Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Asaba, South Eastern Nigeria, 1900 (photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Asaba, South Eastern Nigeria, 1900 (photo) (2120 Views)

Biafra: I Saw This In A South Eastern State Today(photos) / Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region / Eastern Consultative Assembly Elects Nnamdi Kanu As New Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asaba, South Eastern Nigeria, 1900 (photo) by ExAngel007(f): 8:39am On Jul 26, 2016
Re: Asaba, South Eastern Nigeria, 1900 (photo) by ManMountain(m): 8:41am On Jul 26, 2016
OP.
Get your fact right. Asaba has never been in history part of SE.
Re: Asaba, South Eastern Nigeria, 1900 (photo) by ExAngel007(f): 8:46am On Jul 26, 2016
ManMountain:
OP.
says who?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asaba, South Eastern Nigeria, 1900 (photo) by Young03(m): 8:49am On Jul 26, 2016
Delta state is south south but asaba hmmm

u said south east op
OK nah...the people wey sabi go soon come
Re: Asaba, South Eastern Nigeria, 1900 (photo) by ManMountain(m): 8:50am On Jul 26, 2016
ExAngel007:
says who?

Says history. Never was it in the Eastern part, South Eastern part. It was in the Western region, before Azikwe colluded with his masters in Northern People Congress to carve out Mid-Western Region.
Now tell me where in your own history book you have Asaba as been located anywhere in the SE.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asaba, South Eastern Nigeria, 1900 (photo) by alade112(m): 8:54am On Jul 26, 2016
Asaba! South Eastern Nigeria Ke U re wrong Anyway Nice pix

1 Like

Re: Asaba, South Eastern Nigeria, 1900 (photo) by nijabazaar: 9:02am On Jul 26, 2016
Asaba is in the North East....i wonder what u guys are sayin.

The Asaba that i know and reside in, along DLA road is in Nort Eastern Nigeria.

Op check ur facts right.....tongue

Its always amusin to see Afonjas desperately tryin to separate d union of SE and SS

7 Likes

Re: Asaba, South Eastern Nigeria, 1900 (photo) by Nobody: 9:02am On Jul 26, 2016
ExAngel007:
says who?
u r a girl. Be careful of what u talk.. In delta we av no minority. All equal that's why governorship is given to any region. However if u mention Asaba as a eastern region becux of some strangers who migrated from Onitsha n other neigbouring towns to come do business. I will take it personal On You.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asaba, South Eastern Nigeria, 1900 (photo) by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 26, 2016
ManMountain:

Says history. Never was it in the Eastern part, South Eastern part. It was in the Western region, before Azikwe colluded with his masters in Northern People Congress to carve out Mid-Western Region.
Now tell me where in your own history book you have Asaba as been located anywhere in the SE.
.. If u agree with me dat some south eastern states r Niger Deltan States, then u can claim Asaba for all i Care. If not shut Up
Re: Asaba, South Eastern Nigeria, 1900 (photo) by medpren: 9:05am On Jul 26, 2016
uupgrade:
u r a girl. Be careful of what u talk.. In delta we av no minority. All equal that's why governorship is given to any region. However if u mention Asaba as a eastern region becux of some strangers who migrated from Onitsha n other neigbouring towns to come do business. I will take it personal On You.

Proudly tell us your tribe.
Re: Asaba, South Eastern Nigeria, 1900 (photo) by ManMountain(m): 9:10am On Jul 26, 2016
uupgrade:
.. [s]If u agree with me dat some south eastern states r Niger Deltan States, then u can claim Asaba for all i Care. If not shut Up[/s]

Which school did you attend?. Go back there and meet your English teacher and seek a refund of tuition fee you paid.

3 Likes

Re: Asaba, South Eastern Nigeria, 1900 (photo) by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 26, 2016
medpren:

Proudly tell us your tribe.
Full Blooded Ijaw. Proud of my Kinds Like Jonathan. Tompolo. Africa. Peper Clark. Timi Dakolo. Ben Bruce. King Aj Tunner. Amar Pepple. Owei Azazi. Oronto Douglas. Patrick Ziakede. Kingsley Kuku. Agbani Darego. Harisson. Timaya. N .ETC. Proud of My Neigbours Like Chief Ogboru, Ibori, Nelson Wike. Okowa. Etc.
Re: Asaba, South Eastern Nigeria, 1900 (photo) by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 26, 2016
ManMountain:

Which school did you attend?. Go back there and meet your English teacher and seek a refund of tuition fee you paid.
thank God u where wise enough to detect that i was wrong. Hope u detect ur flaws too by claiming Asaba as a part of eastern region. Won't tell u to go back to school, i don't insult people so cheaply.
Re: Asaba, South Eastern Nigeria, 1900 (photo) by Yujin(m): 9:16am On Jul 26, 2016
OP, though I understand where you are coming from, you still need to be corrected. Asaba was formally in western Nigeria and was known part of what was called western Igbos by the British. Then, they were carved into the mid western region together with Benin shortly before the civil war. It was gowon who formed the first states that put Asaba into the old Bendel state. At present, they are part of Delta state after ABacha formed Delta and Edo states from Bendel state. So traditionally, Asaba though being Igbos were not part of eastern Nigeria. Let this put a permanent 'shut up' to mischief makers.
Nne, continue with your thread.

6 Likes

Re: Asaba, South Eastern Nigeria, 1900 (photo) by ManMountain(m): 9:21am On Jul 26, 2016
uupgrade:
thank God u where wise enough to detect that i was wrong. Hope u detect ur flaws too by claiming Asaba as a part of eastern region. Won't tell u to go back to school, i don't insult people so cheaply.

