Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,682 members, 7,955,529 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:26 AM

Some Real Estate Questions - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Some Real Estate Questions (759 Views)

Intelligent Real Estate Questions And Amazing Answers / Behind The Scenes In The Real Estate Agents Business / Real Estate In Nigeria: What Is It Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Some Real Estate Questions by K2: 4:07pm On Sep 17, 2009
Hi all, I have some questions that hopefully the house could direct me in the right path. I'm considering going massively into Real Estate in different parts of Nigeria: specifically, Lagos, PH, Abeokuta and Ibadan, Abuja.
1.In all these cities, where are areas of high demand for rental purposes commercial and residential?

2. Between Opebi in Ikeja, Ikoyi & V/I which should command higher premium when one wants to buy a land or property comparing same size lots/buidlings?

3. Do one need an agent all the time to market their buildings for rent or sale?

4. Which of the above cities have witnessed higher real estate appreciation than others?

Thanks for your inpt.
Re: Some Real Estate Questions by thirdeye(m): 8:04pm On Sep 17, 2009
I think all the places mentioned are ok but Lagos seems to have an edge over the rest.

Rates a high in abuja quite alright but the rich people that will rent them aren't as much, so except for the few well to do most of the people working in Abuja are in the outskirt where rents are relatively cheap.

PH another investors haven that is when the Ikwerre e.t.c people finally gives you rest of mind from incessant demands from I should be the one to supply diesel to I will be the one to supply planks and human beings that are going to work 4 u- In otherwords their demands can wear u out. But rent very very high.

Ibadan cheap most comfortable from the lots but few money bags compare to the rest.

Abeokuta is just peaceful but don't really see d need, I may be wrong.

2. Opebi Ikeja, Ikoyi, V/I all a rated same depends on the purpose, for commercial then expect higher returns if building in the right place.

3. Why not I think is better to use an agent you don't want to make others rich grin grin Agents can actually get you clients that are going to pay more so 4get the commission they will collect, you'll make better decision using them, though u can sell without them if u so wish.

4.Lagos no matter how will still beat the rest putting into considerations a lot of factors.

(1) (Reply)

Cheap 30 Plots Of Land For Sale Lekki Epxress / Wanted Urgently: Plots Of Land With C Of O Isheri-idimu / Lasu-igando Road / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.