Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,383 members, 7,815,810 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Stella Dimoko-Korkus React To MAYOWA Scam Allegation - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Stella Dimoko-Korkus React To MAYOWA Scam Allegation (22936 Views)

Michael Okon Impregnated Married Woman & Got A Daughter - Stella Dimoko Korkus / Funke Akindele Loses Her Twins Pregnancy - Stella Dimoko Korkus / Ay's Wife, Mabel, Moves Out Of Matrimonial Home - Stella Dimoko Korkus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stella Dimoko-Korkus React To MAYOWA Scam Allegation by andyanders: 11:33am On Jul 29, 2016
Stella, thank you for your kind message to wicked people like the ones spreading the false rumor over this issue. The lady- Muyiwa is sick and I wouldn't know why one would wanna joke by placing such her health issue for a scam and how a doctor would give her death sentence when God has never done such.

I pray that Moyiwa would come back to life and be able to testify the existence of God's power.

3 Likes

Re: Stella Dimoko-Korkus React To MAYOWA Scam Allegation by Apreel(f): 11:34am On Jul 29, 2016
But why is no one calling out toyin. ..why Linda only?
Re: Stella Dimoko-Korkus React To MAYOWA Scam Allegation by Apreel(f): 11:37am On Jul 29, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
This Stella woman wants to use this as an opportunity to win fans. I see your trick.
I swear down!
Re: Stella Dimoko-Korkus React To MAYOWA Scam Allegation by Onegai(f): 11:48am On Jul 29, 2016
It seems like there was some issue of miscommunication on the part of the family. The young lady in question is at stage 4 cancer. It would take a miracle, not the best medical care, but a miracle, to survive that. Her family wanted to give her every fighting chance. That is very commendable. But the information passed along seems to have communicated to everyone that things weren't so bad, if they could just raise the money, she would most likely survive the treatment. I think that is why people are calling it a scam. Some people in this situation, actually donate the money for their treatment to another patient who has a better chance of survival. I wish the family had painted a better picture from the get-go. The situation is sad.

The same situation played out not too long ago on Family section: someone came and framed a story in such a way to sound dire and people hurriedly donated, only for them to find out that the situation was not as bad as it seemed and he manipulated the story in a way to raise quick support. Same with that Lola lady: I spoke to several people who knew the case and when I heard what they had to say (with irrefutable proof), I was ashamed that people had manipulated her story in a way to gather momentum and castigate doctors, all in a bid to play on the public's emotions.

2 Likes

Re: Stella Dimoko-Korkus React To MAYOWA Scam Allegation by Ochyglowsglows(f): 12:04pm On Jul 29, 2016
Onegai:
It seems like there was some issue of miscommunication on the part of the family. The young lady in question is at stage 4 cancer. It would take a miracle, not the best medical care, but a miracle, to survive that. Her family wanted to give her every fighting chance. That is very commendable. But the information passed along seems to have communicated to everyone that things weren't so bad, if they could just raise the money, she would most likely survive the treatment. I think that is why people are calling it a scam. Some people in this situation, actually donate the money for their treatment to another patient who has a better chance of survival.

The same situation played out not too long ago on Family section: someone came and framed a story in such a way to sound dire and people hurriedly donated, only for them to find out that the situation was not as bad as it seemed and he manipulated the story in a way to raise quick support. Same with that Lola lady: I spoke to several people who knew the case and when I heard what they had to say (with irrefutable proof), I was ashamed that people had manipulated her story in a way to gather momentum and castigate doctors, all in a bid to play on the public's emotions.

I've made up my mind to no longer get involved in such stories again: I'll help those I know personally and send a prayer for anyone else. I owe only God an explanation for my choice. The end.
@ Onegai, i will still say there is nothing wrong in her family making it seem like it wasn't that bad. U know y, cos no one would ever want to lose a loved one. I put in the little i had for mayowa and i do not regret it. In 2012,when my dad was diagnosed for lungs and liver failure, we went into huge debts trying to see that he got well, even though he was a chronic smoker, and he still kept smoking while he wa even ill, we cud av said this man isn't even helping himself and let him be especially as the doctor told us he might barely make it. But we kept borrowing to make sure he got well, eventually he died. In 2014, mum was diagnosed of dementia which the doctor said was as a result of high bp, and told us to just let her stay home and nurse her whichever we could till whenever God decides to take her. But we began to make some research on it, we took her to some other hospitals and carried out several brain scans that went into hundreds of thousands. This was just barely after recovering from paying off d debt incurred during my dad's illness. What am actually driving at is that, when u have someone very dear to u, going thru a life threatening illness. You d do whatever to save them. God is in d best place to judge if mayowa's dis wrong by painting the picture that her illness wasn't that serious (as u claim)

