Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,187 members, 7,811,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage (34894 Views)

Christ Embassy Branch In United Kingdom Declared Bankrupt / The Complete Truth About Tithes As Summarised By Pastor Reno Omokri / Christ Embassy Pastor In 4 Abortions Mess With Maid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by dadaijboy: 1:38pm On Jul 26, 2016
Speechless
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by advice(m): 1:49pm On Jul 26, 2016
It's a big lie

I am going through marriage class in Christ Embassy now and nothing of such is happening

Check your facts dear

Stop lying

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by bigiyaro(m): 1:53pm On Jul 26, 2016
petra1:

It's only if they were living together that they may be asked to separate . For about a year.

But the story you gave is not true . How can the church mandate you to pay tithes before marriage . Is it anybody's business if I pay my tithe or not? It's between me and the God I worship.
forget dat tin, i have seen a church where intending couples were ask to paint the church building as one of the conditions to wed them in that church.
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by Xtopherprince(m): 2:25pm On Jul 26, 2016
This story reeks of Christ Embassy. I remember sometimes last year while in ph, i attended CEC eliose branch and the pastor made an announcement before offering collection asking those that don't have money to give to deposit their phones and to come collect it when they they ''bring offering money''. Now this story was not made up nor a hearsay, i witnessed this in person.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by smite(m): 2:37pm On Jul 26, 2016
SamMilla1:
These rouges are getting bolder by the day. And that's because the blockheads all over Nigeria and Africa are too lazy and brainwashed to think. They rather believe than think. They rather close their eyes and pray for help rather than work.

If I ask you to stop wasting your time going to these Churches, the Jesus Military group will descend on me while the Muhammed Army support me, until I ask them to stop going to Mosques too.

That's how silly and confused the entire black race has become.

Spot-On! brother preach!
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by Topgainer: 2:38pm On Jul 26, 2016
oloriB:
Oga, know your facts! I joined in 2008 and I have finally left the ministry 2weeks ago. They are divorced, don't come here and put up rubbish defence! They collected 1,000 gate fee. You people are rich? Some of the brethren go extra unholy miles to come and give in church. We're you not in the service when Pastor Chris asked us to pray for Anita like she was an object in 2014,but would say I have never met someone I don't love. I pray God would open your eyes like he opened mine.
Yeah, let me help you!
That was how they brought the story to the fp that pastor and Anita were no longer together which is a big fat lie. No source, no concurrence or or anything... just one man said!!!
They said we collect gate fee at Crossover service. No source, no concurrence or or anything... just one man said!!!
What happens at Christ Embassy shouldn't be anybody's business. Busy body everywhere, they won't mind their business.
At Christ Embassy we are rich and prosperous, our meetings are crowded and manifestations of power. Inferior people will always criticize
I only helped a sister defend her task master (and his gang) whom the whole world is lying against. No source, no concurrence or anything... just one man said!!!
Just like rumors of his divorce and plans to present a new mistress to the public. No source, no concurrence or anything... just one man said!!!
The fact remains, he never divorced his wife nor got separated from her. He is a man of god, hand picked by God, his obedience to the word of God cannot be questioned. As a Bishop he has obeyed fully the portion that says a man who is not capable of ruling his own household should not bishop it out over the house of God.
He never wrote a commendation letter to the dismissed Sheraton worker who stole to donate to Christ Embassy. It was all fabrications from detractors.
Haters everywhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by nkechiben(f): 2:47pm On Jul 26, 2016
Lie lie people! The person that said Pastor Chris divorce his wife in front of the congregation and the one that talks about jerry curl and the person that posted that nonsense, I pity you and ur generation o! Because ur saying a lie against the man of God. U better ask God for forgiveness or u start counting ur days on earth here because God will prove to you that to show u that Pastor Chris is a man called by God. I assure u!

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by VocalWalls: 2:53pm On Jul 26, 2016
OnWebTech:
Na to go do court wedding na...

