Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,432 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

First Car: Civic2008 Vs Corolla 2008 Which Is better - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / First Car: Civic2008 Vs Corolla 2008 Which Is better (4031 Views)

The First Car To Ever Get A Speed Ticket Was Caught Doing 8MPH / Name Of Your First Car And Your Experience With It? / The First Car That Was Bought In Ido Ekiti (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Car: Civic2008 Vs Corolla 2008 Which Is better by anath(m): 12:22pm On Jul 28, 2016
Pls I have been so confused about first car choice,I need u guys support in terms of maintainaibility,reliability,cost effectiveness,fuel economy and flexibility.I will really appreciate ur expertised contributions. Thanks sir!

Cc
Gazzuz and Siena.
Re: First Car: Civic2008 Vs Corolla 2008 Which Is better by whitley(m): 1:22pm On Jul 28, 2016
Straight up corolla,that car is stress free if bought tokunbo or new
Re: First Car: Civic2008 Vs Corolla 2008 Which Is better by anath(m): 7:59pm On Jul 28, 2016
whitley:
Straight up corolla,that car is stress free if bought tokunbo or new

Thanks a lot bros! I need more contributions from you guys.... It will really be helpful to me
Re: First Car: Civic2008 Vs Corolla 2008 Which Is better by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 29, 2016
I'd go for the Corolla.
Re: First Car: Civic2008 Vs Corolla 2008 Which Is better by WebMania: 12:03am On Jul 30, 2016
This matter is always a debate o. Corolla vs civic. Camry vs accord.
I think it's really a matter of preference. U can't go wrong with either. Go with whichever u like more than the other. U'll get similar fuel economy and reliability from both. The corolla may be slightly cheaper to maintain. While the civic is more classy and generally more fun to drive.
I'll suggest you try to drive both (if you can). The choice would be much easier thereafter. smiley

12 Likes

Re: First Car: Civic2008 Vs Corolla 2008 Which Is better by xtivin(m): 5:37pm On Jul 30, 2016
both are good fuel economy and low budget maintainance Autos.make your choice by design sir..regards

1 Like

Re: First Car: Civic2008 Vs Corolla 2008 Which Is better by anath(m): 6:23pm On Oct 10, 2016
xtivin:
both are good fuel economy and low budget maintainance Autos.make your choice by design sir..regards
What about reliability factor sir?
Re: First Car: Civic2008 Vs Corolla 2008 Which Is better by divinelove(m): 8:10pm On Oct 10, 2016
No comparison d corolla wins cool
Re: First Car: Civic2008 Vs Corolla 2008 Which Is better by iyisco2001(m): 9:43pm On Oct 10, 2016
Truth is both are great cars.
You'll not regret buying either.
There is a preference for Toyota in Nigeria, but I love Honda, especially the civic family.

2 Likes

Re: First Car: Civic2008 Vs Corolla 2008 Which Is better by eghuan1(m): 11:54pm On Oct 10, 2016
have driven the two and I will go for the corolla. The civic is fun to drive and its got class but the corolla is rugged, agile, quick, reliable and cheap to run.

Been using corolla for Uber for about 10 months now no major issue

the only alternative I will recommend is another corolla
Re: First Car: Civic2008 Vs Corolla 2008 Which Is better by gloryz24: 10:45am On Oct 11, 2016
Both are good but I personally prefer the Corolla. It's slightly larger and nicer car.
Re: First Car: Civic2008 Vs Corolla 2008 Which Is better by anath(m): 8:25pm On Oct 11, 2016
gloryz24:
Both are good but I personally prefer the Corolla. It's slightly larger and nicer car.

Ur reasons sir
Re: First Car: Civic2008 Vs Corolla 2008 Which Is better by anath(m): 8:25pm On Oct 11, 2016
gloryz24:

Ur reasons sir?
Re: First Car: Civic2008 Vs Corolla 2008 Which Is better by mejai(m): 5:44am On Oct 12, 2016
eghuan1:
have driven the two and I will go for the corolla. The civic is fun to drive and its got class but the corolla is rugged, agile, quick, reliable and cheap to run.

Been using corolla for Uber for about 10 months now no major issue

the only alternative I will recommend is another corolla
hmmn.... quick kwa? they should be same or civic might have a slight edge.
Re: First Car: Civic2008 Vs Corolla 2008 Which Is better by eghuan1(m): 5:48am On Oct 12, 2016
mejai:
hmmn.... quick kwa? they should be same or civic might have a slight edge.

what I said was that the corolla is fast, I have gone 210km/hr in a 2008 model. I was not doing a comparison
Re: First Car: Civic2008 Vs Corolla 2008 Which Is better by mejai(m): 5:58am On Oct 12, 2016
eghuan1:

what I said was that the corolla is fast, I have gone 210km/hr in a 2008 model. I was not doing a comparison
ok! what's d difference btwn quick and fast? I have driven both. and I have stretched both with a crazy driver.

find a thread here about fastest speed one has driven...... U will see where I put my comment. I still own d '09 corolla. civic is mean!!! but durability..... corolla. OP d choice is urs. i have given u a clue sha.

1 Like

Re: First Car: Civic2008 Vs Corolla 2008 Which Is better by FlyboyZee: 6:54am On Oct 13, 2016
eghuan1:

Corolla faster than a Civic? Guy! Bone yarns, that Corolla is a drag and a big bore. I'm sure it took almost forever and a long stretch of good road with almost no traffic for you to achieve that. The Civic will do it in a far shorter time, distance and a lower RPM. A trial, they say...

