Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,075 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Mikel To Captain Team Nigeria At Rio Olympics - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel To Captain Team Nigeria At Rio Olympics (14559 Views)

Efe Ajagba Knocks Nigel Paul Out In Round One in 23 Seconds At RIO Olympics / katsuyatakasu, A Japanese To Reward Nigerian Players At Rio Olympics (picture) / Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel To Captain Team Nigeria At Rio Olympics by livinbygrace: 12:35pm On Jul 27, 2016
Nothing good can come out from the useless team Nigeria...Since dat boy call Mikel join Super Eagle,Nigerian performance has been reduced to nothing or zero...I miss the days of Okocha,Yekini,Amokachi,Amunike..Not this over hyped player.

1 Like

Re: Mikel To Captain Team Nigeria At Rio Olympics by meltiplexer: 12:37pm On Jul 27, 2016
let hope he can lead the team to win gold,that is what will need Nigerian for now. Naijabet man say so
Re: Mikel To Captain Team Nigeria At Rio Olympics by ikorodureporta: 12:42pm On Jul 27, 2016
I ws complaining abt his inclusion in d football team, now he is leading the whole team.......who God hath blessed let no man curse. He is blessed!
Re: Mikel To Captain Team Nigeria At Rio Olympics by translux(m): 12:42pm On Jul 27, 2016
Omo see gobe
Re: Mikel To Captain Team Nigeria At Rio Olympics by OnuohaEDOZIE(m): 12:42pm On Jul 27, 2016
veekid:
Has he improve with his slow playing style?
..have you improved in your English writing skill?

3 Likes

Re: Mikel To Captain Team Nigeria At Rio Olympics by SamMilla1(m): 12:45pm On Jul 27, 2016
veekid:
Has he improve with his slow playing style?

Have you found your soccer boot size in the Nike shop?
Re: Mikel To Captain Team Nigeria At Rio Olympics by martineverest(m): 12:45pm On Jul 27, 2016
y is everybody clueless in nigeria?what happened to okagbare,segun toriola and oyedeji olumide?

1 Like

Re: Mikel To Captain Team Nigeria At Rio Olympics by martineverest(m): 12:48pm On Jul 27, 2016
stevebond007:
1001 reasons why, Dalong Solomon knows nothing bout football, Segun Toriola with more olympic experience than Mikel. The man Toriola who when he is on the spotlight he will be referred to as a record all time African to compete in olympics, he should also carry Nigeria's banner. Funny Dalong.
the tin taya me o......oyededi olumide or toriola would have been perfect cos of their xperience and age.......okagbare would av been ok,so as to encourage her(as our only medal hopeful)

1 Like

Re: Mikel To Captain Team Nigeria At Rio Olympics by Haryohdeji(m): 12:49pm On Jul 27, 2016
robosky02:
Chelsea FC midfielder and Super Eagles captain Mikel Obi has been named Captain of Team Nigeria to the 2016 Olympic Games at Rio in Brazil, which begins on August 5.

A statement on Tuesday by Nneka Ikem-Anibeze, Special Assistant on Media to Youths and Sports Minister Solomon Dalung, also named Funke Oshonaike as the Assistant Team Captain.

Mikel is one of the three over-aged players invited to the national under-23 football team for the Games.

He is making his first appearance at an Olympic Games, after missing out on the 2008 edition in Beijing, China where he was widely expected to make an appearance.

Table tennis star Oshonaike is making her sixth appearance at the Olympics after she made her debut at the Atlanta Games in 1996.

“Mikel and Oshonaike were chosen because of their consistency, patriotism and dedication to national assignments.

“Mikel is a young, patriotic footballer of international status and we believe he will be a role model to the upcoming athletes, while Oshonaike is experienced and is one of the oldest athletes in the team.

“We believe that their combined efforts will bring goodwill to Team Nigeria and project the county’s image positively to the world,’’ Ikem-Anibeze said in the statement.

The Dream Team VI, Team Nigeria’s male football side, is expected to depart for Rio from Atlanta in the U.S., where they have been training, on Friday.

Other athletes making up the team are however expected to leave Nigeria on the same day from Abuja.

http://punchng.com/mikel-captain-team-nigeria-rio-olympics/
I smell this will b d worst Olympic 9ja will attend so far....since no FG backup

1 Like

Re: Mikel To Captain Team Nigeria At Rio Olympics by emperorchedda(m): 12:49pm On Jul 27, 2016
chinex276:
In bubu's government everything is headed by mediocres... imagine mikel being captain of a whole olympic team, when he is nt even the 3rd captain in chelsea... cahill dat joined in 2012, ranks higher dan him 2 show dat he doesnt have the charisma of being a captain.
i tell u olympic dis year is a disaster waiting 2 happen.
quote me nd i send amadioha after u
Your foolishness is unrefined. How many players did better than Mikel since Hiddink became the coach? That he wasn't handed the captain band means nothing, if not Skrtel would have been causing a rift for not been handed the assistant captain instead of Milner.