1 Like

Re: Stella Dimoko-Korkus React To MAYOWA Scam Allegation by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 12:11pm On Jul 29, 2016
I have largely abstained from commenting on this issue but well, some stories come to your house, knock on your door and harry you till you comment - kind of like a Jehova's witness. Here's the bottom line that would make this whole thing a scam:

1) There is no Mayowa or Mayowa is already dead (there is apparently a Mayowa and she is still alive)

2) Her family solicited for funds even after being informed that her chances of survival were practically nil but had/have no intention of using it to seek alternative medical opinion at better qualified hospitals (this we do not know of - and is the basis on which it is being called a scam)

I don't like what's happening, because it would make Nigerians reluctant about donating towards any genuine causes in the future. I think both Toyin Aimakhu and, to a smaller extent, Linda Ikeji did not employ tact with verifying what was/is going on and blowing a whistle. They should have held on to their "story" till they were absolutely sure that Mayowa's family was using their daughter's predicament to enrich themselves. As it stands, even if they are right and it is a scam, they have given the family wriggle room to escape from the mess of a scandal.

On the other hand, if Mayowa had indeed been written off by Nigerian medical personnel but they wanted to seek alternative advice abroad then I do understand that they wouldn't want to sit back and watch their sister die - afterall it's Nigerians that take relatives from church to church seeking solutions to incurable illnesses. However, if this is the case, then they erred by not informing Nigerians on what their intentions are. Nigerians are a notoriously skeptical bunch and will think of anything as a scam at the sight of the slightest inconsistency. Yes, I know, they might have felt that if they informed people that Mayowa's survival chances had been written off, most people wouldn't be so forthcoming about donating to an apparent "lost cause". But look at this scenario that is painting the family in gory colors because they might have been economical with the whole truth - and Mayowa is still alive to witness it all.

I think it's a learning moment for us all. Bloggers, do be tactful about breaking stories you are not absolutely certain of. Afterall, Linda only broke the story as told by Toyin Aimakhu and the other lady, not as a result of an intense personal investigation. Received stories may have the intent of tarnishing someone's image as revenge for something but when crap hits the fan, it's you and your blog that will take the fall for it.

Also, when soliciting for the help of the public, be completely upfront about your methods and intentions. Don't assume they'll understand - Nigerians don't have the best record of being understanding. If it's God's will that things will work out for the good of your cause, it will. Just be honest about it.

My 2 cents.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stella Dimoko-Korkus React To MAYOWA Scam Allegation by Chylo(m): 12:19pm On Jul 29, 2016
What are you people saying sef? They raised over 32 million naira for a "surgery" to save Mayowa's life?

Surgery where? Who is performing the surgery and what kind of surgery is it that will save stage 4 terminal ovarian cancer?

Please this was pure scam right from the start.

If they wanted money to make her comfortable until death, they should have said so, instead of misrepresenting the facts.

For the family to convince us otherwise, they should show us the original doctor's report (not the fake one), and also the letter from the US hospital inviting her to come for surgery and the type of surgery she was scheduled for. They should show us these documents.

I don't know how people can be so wicked to defraud Nigerians of their hard-earned money, especially in these hard times.

1 Like

Re: Stella Dimoko-Korkus React To MAYOWA Scam Allegation by cr7lomo: 12:23pm On Jul 29, 2016
Y is it that when someone is successful, bad belle people wud want to bring her down...linda might b vain, but pls what wrong did she do... She reported an investigation, no one is saying the fact here...
1. Y was America changed to Dubai
2. Y did they nit categorically tell us what the doctors report said

The family was meant to tell us the real truth..they made it seem like with the money, she will almost certainly survive....in my knowledge, when u dont fully open up to someone on y you need money and u end up collecting it , its fraud already....

If u tell me u need money for school fees and I give u , but u use it to bail ur brother Hu cud b in jail is already fraud

Lets b objective with this issue and stop calling Linda out...Stella is only involved cos people started attacking Linda....did Stella report it when Mayowa was trying to raise funds, she declined to post it on her blog, giving flimsy excuses...linda posted on her blog and also donated...stella has now come to form holy...

