck the match on him. Her intention was to kill the deceased or do him grievous bodily harm. The law is trite that a man intends the natural consequences of his act.

“From the evidence before this Court and in particular the extra-judicial statement of the accused person, Exhibit A and the evidence of PW1 and PW2 which corroborate and consistent with the facts contained in the said extrajudicial statement Exhibit A, I hold that the prosecution proved beyond reasonable doubt that the accused person murdered her deceased husband on or about the 6th day of July, 2012, and I find the accused person guilty of the murder of Darlington Attah as charged.

Accused person is accordingly, hereby convicted of the offence of murder. The sentence of this Court upon you, Mary Attah is death by hanging by the neck till you be dead and may the Lord have mercy on your soul,” Justice Oritsejafor held.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/07/25/housewife-to-die-for-murder/
Re: Housewife To Die For Stabbing And Setting Husband Ablaze by madridguy(m): 9:12pm On Jul 25, 2016
Ok
Re: Housewife To Die For Stabbing And Setting Husband Ablaze by Orubebe01: 9:17pm On Jul 25, 2016
Woe-man, the greatest weapon ever created

2 Likes

Re: Housewife To Die For Stabbing And Setting Husband Ablaze by RealJaneDoe: 9:18pm On Jul 25, 2016
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ordinary phone call lead to this

11 Likes

Re: Housewife To Die For Stabbing And Setting Husband Ablaze by Young03(m): 9:29pm On Jul 25, 2016
oh its a pity
hanging na long process
jungle justice for help

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Housewife To Die For Stabbing And Setting Husband Ablaze by Greatzeus(m): 9:36pm On Jul 25, 2016
I'm sure they once loved each other and probably say they will die for each other cry so where did it go wrong cry wipes tears

7 Likes

Re: Housewife To Die For Stabbing And Setting Husband Ablaze by petux(m): 10:06pm On Jul 25, 2016
Smh some girls sha...just because of ordinary phone call, you sent yr husband to grave and also yourself. Now going to turn yr children to orphans wandering around....... ****

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Housewife To Die For Stabbing And Setting Husband Ablaze by ijustdey: 10:59pm On Jul 25, 2016
the fury of scorn woman is hotter than hell fire

2 Likes

Re: Housewife To Die For Stabbing And Setting Husband Ablaze by Fourwinds: 7:09am On Jul 26, 2016
y are women killing their husbands these days

1 Like

Re: Housewife To Die For Stabbing And Setting Husband Ablaze by ijustdey: 12:19pm On Jul 26, 2016
Woman stabs, sets husband ablaze in Delta over phone call......

http://dailypost.ng/2016/07/26/woman-stabs-sets-husband-ablaze-delta-phone-call/

cc lalasticlala......
Re: Housewife To Die For Stabbing And Setting Husband Ablaze by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 26, 2016
Hanging is inhumane, what happened to injections or firing squad?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Housewife To Die For Stabbing And Setting Husband Ablaze by adesewa4uyahoo(f): 4:05pm On Jul 26, 2016
Hehe see mentions o.... Biko untie your ropes o... I dislike being mentioned sha... Especially in uncivilised manners #smiles there are still possible defences to mitigate the punishment.
Re: Housewife To Die For Stabbing And Setting Husband Ablaze by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 26, 2016
Just cos of phone call ?? This must be a joke

1 Like

Re: Housewife To Die For Stabbing And Setting Husband Ablaze by MadCow1: 4:06pm On Jul 26, 2016
She stabbed and barbecued the Nigga? shocked shocked shocked

Dayuuuuum Mary!! angry

1 Like

Re: Housewife To Die For Stabbing And Setting Husband Ablaze by Victorakats(m): 4:06pm On Jul 26, 2016
This is where I don't know if the law is fair or not!
Sure the lady is fully guilty of her offence and she's meant to be punished for it, but what becomes the fate of her tender children? What happens to them? Who fights for their right and cause? Who defends them? How will they behold this news and what will be their own future?
Well I hope that God shows her mercy but it's quite a difficult one for both the woman and her children.

Have you read www.amaraofficial.com today?