Remove the sentimental log from your eyes

2 Likes

Re: Mikel To Captain Team Nigeria At Rio Olympics by penzy3rd(m): 12:57pm On Jul 27, 2016
first steps towards the right FAILURE
Re: Mikel To Captain Team Nigeria At Rio Olympics by oluxy(m): 1:01pm On Jul 27, 2016
Ok ooo. Just make us proud
Re: Mikel To Captain Team Nigeria At Rio Olympics by bittertruthz: 1:04pm On Jul 27, 2016
robosky02:
Chelsea FC midfielder and Super Eagles captain Mikel Obi has been named Captain of Team Nigeria to the 2016 Olympic Games at Rio in Brazil, which begins on August 5.

A statement on Tuesday by Nneka Ikem-Anibeze, Special Assistant on Media to Youths and Sports Minister Solomon Dalung, also named Funke Oshonaike as the Assistant Team Captain.

Mikel is one of the three over-aged players invited to the national under-23 football team for the Games.

He is making his first appearance at an Olympic Games, after missing out on the 2008 edition in Beijing, China where he was widely expected to make an appearance.

Table tennis star Oshonaike is making her sixth appearance at the Olympics after she made her debut at the Atlanta Games in 1996.

“Mikel and Oshonaike were chosen because of their consistency, patriotism and dedication to national assignments.

“Mikel is a young, patriotic footballer of international status and we believe he will be a role model to the upcoming athletes, while Oshonaike is experienced and is one of the oldest athletes in the team.

“We believe that their combined efforts will bring goodwill to Team Nigeria and project the county’s image positively to the world,’’ Ikem-Anibeze said in the statement.

The Dream Team VI, Team Nigeria’s male football side, is expected to depart for Rio from Atlanta in the U.S., where they have been training, on Friday.

Other athletes making up the team are however expected to leave Nigeria on the same day from Abuja.

http://punchng.com/mikel-captain-team-nigeria-rio-olympics/

They will not qualify for second round. Mikel is a mediocre and Nigeria is a joke.
A team with Mikel as captain is a joke.
Re: Mikel To Captain Team Nigeria At Rio Olympics by yommy04: 1:09pm On Jul 27, 2016
Drbarmes:
That means we will be watching our matches in slow motion
The last time I checked, Mikel Obi was a prominent member of the team that won the last biggest trophy for Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Mikel To Captain Team Nigeria At Rio Olympics by ifygbogwu: 1:23pm On Jul 27, 2016
crook[color=#990000][/color]nairalanders beware angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Mikel To Captain Team Nigeria At Rio Olympics by ifygbogwu: 1:24pm On Jul 27, 2016
hdtdrr:
crook[color=#990000][/color]nairalanders beware angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Mikel To Captain Team Nigeria At Rio Olympics by pek(m): 1:26pm On Jul 27, 2016
Mikel and Oshonaike were chosen because of
their consistency, patriotism and dedication to
national assignments.

These are to words I agree in describing Mikel. His previous actions is a testimony to this. Wrong choice of captainship.
Re: Mikel To Captain Team Nigeria At Rio Olympics by oyesam2004(m): 1:37pm On Jul 27, 2016
... why mikel..... who else in d team....
Re: Mikel To Captain Team Nigeria At Rio Olympics by nigerianvenom(m): 1:55pm On Jul 27, 2016
sarzy:
Gone are the days when we had stars in the national team; days when a five-year-old boy could name all the first eleven players in the team. A player like Mikel wouldn't have made the squad then, let alone captain.

And who were those people, what did they achieved?
Re: Mikel To Captain Team Nigeria At Rio Olympics by nigerianvenom(m): 1:58pm On Jul 27, 2016
stevebond007:
1001 reasons why, Dalong Solomon knows nothing bout football, Segun Toriola with more olympic experience than Mikel. The man Toriola who when he is on the spotlight he will be referred to as a record all time African to compete in olympics, he should also carry Nigeria's banner. Funny Dalong.
What has toriola won in any of the Olympic apart from mere participating?
Mikel is a legend whom people people like toriola and Co watch week in week out.

1 Like

Re: Mikel To Captain Team Nigeria At Rio Olympics by tunderay(m): 1:59pm On Jul 27, 2016
dedons:
I pray Bullhari's body odour,Badluck and cluelessness does not affect the team.

