Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,245 members, 7,811,688 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

PDP National Convention And The Future Of Nigeria Youths - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP National Convention And The Future Of Nigeria Youths (12421 Views)

Full List Of Elected PDP Officers At The National Convention 2017 / Profile Of Uche Secondus, PDP National Chairman AKA The “Total Chairman” / Youth Leader Killed After Arriving Abuja For PDP National Convention. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP National Convention And The Future Of Nigeria Youths by ndcide(m): 5:00pm On Jul 27, 2016
TonyeBarcanista, like I said in the other thread, this is a new idea and should not be dismissed. I like the idea of a well organized online team that is part of the mainstream party structure. Just that it's going to be difficult to separate it from the existing youth wing. ie, The one headed by the National youth leader.

This is very important as the PDP needs to work on it's image using a new approach. This is where I think this your directorate comes in. Honestly I don't mind if you are in charge of it Provided you know what you're doing and you're also well guided and monitored.

For now, the PDP haven't done much for itself. Actually, it's the stupidity of APC that is sustaining PDP at the moment. Also, is the mindset of those guys up north not to unsettle buhari. They should just know that if Nigeria remains one, after 2019, no major political party will have a northern candidate for president ;especially if buhari returns. They should have that at the back of their minds.

Maybe you should write to the party leadership and then tell those who are interested in the course how to come in. At least to give it the initial push it needs.

Will it require a constitutional change, For it to be solid? Things like this may not be too good being just a mere appendage of one of the major offices. Also how do you insulate this unit from moles.
Re: PDP National Convention And The Future Of Nigeria Youths by LFJ: 5:01pm On Jul 27, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

SOURCE: http://swiftreporters.com/pdp-national-convention-and-the-future-of-nigeria-youths/

This is a concept that will be very hard to sell; first, because of the level of maturity of our youths. Second, the concept is associated with expired product "PDP". And lastly, you with a tainted integrity as the seller and the promoter of this concept even make the case worst for our youth.

1 Like

Re: PDP National Convention And The Future Of Nigeria Youths by khadaffi(m): 5:05pm On Jul 27, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Maybe you should forget about prejudice and consider the pros and cons.

Bro to be sincere the call should have been for all youths or you look for a way to include youths who love the party but are not card carrying members. Since almost all youths are present in the online community.
Re: PDP National Convention And The Future Of Nigeria Youths by mpowa(m): 5:09pm On Jul 27, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Obviously, you didn't bother to read the post... Nigerian youth

Why try to Rebrand a bad product, why can't the youths start a whole new product. If you really care about this Nation, leave PDP and start a new party with new ideology and purpose, except there's something you're gaining there that you're not telling us. The vast majority of Nigerians have made up their minds about PDP and it's hard to change a made up mind. Even if APC fail, people will only move to a newer party, PDP is either dead or dying

1 Like

Re: PDP National Convention And The Future Of Nigeria Youths by pacino26(m): 5:12pm On Jul 27, 2016
yakubuadeiza:
@Hafin and Dcomrade, i think its better we think Nigeria and the youths first before segmented group or party affiliated group.

Lets think of how we can rise up as youth together before branching to your corner of party.

But still, nice piece i must confess.

We need to liberate ourselves from these so called leaders that only care for their pocket and their close allies.

Enough is enough

If you think so BBM 7B1EBDDA let's talk.
Re: PDP National Convention And The Future Of Nigeria Youths by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jul 27, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Sure but you can take down your number

Re: PDP National Convention And The Future Of Nigeria Youths by maestroferddi: 6:23pm On Jul 27, 2016
madridguy:
PDP is DEAD, no convention will bring back the satanic party alive.

APC ti take over. grin
You need to get across to Adams Oshiomhole in Edo State to ascertain whether PDP is dead. He is feeling the heat of
the strong likelihood of a PDP victory in the the forthcoming election.

This kind of silly comment is the reason the youth in APC have no reckoning.
Re: PDP National Convention And The Future Of Nigeria Youths by maestroferddi: 6:27pm On Jul 27, 2016
mpowa:

Why try to Rebrand a bad product, why can't the youths start a whole new product. If you really care about this Nation, leave PDP and start a new party with new ideology and purpose, except there's something you're gaining there that you're not telling us. The vast majority of Nigerians have made up their minds about PDP and it's hard to change a made up mind. Even if APC fail, people will only move to a newer party, PDP is either dead or dying
Why not speak for yourself other than making a very careless generalization?

