Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,796 members, 7,810,074 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

Gas Flaring At WRPC Ekpan Warri For Days (pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gas Flaring At WRPC Ekpan Warri For Days (pics) (20749 Views)

Nigeria Loses $850m To Gas Flaring / When Will Gas Flaring In Niger Delta Stop??? / Bishop Arrested In Warri For Sponsoring Avengers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gas Flaring At WRPC Ekpan Warri For Days (pics) by 2sexynet: 7:01pm On Jul 26, 2016
chuose:
[size=14pt]No more Oil for the North let them go back to their Groundnuts angry angry angry

No more Oil for the South-West, let the sophisticated people rediscover cocoa cool cool cool

The South-South & South-East are you ready to RUMBLEEEEEEEEE!!!! grin grin grin grin grin[/size]
remove south south from your life. They do not want us. They are south south and they have nothing in come with Igbos. This what people have been saying.Stop tagging south south along. They do not want it. Is that too hard for you people to maintain?

2 Likes

Re: Gas Flaring At WRPC Ekpan Warri For Days (pics) by Emu4life(m): 7:05pm On Jul 26, 2016
chuose:
[size=14pt]No more Oil for the North let them go back to their Groundnuts angry angry angry

No more Oil for the South-West, let the sophisticated people rediscover cocoa cool cool cool

The South-South & South-East are you ready to RUMBLEEEEEEEEE!!!! grin grin grin grin grin[/size]
when SSners want to talk, dey refer to demselves as NDeltans but wen ipod yoots want to talk, dey say SS and SE. Shuuuu!!! PARASITISM na by force?

1 Like

Re: Gas Flaring At WRPC Ekpan Warri For Days (pics) by Kirigidi(m): 7:14pm On Jul 26, 2016
Fran6ik:
Serious Gas Flaring/polution At WRPC Ekpan Warri For Days (pics)

For the past two days these smokes as a result of gas flaring at the Refinery has been a thing of worry to the Ekpan Residents of the oil rich Warri City. We see this once in a while befor just for some hours but now for days it has been this serious.
The effects of this polution is far more Expemsive to the N145 per litre PMS they are processing for us.

Pics below
Last two pics is the view of the Smokes from my Residential apartment.
Ekpan is in Uvwie not Warri, pls!
Re: Gas Flaring At WRPC Ekpan Warri For Days (pics) by bayelsaowei(m): 7:15pm On Jul 26, 2016
Candyrain:
The "u're destroying ur environment" crew should speak up now.

I'm waiting...
they can't. ..They are freaking hypocrites....If only they know how long the Niger delta has suffered from gas flarings and spills from leaky pipes due to negligence from both the mumu nnpc and IOC's they won't hyperventilate when we push for resource control...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gas Flaring At WRPC Ekpan Warri For Days (pics) by Confuciusng(m): 7:15pm On Jul 26, 2016
This is nothing new. I have lived in warri all my life, and it has always been like this. This is the way it is. WRPC has always flared that good poisonous gas.

1 Like

Re: Gas Flaring At WRPC Ekpan Warri For Days (pics) by khadaffi(m): 7:22pm On Jul 26, 2016
ba7man:
I schooled in Warri and it burned day and night for years.

Whenever it stopped, it meant somthing was wrong or maintainance was ongoing.

I graduated in 2008, during my time there I can't even remember if there was anytime it stopped. If it stopped, maybe I didn't notice.

1 Like

Re: Gas Flaring At WRPC Ekpan Warri For Days (pics) by EROMS38(m): 7:25pm On Jul 26, 2016
chuose:

yes ooooooo we are ready to rumbleeeeeee ooooo grin

1 Like

Re: Gas Flaring At WRPC Ekpan Warri For Days (pics) by tempest02: 7:37pm On Jul 26, 2016
They should keep in refining....it is their environment.