By the way, why is there no Abokii or Afonja to handle the captaincy.
When will you stop been a mumu, how many captain do you expect a team to have. Everything about you is tribalism, to make a sensible contribution is a problem for you, to learn self na wahala, the only thing you know is to issue tribalistic statement, and if they call you an IPOB tout now,you will be crying like a baby.

1 Like

Re: Mikel To Captain Team Nigeria At Rio Olympics by nigerianvenom(m): 2:00pm On Jul 27, 2016
livinbygrace:
Nothing good can come out from the useless team Nigeria...Since dat boy call Mikel join Super Eagle,Nigerian performance has been reduced to nothing or zero...I miss the days of Okocha,Yekini,Amokachi,Amunike..Not this over hyped player.

As good as there were, they only won one nations cup which Mikel have so far achieved

1 Like

Re: Mikel To Captain Team Nigeria At Rio Olympics by nigerianvenom(m): 2:05pm On Jul 27, 2016
Haryohdeji:
I smell this will b d worst Olympic 9ja will attend so far....since no FG backup

The last Olympic, what was nigeria achievements? Nigeria won nothing in 2012 London summer Olympic. Not even a tea spoon

1 Like

Re: Mikel To Captain Team Nigeria At Rio Olympics by Codes151(m): 2:06pm On Jul 27, 2016
First mistake be that!
Re: Mikel To Captain Team Nigeria At Rio Olympics by jrusky(m): 2:11pm On Jul 27, 2016
Chibudollar:
My igbo brother I hail o

But biko bro no vex so in your life their is nothing you can say without mentioning tribe to heat up the house

Please what is your education level first of all

Mikel to captain simple but to you Nwanne its to say "Your Igbo brother what a hell is wrong with your head

And yet people like you want Biafra but hailing him in Nigeria jersey isn't and you think you are making sense I was expecting you to tell mIKEL to remove Nigeria jersey nah please biko go one side don't mess today up. Nonsense

Please Mikel I beg play well ok as you know you are in a position of role model so do well no lazy football ok. Goodluck Boy
Re: Mikel To Captain Team Nigeria At Rio Olympics by philipobiz: 2:17pm On Jul 27, 2016
hdtdrr:

Fake. Don't try sending anything. You will only be sending ur recharge card number to the crook
Re: Mikel To Captain Team Nigeria At Rio Olympics by stevebond007(m): 2:34pm On Jul 27, 2016
nigerianvenom:

What has toriola won in any of the Olympic apart from mere participating?
Mikel is a legend whom people people like toriola and Co watch week in week out.

He won gold dude. Get your facts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mikel To Captain Team Nigeria At Rio Olympics by tall2ce(m): 2:41pm On Jul 27, 2016
did I just read that Mikel is dedicated
Re: Mikel To Captain Team Nigeria At Rio Olympics by Chibudollar: 2:42pm On Jul 27, 2016
jrusky:

But biko bro no vex so in your life their is nothing you can say without mentioning tribe to heat up the house

Please what is your education level first of all

Mikel to captain simple but to you Nwanne its to say "Your Igbo brother what a hell is wrong with your head

And yet people like you want Biafra but hailing him in Nigeria jersey isn't and you think you are making sense I was expecting you to tell mIKEL to remove Nigeria jersey nah please biko go one side don't mess today up. Nonsense

Please Mikel I beg play well ok as you know you are in a position of role model so do well no lazy football ok. Goodluck Boy
May the thunder from Amadioha keep on firing u and your family for coming here on NL and start typing rubbish about me, when you don't even know me... Even trying to impose the Biafra on me, you don see protest b4... Guy shift and go check your education status abeg
Re: Mikel To Captain Team Nigeria At Rio Olympics by dedons: 2:44pm On Jul 27, 2016
tunderay:
When will you stop been a mumu, how many captain do you expect a team to have. Everything about you is tribalism, to make a sensible contribution is a problem for you, to learn self na wahala, the only thing you know is to issue tribalistic statement, and if they call you an IPOB tout now,you will be crying like a baby.
chai!

He pain am.
Re: Mikel To Captain Team Nigeria At Rio Olympics by zoomman(m): 2:52pm On Jul 27, 2016
Do2dtun:
I totally disagree with that toriola suppose to be the team captain
My thought actually....... angry
Re: Mikel To Captain Team Nigeria At Rio Olympics by dadaijboy: 3:01pm On Jul 27, 2016
Chai Nigeria don lose b dat na

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Brian Orakpo Celebrates His 34th Birthday Today / Scholes Wants Manchester United To Sign Wilfred Ndidi / Super Falcons Forward, Francisca Ordega, Signs Contract With Levante In Spain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.