Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) (29831 Views)

Female Soldier Buried In Camouflage After Her Tragic Death In Port-Harcourt.PICS / Black Soot Pollutes The Environment In Port Harcourt (PICS) / 2 Politicians Fighting At A Shopping Center In Port-Harcourt (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by broseme: 9:30pm On Jul 29, 2016
I think Governor Wike is really out to work.The oil money and huge allocations are contributory factors.He has installed street lights in Wimpey area of Port Harcourt.The photos were shared by a Facebook user who wrote..….

'Those of us who grew up in Wimpey area of Port Harcourt know how this COE/Iwofe road used to be.

See how it looks now!!!

Wow!!! All I can say is God bless governor Nyesom Wike.

#WikeIsWorking'

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/07/governor-woke-installs-street-lights-in.html

3 Likes

Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by broseme: 9:33pm On Jul 29, 2016

1 Like

Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by StepTwo: 10:03pm On Jul 29, 2016
expect people from the west side to come here and tell us how unnecessary this lights are and how he is oweing 24 months salaries.

modified

see dem trying all best to eat me up.

already labelling me IPÒB.

they won't see those who claim to see no light, they would rather see me who already saw the no light crew coming.

typical westsiders.

66 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by Donexy16(m): 10:26pm On Jul 29, 2016
Nice one. More greese to the elbow of the talk and do governor

6 Likes

Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by mazichika: 10:34pm On Jul 29, 2016
Waiting for my waste side brothers to come and tell us how wike is wasting money here instead of donating the money to aregbesola to pay osun workers tongue

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by flyca: 10:37pm On Jul 29, 2016
Many projects in Nigeria are funny o. I don't care if it is Rivers, or Anambra or Osun, most of them are same - sub-standard.

Take a look at these "light-up" projects for instance. In the past two hours alone I have seen two on NL frontpage - same - detasteful.

The ideal is to make a good road, carve out sections for lower speed vechicles like keke etc, plus the pedestrian paths, with properly defined shoulders. Then light up the road, to the left and right of both lanes. Both ways.

But No - its not done in this part of the world. Even vehicle head lamps "light up" more than the supposed "light-up" lights. Mounting two poles of dim street lights less than half kilometer, powered by generator is no project and doesn't worth all these media stunts. Plus "our governor is working" crew sad

Naija go better is the slogan. The question is - when?

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by Ymodulus: 10:37pm On Jul 29, 2016
where is the light?; Because i see no light.

8 Likes

Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by pdudy: 10:38pm On Jul 29, 2016
In Nigeria, these types of trivial shyts are achievements and political scoring points

Smdh

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by Yian1(m): 10:40pm On Jul 29, 2016
Up NEPA! grin

1 Like

Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by computerboy: 10:40pm On Jul 29, 2016
After 56 years, we are still celebrating street light in this country. Nigeria which way?

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 29, 2016
I pray he is for real....all these nau to earn 2nd tenure. IGG- Initial Gra Gra
Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by ANBAKO: 10:41pm On Jul 29, 2016
Seems "lighting up" somewhere is now the new piggy bank!!!! From Lagos's Ambode to Osun's Aregbesola and now River's Wike.

All the same kudos to you guys....despite the hardship, austerity and recession, you guys are still trying and make the people feel the presence of government in your respective little way!!!!

But can you guys, through your so-called Governors forum, help do something about power so that these "light up" will not be powered by generators
More grease to your elbows!!!

2 Likes

Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by YourNemesis: 10:42pm On Jul 29, 2016
StepTwo:
expect people from the west side to come here and tell us how unnecessary this lights are and how he is oweing 24 months salaries,
mazichika:
Waiting for my waste side brothers to come and tell us how wike is wasting money here instead of donating the money to aregbesola to pay osun workers tongue

Both of you, borrow some sense na.
Yorubas never show two people don already mention them
Are they your lords? LOL The fear of Yoruba is real.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by tomquest: 10:42pm On Jul 29, 2016
Smh. Lack of global exposure is worse than Ebola virus. Why should a mere street light warrant the singing of a governor's praises? As if he installed the lights from his personal bank account? I feel so ashamed and sorry for these category of Nigerians who are best at singing praises.

In saner climes, every local govt authority is tasked with ensuring that neighborhoods are well lit, secured, maintained and cleaned. They don't wait for the governor/mayor. Do we ever ask the criminals at the LGA councils what they do with their allocations?

#QuitCelebratingMediocrity

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by Dongreat(m): 10:42pm On Jul 29, 2016
I swear a lot of citizens in this country is f*ck up mentality. Democracy is not for Nigerians as many are still ancient minded. In developed countries these are done by the council and it's not celebrated but because politicians will steal without doing anything, a mere job like this will be trumpet blown. Until we stop celebrating powerful people and start embracing powerful legacies then we will remain like this, feeding on the crumbs left from our own food.

6 Likes

Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by Middlefinger1: 10:42pm On Jul 29, 2016
seun you need to look into this tribal feud that's brewing here, you can't visit a single thread without seeing them bigots

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by JeremyP(m): 10:42pm On Jul 29, 2016
Donexy16:
Nice one. More greese to the elbow of the talk and do governor
am only seeing car lights

3 Likes

Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jul 29, 2016
StepTwo:
expect people from the west side to come here and tell us how unnecessary this lights are and how he is oweing 24 months salaries,
We're not enemies of progress neither are we supporters of corrupt people and DRUG PUSHERS like you all.

When we see good things we are happy unlike you who develop chronic diabetes and heart attacks.

AMBODE set the pace for you all. Compare Lagos lighting to this despite the oil money.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by EdibleCatering: 10:43pm On Jul 29, 2016
Mstcheeeeeew!!!

1 Like

Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jul 29, 2016
Wike is trying but he borrows a lot.
Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by StepTwo: 10:46pm On Jul 29, 2016
YourNemesis:

Both of you, borrow some sense na. Yorubas never show two people don already mention them Are they your lords? LOL The fear of Yoruba is real.
Bros, Kill yoursef.

3 Likes

Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by ANBAKO: 10:46pm On Jul 29, 2016
JeremyP:
am only seeing car lights

Don't be sentimental.....please put on your glasses

1 Like

Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by ChemicalReaction(f): 10:46pm On Jul 29, 2016
Thumbs up Gov Wike! But Wike is from Wimpey nau.. Or is he suppose to start from Amaechi's village? MODIFIED* Real definition of 'charity begins at home'
Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by YourNemesis: 10:47pm On Jul 29, 2016
StepTwo:

Bros, Kill yoursef.

lol...
Pained OSU ibo.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by DankemzI(m): 10:47pm On Jul 29, 2016
Kudos to Wike, Light up the Environment and shame them grin
Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by caliphas: 10:47pm On Jul 29, 2016
dats gud of him.....
Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by NairaMaster1(m): 10:48pm On Jul 29, 2016
Wike and Amaechi issue
Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by Tekzyflex(m): 10:48pm On Jul 29, 2016
StepTwo:

so you know he's owing....WOW! incredible.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by shammah1(m): 10:49pm On Jul 29, 2016
Good job mister governor
Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by Dafe20(m): 10:49pm On Jul 29, 2016
Where is the light?

2 Likes

Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by Respect55(m): 10:50pm On Jul 29, 2016
Op u r ryt. I live along COE Road sha. Aker Road to be precise. He is trying.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DSS: There’s An ‘influx’ Of Boko Haram Into Lagos / Photos From Goodluck Jonathan's 65th Birthday Celebration / Many Electron Winners Will Return INEC Certificates – Festus Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.