When they start having sense, they will stop refining and save their environment. [Afonja et al, 2016] grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Gas Flaring At WRPC Ekpan Warri For Days (pics) by alexarelano(m): 8:26pm On Jul 26, 2016
And my gas cooker is empty here sad embarassed
Re: Gas Flaring At WRPC Ekpan Warri For Days (pics) by chuose: 8:50pm On Jul 26, 2016
Emu4life:
when SSners want to talk, dey refer to demselves as NDeltans but wen ipod yoots want to talk, dey say SS and SE. Shuuuu!!! PARASITISM na by force?
2sexynet:
remove south south from your life. They do not want us. They are south south and they have nothing in come with Igbos. This what people have been saying.Stop tagging south south along. They do not want it. Is that too hard for you people to maintain?

WE ARE TIRED OF DIVIDE AND RULE
If the Ijaws & Niger Delta are not with IPOB then why is Dokubo Asari in Owerri?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU_9HoOU8go

If the Niger Delta are not with the IPOB why did GEJ appoint an IPOB person to be his Chief of Army Staff?

If you remember that the NDA gave a warning to Buhari not to come to Ogoni through Radio Biafra?
Do you give out sensitive info through outsiders?

Please the South-West, we the Niger Delta are united with the South-East.
Enjoy your partnership with the North, angry angry angry
while we enjoy our partnership with the South-East grin grin grin

TAKE YOUR DIVIDE & RULE AND ENJOY THE NORTH grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Gas Flaring At WRPC Ekpan Warri For Days (pics) by abike12(f): 8:50pm On Jul 26, 2016
In all my years of working at refineries I've never seen something like this. Please tell me it's Photoshop?

1 Like

Re: Gas Flaring At WRPC Ekpan Warri For Days (pics) by Greenback: 8:51pm On Jul 26, 2016
ba7man:
No be yourubaland so your cup of shepe. undecided
see am,nø be yorubaland,but if na nda blow pipe now,una go turn environmental activists...

1 Like

Re: Gas Flaring At WRPC Ekpan Warri For Days (pics) by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 26, 2016
I used to b in Warri. and all my 6+ years i schooled there i ve neva seen d flame stack off. mayb exception of days i didnt notice it. Agreed its a pollutant to d environment which definitely will aid in depletion of d ozone layer. However i dont think d regulatory agencies such as FEPA,Nesrea etc will av d power to shut d WRPC. because its just like telling a Dog to bite itself. its not possible. Dats because its a govt parastatal.

Furthermore i know their EIA or EIS report of dia Emission result will definitely not pass if compared wth standards however dia would av been some mitigating measures put in place for such negative impact to d environment.
Meanwhile i heard d facility was situated far away from residential areas (I cant recollect d kilometres now) as @ time it was built. but as time went on community boys started encroaching into d area to sell land to gullible persons. Perharps we cant say Govt is @ fault in this case.

But since una dey shout say refinery no dey work. now dem don start operation so make una nor complain.

But on a serious note this activity is jeopardizing "environmental sustainability"

shikena
Re: Gas Flaring At WRPC Ekpan Warri For Days (pics) by DeltaOil: 9:07pm On Jul 26, 2016
Emu4life:

2sexynet:

[size=13pt]See these scratch faces oh, wetin concern una?
Una choose the North, we choose the South-East. grin
Jealousy dey bite una.

Make una read below, we are UNITED AGAINST THE OIL LYCHEES

Make no mistake the SS & SE stands united.

Delta Assembly adopts resolutions of South-South, South-East joint session[/size]

RESOLUTIONS of the joint parliamentary ses­sion of the South-South and South-East state Houses of Assembly held in Owerri, Imo State have been adopted by the Delta State House of Assembly.

The joint parliamentary session took resolutions on two key issues affect­ing the two geo-political zones.

Majority Leader of Delta State House of Assembly, Tim Owhefere moved the motion, which was unani­mously adopted during plenary yesterday.

Owhefere, who doubles as the chairman, House Committee on Informa­tion, told newsmen after the plenary that the two key issues were the Graz­ing Reserve Bill before the National Assembly and the Niger Delta question.

He explained that the regional lawmakers con­demned the bill on the grazing reserve, as it was another obnoxious Land Use Act that had impacted negatively on the people.

