Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,688 members, 7,809,602 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Latest SCAM In Town. Ladies Beware - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Latest SCAM In Town. Ladies Beware (1166 Views)

Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! / Two Nigerians Jailed For £1m Phishing Scam In U.K. / Gang Of Nigerian Fraudsters Face Jail For £10m Scam In UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Latest SCAM In Town. Ladies Beware by jose556(m): 10:46pm On Jul 27, 2016
*SCAM Alert* *Ladies beware*
Good day guys, I just want to share with you the latest scam in town.
A lady met a guy in ogba when she came to visit a family, the guy claimed he was based in the UK (UK don dey ogba now), they chatted and exchanged bbm pins. They continued to chat on bbm after she came back home. On the chat, the guy claimed he had gone back to the UK (9ja UK) to resume his work as an engineer (scamming is a form of engineering sha).
Some few weeks later after so many chat and chiking (girls self), the guy said he would send some goods to the girl. He listed expensive hand bags, wrist watches, iPhone, laptops, Brazilian hair and more. He sent her some untrackable shipping code which no one was able to track. Any how sha, two days later she got a text from some cheap shipping agent (you would have expected a guy sending such goods to use dhl or UPS or even EMS). The cheap shipping agent told her that her goods had just arrived from UK and it had landed in Nnamdi Azikwe Airport Abuja, (note, she is based in Lagos). The shipping agent (fraud shipping agent aka logistic shipping aka air-cargo shipping) Told her to either come to Abuja with her international passport, 2 passport photographs (Na visa she wan collect ni) and #5,000 to claim her ghost goods or just transfer the sum of 12,000 for EMS or 18,000 for DHL (the 18k was even a DHL promo price according to our DHL scamma agent).
When she told me she was shaking with so much excitement but as a town guy, I saw some dirty fish in the water.
I called them to verify there claim, at first I asked for the name of there shipping company to which they had nothing useful to say, and I asked to speak with the so called DHL agent (they asked me to call back in 5minutes), Five minutes later I called and the phone was given to one guy with strong Yoruba accent, I asked for his name, at first he said his name was Felix chuwudi, then later he did a change of name to Felix Benson (change of name Don they fast this days).
During the call, and sensing the Yoruba accent in his voice, I deliberately spoke Yoruba and his Yoruba response as I expected was as fluent as could be. After the call I then called DHL Abuja office to verify if they know or have such agent in Abuja airport to which they said no.
That was how we busted there scam blues. Like play like joke, that was how 18k would have just entered gutter.
I just Imagine how many girls would have fallen for the scam.

4 Likes

Re: Latest SCAM In Town. Ladies Beware by mhizAnnie(f): 11:26pm On Jul 27, 2016
God please don't let greed push people into the hands of evil men. In this Buhari regime u beta open ur eyes oooo
Re: Latest SCAM In Town. Ladies Beware by Slimflame(m): 11:36pm On Jul 27, 2016
mhizAnnie:
God please don't let greed push people into the hands of evil men. In this Buhari regime u beta open ur eyes oooo
mugu fall mugu chop am
Re: Latest SCAM In Town. Ladies Beware by jose556(m): 1:14am On Jul 28, 2016
Laslastica oya ooo... Na front page.... All girls need to know how and sharp up
Re: Latest SCAM In Town. Ladies Beware by delugajackson: 1:44am On Jul 28, 2016
I'm done with this generation.

2 Likes

Re: Latest SCAM In Town. Ladies Beware by agbonkamen(f): 9:05am On Jul 28, 2016
same guy scammed me too all the things listed here are same he sent to me claiming to be an Engr. in UK he also sent the pics of those things he bought and i got a message saying my parcel has arrived @ Abuja i sent him chat on bbm written boldly MAGA NO PAY OO

1 Like

Re: Latest SCAM In Town. Ladies Beware by jose556(m): 9:21pm On Jul 28, 2016
agbonkamen:
same guy scammed me too all the things listed here are same he sent to me claiming to be an Engr. in UK he also sent the pics of those things he bought and i got a message saying my parcel has arrived @ Abuja i sent him chat on bbm written boldly MAGA NO PAY OO
Your head is there jor
Re: Latest SCAM In Town. Ladies Beware by Nobody: 12:45am On Jul 29, 2016
I have seen countless number of such scammers.

Can't be a victim of their pranks.

(1) (Reply)

New Born Baby Found Dumped In A Bush With Umbilical Cord Intact(Disturbing Pics) / Missing Abuja Ladies & Man Have Been Found! / Man Tries To Explain Why He Killed His Mother - Highly Graphic Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.