Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,655 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

Campaign For Promoting Reading Culture - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Campaign For Promoting Reading Culture (555 Views)

Bibliophobia; The Moribund Art Of Reading / What's The Most Captivating Story You Are Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Campaign For Promoting Reading Culture by JoyceMeyersFan(f): 10:21pm On Jul 26, 2016
When you hear "my people perish because of lack of knowledge," its more serious than you think.
Successful people excel because of the knowledge they have. The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is only the extra. That 'extra' is a function of knowledge. It baffles me when a person stands on a senseless opinion when certain life issues are being discussed. When a person speaks, his/her level of knowledge is exposed. And its very easy to spot a reader and a non-reader by the way they reason. ‪

Books expose you and take you places you have never been to.
Books reveal the way legends and successful people think.
Books expand your imaginations.

I asked my father if he has any thing he regrets as he ages and he said; "I wish i started reading motivational/inspirational books earlier in life." ‪I have gotten a lot of testimonies from people who actually read the books i gave them and i have taken it upon me to open people's eyes to the amazing things that lie hidden in books.

Africans have a poor reading culture and lots of excuses like:
-i have no time to read
-i see no difference between my life and that of people that read
-who wrote the books? does he/she have two heads?
-i am always too tired after work to read
-i will just fall asleep once i am not reading for exams

When you are busy, but hungry, you will find something to eat. If you recognize the importance of knowledge to your soul, you will find a way to read. You can decide to download eBooks on your mobile devices so you read on the go. You can also download audio messages because faith comes by hearing. What you listen to feeds your soul and affects your life. ‪
Take a critical look at the quote below:
"The quality of your character and your capacity to achieve anything on this planet cannot be better than the quality of information that comes insides you." -Sam Adeyemi

like us on facebook: www.facebook.com/mrbooks

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

CALL FOR ENTRIES: Philosophy Through Fiction Short Story / Ronke Disu Interviews Steve Shaba Of Kraft Boooks On The Literati / The Almajiri Boys (A Short Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.