Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,068 members, 7,956,989 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:46 AM

Koffi Olomide Released From Jail A Day After 18 Month Sentence - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Koffi Olomide Released From Jail A Day After 18 Month Sentence (704 Views)

Koffi Olomide Released From Prison, Arrives Home (PIC & VIDEO) / Koffi Olomide Arrested And Jailed By Congolese Police Department / Deportation Of Koffi Olomide From Kenya: Nigerians Blasted By Kenyans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Koffi Olomide Released From Jail A Day After 18 Month Sentence by jonhemma11: 11:49am On Jul 29, 2016
The Koffi Olomide debacle has taken a new twist following reports that the DRC star has been released a day after his sentence.

The ‘Selfie’ hitmaker was released discreetly on Thursday 10 am.

His alleged release comes a day after he was sentenced to 18 months in jail in a Kinshasa court for assault on a female dancer at JKIA.

His Kenyan promoter Jules Nsana also confirmed the release.

“All I can say is that I am happy for him. Now he can go on with his work as usual even taking into consideration the losses I made owing to his unruly behavior in Kenya.  But at the end of it all we are all prone to making mistakes- and Koffi is no exception,” he said.

His arrest in Kinshasa elicited mixed reactions from a large section of Congolese people who felt that he should have been given a second chance owing to the fact that prior to his arrest he publicly apologized to the world, its leaders, women and girls on one of the Congolese televisions.It appears they just wanted to harass him besides proving that he is not above the law. And besides there was no strong evidence against him hence the reason for his release.

Following his release, the musician reportedly called on his Kenyan promoter to inform him of the release besides asking him to once again apologize to Kenyans on his behalf.

cc; Lalasticlala,ijebabe
Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/07/detained-koffi-olomide-released-from.html

Re: Koffi Olomide Released From Jail A Day After 18 Month Sentence by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 29, 2016
Oga @ the top @ work. Good for him happy for him.
Re: Koffi Olomide Released From Jail A Day After 18 Month Sentence by Melancholy(m): 1:40pm On Jul 29, 2016
Been a media trial, atleast he was shown that he is never superior to the law. And by the way, we all can see that no country in africa is yet to be term "saner" to nigeria cos they are almost all the same always litigious without substantive evidence and overzealousness of jurors to rulings. I could remember how people rushed to that thread lampooning nigeria with all sort of names that if it were to be nigeria. May God help africans!

(1) (Reply)

Actress Rita Dominic Takes Rare Selfie With Olusegun Obasanjo (photos) / Angela Okorie's Birthday Is Today - See Her Lovely Birthday Photos / Get Your Man Before He Becomes My Man – Chichi Igbo , Warns Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.