Make me a free logo for an advert space on my blog.
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by Topgainer: 2:56pm On Jul 26, 2016
nkechiben:
Lie lie people! The person that said Pastor Chris divorce his wife in front of the congregation and the one that talks about jerry curl and the person that posted that nonsense, I pity you and ur generation o! Because ur saying a lie against the man of God. U better ask God for forgiveness or u start counting ur days on earth here because God will prove to you that to show u that Pastor Chris is a man called by God. I assure u!
Can I help you say it better?
The person will die tomorrow, his generation will be wiped out, Thunder will burn them, the person will be poor for delving into matters of Christ Embassy that shouldn't be his business.
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by Rossikk(m): 3:21pm On Jul 26, 2016
SamMilla1:
These rouges are getting bolder by the day. And that's because the blockheads all over Nigeria and Africa are too lazy and brainwashed to think. They rather believe than think. They rather close their eyes and pray for help rather than work.

If I ask you to stop wasting your time going to these Churches, the Jesus Military group will descend on me while the Muhammed Army support me, until I ask them to stop going to Mosques too.

That's how silly and confused the entire black race has become.

It's a real shame my brother.
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by Rossikk(m): 3:23pm On Jul 26, 2016
nkechiben:
Come on will you shut up your mouth there... Man of God indeed. Man of mansions, Rolex and private jet while his congregation are looking for gari to drink.
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by Mintayo(m): 3:28pm On Jul 26, 2016
In as much as I don't so much believe in Christ Embassy, I don't believe this story.
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by bigsam1992(m): 3:28pm On Jul 26, 2016
petra1:

You and your uncle are a joke rather. There's no such doctrine in CEC . We worship God with our tithes and offering as bible commands but it's not a criterial for marriage . It may be a criteria for being a leader or a pastor but not marriage . If they have issue with marriage . It may range from , medical test, family approval, attending foundation school , cell meetings ,marriage classes . If they were cohabiting , church may stop the relationship , if test reveal pregnancy , the marriage get cancelled . They may only do marriage blessing .

U must defend ur church no b bad tin but I believe d OP story wen I relate wat pastor Anita said of recent
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by Jephyard(m): 3:29pm On Jul 26, 2016
I am not surprised it coming from CEC though it also happen in other churches too. it almost 90% believeable, i have lost my trust for that church. I just see their followers as being brainwashed. Too bad the lady I love the most happen to attend that church.
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by Alertz3(m): 3:39pm On Jul 26, 2016
[quote author=egopersonified post=47893517]I got married in Christ embassy without any issues. I noticed it is those that run after pastors and they know everything about you that always have these issues, so I just played floor member till I got married. [/quotem.] but there was no record of Jesus or His disciples collecting tithes now
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by shuggah(m): 3:59pm On Jul 26, 2016
if it was a non-xtain post, all of u would ask for proofs, pics etc to confirm d story but since it's d xtians then everytin is allowed, @op I don't believe ur fallacy an inch, I'm nt a Christ embassy member nor have I attended it before but answer this questions
1.how did the church know the monetary equivalent of ur uncles tithe and start asking for it.
2. there has been no record of this happening before and I disbelieve that out of d millions attending and wedding in Christ embassy every Saturday, it's only ur uncle that neva paid his tithe all along and an igbo proverb goes like this "d snake seen by only one man can be a python" so gimme me proofs or stop blabbing,.
You didn't tell us d branch of Christ embassy that this happened in, the name of d pastor or the date or time frame, see op lying against men of God ND d church is a sin o, just know that nd if this is a lie Then lying would not depart from ur generation,, ooops did I say that, it was out of anger because d whole student writing gst221 in federal university lafia from the faculty of social science said this trash post is a lie.. OK bye
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 26, 2016
This is a pure lie. I'm a member of CE and paying of tithes is not a requirement for church marriage.

If there be any truth in what you wrote, then, it was the pastor of his branch doing things his way.

