Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

Itchy Penis. What Can I Do To Stop It? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Itchy Penis. What Can I Do To Stop It? (699 Views)

8 Reasons To Stop Drinking Coke Every Day / I Think I Am Dying! And I Can't Stop It!! / Boils Growing On The P3nis Head And They're Itchy and sore. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Itchy Penis. What Can I Do To Stop It? by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 29, 2016
Thank you
Re: Itchy Penis. What Can I Do To Stop It? by newsphase(m): 11:55am On Jul 29, 2016
When a man feels itchy down there, the itch is commonly due to a rash caused by inflammatory skin diseases, fungi, lice, or a viral infection. While viral infection and lice infestation are usually sexually transmitted, the other skin conditions have non-sexual causes.

However, whatever the cause of this itch, it is always advisable to seek medical attention instead of trying to treat the problem with over-the-counter skin creams.

Types of itch that can affect the pubic area

Pubic lice (crabs):
Folliculitis affects the pubic area but it is usually more painful than itchy.
Molluscum contagiosum

Types of itch that can affect the shaft of the penis
Genital herpes: A sexually transmitted infection
Lichen nitidus

Types of itch that can affect the tip of the penis (glans penis)

Genital herpes very often affects the glans penis and the foreskin of the penis.
Candidiasis of the glans penis is a fungal infection that may be the first presenting symptom of diabetes mellitus in men.
Genital warts are a STI caused by a viral infection.
Lichen planus, psoriasis and seborrhoeic dermatitis are non-STIs that may affect the tip of the penis.

I am not a doctor... But I am a health Blogger so I know only a little about this kind of stuff.... Take what I wrote in bold very seriously

(1) (Reply)

Omg! Skin Disorder Turn 7-year-old Boy Hands & Feet Into "Trees" (photos) / How Yeast Infections Affect Fertility In Woman - Candida Albicans / Nigerian Surgeon Removes Baby From Womb, Operates On Tumor And Returns Baby Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.