Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,856 members, 7,820,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Abuja Landlord Removes Tenants’ Roof; N45,000 Missing - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Abuja Landlord Removes Tenants’ Roof; N45,000 Missing (16129 Views)

Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) / Landlord Blasts Outgoing Tenants Over Toilet Misuse: "Are These Humans Or Pigs?" / 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Landlord Removes Tenants’ Roof; N45,000 Missing by Dexema(m): 11:28am On Jul 27, 2016
Solomon is a thanlord. grin
Re: Abuja Landlord Removes Tenants’ Roof; N45,000 Missing by Thukzee01(m): 11:28am On Jul 27, 2016
Noted
Re: Abuja Landlord Removes Tenants’ Roof; N45,000 Missing by jackie35(m): 11:29am On Jul 27, 2016
DONSMITH123:
A 50-year-old landlord, Solomon Kudu, allegedly removed the roof of his tenants’ apartment and stole one of the tenant’s N45,000, offences for which he was arraigned, yesterday, by the Police in a Lugbe Grade 1 Area Court, Abuja.

Kudu, a resident of Suka village, Airport Road, Abuja, is facing a two-count charge of mischief and theft, preferred against him by police.

The Prosecuting Counsel, Ukoha Ndidi, told the court that Benjamin Nyor and Abubakar Zainab, of the same address, reported the incident at Iddo Police Station on July 15. Ndidi said the defendant had intentionally climbed up and removed the rooftop of their apartment, while they were not at home.

She further told the court that the defendant broke into Zainab’s apartment and stole her N45,000. The prosecutor said the offence contravened Sections 287 and 95 of the Penal Code. However, Kudu pleaded not guilty to the charges.

The presiding officer, Mr. Garba Ogbede, granted bail to the defendant in the sum of N100,000 with two sureties each in like sum. Ogbede said that the sureties must not be less than grade level eight officers in the federal civil service and must reside within the jurisdiction of the court.

He adjourned the case till August 31 for hearing.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/abuja-landlord-removes-tenants-roof-n45000-missing/

I smelled foul play here, hope the poor landlord was not framed up because he removed the roof. Ok o there is God o

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Landlord Removes Tenants’ Roof; N45,000 Missing by calyto: 11:32am On Jul 27, 2016
DONSMITH123:
A 50-year-old landlord, Solomon Kudu, allegedly removed the roof of his tenants’ apartment and stole one of the tenant’s N45,000, offences for which he was arraigned, yesterday, by the Police in a Lugbe Grade 1 Area Court, Abuja.

Kudu, a resident of Suka village, Airport Road, Abuja, is facing a two-count charge of mischief and theft, preferred against him by police.

The Prosecuting Counsel, Ukoha Ndidi, told the court that Benjamin Nyor and Abubakar Zainab, of the same address, reported the incident at Iddo Police Station on July 15. Ndidi said the defendant had intentionally climbed up and removed the rooftop of their apartment, while they were not at home.

She further told the court that the defendant broke into Zainab’s apartment and stole her N45,000. The prosecutor said the offence contravened Sections 287 and 95 of the Penal Code. However, Kudu pleaded not guilty to the charges.

The presiding officer, Mr. Garba Ogbede, granted bail to the defendant in the sum of N100,000 with two sureties each in like sum. Ogbede said that the sureties must not be less than grade level eight officers in the federal civil service and must reside within the jurisdiction of the court.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/abuja-landlord-removes-tenants-roof-n45000-missing/

Not always true. Some tenants will refuse to pay house rent and also refuse to leave the apartment. When you are forced to remove the roof of the house since you want them to leave at all cost, they will take you to court that money was stolen when the roof was removed.
An Ibo man in my former compound did thesame thing

1 Like

Re: Abuja Landlord Removes Tenants’ Roof; N45,000 Missing by Thriveplus: 11:32am On Jul 27, 2016
OLE LANDLORD!!
Re: Abuja Landlord Removes Tenants’ Roof; N45,000 Missing by amuokuko: 11:39am On Jul 27, 2016
The lady sef try quote just 45k, if nah me Millions got lost both in cash nd jewelries..

Nah the Landlord go dey beg me make I pity his ass.
Re: Abuja Landlord Removes Tenants’ Roof; N45,000 Missing by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 27, 2016
Batlan01:
ahahhahahahhahahahahaha... werey landlord
anyways, check my signature

Guy, work on your profile picture so the letterings can be clearer and readable
Re: Abuja Landlord Removes Tenants’ Roof; N45,000 Missing by msogunro: 12:00pm On Jul 27, 2016
DONSMITH123:

I'm sure the tenant didn't have #45K and provided no evidence that she did and that it was stolen. You can make up anything in Naija and the defedant will be guilty.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Landlord Removes Tenants’ Roof; N45,000 Missing by Ofemmanu1: 12:03pm On Jul 27, 2016
AntiWailer:
There is high chance that he did not steal 1 naira.

That is the normal scope to deal with crazy Landlords. grin grin
That is cheating..
Ogun won't delay such st.upid cheats with fatal justice.
Re: Abuja Landlord Removes Tenants’ Roof; N45,000 Missing by Raph01: 12:27pm On Jul 27, 2016
AyaSunday:

Guy, work on your profile picture so the letterings can be clearer and readable
Thanks Sir
Re: Abuja Landlord Removes Tenants’ Roof; N45,000 Missing by FASTLINK1: 12:30pm On Jul 27, 2016
the landlord did not steal anything, if he wanted to steal, he would have done that without passing through the roof. who goes stealing through the roof? tenant simply did not pay and equally refused to move out, hence the removal of the roof of which did not pan out well.