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by dayorich: 4:14pm On Jul 26, 2016
I've been following Nairaland since 2012 without signing up, just reading.
I signed up in 2014 and never logged in, post anything nor commented on any post.
However, just because I want to comment on this issue with Christ Embassy, I went to recover my password and logged in.
Without any harm intended, I want to state categorically that payment of unpaid Tithe arrears/backlog was the reason a couple I know personally ended up doing traditional wedding. This was in 2012 December. The guy attends CE but ran to our church (where the fiancee attended) to ask if we could conduct their wedding in January because CE asked him to pay the outstanding backlog of his tithe and also N50,000 for Counselling.
Unfortunately, we couldn't help them out because the date was just too close for our church to complete the pre-wedding classes.
They did traditional wedding and today they are both members of CE. This is a true life story!

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by petra1(m): 4:22pm On Jul 26, 2016
Elsquidme:
so you're implying he LIED?

Of course he lied . Either him or his uncle . It's not a CEC practice . Tithe is not a bondage .as much as it's necessary to pay tithe. It's still left for individual to demonstrate their love and faith
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by hotwax: 4:28pm On Jul 26, 2016
[size=18pt]Nigerians are slaves of religion.

Its so sad. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry[/size]
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by petra1(m): 4:30pm On Jul 26, 2016
TO ALL READERS . DONT BE MISLED BY THESE KIND OF STORY. ITS A PURE LIE. LETS ASK A SIMPLE COMMON SENSE QUESTION. HOW WOULD A PASTOR KNOW HOW MUCH MONEY YOU HAVE MADE IN NUMBER OF YEARS TO BE ABLE TO CALCULATE YOUR TITHE . IS HE THE BANKER TO KNOW THE AMOUNT THE GUY HAS BEEN. MAKING EITHER IN BUNSINESS OR GIFT ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by petra1(m): 4:31pm On Jul 26, 2016
iAmCharis:
This is a pure lie. I'm a member of CE and paying of tithes is not a requirement for church marriage.

Thank you
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by subnormal: 4:34pm On Jul 26, 2016
dayorich:
I've been following Nairaland since 2012 without signing up, just reading.
I signed up in 2014 and never logged in, post anything nor commented on any post.
However, just because I want to comment on this issue with Christ Embassy, I went to recover my password and logged in.
Without any harm intended, I want to state categorically that payment of unpaid Tithe arrears/backlog was the reason a couple I know personally ended up doing traditional wedding. This was in 2012 December. The guy attends CE but ran to our church (where the fiancee attended) to ask if we could conduct their wedding in January because CE asked him to pay the outstanding backlog of his tithe and also N50,000 for Counselling.
Unfortunately, we couldn't help them out because the date was just too close for our church to complete the pre-wedding classes.
They did traditional wedding and today they are both members of CE. This is a true life story!

I attend CE and know for a fact that they do not use tithe cards and it will be very difficult if not impossible to track the payment of tithes by individuals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by petra1(m): 4:36pm On Jul 26, 2016
advice:
It's a big lie

I am going through marriage class in Christ Embassy now and nothing of such is happening

Check your facts dear

Stop lying

More witnesses . God bless you

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by REVOLUTNIS: 4:45pm On Jul 26, 2016
Why will ur uncle refused to pay his tithe after all he has been attending the church, receiving blessing from God through the church programs. Refusing to make contributions to the church means he is a thief.

2 Likes

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 26, 2016
michaelobinna:
Christ Embassy Church Is A Big Joke: This is not an attack on any church.

