Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

I Lost My House C Of O; What Do I Do? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / I Lost My House C Of O; What Do I Do? (2070 Views)

Got Home Last Night And Was Told That My House Has Been Sold Without Notice / Please Who Can Explain This Visible Cracks On My House Wall / Help Select The Best Color For My House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Lost My House C Of O; What Do I Do? by chimah3(m): 9:00am On Jul 28, 2016
Recently just realized the papers for my house C of O, and other relevant documents and receipts. Please i need advise from experienced estate agents, and lawyers on steps to follow in acquiring a new one as soon as possible. Thank you.
Re: I Lost My House C Of O; What Do I Do? by dominique(f): 9:08am On Jul 28, 2016
You have to apply for another one at. It's going to cost you a couple of hundred thousand naira.
Re: I Lost My House C Of O; What Do I Do? by khadupsie(f): 10:50am On Jul 28, 2016
Lol... you don't just apply for another CofO

You have to go to court and do an afidavit

Get a police report.

Do a publication with a newspaper as to loss of document, preferably PUNCH

And go to the Ministry of Lands in Alausa, if you reside in Lagos that is, if not locate the ministry in the state you are. They will take it up from there.

You will probably be given a copy of what they have and stamp as a certified true copy I doubt they will reissue another one for you. I may be wrong but it's likely
Re: I Lost My House C Of O; What Do I Do? by chimah3(m): 11:42am On Jul 28, 2016
khadupsie:
Lol... you don't just apply for another CofO

You have to go to court and do an afidavit

Get a police report.

Do a publication with a newspaper as to loss of document, preferably PUNCH

And go to the Ministry of Lands in Alausa, if you reside in Lagos that is, if not locate the ministry in the state you are. They will take it up from there.

You will probably be given a copy of what they have and stamp as a certified true copy I doubt they will reissue another one for you. I may be wrong but it's likely

Thanks alot! I was at a Police station to get a statement and they asked to submit some vital documents to them, I didn't feel okay leaving such sensitive document with the police, knowing how 'reliable' nigerian police can be!

(1) (Reply)

Buy And Sell Goods, Services And Products on shop2taste.com / Need A Unique Contemporary House Design / Half Plot Of Land For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.