Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Lagos Targets N1trn Yearly Budget In Two Years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Targets N1trn Yearly Budget In Two Years (6476 Views)

2018 Proposed Budget In Summary! / Ambode: News Lagos Targets N1trn Yearly Budget In Two Years. / Why I Won’t Sign 2016 Budget In A Hurry — Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Targets N1trn Yearly Budget In Two Years by Nobody: 3:22am On Jul 26, 2016
The Lagos State government will reduce dependence on federal allocation and increase its Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) to N30bn monthly in 2017 and N50bn monthly in 2018, and hit a yearly budget of N1trn by 2018.

It also said it will scale up and run efficient revenue collection machinery through the convergence of operations of Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) and utilisation of cutting edge technologies.

This was disclosed at a four-day retreat for members of the State Executive Council, body of Permanent Secretaries and heads of government agencies and parastatals at the VIP Chalets in Badagry.

In a communiqué issued at the end of the retreat themed, Reflect, Reappraise, Restrategise: Raising the Bar of Governance, the government said participants intensively deliberated on the six pillars of Lagos State Development Plan (LSDP), which are infrastructural development, sustainable environment, finance, economic development, social development and security and governance.

Speaking on the budget goal, Lagos State Commissioner for Economic Planning and Budget, Mr. Akinyemi Ashade, said though the target is ambitious, measures were being adopted to achieve it.

He said: "It requires thinking and what we are going to do differently is ensure that we use technology to drive it, in terms of automation and collection. What we are also going to ensure is that the whole reform around consumption taxes is taken to another level.

"The land administration system, the Geographic Information System (GIS), will support this initiative. We believe that once we are through with the automation of the processes, reform in the consumption tax administration in the state, and blocking of all loopholes, we will have the right funding to finance all these plans. And we will not forget one critical fact, which is that all is about Public Private Partnership because we are also going to use that to drive implementation of our plan."

http://odili.net/news/source/2016/jul/25/1.html

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Targets N1trn Yearly Budget In Two Years by MayorofLagos(m): 3:51am On Jul 26, 2016
Great expectations!
More funding for DAWN.

10 Likes

Re: Lagos Targets N1trn Yearly Budget In Two Years by AxeurdaddyIX: 3:53am On Jul 26, 2016
Eko oni baje.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Targets N1trn Yearly Budget In Two Years by thecrush: 7:58am On Jul 26, 2016
Increasing tax

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Targets N1trn Yearly Budget In Two Years by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 26, 2016
And here is another state governor whose passion is Ponmo. How Ekiti the fountain of knowledge ended up with this clown is still a mystery to sane minds. Shame sad sad

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Targets N1trn Yearly Budget In Two Years by MsBisi10: 7:59am On Jul 26, 2016
hmmm
Re: Lagos Targets N1trn Yearly Budget In Two Years by adioolayi(m): 7:59am On Jul 26, 2016
Lagos...Moving Forward

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Targets N1trn Yearly Budget In Two Years by twilliamx(m): 8:00am On Jul 26, 2016
Ambo ATI dey.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Targets N1trn Yearly Budget In Two Years by giantstrides(m): 8:01am On Jul 26, 2016
Lagos State is always the Pace setter in developmental strides, i believe the state has got what it takes to achieve it.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Targets N1trn Yearly Budget In Two Years by blacktwist(m): 8:01am On Jul 26, 2016

1 Like

Re: Lagos Targets N1trn Yearly Budget In Two Years by Pavore9: 8:02am On Jul 26, 2016
Lagos State is the MVP! cool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Targets N1trn Yearly Budget In Two Years by Integrityfarms(m): 8:02am On Jul 26, 2016
If other states would look inwards to what they can derive from IGR, this nation would have accelerated development but the parasitic north will never allow resource control to see the light of the day!

