Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,578 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

This Is Fraud Coming From UNN - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / This Is Fraud Coming From UNN (450 Views)

This Is Fraud: He Must Be Sent Abroad / A Nairalander Graduates From UNN / See The Pretty Lady Who Graduated With A First Class In Law From UNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Is Fraud Coming From UNN by praise405(m): 4:57pm On Jul 27, 2016
Over the past few days, visiting the net had been boring. This strike has persisted more than anyone anticipated. It was on the 13th of june that our NLNL(no light no lectures) campaign started in UNEC, the sub campus of UNN. visiting the net everyday it seemed like the school had forgotten its sister campus as hardly could a thread about UNEC be found anywhere. rumours which used to be rife at d early stages of the strike had somewhat disappeared too, we now even longed for rumours to help keep hope alive. I'm sure it has not been easy on anyone considering our sister campus have started their exams. Then just this morning as I reluctantly checked the net, actually hoping to find any new info for a friend hoping to enter the Den I stumbled on the news, 'UNEC students to pay 10900 for damages'. I was dumbfounded. the damaged was one I personally assessed. What was damaged was mostly old non functional street lights, and some windows, the damage couldn't have gotten anywhere close to 5 million. This is the height of stealing and what's annoying is that this is a well orchestrated plan by the school to get money to purchase the generator which has been our paramount request . Check out these details I'm gonna drop and tell me what you think.
After one week of the NLNL peaceful protest the DVC called the SUG and threatened them. So great was the threat that the SUG had to withdraw from the struggle. That same day, students tried to visit a media house and the security stopped them. With the atmosphere so hostile, the school was supposed to do all they could to calm students but guess what, they gave light that night to the main boys hostel for just 30minutes, infuriating the students who thought enough was enough. A day after the riot, there was limitless light on campus. Now to further ensure the smooth play of their plan they made us stay home till we were tired so we'd regret and be unable to say anything when they give this devilish decree. The times are too hard, if people don't talk now a lot of students would fail this year and many others would not write exams. Those who can should please intervene, the school authorities instead of appreciating the willingness of its students to study are using that zeal we have 4 books against us, for an education that's so poor as it is we are still made to pass through hell to get it. Let us stand up to our schools, they've had a field time for so long.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Unizik 2016/2017 Postgraduate Admission Application Out - See More Detail / Princeton Scholarship In USA / Tragicomedy:my Adventure The Day I Wanted To Check My Waec Result.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.