My uncle happens to be a staunch member of christ embassy, so he decides to get married and mid last year he brought his wife to be to introduce her to my parents, we all started looking forward to the wedding but as months rolled by we didn't hear or see any preparations
Along the line my mum decided to know what the delay for, my uncle told my mum that their pastor asked yhem to hold on that they still checking , verifying and praying about it, months kept rolling by they said stil on it ... We keep watching ..it was only until a month ago that they decided to get wedded in another Church in the lady hometown, funny enough nobody or pastor from his church attended the wedding

Out of curiosity I decide to ask why they weren't joined together at his church and I began to hear of the ridiculous things that they were asked to do before the church joins them but the most baffling one is this below :

1. Their unpaid tithes since they have been attending the church was calculated and it amounted to 1.2 million naira which must be paid before they are joined together
There so many churches that looking for members to wed your uncle is complaining. Since it's the church law, he either abide by it or go to another church. Infact your uncle fall my hand badly because heh no try at all
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by toorich: 4:58pm On Jul 26, 2016
stupid lies!

I am a member of Christ Embassy for many years and know the marriage counselling process, no such thing happens!!

get your facts right and stop the false accusations against the church

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by akagaba(f): 5:05pm On Jul 26, 2016
Big lies. Op, you are an agent of darkness. May Gods light strike you blind. Idi0t.
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by MabraO: 5:09pm On Jul 26, 2016
Who needs a pastors blessing for marriage
Pastor is only a title. Any body can be a pastor nd open church I only need Gods blessings not one silly pastors blessing
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by shinel(f): 5:20pm On Jul 26, 2016
egopersonified:
I got married in Christ embassy without any issues. I noticed it is those that run after pastors and they know everything about you that always have these issues, so I just played floor member till I got married.

On point sis, I also got married at CEC with no issues.
Pastor met me one on one only when he was told about my planned marriage from my C leader, and he said his prayers and counsel.

Only the well known members face issues like this.

The only service I don't miss is the monthly communion.
Other sunday services my attendance is selected.
I pray in the comfort of my room and watch pastor videos to hear preaching.
#everythingaboutmeisspreading.
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by tripleace(m): 5:21pm On Jul 26, 2016
I ALSO AM A MEMBER OF CHRIST EMBASSY AND I DONT THINK WHAT THE OP SAID IS FOUNDED. MODERATOR, PLS CONFIRM SOURCE BEFORE PUTTING A STORY ON FP. I HAVE A LOT OF RESPECT FOR NL BUT YOU SEEM TO WANT TO GET ATTENTION BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY.
@ OP
IF WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IS RIGHT, AS MANY HAVE ASKED, POST THE BRANCH OF THE CHURCH, NOT EVEN THE NAME OF THE PASTOR ( OR YOU UNCLE)AND THE TIME TO WHICH HIS WEDDING WAS SCHEDULED TO TAKE PLACE AND SEE IF JUSTICE WONT BE DONE.
BUT IF YOU DON'T DO THIS, BASED ON ANY REASON BEST KNOWN TO YOU- YOU HAVE DONE GREAT INJUSTICE BY POSTING UNCLARIFIED ACCUSATION AND I PRAY YOU UNDERSTAND THE GRAVITY OF WHAT YOU HAVE DONE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by tripleace(m): 5:29pm On Jul 26, 2016
shinel:

On point sis, I also got married at CEC with no issues.
Pastor met me one on one only when he was told about my planned marriage from my C leader, and he said his prayers and counsel.

Only the well known members face issues like this.

The only service I don't miss is the monthly communion.
Other sunday services my attendance is selected.
I pray in the comfort of my room and watch pastor videos to hear preaching.
#everythingaboutmeisspreading.

POSTING THAT ARE YOU ARE A MEMBER AND ONLY ATTEND COMMUNION SERVICE, MISSING CELL MEETING ET AL. AND CHOOSING WHICH SUNDAY SERVICE TO ATTEND.
WAOOO. THIS IS DEFINITELY NOT A TESTIMONY WORTHY OF EMMULATION.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

6 Things That Choke/kill Ones Spiritual Life / David Oyedepo To Nigerians: 2020 Is A Year Of Breaking Limits / Nigeria Adopts Jordan As Permanent Pilgrimage Destination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.