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Targets N1trn Yearly Budget In Two Years by mickeyenglish(m): 8:02am On Jul 26, 2016
Post No Bill
Re: Lagos Targets N1trn Yearly Budget In Two Years by blacktwist(m): 8:06am On Jul 26, 2016
Yea they can meet the target... lasgidi's one month revenue equals london's 1 year revenue... that's why lagos remains one of the most populous state or should I say city in Africa.. and thank God the state has a good and competent governor to handle those revenues unlike one ponmo cutter... #justsaying#

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Targets N1trn Yearly Budget In Two Years by Greenbuoy(m): 8:09am On Jul 26, 2016
Itesiwaju eko lo jewa logun!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Targets N1trn Yearly Budget In Two Years by BlackSeptember: 8:10am On Jul 26, 2016
blacktwist:
Yea they can meet the target... lasgidi's one month revenue equals london's 1 year revenue... that's why lagos remains one of the most populous state or should I say city in Africa.. and thank God the state has a good and competent governor to handle those revenues unlike one ponmo cutter... #justsaying#
Too early to smoke that stuff

29 Likes

Re: Lagos Targets N1trn Yearly Budget In Two Years by osayuwamwen(m): 8:13am On Jul 26, 2016
Lagos the only country inside a country..

10 Likes

Re: Lagos Targets N1trn Yearly Budget In Two Years by Ahzyz(m): 8:18am On Jul 26, 2016
Wow good[b] BUT
[/b]

Remember does who work for it {civil servant}
Re: Lagos Targets N1trn Yearly Budget In Two Years by Cholls(m): 8:18am On Jul 26, 2016
BlackSeptember:
Too early to smoke that stuff
my brother the thing wey pain me be say na garri im drink sleep yesterday.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Targets N1trn Yearly Budget In Two Years by obembet(f): 8:20am On Jul 26, 2016
proud to be a Southwesterner not like other state in ..... that focus on destroying their future cos of BUHARI which I believe that there children will never forgive them in future

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Targets N1trn Yearly Budget In Two Years by Ijaya123: 8:22am On Jul 26, 2016
blacktwist:

Are you serious? Please give us a link to verify this claim.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Targets N1trn Yearly Budget In Two Years by abumeinben(m): 8:22am On Jul 26, 2016
Hope the plan isn't to increase the levy of those he banned from selling on the road side?
Re: Lagos Targets N1trn Yearly Budget In Two Years by hariorh: 8:26am On Jul 26, 2016
If only other states could make this their priority too. But... cry

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Targets N1trn Yearly Budget In Two Years by johnstar(m): 8:26am On Jul 26, 2016
undecided
Re: Lagos Targets N1trn Yearly Budget In Two Years by matamaros: 8:27am On Jul 26, 2016
IT'S ACHIEVABLE I KNOW BECAUSE I TRUST AMBODE
Re: Lagos Targets N1trn Yearly Budget In Two Years by 400billionman: 8:42am On Jul 26, 2016
shocked

1 Like

Re: Lagos Targets N1trn Yearly Budget In Two Years by omenka(m): 8:42am On Jul 26, 2016
joborskill:
And here is another state governor whose passion is Ponmo. How Ekiti the fountain of knowledge ended up with this clown is still a mystery to sane minds. Shame sad sad
Rotflmao!! gringrin

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Targets N1trn Yearly Budget In Two Years by madenigga(m): 8:45am On Jul 26, 2016
obembet:
proud to be a Southwesterner not like other state in ..... that focus on destroying their future cos of BUHARI which I believe that there children will never forgive them in future
see this parasite go nd develop ur osun grin
Re: Lagos Targets N1trn Yearly Budget In Two Years by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 26, 2016
matamaros:
IT'S ACHIEVABLE I KNOW BECAUSE I TRUSTED AMBODE
Present or past tense?
Re: Lagos Targets N1trn Yearly Budget In Two Years by Ajibel(m): 8:46am On Jul 26, 2016
Abeg see government wey sabi. Ride on Ambo. Eko o Ni baje.
Re: Lagos Targets N1trn Yearly Budget In Two Years by matamaros: 8:48am On Jul 26, 2016
Deatheater:

Present or past tense?
I MEAN TRUST THANKS FOR DETECTING THE ERROR

(1) (2) (Reply)

Barcanista, Obiageli, Omenka And Donphilopus Challenge PDP Warriors For Debate / PHOTOS: Lawmakers Hold Ramadan Prayer Session / Akwa Ibom Govt Refuses To Release Report On Church Collapse That Killed 27

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.