Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Why Don't Laptops Come With Sims Ports? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Why Don't Laptops Come With Sims Ports? (609 Views)

Apple Plans On Releasing Three Iphones In 2019 That Will Come With OLED Screens. / Xiaomi Mi 7 To Come With A Massive 16MP Dual Camera / The Iphone 8 Can Not Come With A Home Button (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Don't Laptops Come With Sims Ports? by victme1(m): 6:00pm On Jul 27, 2016
I think if it does, it will unsettle and offset so many businesses on the ICT Landscape!... no need of modems etc. to go online, you can make calls, Data & Voice communications will be taken to a new level. Actually your Laptop/Desktops will become a larger Phone. I think it will be fun!!!

Geeks ...!
Re: Why Don't Laptops Come With Sims Ports? by BLINGZ88: 6:14pm On Jul 27, 2016
Some laptops actually comes with SIM ports (Dell latitude e4300) and in developed countries, SIM is not really a major factor in getting connected due to fiber optics connected to WiFi. They see mobile network as being too slow nd only needed as a last resort which a modem can take care of.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Don't Laptops Come With Sims Ports? by Wh0AmI(m): 6:51pm On Jul 27, 2016
They actually do.
Most HP EliteBook(s), both advanced and mid-ranged I've seen thus far comes with a Sim slot space some don't know about.
The reason for its little or no feature in most laptops is very much explained in the comment above.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Laptops Come With Sims Ports? by GeekNCodes: 7:45pm On Jul 27, 2016
They aren't popular in Nigeria... But I guess there'll be some. Imagine the joy of your laptop being your other line shocked grin...heavenly

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

CEO Of Niantic John Hanke Has Twitter Account Hacked / Get Free Etisalat 200MB Data In The Next 24hours To Browse Any Site / I Want To Know About African Technology...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.