Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,109 members, 7,835,743 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

In Need Of A Freelance Maid? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / In Need Of A Freelance Maid? (1209 Views)

I Caught My Husband Sucking My Niece’s Breast, Sleeping With Our Maid -wife / Ex-Banker Impregnates Wife’s Maid (Photo) / Wife Of Zambia Man Who Is A Maid To Chinese Man Delivers Asian-looking Baby (pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Need Of A Freelance Maid? by dahmie2013: 5:42pm On Jul 26, 2016
Hello ppl,
If u're interested in the services of a freelance maid, who will do all ur household chores aside from ironing and cooking, kindly send a mail 2 dammysusie@gmail.com.
Pls include d following in your mail;
1. Name
2. Home Address
3. Phone number.

Fees: They are as follows;
1. Mainland
a) Bungalow: 2,500
b) Duplex: 5,000

2. Island
a) Bungalow: 3,500
b) Duplex: 7,000

Work Period: Weekdays from 8am.

Work commences tomorrow.

Thanks for your patronage! smiley
Re: In Need Of A Freelance Maid? by Mille: 8:21pm On Jul 26, 2016
Pardon! 5K per what?

1 Like

Re: In Need Of A Freelance Maid? by yetseyi(f): 8:23pm On Jul 26, 2016
Is it 7k/5k per day or per week or per what?

Kindly clarify because of potential clients.
Re: In Need Of A Freelance Maid? by dahmie2013: 8:35pm On Jul 26, 2016
@all sorry, it's per day. It's been modified. It includes services like washing toilets & bathrooms, mopping and things u don't do on a daily basis. Thanks!
Re: In Need Of A Freelance Maid? by Gboliwe: 2:36am On Jul 27, 2016
What exactly is this maid's job description that is worth the amount since she can't cook and iron?

dahmie2013:
Hello ppl,
If u're interested in the services of a freelance maid, who will do all ur household chores aside from ironing and cooking, kindly send a mail 2 dammysusie@gmail.com.
Pls include d following in your mail;
1. Name
2. Home Address
3. Phone number.
Fees: Anywhere on the Island is 7k and Mainland is 5k per day.
Work Period: Weekdays from 8am.
Work commences tomorrow.
Thanks for your patronage! smiley

3 Likes

Re: In Need Of A Freelance Maid? by dahmie2013: 3:37am On Jul 27, 2016
Gboliwe:
What exactly is this maid's job description that is worth the amount since she can't cook and iron?

Thanks 4 d questn. We have sweeping, dusting, removing cobwebs, scrubbing toilets & bathroom, washing & mopping. Understd dat some women don't like doing these tasks. Dey find it difficult & time consuming.
Re: In Need Of A Freelance Maid? by veave(f): 5:48am On Jul 27, 2016
i wish this woman that comes here to clean stays in lag... she has children to feed
Re: In Need Of A Freelance Maid? by Onegai(f): 9:56am On Jul 27, 2016
dahmie2013:

Thanks 4 d questn. We have sweeping, dusting, removing cobwebs, scrubbing toilets & bathroom, washing & mopping. Understd dat some women don't like doing these tasks. Dey find it difficult & time consuming.

All those tasks you listed above, most people would rather do them than wash and iron. That's why washermen exist a lot. Plus, if you are hired only once a week, your client has to pay N25,000 or N31,000 per month, for 4 days of work. For that price, you can easily get an adult live-in help who will do all and more, daily, in Lagos. So you've priced yourself out of the market. Anyhoo, all the best.

2 Likes

Re: In Need Of A Freelance Maid? by dahmie2013: 10:28am On Jul 27, 2016
Onegai:

All those tasks you listed above, most people would rather do them than wash and iron. That's why washermen exist a lot. Plus, if you are hired only once a week, your client has to pay N25,000 or N31,000 per month, for 4 days of work. For that price, you can easily get an adult live-in help who will do all and more, daily, in Lagos. So you've priced yourself out of the market. Anyhoo, all the best.
Thanks! Ppl are very skeptical about stay @ home maids, some are lazy & easily get distracted cos of TV. Remember, dey will be fed, accommodated & even schooled @times. I'm not asking 4 those. Also some of dese tasks are not 2 be done everyday. 4 instance washing bathrooms & toilets are not done everyday.
Re: In Need Of A Freelance Maid? by yetseyi(f): 1:51pm On Jul 27, 2016
dahmie2013 your price is quite on the high side, except you only want high end clients which you may not get as often as you will get an average income earner.
Re: In Need Of A Freelance Maid? by dahmie2013: 1:57pm On Jul 27, 2016
yetseyi:
dahmie2013 your price is quite on the high side, except you only want high end clients which you may not get as often as you will get an average income earner.
Thanks! What do u den propose?
Re: In Need Of A Freelance Maid? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 27, 2016
Hello op, its true yur prize is on the high side, if there is no washing of.clothes and ironing inclusive.. Almost every woman out there can wash their toilets and bathrooms and mop floors with the right mop stand and detergent.
I will suggest, add washing and ironing. Then the 5k per day is fair ..
If not? Reduce it to N3k per day, without washing clothes and ironing..
And its Not as if u r going to be in one home, 24hrs depending on how fast and clean u finish yur task..
U will see clients calling yur number for jobs
Re: In Need Of A Freelance Maid? by yetseyi(f): 2:46pm On Jul 27, 2016
dahmie2013:

