Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,014 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

How So Many People Have Been Surviving Because Of The Word "Appreciation" - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How So Many People Have Been Surviving Because Of The Word "Appreciation" (426 Views)

Appreciation / Surviving Failure / Surviving Evil (thriller) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How So Many People Have Been Surviving Because Of The Word "Appreciation" by Pepuscutie270(f): 11:43pm On Jul 27, 2016
The only thing that gets mum so riled up where dad is, is usually his inability to appreciate her overwhelming efforts to run the family. He does sometimes but showing appreciation is what one should do always. Mum is a genius when it comes to tolerance. Whatever will upset her is usually deep rooted, it means whoever made her angry really ovrover stepover stepped. Easy anger is not her thing. And trust me, she married an egocentric man whose watchword is PATRIARCHY.

Remember I said Dad loves been in control? He loves that just as he loves to breathe. He can storm out of the house just because of little issues that isn't worth it. He can turn the house upside down just to have it his ways, its that bad but do you have an idea what can quiet him down?? Need I say what tool Mum uses on him Its APPRECIATION.
"Honey, I'm very grateful, Dan's school fees was received", a proud mum would see it as him having done his duty by paying his son's school fees but Mum doesn't see it that way hence the appreciation. And trust me, that's what has been keeping th family together.

As I walked down to school that fateful morning, four Junior Secondary Students rushed to me . Hey Auntie !!! Good morning Ma. As I was still trying to decipher why I was rushed that way, they took my books and bag. Tried to stop them but couldn't. I relented. They took those stuffs to the staff room, as they were coming out, I decided to surprise them. I gave them little money for their recess . They were so happy I became infected with their smiles. I felt so good for having appreciated their kind gesture. 2hours later, four girls came to the staff room again...

READ MORE...http://www.oliviangene.com/2016/06/the-power-of-appreciation.html#more

(1) (Reply)

Ebook Cover: Can You Help? / A Correct Guys Valentines Experience / An Ode To Nepa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.