Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,286 members, 7,836,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister (29123 Views)

From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister / From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister / Nigeria Has No Other Option But To Borrow, Says Adeosun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister by drss(m): 8:39am On Jul 28, 2016
Pavarottii:
The moment I saw "Her Treasury Single Account" I jst where the writer is coming from. With the ludicrous comments.

Well u guys should enjoy ur change.
na desperation. d article na sponsored article by d dullard's govt to get international loan despite dem claim of recovering billions of dollars. yeye govt.
Re: From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister by lakesidepapa(m): 8:39am On Jul 28, 2016
bappahman:

https://www.thecable.ng/extra-from-poorly-qualified-the-economist-says-adeosun-is-a-tenacious-minister

This woman don't have the capacity to handle the economic of this country..

This government needs to find loan and diversify the economic once and for all, while tackling financial difficulties for small and micro firms will further unleash potential and create more jobs.

We need someone like Lou Jiwei (chinese finance minister)
Re: From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister by reyin(m): 8:39am On Jul 28, 2016
Ugosample:
Kemi Adeosun better than NOI? Are these people in this forum jokers? shocked
Who cleaned out the foreign debt? Who built the SWF? Who built the MTEF? Anywau, I'll stop here..... Many people here don't know anything.

i saw their comments and i weep.
Re: From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister by kjhova(m): 8:40am On Jul 28, 2016
In the years that Kemi Adeosun served as Commissioner for Finance in Ogun State, Governor Amosun and the industrialists in the state were full of praises about her. In that period, Ogun State finally overtook perennial leaders, Lagos State, as the fastest growing industrial hub in the nation. Today, Lagos is fighting back to reclaim that spot with the on-going Lekki FTZ project and the proposed Badagry and Epe marinas.

Yes, Mrs. Adeosun was somewhat of an unknown quantity when PMB appointed her as the Federal Minister of Finance but that in itself isn't necessarily a minus. What the president saw was not the credentials (which it's not like she is lacking in anyway) but the potentials which is all you require sometimes in life.

The Economist is a globally respected medium and their opinion weighs heavily in top financial quarters worldwide. However, their opinion remain what it is...OPINION. They have been wrong before (The Economist predicted continued rise of Brazil and the country is now failing) and they can be wrong again. Their initial low estimation of Mrs. Adeosun was not necessarily to demean her but rather an admission that she hasn't had much appearance on the global scene. Well, here she is now...straddling one of Africa's top 3 economies, a leading oil producer, a regional power, and a country in recces in which IMF in particular is looking to do big business. As opinions change, The Economist's has surely changed for good as per Mrs. Adeosun.

To cap it up, didn't unfancied Leicester City win the BPL last season and leaving an 11 points gap over the big guns while at it? What is the moral of this story?

HARDWORK ALWAYS TRIUMPH WHERE TALENT FAILS!

9 Likes

Re: From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister by Ugosample(m): 8:40am On Jul 28, 2016
DropShot:

Under whose tenure did ECA and Foreign Reserves get badly depleted?
Under whose watch did mismanagement of unprecedented earnings occur?

Did she or did she not lay the foundation for these structures
And besides, the media has lied to you guys, who told you that we had "unprecedented" earnings under GEJ?

The only tenure to enjoy that really was the second term of OBJ.
Go and check monthly data on oil prices.
Was it not the Governors who wanted the money from ECA to be shared?
And the foreign reserves is managed by the CBN, so from the comments you made up there, it means you know nothing about economics
Re: From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister by IBBG(m): 8:41am On Jul 28, 2016
abeg mak i hear word, wetin she don fix? she is not even creative as finance minister.
Re: From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister by Guyman02: 8:42am On Jul 28, 2016
The fact that she is learning fast on the job does not mean she was poorly qualified when she took the job.
Re: From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister by shellman: 8:46am On Jul 28, 2016
ayzTIGER:
you see me follow you dey argue nonsense... Whos Kemi to Ngozi Okonji Iweala? c'mon gerrout
There is no doubt that Okonjo Iweala is a genius! But Kemi Adeosun is a rising star with increasing magnitude Iweala will not be there forever &be the best forever The prayer is that Kemi Adeosun's achievement should pale Iweala's past into insignificance To the spirit of Patriotism, the combination of the two is a credit to Nigeria
Re: From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister by kaypound(m): 8:50am On Jul 28, 2016
seguno2:

Has Kemi stopped the monthly allocation of oil money to the states, LGA and federal government?
She only stopped the deduction of loans collected by states from federal so as to help d states to be able to pay salaries.....but this is not a bail out. States must tender publish their financial status
Re: From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister by tinsel: 8:50am On Jul 28, 2016
This is the only real attempt in the history of this country to takle the economic challenges we face and reposition the country for better. Time will tell.
Re: From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:51am On Jul 28, 2016
rozayx5:

lol at a Transport Minister who never knew rails existed , Commissioning it grin grin grin grin

Nowadays, no one gives time to the haters.