Thanks! What do u den propose?

Well 2,500 per day for mainland, 3,00-3,500 for the island or more it depends. I would have thought the amount of dirt, type of house(especially this factor) would determine how much you charge or is it going to be a flat rate for a bedroom with one toilet , a 3bedroom with 2toilets or a duplex with more than 3 rooms and 3toilets.The amount of work you will do will be quite different charging 4k for a duplex and 4k for a flat wont be fair to you because you will do more work in the duplex.

If you will be bringing the cleaning materials you can inflate the price a bit maybe 3k then 4k for island. I believe this price can be for a start you can increase later.

I think you should outline a rate for different kinds of apartments.

If you want to leave out washing and ironing its OK. Cleaning a house can be a whole days Job without washing and a lot of people do give their clothes to wash man already.
I really don't see how feasible it is to wash dry iron and do a throughouh cleaning within 8working hours you have to rest tootoo and luckily you may be able to clean 2 placeswithin the same axis the same day depending on how much work is needed to be done.

Some factors may also determine e price if you are going to go to Ikorodu for e.g you may want to add some more money to the fixed price to add to your tfare.

All in all just work on the pricing but don't forget you have to make profit too.
Re: In Need Of A Freelance Maid? by dahmie2013: 3:04pm On Jul 27, 2016
yetseyi:

Well 2,500 per day for mainland, 3,00-3,500 for the island or more it depends. I would have thought the amount of dirt, type of house(especially this factor) would determine how much you charge or is it going to be a flat rate for a bedroom with one toilet , a 3bedroom with 2toilets or a duplex with more than 3 rooms and 3toilets.The amount of work you will do will be quite different charging 4k for a duplex and 4k for a flat wont be fair to you because you will do more work in the duplex.

If you will be bringing the cleaning materials you can inflate the price a bit maybe 3k then 4k for island. I believe this price can be for a start you can increase later.

I think you should outline a rate for different kinds of apartments.

If you want to leave out washing and ironing its OK. Cleaning a house can be a whole days Job without washing and a lot of people do give their clothes to wash man already.
I really don't see how feasible it is to wash dry iron and do a throughouh cleaning within 8working hours you have to rest tootoo and luckily you may be able to clean 2 placeswithin the same axis the same day depending on how much work is needed to be done.

Some factors may also determine e price if you are going to go to Ikorodu for e.g you may want to add some more money to the fixed price to add to your tfare.

All in all just work on the pricing but don't forget you have to make profit too.
Thanks a lot. However, it's persons living in 3 or 2 bedroom, duplexes dat can afford such facilities. Also, I'm only going 2 clean a house per day and I excluded cooking & ironing not washing. I can review based on d flats, like u rightly highlighted. A duplex will maintain d status quo, a bungalow on mainland will be 2500 and 3500 on d island. How does dat sound?
Re: In Need Of A Freelance Maid? by yetseyi(f): 3:18pm On Jul 27, 2016
dahmie2013:

Thanks a lot.[/b] However, it's persons living in 3 or 2 bedroom, duplexes dat can afford such facilities.[b] Also, I'm only going 2 clean a house per day and I excluded cooking & ironing not washing. I can review based on d flats, like u rightly highlighted. A duplex will maintain d status quo, a bungalow on mainland will be 2500 and 3500 on d island. How does dat sound?

Sounds fair, outline your costs and ensure you make a decent profit.

@bolded that can easily be a wrong assertion, just include a mini flat in your pricing list (I meant a bedroom flat in my initial post not one bedroom).
Re: In Need Of A Freelance Maid? by dahmie2013: 3:20pm On Jul 27, 2016
yetseyi:

Sounds fair, outline your costs and ensure you make a decent profit.

@bolded that can easily be a wrong assertion, just include a mini flat in your pricing list (I meant a bedroom flat in my initial post not one bedroom).
Thanks!

(1) (Reply)

My Personal Experience With A Hen (pic) / Best Moving Company in Lagos / I Dont Want To Be A Doctor.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.