4 Likes

Re: Housewife To Die For Stabbing And Setting Husband Ablaze by veekid(m): 4:06pm On Jul 26, 2016
Iku lere eshe

1 Like

Re: Housewife To Die For Stabbing And Setting Husband Ablaze by Opistorincos(m): 4:07pm On Jul 26, 2016
Good for her
Re: Housewife To Die For Stabbing And Setting Husband Ablaze by uzo4real(m): 4:09pm On Jul 26, 2016
Na so..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Housewife To Die For Stabbing And Setting Husband Ablaze by whitney8181: 4:09pm On Jul 26, 2016
na wa
Re: Housewife To Die For Stabbing And Setting Husband Ablaze by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 26, 2016
adesewa4uyahoo:
Haaaaaaa like seriously? In this our naija naa? It is well o
really well, I guess she might be affected by the economy of the nation

but you look cute

1 Like

Re: Housewife To Die For Stabbing And Setting Husband Ablaze by johnstar(m): 4:11pm On Jul 26, 2016
cheesy d fear of woman is the beginning of wisdom grin

Women and wickedness undecided

11 Likes

Re: Housewife To Die For Stabbing And Setting Husband Ablaze by graphiti: 4:12pm On Jul 26, 2016
GOOD:

Pv 18v22

"Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing"

BEST:

Matt 19vz 3-12.

(Vz 10).......... His (Jesus') disciples say unto him (Jesus), "if the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry

(vz 11) But he (Jesus) Said unto them, all men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given.

(vz 12)......... He that is able to receive it, let him receive it

2 Likes

Re: Housewife To Die For Stabbing And Setting Husband Ablaze by oneda(m): 4:12pm On Jul 26, 2016
Now two souls are gone cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Housewife To Die For Stabbing And Setting Husband Ablaze by Frank3n2(m): 4:15pm On Jul 26, 2016
Na wah o!

Men take note!! Always put your phone on silent while you are having a good time with your wife/GF grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Housewife To Die For Stabbing And Setting Husband Ablaze by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 26, 2016
I try to avoid any girl who has violent tendencies. Jealous women are also a no no for me. I work in a field that involves dealing with so many women, my best friends are even women and most times the girls I date are aware of the females in my life.

I'm yet to date the insanely jealous cos I quickly leave them before I bleep them. I no want story. Men should just be careful of the women they date and marry.

How can we be fucccking one minute and the next minute you're burning and stabbing me? Pure evil. cry cry

8 Likes

Re: Housewife To Die For Stabbing And Setting Husband Ablaze by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 26, 2016
Death is an easy escape. Give her a life sentence. Life without freedom is the worst punishment a human can receive. Killing her's only a temporary relief.
Re: Housewife To Die For Stabbing And Setting Husband Ablaze by Snails: 4:19pm On Jul 26, 2016
Greatzeus:
I'm sure they once loved each other and probably say they will die for each other cry so where did it go wrong cry wipes tears
actually they died for each other. the man died for the woman and the woman is going to die for the man soon.

2 Likes

Re: Housewife To Die For Stabbing And Setting Husband Ablaze by Sirmuel1(m): 4:20pm On Jul 26, 2016
NCAN regional branch reporting!

Wait, let me check properly grin grin

1 Like

Re: Housewife To Die For Stabbing And Setting Husband Ablaze by queenfav(f): 4:21pm On Jul 26, 2016
The judgment was well considered!I don't know why women take this cheating thing as something to kill for.Most men cheat!No matter how well she can investigate him by snooping on his calls and texts,a man who would cheat would surely cheat. Why turn yourself into psychopath?The best is to pray that he is'nt stupid enough to do it unprotected.Believing a man would stay faithful is just setting yourself up for a very big disappointment!!

4 Likes

Re: Housewife To Die For Stabbing And Setting Husband Ablaze by sexychocho(f): 4:22pm On Jul 26, 2016
Dis is serious ooo

D woman must be mad ooooo

Hell is waiting 4 her

But wait ooooo
Dem put pastor for d man name and he dey get lover

His transition poster shud be Gone to HELL and not to GLORY

Lobatan

2 Likes

Re: Housewife To Die For Stabbing And Setting Husband Ablaze by brunobaba(m): 4:29pm On Jul 26, 2016
They say hell hath no fury than a woman scorned,one minute,they are making love,the other minute someone is in heaven..women should take the chill pill,this is the third time i'll be hearing this sort of news this year,is killing their husbands the new sexy?

2 Likes

Re: Housewife To Die For Stabbing And Setting Husband Ablaze by Certifiedboss: 4:30pm On Jul 26, 2016
adesewa4uyahoo:
Haaaaaaa like seriously? Her lawyer didn't do a good job... What happened to the defence of provocation to reduce section 221 to section 224 of penal code and the case of R vs Doughty (1986). Or reduce 305 to 303 criminal code(as applicable here)

Moving to the kitchen to pick a knife,pepper . After stabbing she poured fuel and set the man on fire. That's no longer an act of provocation. That's premeditated murder. She already had those actions in mind before.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Shoots Lover With Double-Barrel Gun Over Unwanted Pregnancy In Abia / Why We Are Still Keeping Evans – IGP / Daniel Fakoya, 18, To Spend 15 Years In UK Prison For Firearms Offences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.