1 Like

Re: From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister by jozee8: 8:52am On Jul 28, 2016
Any body that has been criticising/looking down on you would surely sing your praise before long in Jesus name!
Re: From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister by GoodofNaija: 8:58am On Jul 28, 2016
AreaFada2:

Where was she when the bad policies and somersaults went through to ruin the economy? We know she did not make the policies but there is something called resignation. After all she came from Western world where integrity matters.

Ask Google.

1 Like

Re: From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister by kjhova(m): 8:58am On Jul 28, 2016
menxer:

I wonder!

It was a case of an over-stayed welcome and failure to leave when the ovation was still loud.

I am so in agreement with you. Madam Okonjo had her own very impressive qualities and she is surely more than qualified to run Nigeria's economy. Somehow I think she did herself no good when she took that title of "Coordinating Minister of the Economy" under GEJ. What does that mean anyway?

Madam Okonjo's first stint under OBJ was very successful; the debt write-off and rescheduling, the foundation for the ECA, the BPP achievements with madam Oby, the phenomenal growth of our foreign reserves, Nigeria's improved ratings and all. However her stint as coordinating minister under GEJ was markedly different and has now been badly tainted with the revelations of the huge theft which went on at the tail end of that administration.

My take is that no matter how good the individual minister is, his or her achievement is limited by the seriousness and character of the boss, the president. I believe that GEJ's government lost it on many angles towards the end and this rubbed off on many good ministers like madam Okonjo. Should PMB's government fail, of course it will be equally ruinous for Mrs. Adeosun too. This is the way of life.

2 Likes

Re: From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister by DropShot: 9:03am On Jul 28, 2016
Ugosample:

And besides, the media has lied to you guys, who told you that we had "unprecedented" earnings under GEJ?

And the foreign reserves is managed by the CBN, so from the comments you made up there, it means you know nothing about economics
Average crude price under GEJ was around $104.8 btw 2011 and 2014 (107.46 in 2011, 109.45 in 2012, 105.87 in 2013 and 96.29 in 2014). It was the highest in world history but GEJ failed to seize the opportunity to write his name in gold as he wasted the earnings as revelations have revealed so far. Check www.statista.com It tracks all info about crude prices.

The governors were right to ask for their own share of ECA since they knew Jonathan was already illegally taking from it without their knowledge. What did GEJ do with FG's share? Looted!
If there is anyone who has shown ignorance here, it's you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister by kokomilala(m): 9:07am On Jul 28, 2016
They're are always too hasty to judge people,situations and, pass verdicts that don't hold water.They once referred to Africa as hopeless continent only for them to do a volte-face after about ten years that Africa is the new frontier of hope for raw materials.
Who gave them the right to pontificate?
Re: From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister by Itulah(m): 9:16am On Jul 28, 2016
sarrki:

It doesn't change the fact that she is better than NOI

I know you are convinced within you that you just told a lie....
Re: From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister by kstix(m): 9:22am On Jul 28, 2016
AreaFada2:

Where was she when the bad policies and somersaults went through to ruin the economy? We know she did not make the policies but there is something called resignation. After all she came from Western world where integrity matters.
lol. She didnt make the policies and she should resign? Guy, u and contradictions are like 5 and 6 ooo. Hian, all in the name of faulting this administration. Wait, let me help u. Take a careful.. Very careful look at what u just posted.. Now carefully, highlight the contradiction. Come on now, its not hard.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 28, 2016
sarrki:
Still better than NOI that served under the IB

Kemi is ...Articulate, Reliable,Responsible,professional, Dependable & Accountable.

Sai Baba

God Bless Nigeria
.....Gbammm! cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister by AlphaCentauri: 9:24am On Jul 28, 2016
Puvour:
And normadic flatheaded ugandans are here to defend their corrupt and wasteful daughter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister by Emmatdayo(m): 9:31am On Jul 28, 2016
kstix:

No... Shebi she's a magician na. She will just do abracadabra and nigeria's economy will just be revived from the deplorable state ur dumb jonathan left it.
lol, this post sweet me die

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister by Ugosample(m): 9:42am On Jul 28, 2016
DropShot:

Average crude price under GEJ was around $104.8 btw 2011 and 2014 (107.46 in 2011, 109.45 in 2012, 105.87 in 2013 and 96.29 in 2014). It was the highest in world history but GEJ failed to seize the opportunity to write his name in gold as he wasted the earnings as revelations have revealed so far. Check www.statista.com It tracks all info about crude prices.