4 Likes

Re: Stella Dimoko-Korkus React To MAYOWA Scam Allegation by Onegai(f): 12:26pm On Jul 29, 2016
Ochyglowsglows:
@ Onegai, i will still say there is nothing wrong in her family making it seem like it wasn't that bad. U know y, cos no one would ever want to lose a loved one. I put in the little i had for mayowa and i do not regret it. In 2012,when my dad was diagnosed for lungs and liver failure, we went into huge debts trying to see that he got well, even though he was a chronic smoker, and he still kept smoking while he wa even ill, we cud av said this man isn't even helping himself and let him be especially as the doctor told us he might barely make it. But we kept borrowing to make sure he got well, eventually he died. In 2014, mum was diagnosed of dementia which the doctor said was as a result of high bp, and told us to just let her stay home and nurse her whichever we could till whenever God decides to take her. But we began to make some research on it, we took her to some other hospitals and carried out several brain scans that went into hundreds of thousands. This was just barely after recovering from paying off d debt incurred during my dad's illness. What am actually driving at is that, when u have someone very dear to u, going thru a life threatening illness. You d do whatever to save them. God is in d best place to judge if mayowa's dis wrong by painting the picture that her illness wasn't that serious (as u claim)

I have several medical consultants in my family and the first thing they will tell you is that Cancer is the worst thing to happen. They have come home to cry from losing a patient to amounts like N1000, sat down and held children's hands when their parents were not there. One of them has told a cancer patient "you can fight this but you have children who need to go to school and have a life, don't put them in debts they cannot repay". I too have lost loved ones. I'm sorry for what you've gone through, but please, do not play that emotional game with me.
If they had said "the doctors here have written her off but we won't give up till the final moment", trust me, this issue would have been avoided. Palliative care is what she needs. They had to move her treatment to Dubai because the medical staff cannot certify her fit to fly to the U.S.

Please don't give me that "you will do anything" line. Because there are others who can be saved, who are not milking any emotional plug.

3 Likes

Re: Stella Dimoko-Korkus React To MAYOWA Scam Allegation by 45feelings: 12:35pm On Jul 29, 2016
Ijaya123:
This piece is definitely directed at Linda Ikeji.

Ya right. But Linda did not call scam.. she only pick it as news beat which is her primary job. Police started making arrest/questioning MAYOWA family ok Linda hears it and report events as they come so it's not as if Linda woke up and rise alarm of Scam.

My heart goes to the poor girl. Lord give her strength if not dis news will kill her faster.

2 Likes

Re: Stella Dimoko-Korkus React To MAYOWA Scam Allegation by Flawlessangel(m): 12:36pm On Jul 29, 2016
Emeka71:
The kind of topic that appears on homepage these days and another foolish thing is that people are struggling to contribute.

so what kinda topics would you like? More about politics?
Re: Stella Dimoko-Korkus React To MAYOWA Scam Allegation by Ijaya123: 12:37pm On Jul 29, 2016
45feelings:

Ya right. But Linda did not call scam.. she only pick it as news beat which is her primary job. Police started making arrest/questioning MAYOWA family ok Linda hears it and report events as they come so it's not as if Linda woke up and rise alarm of Scam.

My heart goes to the poor girl. Lord give her strength if not dis news will kill her faster.
Re: Stella Dimoko-Korkus React To MAYOWA Scam Allegation by Ijaya123: 12:38pm On Jul 29, 2016
45feelings:

My thoughts exactly.
Re: Stella Dimoko-Korkus React To MAYOWA Scam Allegation by bjprodint(f): 1:07pm On Jul 29, 2016
My husband was mayowa printer,mayowa was into catering.she is so nice,friendly,respectful and patient.if u know her personaly,her illness will shock you.thank god for helping her raise the money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stella Dimoko-Korkus React To MAYOWA Scam Allegation by Jacko1(m): 1:14pm On Jul 29, 2016
this is most epic scam ever

Stella just has beef with Linda ikeji

She was slow to picking up the scam news so is bent on pushing her own story..... This is her lying blatantly

Toyin aimakhu and aramide kasjamu have even confam its scam..... The lady cant be helped and the family bidding time to move their money and demself

1 Like

Re: Stella Dimoko-Korkus React To MAYOWA Scam Allegation by ephi123(f): 1:16pm On Jul 29, 2016
Ochyglowsglows:

Exactly. Well said.
Some people unfortunately simply lack empathy, this is life and death we are talking about here.
Re: Stella Dimoko-Korkus React To MAYOWA Scam Allegation by UIA04(f): 2:02pm On Jul 29, 2016
HenryDion:
Am so so sad. Linda wasn't like this before. Anyway, this what happens when you forget your humble beginning.
Re: Stella Dimoko-Korkus React To MAYOWA Scam Allegation by andyanders: 2:03pm On Jul 29, 2016
Ochyglowsglows:

the truth said here. In fact we Nigerians reason as if we do not reason well. Someone that her case was well made known and she stays withing here for verification if in doubt.

People do not understand when other people are in pain and start painting things in a bad way. I could remember a guy who lost his dad and was looking for money. A guy he came to his house to ask for help, told him that he had no money. When the left, he now started saying that people now lie that they lost their father in order to get money.
Re: Stella Dimoko-Korkus React To MAYOWA Scam Allegation by Yankeeboi2(f): 2:26pm On Jul 29, 2016
Re: Stella Dimoko-Korkus React To MAYOWA Scam Allegation by InvertedHammer: 2:41pm On Jul 29, 2016
I don't see the scam in it.

