Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,041 members, 7,818,086 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Who Prints Hard Currency For Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Who Prints Hard Currency For Nigeria (7317 Views)

Hard Currency Dollars For Sale @ N194 To $1 / Standardgoldng E-currency Exchanger: Nairaland Customer Service. / How To Earn Hard Currency Exporting Wood Charcoal,ginger,bitter Kola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Prints Hard Currency For Nigeria by ifihearam: 10:34am On Sep 18, 2009
This question came to mind after an interactive section on AIT on the popular programme Focus Nigeria anchored by Gbenga Aruleba where they focused on the rights of printing currency as to the CBN Governor and one of the discussants read out the privileges of the CBN Governor where he has the Right to print "currency"subject to the approval of the National Assembly but he went ahead to print currency over the palaver in the banking sector and in an interview he told the whol world that he has the right to print currency and give it to any one he pleases.That is not the issue here but i want to know if printing of currency refers to only Nigeria or foreign currency like US dollars and British Pounds because that gave rise to a huge argument in my house that day,some said the term currency includes other currencies but i objected,they butressed their points by saying how could the United States or Britain circulate their currency in all countries in the world if those countries dont have the right to print them.

If any one has any idea on this please discuss and lets clear the air
Re: Who Prints Hard Currency For Nigeria by MrCrackles(m): 10:34am On Sep 18, 2009
Me. . . . cool
Re: Who Prints Hard Currency For Nigeria by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 18, 2009
MrCrackles:

Me. . . . cool

you need to see a psychotherapist before your problem gets out of hand.
Re: Who Prints Hard Currency For Nigeria by nbem2008: 12:26pm On Sep 21, 2009
ifihearam:

This question came to mind after an interactive section on AIT on the popular programme Focus Nigeria anchored by Gbenga Aruleba where they focused on the rights of printing currency as to the CBN Governor and one of the discussants read out the privileges of the CBN Governor where he has the Right to print "currency"subject to the approval of the National Assembly but he went ahead to print currency over the palaver in the banking sector and in an interview he told the whol world that he has the right to print currency and give it to any one he pleases.That is not the issue here but i want to know if printing of currency refers to only Nigeria or foreign currency like US dollars and British Pounds because that gave rise to a huge argument in my house that day,some said the term currency includes other currencies but i objected,they butressed their points by saying how could the United States or Britain circulate their currency in all countries in the world if those countries dont have the right to print them.

If any one has any idea on this please discuss and lets clear the air

How many bottles of 'shine shine bobo' were lying empty in your house before you guys embarked on this argument?
Re: Who Prints Hard Currency For Nigeria by Seun(m): 12:46pm On Sep 21, 2009
The CBN can only print Nigerian currency.
Otherwise, we wouldn't need to sell oil.
We'd just print dollars all year long!
Re: Who Prints Hard Currency For Nigeria by 1forall: 4:28pm On Sep 22, 2009
lwkmd! smiley grin
Re: Who Prints Hard Currency For Nigeria by 1forall: 4:31pm On Sep 22, 2009
Its soo funny!

Tempted to ask one very vital question, I'm resisting hard!
Re: Who Prints Hard Currency For Nigeria by Skidoc(m): 7:08am On Oct 04, 2009
Awarded "Most Stupid Question of the Year". grin
Re: Who Prints Hard Currency For Nigeria by no1madman(m): 11:00am On Oct 04, 2009
u wish say na ur papa dey print d m. .o. .n, e, y.

(1) (Reply)

Budget: FG Targets N100bn From Islamic Bond, And / GTB Beats Expectations, Posts N42bn Profit In Q1 / Looking For Capital For Your Business? Get It Now And Boost Your Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.