Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,360 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

14 Rare Classic Pictures Of Nigeria In The 60’s - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 14 Rare Classic Pictures Of Nigeria In The 60’s (1068 Views)

14 Rare Classic Pictures Of Nigeria In The 60s and 70s / Nigerian Female Soldiers Back In The 60's (pictures) / 14 Rare Classic Pix Of Nigeria In The 60s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

14 Rare Classic Pictures Of Nigeria In The 60’s by boman2014: 10:57am On Jul 27, 2016
Nigeria, we hail thee, Our own dear native land, Though tribe and tongue may differ, In brotherhood we stand, Nigerians all are proud to serve Our sovereign Motherland.

Our flag shall be a symbol That truth and justice reign, In peace or battle honour’d And this we count as gain, To hand on to our children A banner without stain. O God of all creation, Grant this our one request, Help us to build a nation Where no man is oppressed, And so with peace and plenty Nigeria may be blessed.

Those were the very words Nigerians sang back in the 60’s and 70’s as our National Anthem.

A time where true patriotism reigned in the blood streams of every Nigerian and orderliness was seen from afar.

No one has to question twice who we were as a country and what we stood for. Conversing with our parents you could almost feel the joy and yearn for the old times and days where peace and plenty were in abundance.

I got a few pictures from the 60’s and 70’s that’s got me wishing I was born then. Compared to what we have now, should I say I prefer the olden days?
No doubt the ‘now’ has it’s pro’s but the
average Nigerian is yet to experience that. As a people, we still remain hopeful.

1. A street in Enugu State

2. Lagos Island

3. Lagos Yacht Club

4. University of Ibadan school gate

5. Ikorodu express-way

6. We were so orderly

7. The national carrier, Nigerian Airways

8. Tinubu Square

9. The Old Bata store

10. Barclays Bank. Our streets were so good we walked bare footed

11. A public tap in Lagos. Water flowed through them 24/7

12. Staff at the Centran Bank Of Nigeria. Now this kaind manual work I no like. Lol we just can’t have it all. Says who?

13. An old Guinness advert. Hmmmmmmmm!

14. Lagos Terminal- Nigerian Railway, Lagos- PHC

http://omgvoice.com/lifestyle/pictures-nigerian-in-the-60s/?geoip&country=NG
Re: 14 Rare Classic Pictures Of Nigeria In The 60’s by lordimmaogidi(m): 11:00am On Jul 27, 2016
So nice to Behold
Re: 14 Rare Classic Pictures Of Nigeria In The 60’s by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 27, 2016
No doubt the ‘now’ has it’s pro’s but the
average Nigerian is yet to experience that. As a people, we still remain hopeful.

Epic
Re: 14 Rare Classic Pictures Of Nigeria In The 60’s by NwaNimo1(m): 11:07am On Jul 27, 2016
Nigeria has been in decay ever since independence.....
Re: 14 Rare Classic Pictures Of Nigeria In The 60’s by nijabazaar: 11:13am On Jul 27, 2016
We cant dwell in the past. the original feelings of Utopia pre-1970 was lost.

the future must be charted now.
Re: 14 Rare Classic Pictures Of Nigeria In The 60’s by PEPPERified: 11:17am On Jul 27, 2016
Do we need to be recolonized? Were we not ready for Independence as at 1960? Like if you think we were not ready share if you think we were ready.
Re: 14 Rare Classic Pictures Of Nigeria In The 60’s by callmelanner(m): 11:28am On Jul 27, 2016
PEPPERified:
Do we need to be recolonized?
Were we not ready for Independence as at 1960?
Like if you think we were not ready share if you think we were ready.
We were ready but the greed of our leaders led to the deterioration of our nation till today!
Re: 14 Rare Classic Pictures Of Nigeria In The 60’s by dadaojames(m): 11:31am On Jul 27, 2016
Classic indeed
Re: 14 Rare Classic Pictures Of Nigeria In The 60’s by Confusionist(m): 11:37am On Jul 27, 2016
NwaNimo1:
Nigeria has been in decay ever since independence.....
oh no..

Look at that kite flying away in the sky...

Na ur sense, quick grab am!
Re: 14 Rare Classic Pictures Of Nigeria In The 60’s by Blackfire(m): 11:49am On Jul 27, 2016
If i say make thunder fire the people that ask for independence from the British... People will say am wicked.

Imagine the white left us alone in 2009...

Abeg Britain come and colonise us again.
Re: 14 Rare Classic Pictures Of Nigeria In The 60’s by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 27, 2016
SW had been making sense since time immemorial.

See the haggard looking UI of today looking like a school abroad then.

Our leaders finished us.

1 Like

Re: 14 Rare Classic Pictures Of Nigeria In The 60’s by Kenzico(m): 1:50pm On Jul 27, 2016
lipsrsealed Memories from the PAST

But the present condition we are living in has nothing to write home and abroad about

(1) (Reply)

I Cant In Good Conscience Receive Wages For Work Not Done–ayade’s SA Resigned / Keke Driver Crushed By Military In Yenagoa(photos) / PDP Breaks INTO Inec's Voter's Register Wit D Hep Of Austin Okojie,replaces Nam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.