The landlord would have done it intelligently, or better-still, lock her out of the house.
Re: Abuja Landlord Removes Tenants’ Roof; N45,000 Missing by msogunro: 12:34pm On Jul 27, 2016
FASTLINK1:
the landlord did not steal anything, if he wanted to steal, he would have done that without passing through the roof. who goes stealing through the roof? tenant simply did not pay and equally refused to move out, hence the removal of the roof of which did not pan out well.

The landlord would have done it intelligently, or better-still, lock her out of the house.

Is that legal?
Re: Abuja Landlord Removes Tenants’ Roof; N45,000 Missing by DONSMITH123(m): 12:46pm On Jul 27, 2016
FASTLINK1:

Is that the best way to handle the situation?
Re: Abuja Landlord Removes Tenants’ Roof; N45,000 Missing by 400billionman: 2:11pm On Jul 27, 2016
Airforce1:
serves him right

Thief of a landlord.

You dont even have the full story and you have concluded. The court can only handle what is reported before it

Smoke only emanates from fire..
Re: Abuja Landlord Removes Tenants’ Roof; N45,000 Missing by 400billionman: 2:14pm On Jul 27, 2016
ojun50:
Tenant should also pay there rent on time, if u can't make it in due time discussed with the landlord befor he come to ask for his money.

Stop waiting for the landlord to come.

Thank you.

Nigerians always speak from their own point of interest..
Re: Abuja Landlord Removes Tenants’ Roof; N45,000 Missing by dadaijboy: 2:34pm On Jul 27, 2016
Endtime landlord
Re: Abuja Landlord Removes Tenants’ Roof; N45,000 Missing by amacastel: 2:38pm On Jul 27, 2016
calyto:

Not always true. Some tenants will refuse to pay house rent and also refuse to leave the apartment. When you are forced to remove the roof of the house since you want them to leave at all cost, they will take you to court that money was stolen when the roof was removed.
An Ibo man in my former compound did thesame thing

My man is passing tru d same odeal now the 2 tenants have not paid for 1yr and 2months now both nepa hills and house rent,they signed undertaking with d Dpo of d area station to leave by 30th June only for them to write to there landlord via a lawyer that d undertaking they signed is by duress and they have being serve 6months notice which has expire,1month and 7days notice yet they refuse to leave even wen my man have asked them to leave without payment. So I believe that's exactly wot happen some tenants are so wicked and heartless and deserves worse.by weekend we are removing the roof very early in d morning wen they will be around cos going to court they will stay in dt house 4 another 1yr without payment cos our judiciary system is so porous and ineffective.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Landlord Removes Tenants’ Roof; N45,000 Missing by Jakess: 2:40pm On Jul 27, 2016
very funny, if them get 45k dem for pay house rent na

Re: Abuja Landlord Removes Tenants’ Roof; N45,000 Missing by abuaudu(m): 11:39pm On Jul 27, 2016
There is high chance that he did not steal 1 naira.
Re: Abuja Landlord Removes Tenants’ Roof; N45,000 Missing by ancientbanana: 7:02am On Jul 28, 2016
Airforce1:
serves him right

Thief of a landlord.
I can best u the landlord did not do such a thing. I believe he was accused wrongly by the wicked tenant. Mostly likely the usual happened, tenant has refused to pay for house rent for years n landlord not able to get him out. the only way landlord's now use to get such tenants out is to remove the roof and it usually works, especially in raining season
Re: Abuja Landlord Removes Tenants’ Roof; N45,000 Missing by ancientbanana: 7:05am On Jul 28, 2016
dadaijboy:
Endtime landlord
wake up kid. When u build ur own house n rent it out u will understand.
Re: Abuja Landlord Removes Tenants’ Roof; N45,000 Missing by dadaijboy: 1:45pm On Jul 28, 2016
ancientbanana:
wake up kid. When u build ur own house n rent it out u will understand.
Grandpa thank u sir
Re: Abuja Landlord Removes Tenants’ Roof; N45,000 Missing by ancientbanana: 7:27pm On Jul 28, 2016
dadaijboy:
Grandpa thank u sir
ur welcome my grand child
Re: Abuja Landlord Removes Tenants’ Roof; N45,000 Missing by dadaijboy: 9:03pm On Jul 28, 2016
ancientbanana:
ur welcome my grand child
ok

1 Like

Re: Abuja Landlord Removes Tenants’ Roof; N45,000 Missing by no1madman(m): 11:03pm On Jul 28, 2016
[quote author=amuokuko post=47931244]The lady sef try quote just 45k, if nah me Millions got lost both in cash nd jewelries..

Nah the Landlord go dey beg me make I pity his ass.[/quotei ey

i dey pity u. . . u no pay rent but u get millions 4 house. . .

i support d Landlord. . if u get properties,u go understand. . .
Re: Abuja Landlord Removes Tenants’ Roof; N45,000 Missing by no1madman(m): 11:20pm On Jul 28, 2016
ancientbanana:
I can best u the landlord did not do such a thing. I believe he was accused wrongly by the wicked tenant. Mostly likely the usual happened, tenant has refused to pay for house rent for years n landlord not able to get him out. the only way landlord's now use to get such tenants out is to remove the roof and it usually works, especially in raining season
correct. . .A liar = A THief . . .in some cases they r worse than a thief. . . .

D wicked Tenant want harvest where he no plant. . . . .

1 Like

Re: Abuja Landlord Removes Tenants’ Roof; N45,000 Missing by amuokuko: 12:00am On Jul 29, 2016
[quote author=no1madman post=47981074][/quote]

Come I did not not inherit mine like u did but the truth is that we must follow the rules while evicting people after all we were once tenants..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Commercial Property Really An Investment / AFFORDABLE Land AND HOUSES FOR SALE @ IBEJU LEKKI, IKORODU, SHIMAWA, OTA ABUJA / Land Investment Myths And The Truth About Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.