Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,204 members, 7,860,332 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:33 AM

7 Things You Should Never Say To Your Employee (vol 1) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 7 Things You Should Never Say To Your Employee (vol 1) (337 Views)

10 Things To Never Say To Your Boss / How To Reward Your Employee As A Startup / Hilarious Chat Between A Boss And His Employee(snapshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

7 Things You Should Never Say To Your Employee (vol 1) by Pajude: 11:34am On Jul 26, 2016
Certain words are better left unsaid for the good of both the speaker and the listener. In the case of employer-employee situation, diplomacy in tensed situations is always a better card to play. As a boss, you are a leader and great leaders inspire their followers not rob them of the confidence they have. So you might want to avoid the following direct statements to your employees:

This is my company

Of course, your name is written in capital letters on the products or you call the shots all the time, which is what they already know, there is no need to rub it in their faces. Do not forget that though you are the boss you need others to keep your business alive. It is currently running because different people are performing different duties that only you cannot handle. You have to see them as your team and not just people you pay to work for you; see them as partners and not beggars. Telling an employee that he is not important or needed in your company by saying those words could affect their commitment to the job.
I don’t care what you think
My dear, you have to pay attention to what they think because what they think is likely to revolutionize your business positively. You do not have all the knowledge and certainly not the creativity that is relative and particular to different individuals. Contributions, suggestions and feedback should be entertained and considered for the good of the business, and for fostering a healthy employer-employee relationship. Don’t care about what they think and they will stop caring enough to think critically on ways to project the company higher than it already is.

I knew you would fail

Confidence is a requisite for success. Whenever things don’t happen the way it is planned and the first thing you do is own up that you had little faith in them, you kill whatever aota of confidence they have left. And so whenever a new assignment pops up they are more likely to fail than excel because you do not believe in them. A person’s self-esteem is very key and you do not want to be found killing it; instead, groom it and you’ll be astounded at the level of success that will come. Let them know you trust their decisions, their actions, and their methods, and that you know they will succeed. It works. Even if things go south, that belief will keep them gunning for success despite the setback.

Stamp your feet on the ground whenever common sense calls for it and move on; but don’t be too difficult all the time. I guess what I’m trying to say is that you find a balance.

Source: nerveng.com

(1) (Reply)

Introducing Sketch Up Pro. / Laugh Out Loud / To Design Your Future You Have To Let Go Of Your Past

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.