He said it was observed that about 80 percent of land in the geopolitical zones were already cov­ered by oil exploration and exploitation with the attendant pollution, say­ing that the remaining 20 percent in use for farming and other purposes cannot be ceded for the purpose of cattle grazing.

Owhefere emphasised that the regional legisla­tors rejected the Grazing Reserve Bill, saying it was anti-people of the two zones and challenged the federal lawmakers to do the needful by throwing out the bill for the sake of unity of the country.

On the situation in the Niger Delta region, Ow­hefere said the joint ses­sion took a stand against pipeline vandalism in the area but urged the Federal Government to reassess its present disposition on the issue.

He stated that it was resolved that the federal government should enter into a peaceful dialogue with critical stakeholders in the zones to resolve the dispute and operate with­in the rules of engagement without incurring collat­eral damage similar to that of Odi massacre of 1999.

http://sunnewsonline.com/delta-assembly-adopts-resolutions-of-south-south-south-east-joint-session/

2 Likes

Re: Gas Flaring At WRPC Ekpan Warri For Days (pics) by BABAODU: 9:11pm On Jul 26, 2016
Pls Mr Fashola, invest in big gas turbines, set up gas turbine farms in this areas that has aboundant natural gas that we are stupidly flaring up at the moment. That way we can generate electricity at cheaper rate and you can reduce tariff.

Let's continue to share this till our slow reasoning leaders take cue from our suggestions and give us a much desirable Nigeria!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gas Flaring At WRPC Ekpan Warri For Days (pics) by macaranta(m): 9:12pm On Jul 26, 2016
Gas flaring sometimes is a necessary safety control measure, if it goes on for days with black smoke then it's a cause for concern.

1 Like

Re: Gas Flaring At WRPC Ekpan Warri For Days (pics) by abike12(f): 9:27pm On Jul 26, 2016
Maybe the steam ratio is off. It could be harmless sha
Re: Gas Flaring At WRPC Ekpan Warri For Days (pics) by 12inchDickson: 9:39pm On Jul 26, 2016
akinsal:
I used to b in Warri. and all my 6+ years i schooled there i ve neva seen d flame stack off. mayb exception of days i didnt notice it. Agreed its a pollutant to d environment which definitely will aid in depletion of d ozone layer. However i dont think d regulatory agencies such as FEPA,Nesrea etc will av d power to shut d WRPC. because its just like telling a Dog to bite itself. its not possible. Dats because its a govt parastatal.

Furthermore i know their EIA or EIS report of dia Emission result will definitely not pass if compared wth standards however dia would av been some mitigating measures put in place for such negative impact to d environment.
Meanwhile i heard d facility was situated far away from residential areas (I cant recollect d kilometres now) as @ time it was built. but as time went on community boys started encroaching into d area to sell land to gullible persons. Perharps we cant say Govt is @ fault in this case.

But since una dey shout say refinery no dey work. now dem don start operation so make una nor complain.

But on a serious note this activity is jeopardizing "environmental sustainability"

shikena
just like an environmental engineer would say
Re: Gas Flaring At WRPC Ekpan Warri For Days (pics) by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 26, 2016
You just pack come Ekpan new.This flaring don dey for years.Na Federal Govt na dey do am so.I wonder if we get hope at all.
Re: Gas Flaring At WRPC Ekpan Warri For Days (pics) by kayfra: 9:50pm On Jul 26, 2016
chuose:

It's easy to spot a Ugandan. Attaché by force.
Re: Gas Flaring At WRPC Ekpan Warri For Days (pics) by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jul 26, 2016
ba7man:
I schooled in Warri and it burned day and night for years.

Whenever it stopped, it meant somthing was wrong or maintainance was ongoing.

Thanks ...

It's Normal. ..it means the plants are working

It only stops during turnaround maintenance or when there is a faulty system in the plant or when there is absolutely no production .
Re: Gas Flaring At WRPC Ekpan Warri For Days (pics) by saintdennis(m): 10:09pm On Jul 26, 2016
Integrityfarms:
The Afonjas Environmentalist is now in hiding but when the NDA See such as a provocation and launch an attack, you will hear them gushing out trash from their brown infested roof tips and the likes of Omenka spewing thrash!