Did you read my earlier comment properly at all? How could I have claimed that Asaba is in Eastern region?
Re: Asaba, South Eastern Nigeria, 1900 (photo) by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 26, 2016
ManMountain:

Did you read my earlier comment properly at all? How could I have claimed that Asaba is in Eastern region?
u don't av to prove anything to Me.
Re: Asaba, South Eastern Nigeria, 1900 (photo) by Noneroone(m): 10:06am On Jul 26, 2016
Yujin:
OP, though I understand where you are coming from, you still need to be corrected. Asaba was formally in western Nigeria and was known part of what was called western Igbos by the British. Then, they were carved into the mid western region together with Benin shortly before the civil war. It was gowon who formed the first states that put Asaba into the old Bendel state. At present, they are part of Delta state after ABacha formed Delta and Edo states from Bendel state. So traditionally, Asaba though being Igbos were not part of eastern Nigeria. Let this put a permanent 'shut up' to mischief makers.
Nne, continue with your thread.
you are correct. But your explanation is on the political geography aspect. Most places in the so called 'south-south' actually fall within the geographical southeast. Places like cross Rivers and akwa ibom are even more south eastern than the political south east. If you hear foriegn media report events in asaba or Rivers state, they call them SE nigeria b'cos they rely on simple geography and not geopolitical categorization in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Asaba, South Eastern Nigeria, 1900 (photo) by Ugomba(m): 10:17am On Jul 26, 2016
ExAngel007:

https://mobile.facebook.com/theafricaarchive/photos/a.780681312032954.1073741828.779505818817170/804045076363244/?type=3&refid=7&_ft_=qid.6311532236751937181%3Amf_story_key.-1252844697547617061%3Aei.AI%405c78cf7fb21b3a380e445961de6a0942&__tn__=E
Whats ur purpose of posting this? The photo editor made a mistake.
I am an Ogwashi Ukwu indigene in Delta North, I will not stand here and watch you cause division between Anioma and South East Igbos.
Asaba is an Anioma Igbo Town, founded by Nnebisi.
Your divide and conquer is old and worn out now.

10 Likes

Re: Asaba, South Eastern Nigeria, 1900 (photo) by medpren: 10:54am On Jul 26, 2016
uupgrade:
Full Blooded Ijaw. Proud of my Kinds Like Jonathan. Tompolo. Africa. Peper Clark. Timi Dakolo. Ben Bruce. King Aj Tunner. Amar Pepple. Owei Azazi. Oronto Douglas. Patrick Ziakede. Kingsley Kuku. Agbani Darego. Harisson. Timaya. N .ETC. Proud of My Neigbours Like Chief Ogboru, Ibori, Nelson Wike. Okowa. Etc.

Do you believe in One nigeria (which is based on fulani terms) or do you think the 'Igbos are the problem'?
Re: Asaba, South Eastern Nigeria, 1900 (photo) by waxxydude: 11:22am On Jul 26, 2016
uupgrade:
u don't av to prove anything to Me.
Lol. Dude you guys were on same page, try read his comment again.
Re: Asaba, South Eastern Nigeria, 1900 (photo) by marshborn(m): 11:23am On Jul 26, 2016
ManMountain:
OP.
Please where is the north north?
Re: Asaba, South Eastern Nigeria, 1900 (photo) by waxxydude: 11:26am On Jul 26, 2016
nijabazaar:
Asaba is in the North East....i wonder what u guys are sayin.

The Asaba that i know and reside in, along DLA road is in Nort Eastern Nigeria.

Op check ur facts right.....tongue

Its always amusin to see Afonjas desperately tryin to separate d union of SE and SS
Is it just me, cause i see this as a bloody by-force attache. OR why else was this stupid thread created?
Re: Asaba, South Eastern Nigeria, 1900 (photo) by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 26, 2016
medpren:

Do you believe in One nigeria (which is based on fulani terms) or do you think the 'Igbos are the problem'?
check my signature to know dat
Re: Asaba, South Eastern Nigeria, 1900 (photo) by Yujin(m): 12:38pm On Jul 26, 2016
Noneroone:
you are correct. But your explanation is on the political geography aspect. Most places in the so called 'south-south' actually fall within the geographical southeast. Places like cross Rivers and akwa ibom are even more south eastern than the political south east. If you hear foriegn media report events in asaba or Rivers state, they call them SE nigeria b'cos they rely on simple geography and not geopolitical categorization in Nigeria.
I'm Igbo and highly proud of it and I stand by Igbo unity any day and at all cost. Asaba and by extension all Anioma are Igbos. I have never discriminated nor will ever do so to any Igbo group. I so desire and at present work assiduously to have all our clans under one umbrella for I believe in the unique features of each and every clans of Igboland. Anioma was carved into western Nigeria simply because the river Niger was used as a natural boundary for regional dileanation and nothing more. They were all known as western Igbos. My response was specific on the subject matter and not about origin or where their loyalties lie today. For me, I regard any Anioma person as kinsman unless he proves otherwise. I stand for Igbo unity any day and any condition.

1 Like

Re: Asaba, South Eastern Nigeria, 1900 (photo) by cocoduck: 1:41pm On Jul 26, 2016
Igbo and class is like 5 and 6 form is temporary but class is permanent.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Must Revolt Now – Elder Statesman Maitama Sule / Fear Grows Over Governor Wike's Assasination / NLC, TUC, CSO To Hold Protest On Thursday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.