PDP is still the most popular party in Nigeria, nay Africa.
Re: PDP National Convention And The Future Of Nigeria Youths by suolboy(m): 6:59pm On Jul 27, 2016
I Totally support you on this. I maybe APC, but I support what you wrote. the youths need to stand beside there own and also we need money to succeed in politics. And I think that is what we don't have like the old men who incidentally are the ones who don't want us to takeover.
Re: PDP National Convention And The Future Of Nigeria Youths by cutelover19(m): 7:18pm On Jul 27, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Unfirtunately, you would have understood that the article is not about PDP but a case for young people to be part of leadership
Mr Tonye, I'm a recent graduate of Engineering. please how can I join the PDP? Can we discuss via email. contact me on chimeziemichael21@gmail.com Thanks
Re: PDP National Convention And The Future Of Nigeria Youths by 4nobody4every1: 7:18pm On Jul 27, 2016
madridguy:

APC ti take over. grin
grin grin tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: PDP National Convention And The Future Of Nigeria Youths by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 27, 2016
madridguy:
You be confirm comedy not comedian. grin

grow up man
Re: PDP National Convention And The Future Of Nigeria Youths by Wabros: 7:50pm On Jul 27, 2016
Wammako/Ekweremadu 2019
Re: PDP National Convention And The Future Of Nigeria Youths by BishopEmmanuel(m): 8:39pm On Jul 27, 2016
madridguy:

APC ti take over. grin
See him teeth!
Re: PDP National Convention And The Future Of Nigeria Youths by mpowa(m): 8:55pm On Jul 27, 2016
maestroferddi:
Why not speak for yourself other than making a very careless generalization?

PDP is still the most popular party in Nigeria, nay Africa.

grin grin, keep living in lala land, na there you go dey? They're the most popular, let's see in 2019. A party based on sharing money, when the money is no more there for them to share, what will hold them together? Is that not evident already now?
Re: PDP National Convention And The Future Of Nigeria Youths by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 27, 2016
Power from God Almighty to d people. PDP will lead again. Proudly PDP!!!
Re: PDP National Convention And The Future Of Nigeria Youths by JossyOloye(m): 9:51pm On Jul 27, 2016
madridguy:

APC ti take over. grin
hmmm as your name depicts, mad dog, this post is not meant for you, you've said that you didn't read it, so I wouldn't come for your head, because if u read it, you wouldn't post this rubbish, simply cus the article and what you posted are like two different parallel lines, not in alignment, doesn't correlate... damned idiot
Re: PDP National Convention And The Future Of Nigeria Youths by liohan: 9:58pm On Jul 27, 2016
madridguy:

APC ti take over. grin
Guy why? If you no like pdp you no go go roll tyre? Abeg shift
Re: PDP National Convention And The Future Of Nigeria Youths by maestroferddi: 10:34pm On Jul 27, 2016
mpowa:

grin grin, keep living in lala land, na there you go dey? They're the most popular, let's see in 2019. A party based on sharing money, when the money is no more there for them to share, what will hold them together? Is that not evident already now?

Sorry, I dont do palm wine joint chit-chat.
Re: PDP National Convention And The Future Of Nigeria Youths by obainosis4real: 10:48pm On Jul 27, 2016
I love this if it isn't going 2 be politcs as usual.... PDP will rise again
Re: PDP National Convention And The Future Of Nigeria Youths by rrikado(m): 11:01pm On Jul 27, 2016
that article is for dying PDP party nd useless nd stupid article from useless PDP members.that convention will fail
Re: PDP National Convention And The Future Of Nigeria Youths by obainosis4real: 11:04pm On Jul 27, 2016
The PDP shud go into rebranding everytin about them ranging 4rm their name, in dat way, they can regain confidence 4rm pple.... After all d PDP is just a name so they can do somtin about it
Re: PDP National Convention And The Future Of Nigeria Youths by obainosis4real: 11:10pm On Jul 27, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