I don't know what it is, but I feel the Corolla is over rated. It is boring to drive, slower than the Civic in terms of acceleration and take-off, the interior is as bland as they come with poorer quality materials than the Civic, if you want to talk of durability, well, just understand that the body panels fall off at will...

As for the Civic, it looks compact outside, but is far more roomier than its look, the interior is more chic and fascinating and built of higher quality materials than that of the Corolla, it is fast from take-off, swifter, sharper and has far better acceleration than the Corolla, it has a smoother drive quality and handles better than the Corolla. The Civic look fragile, but the body panels are firmer and of higher quality than that of the Corolla. If its about the AC, the Corolla doesn't stand a chance near the Civic.

I didn't talk about fuel economy, abuse and maintenance costs, because it is difficult to draw a different line for any of them

I have driven both cars, I own a 2010 Civic, while my office and landlady both have 2010 Corollas. For me, I'll do the Civic over and over again, instead of the Corolla. If you have driven the Civic before the Corolla, it'll be like a downgrade when you drive the Corolla, even as both cars are 'age mates'. But, well it is a Nigerian thing, they'll rate the Corolla even with all its drawbacks over the Civic, just because it is a Toyota. What do I know anyway? that's Naija for you. Lol...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Car: Civic2008 Vs Corolla 2008 Which Is better by eghuan1(m): 7:47am On Oct 13, 2016
FlyboyZee:

Corolla faster than a Civic? Guy! Bone yarns, that Corolla is a drag and a big bore. I'm sure it took almost forever and a long stretch of good road with almost no traffic for you to achieve that. The Civic will do it in a far shorter time, distance and a lower RPM. A trial, they say...

I don't know what it is, but I feel the Corolla is over rated. It is boring to drive, slower than the Civic in terms of acceleration and take-off, the interior is as bland as they come with poorer quality materials than the Civic, if you want to talk of durability, well, just understand that the body panels fall off at will...

As for the Civic, it looks compact outside, but is far more roomier than its look, the interior is more chic and fascinating and built of higher quality materials than that of the Corolla, it is fast from take-off, swifter, sharper and has far better acceleration than the Corolla, it has a smoother drive quality and handles better than the Corolla. The Civic look fragile, but the body panels are firmer and of higher quality than that of the Corolla. If its about the AC, the Corolla doesn't stand a chance near the Civic.

I didn't talk about fuel economy, abuse and maintenance costs, because it is difficult to draw a different line for any of them

I have driven both cars, I own a 2010 Civic, while my office and landlady both have 2010 Corollas. For me, I'll do the Civic over and over again, instead of the Corolla. If you have driven the Civic before the Corolla, it'll be like a downgrade when you drive the Corolla, even as both cars are 'age mates'. But, well it is a Nigerian thing, they'll rate the Corolla even with all its drawbacks over the Civic, just because it is a Toyota. What do I know anyway? that's Naija for you. Lol...

Thank you for the analysis. If you read my post you will see the word I used is "FAST" and not faster. I explicitly stated that I was not doing a comparison of the two cars.

My brother owned a 2008 civic and I currently drive an 08 corolla, I love the two cars but if asked to choose, I will still go for a corolla. I just love the ruggedness of the car.

Just the same way I will always pick a BMW over a BENZ. its just a choice.
Re: First Car: Civic2008 Vs Corolla 2008 Which Is better by FlyboyZee: 9:44am On Oct 13, 2016
eghuan1:

Thank you for the analysis. If you read my post you will see the word I used is "FAST" and not faster. I explicitly stated that I was not doing a comparison of the two cars.

My brother owned a 2008 civic and I currently drive an 08 corolla, I love the two cars but if asked to choose, I will still go for a corolla. I just love the ruggedness of the car.

Just the same way I will always pick a BMW over a BENZ. its just a choice.
I actually agreed with you, that it is truly a matter of choice...

You can see from my closing phrase below
FlyboyZee:

...What do I know anyway?...
that I really agreed its a matter of choice, that's why I elucidated the strengths and weaknesses of both cars that I have first hand experience on and left the choosing decision for the OP...

2 Likes

Re: First Car: Civic2008 Vs Corolla 2008 Which Is better by jojoseph(m): 4:10pm On May 24, 2020
anath:
Pls I have been so confused about first car choice,I need u guys support in terms of maintainaibility,reliability,cost effectiveness,fuel economy and flexibility.I will really appreciate ur expertised contributions. Thanks sir!

Cc
Gazzuz and Siena.

This is jojoseph, i understood that you have been trying to reach me. The nairaland has my e-mail address.
Re: First Car: Civic2008 Vs Corolla 2008 Which Is better by dicksonadams(m): 4:42pm On May 24, 2020
Civic 08 all the way

2 Likes

Re: First Car: Civic2008 Vs Corolla 2008 Which Is better by ITbomb(m): 6:37pm On May 25, 2020
If you have Tracker ready for installation and you live in a fenced compound, go for Corolla otherwise Civic will do

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Plz Help!!! My Car Jerks In Traffic / Which Drives Faster Between SUV/JEEP And Saloon/sedan Cars / Ford Explorer Owners: Please Share Your Experience! I'm About To Buy One.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.