The governors were right to ask for their own share of ECA since they knew Jonathan was already illegally taking from it without their knowledge. What did GEJ do with FG's share? Looted!
If there is anyone who has shown ignorance here, it's you.

Didn't oil do $147 under Obasanjo?
oil did $120 under Obj too, so you are ignorant for saying that is the highest in world history,

I don't want to engage in a discussion with you because I know your antecedents here, and you are a blind Buhari supporter.
Re: From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister by 247Dior(m): 9:45am On Jul 28, 2016
bappahman:

https://www.thecable.ng/extra-from-poorly-qualified-the-economist-says-adeosun-is-a-tenacious-minister
we don't want to see what paper said, the question is what has she achieved for Nigeria?
Re: From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister by DropShot: 9:46am On Jul 28, 2016
Ugosample:

Didn't oil do $147 under Obasanjo?
oil did $120 under Obj too, so you are ignorant for saying that is the highest in world history,

I don't want to engage in a discussion with you because I know your antecedents here, and you are a blind Buhari supporter.
Little one, provide your evidence and stop talking trash when it's obvious you're a stark illiterate.

1 Like

Re: From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister by rhektor(m): 9:51am On Jul 28, 2016
ayzTIGER:
Afonja

LCD head
Re: From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister by rhektor(m): 9:53am On Jul 28, 2016
drss:
deep down u know say u na lie u talk.

And what benefit did Nigeria get from NOI?
Ndi ara
Re: From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister by rhektor(m): 9:59am On Jul 28, 2016
Ugosample:

I guess you were I Mars in during obj and Yar'Adua/ gej tenure. Maybe you need Google to help you out of your ignorance
Re: From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister by superstar1(m): 10:05am On Jul 28, 2016
wiseoneking:
is a country in East Africa while Afonja is a run away cowards "men" in SW Nigeria. Hope i got it.

Ugandans are attaché relatives of Benjamin Netanyahu from the land of gully erosion, who were "stup1d enough" to be fighting T74 Tanks with cassava sticks.

2 Likes

Re: From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister by AreaFada2: 10:15am On Jul 28, 2016
kstix:

lol. She didnt make the policies and she should resign? Guy, u and contradictions are like 5 and 6 ooo. Hian, all in the name of faulting this administration. Wait, let me help u. Take a careful.. Very careful look at what u just posted.. Now carefully, highlight the contradiction. Come on now, its not hard.
In your climes, it might be strange to resign when dragged into responsibility for wrong policies, but in better climes it is normal.

In the same UK that she borrowed her phonair from, ministers resign if they disagree with govt policy.

My honesty is not contradiction. It only makes it clear that she's not in control but only a stooge.
Re: From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister by 1after: 10:16am On Jul 28, 2016
wiseoneking:
is a country in East Africa while Afonja is a run away cowards "men" in SW Nigeria. Hope i got it.

Descendant of the runaway coward general of Biafra cum sad beast Nigeria- Ojukwu. The only coward ever liveth, spits on his smelly grave.
Re: From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister by Perfectionist11: 10:27am On Jul 28, 2016
Its not THE ECONOMIST that said so..the news agency is made up of many critics,analysts & article writers with different opinions....there is the possibility that the one who defined her as "poorly qualified" hasn't changed his/her opinion..

And in the world of journalism,some writers have earned themselves the honour that when they write stuffs,the Editor doesn't even bother to edit their choice of words cause they are damn good..

Do not paint THE ECONOMIST AS A PARADOXICAL NEWS AGENCY..though the woman appears to be defying the odds and proving doubters wrong.
Re: From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister by mekaboy(m): 10:30am On Jul 28, 2016
I must say she is doing an excellent job, when she took over the naira exchanged for 250 now it is 378. Inflation was 9% now it is 16.8%.

She is doing better than NOI, she was there for over 4years in Gejs administration, yet she could not raise common inflation from 9%. Even the dollars was sluggish in rising.

Abeg Kemi, keep accelerating the dollar and inflation, you know your job.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gbajabiamila Congratulates Olasunkanmi Ayinde-Marshal On Chieftaincy Title / Bayelsa Assembly Approves N2.9bn Car Loan For Diri / Dino Melaye Reacts To His Loss At Appeal Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.