Mayowa is sick. It would have been a scam if the picture is fake. The charity organization decided to help raise the fund. Instead of receiving payment through their organization, they opened a gofundme account that paid directly into Mayowa's account. #mistake1. Red Cross and others make sure that funds or materials go through their accounts only, then disburse later.

Toyin found out that her organization has been locked out of the money. She raised hell. I guess she or her organization did not discuss the details of the deal with Mayowa's family before hand.

This is what happens when someone runs a business by improvisation instead of taking out time to learn the details of the business. Toyin screwed up.
Re: Stella Dimoko-Korkus React To MAYOWA Scam Allegation by Juliearth(f): 2:48pm On Jul 29, 2016
ITbomb:
I have never been able to pronounce that her name.
I visited the blog some time ago and everything just look too girlish for me.

Ok, back to the topic, so where is the money now, was it spent, how much remain, do we need EFCC help or you have full documentation.

It is not enough crying and wiping up emotions

If you are not an SDKer,then you are missing out. SDK blog is my second home,after nairaland...

1 Like

Re: Stella Dimoko-Korkus React To MAYOWA Scam Allegation by ITbomb(m): 2:52pm On Jul 29, 2016
Juliearth:

If you are not an SDKer,then you are missing out. SDK blog is my second home,after nairaland...
Yeah, no argument.
I see that purple (f) beside your moniker
Re: Stella Dimoko-Korkus React To MAYOWA Scam Allegation by alonsogrs: 4:37pm On Jul 29, 2016
I have followed the Mayowa story with keen interest. Let me first say im a gynaecologist so I clearly know my stuff. A lot of people fail to understand the issue at stake here. From my in-depth understanding of ovarian cancer, this particular case appears advanced and the options of management are actually limited to chemotherapy and radiotherapy in most cases. Surgical options are hardly ever helpful at this stage but if necessary all the above treatment options can be obtained here in Nigeria.
Now the issue is this....is it likely LUTH will ask this patient to go abroad for any of the treatment options available? The answer is an emphatic NO! why? because at the stage she is the options available are here in LUTH! is it possible someone close to this patient can be planning to cash in on Mayowa's illness?? of course quite possible! Its like a man going to take a life insurance policy when he has a terminal disease. No insurance company will issue such a policy!
DOCTOR A'INT GOD BUT LET PEOPLE KNOW WHAT PROFESSIONAL OPINION ABOUT A PATIENTS CHANCES ARE. My take on this issue of creating platforms to solicit for funds for medicare is that such public adverts should be endorsed by specialist doctors managing such patients to prevent people using this platforms for SCAMS!!

2 Likes

Re: Stella Dimoko-Korkus React To MAYOWA Scam Allegation by HiliaryAutos(m): 8:30pm On Jul 29, 2016
When our leaders scam us for our vote.... Why won't we the citizen see everything around us as scam... #Blackrace #Blackbrain #Blackthinking #SAVEMAYOWA
Re: Stella Dimoko-Korkus React To MAYOWA Scam Allegation by shamecurls(m): 8:35pm On Jul 29, 2016
What happens when your kitty-kat stenches and dudes have to wear gears to smash it

Re: Stella Dimoko-Korkus React To MAYOWA Scam Allegation by ikukuhero: 10:53pm On Jul 29, 2016
I visit Stella Dimoko Korkus' blog and i must say that I observed how she does not cease at throwing shades at Linda Ikeji at the slightest opportunity. Just yesterday, I made up my mind to stop wasting my data on her blog when I read through a response she made to someone who wrote that she Stella, married Mr. Korkus for the papers (German citizenship). That was in her post on the Tinsel actress/actor couple and American Green Card issue (sorry, i cannot remember their names and can't google it). Even her posts on AY and wife's issue and other posts, have got me worried about her character. Well, in conclusion, I think Stella Dimoko Korkus has character issues. From some things she posts and comments she approves on her blog, I am forced to say I have no regards for her. I think she is uncouth. Anyway, I am now fully done with her blog as it rarely adds value to my life. And to the matter on ground, I thank Linda Ikeji for the publicity she created about Mayowa and for helping raise funds. She may have been too quick in posting that the whole thing was a scam, but, I think she did well in creating the much needed publicity for Mayowa. God bless Linda.
Re: Stella Dimoko-Korkus React To MAYOWA Scam Allegation by KINGinVAHALA: 6:45am On Aug 17, 2016
360ng:
ok
Hi, good morning!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rukky Sanda Celebrates 33rd Birthday With Beautiful Photos / Ellyman And Tboss In Sexy Photoshoot / Kunle Afolayan And Akon At Canne Film Festival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.