Have u googled china? Pls enlighten yourself, you're too young to suffer from brain myopia
Re: Gas Flaring At WRPC Ekpan Warri For Days (pics) by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 26, 2016
abike12:
In all my years of working at refineries I've never seen something like this. Please tell me it's Photoshop?

You must be working in the oil Palm refining plant in Ekpan
to say make dat statement ..

Sometimes change in the chemical content of the feedstock or environmental condition determines the "thickness of the fume" .Also whenever the plant is restarted.

You should be Observant. ..
Re: Gas Flaring At WRPC Ekpan Warri For Days (pics) by anethcharly(m): 10:24pm On Jul 26, 2016
ba7man:
No be yourubaland so your cup of shepe. undecided

But na una get big mouth to they curse niger delta wen dey save una ass

1 Like

Re: Gas Flaring At WRPC Ekpan Warri For Days (pics) by abike12(f): 10:25pm On Jul 26, 2016
Sempumping:

You must be working in the oil Palm refining plant in Ekpan
to say make dat statement ..

Sometimes change in the chemical content of the feedstock or environmental condition determines the "thickness of the fume" .Also whenever the plant is restarted.

You should be Observant. ..

for days on end though? i've actually never seen a smoking flare because we use steam here. i showed it to my supervisor and he said the steam ratio can cause it but it shouldn't be for days on end. i'm ok with learning , no time for insults.

1 Like

Re: Gas Flaring At WRPC Ekpan Warri For Days (pics) by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 26, 2016
abike12:

for days on end though? i've actually never seen a smoking flare because we use steam here. i showed it to my supervisor and he said the steam ratio can cause it but it shouldn't be for days on end. i'm ok with learning , no time for insults.

No fights ..."Don't take it serious"

so many factors can cause it ,am sure it uld stop /go back to normal soon ..

I thought u meant u were working at WRPC ,that was y i gave u that small insult ..

I didn't read your 1st post well.

Sorry ko

All am saying is it's possible and WRPC Plant uses Steam too. .
Re: Gas Flaring At WRPC Ekpan Warri For Days (pics) by abike12(f): 10:46pm On Jul 26, 2016
Sempumping:

No fights ..."Don't take it serious"

so many factors can cause it ,am sure it uld stop /go back to normal soon ..

I thought u meant u were working at WRPC ,that was y i gave u that small insult ..

I didn't read your 1st post well.

Sorry ko

All am saying is it's possible and WRPC Plant uses Steam too. .

Oh ok, no problem. This is the what the flare looks like at my facility so imagine my shock. That would have made the news here for sure cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Gas Flaring At WRPC Ekpan Warri For Days (pics) by Pylony(m): 11:22pm On Jul 26, 2016
lielbree:
That's why we need regional resource control.
Those will oil block licence are far away in Abuja or the north. They don't feel the impact of their great wealth.

THE NORTH IS INCREDIBLY RICH! It is laziness to diversify the economy that have made the north poverty stricken. The north does not need ND oil.

Let's all push for the restructuring of our country.

1 Like

Re: Gas Flaring At WRPC Ekpan Warri For Days (pics) by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jul 26, 2016
abike12:

Oh ok, no problem. This is the what the flare looks like at my facility so imagine my shock. That would have made the news here for sure cheesy

yeah I see..

which refinery u @?

Same reason it made Fp I guess ..

I have a problem with Gas flaring ...I really don't know it's advantage over other methods asides the cheap cost of the plant.

Anyway Bye
Re: Gas Flaring At WRPC Ekpan Warri For Days (pics) by kingsmecca(m): 12:19am On Jul 27, 2016
I believe something is wrong somewhere, Gas flaring doesn't generate so much carbon when burnt, are they sure this is not crude oil they are burning? This should be what I called Crude Flaring. It's a pity.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ivara Esu Holding Umbrella For Ben Ayade (Photos) / Olutoyin Olakunrin's 80th Birthday Party. Ibikunle Amosun Attends (Photos) / What Nigeria Will Look Like In 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.