SOURCE: http://swiftreporters.com/pdp-national-convention-and-the-future-of-nigeria-youths/
pls mr Toney I want 2 join contact me via obinna.agbii@yahoo.com. 4rm d caption d program will b interesting. Thank you
Re: PDP National Convention And The Future Of Nigeria Youths by calvin0324: 6:15am On Jul 28, 2016
@tonye nice story/piece you have out here but I think we as youths of this great nation should think of better ways of improving the lives of our communities n nation @ large. The issue at hand clearly shows that it is not about giving NPS/DNPS/NYL/DNYL to a youth,but giving that office to the "right youth". Well as as for me( a strong PDP supporter) the major political parties(APC n PDP inclusive) in Nigeria have no political ideology,they can't answer the "why" question,the question of "sincerity of purpose" or what they believe in.so for me let us focus all these energy on building a movement/party motivated by a question "why" we do what we do not "how we do it" or " what we do". PDP and APC currently has a very bad taste in mouths of the citizens so I think we should do away with old completely or better still change the name/rebrand party with a proper idealogy or better still form a new movement/party by the young but for all(old+young)who believe in "why" we do what we do
Re: PDP National Convention And The Future Of Nigeria Youths by calvin0324: 6:22am On Jul 28, 2016
calvin0324:
A response to tonyebarcasnita. I think we as youths of this great nation should think of better ways of improving the lives of our communities n nation @ large. The issue at hand clearly shows that it is not about giving NPS/DNPS/NYL/DNYL to a youth,but giving that office to the "right youth". Well as as for me( a strong PDP supporter) the major political parties(APC n PDP inclusive) in Nigeria have no political ideology,they can't answer the "why" question,the question of "sincerity of purpose" or what they believe in.so for me let us focus all these energy on building a movement/party motivated by a question "why" we do what we do not "how we do it" or " what we do". PDP and APC currently has a very bad taste in mouths of the citizens so I think we should do away with old completely or better still change the name/rebrand party with a proper idealogy or better still form a new movement/party by the young but for all(old+young)who believe in "why" we do what we do
Re: PDP National Convention And The Future Of Nigeria Youths by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:54am On Jul 28, 2016
yakubuadeiza:

Will really love to see the youths uniting for a course in this country.
And forget this utopic leadership slogan "The youths are the leaders of tomorrow"
Exactly! I hate hearing leaders of tomorrow slogan
Re: PDP National Convention And The Future Of Nigeria Youths by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:04am On Jul 28, 2016
engineerboat:

One thing certain is that When there is a Defined structure in place and the Youth take their rightful place and stand. 40 Years times like you said Tonyebarcanista cannot even Dream it at all of been Minister of Youth.

That is why the structure must be in place and #TheTimeIsNow
That guy is very funny LOL

But I wont blame him because it is the norm in Naija
Re: PDP National Convention And The Future Of Nigeria Youths by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:05am On Jul 28, 2016
ndcide:
TonyeBarcanista, like I said in the other thread, this is a new idea and should not be dismissed. I like the idea of a well organized online team that is part of the mainstream party structure. Just that it's going to be difficult to separate it from the existing youth wing. ie, The one headed by the National youth leader.

This is very important as the PDP needs to work on it's image using a new approach. This is where I think this your directorate comes in. Honestly I don't mind if you are in charge of it Provided you know what you're doing and you're also well guided and monitored.

For now, the PDP haven't done much for itself. Actually, it's the stupidity of APC that is sustaining PDP at the moment. Also, is the mindset of those guys up north not to unsettle buhari. They should just know that if Nigeria remains one, after 2019, no major political party will have a northern candidate for president ;especially if buhari returns. They should have that at the back of their minds.

Maybe you should write to the party leadership and then tell those who are interested in the course how to come in. At least to give it the initial push it needs.

Will it require a constitutional change, For it to be solid? Things like this may not be too good being just a mere appendage of one of the major offices. Also how do you insulate this unit from moles.
Well, it may require constitutional change or a framework.

We don't even want an appendage, we desire for an independent directorate
Re: PDP National Convention And The Future Of Nigeria Youths by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:07am On Jul 28, 2016
khadaffi:

Bro to be sincere the call should have been for all youths or you look for a way to include youths who love the party but are not card carrying members. Since almost all youths are present in the online community.
It is actually for all youths... PDP is just a port of call but you will hear more with time

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PREMIUM TIMES EDITORIAL: Onnoghen: Time To Halt Nigeria’s Slide To Anarchy / Imo Debacle - PDP’s Endless Hypocrisy And Blackmail / Sanwo-Olu Sets December Deadline For Rellocation Of Oko-baba Saw Millers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.