Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

MTN Wow Weekend Data Bonuses A Huge Scam - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Wow Weekend Data Bonuses A Huge Scam (2008 Views)

MTN Give Us Wow Weekend Data Bonus. / New MTN Wow Weekend Data Bonus! / New MTN WOW Weekend Promo! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Wow Weekend Data Bonuses A Huge Scam by daproflinks: 8:45am On Jul 30, 2016
I am so mad right now .I received an sms from mtn that I would get a whooping 17GB if I buy N2000 worth of data.I didn't mind that it was gonna last the weekend I hurriedly subscribed for it .at exactly 12 midnight I put up a few downloads which was not more than 5GB and went to sleep only for me to wake up this morning to check my balance and wow, I have 1.6GB remaining? Hian? I checked again it was for real. I told me self relax maybe it's an error or something. So I calmed down and checked again in 5 minutes and to my horror I was told I have exhausted my data bonus.
I sharply called their customer care and guess what I was told that I actually finished 17GB in six hours like in six freaking hours with which network bros? At 400kbps/second? Abi and the downloads av not even reached half?
Please officially mtn is a scam even their call bonus is a massive scam and please I will appreciate if this post is taken to front page to help unsuspecting victims avoid this..please if you have experience this treachery I will love your comments on what to do to bring this scam of company called MTN to justice

1 Like

Re: MTN Wow Weekend Data Bonuses A Huge Scam by Obinovictor(m): 9:18am On Jul 30, 2016
Thank God say I never fall into the trap
Re: MTN Wow Weekend Data Bonuses A Huge Scam by yoddy(m): 9:20am On Jul 30, 2016
daproflinks:
I am so mad right now .I received an sms from mtn that I would get a whooping 17GB if I buy N2000 worth of data.I didn't mind that it was gonna last the weekend I hurriedly subscribed for it .at exactly 12 midnight I put up a few downloads which was not more than 5GB and went to sleep only for me to wake up this morning to check my balance and wow, I have 1.6GB remaining? Hian? I checked again it was for real. I told me self relax maybe it's an error or something. So I calmed down and checked again in 5 minutes and to my horror I was told I have exhausted my data bonus.
I sharply called their customer care and guess what I was told that I actually finished 17GB in six hours like in six freaking hours with which network bros? At 400kbps/second? Abi and the downloads av not even reached half?
Please officially mtn is a scam even their call bonus is a massive scam and please I will appreciate if this post is taken to front page to help unsuspecting victims avoid this..please if you have experience this treachery I will love your comments on what to do to bring this scam of company called MTN to justice

Was it on a sunday night?

The data bonus is usually valid for the weekend and expires at 11:59pm on sunday.
Re: MTN Wow Weekend Data Bonuses A Huge Scam by ovisprince(m): 9:29am On Jul 30, 2016
it's working well for me though... after enough downloading and streaming
Re: MTN Wow Weekend Data Bonuses A Huge Scam by daproflinks: 11:40am On Jul 30, 2016
ovisprince:
it's working well for me though... after enough downloading and streaming
Streaming? Lol can you share a snapshot of your downloads so far?
Re: MTN Wow Weekend Data Bonuses A Huge Scam by Manyfacedgod(m): 6:28am On Jul 31, 2016
I got scammed too but with a different approach. I recharged with #1,000 and got a wow bonus of 1Gb,but I also activated the #500 for 1Gb (7 days) plan. My thinking was that once the wow data bonus expires they would do the deductions from the normal data plan. Guess what? At some point I got the notification that my allocated data had been exhausted. After just 950Mb worth of browsing ( l've installed a data counting app). I decided to call CC, but was told the wow data bonus was not on offer this weekend (29-30th July), after I got a notification that I have been credited with 1Gb! Imagine that.
Re: MTN Wow Weekend Data Bonuses A Huge Scam by yoddy(m): 6:47am On Jul 31, 2016
Manyfacedgod:
I got scammed too but with a different approach. I recharged with #1,000 and got a wow bonus of 1Gb,but I also activated the #500 for 1Gb (7 days) plan. My thinking was that once the wow data bonus expires they would do the deductions from the normal data plan. Guess what? At some point I got the notification that my allocated data had been exhausted. After just 950Mb worth of browsing ( l've installed a data counting app). I decided to call CC, but was told the wow data bonus was not on offer this weekend (29-30th July), after I got a notification that I have been credited with 1Gb! Imagine that.

Well for some unknown reasons I recharged N501 on Friday 29 July and got the said 1GB which I'm currently using.

It wasn't advertised to me via sms too this weekend so I was cautious.
Re: MTN Wow Weekend Data Bonuses A Huge Scam by Manyfacedgod(m): 6:54am On Jul 31, 2016
yoddy:

Well for some unknown reasons I recharged N501 on Friday 29 July and got the said 1GB which I'm currently using.

...isn't that funny? The cc rep said they cancelled it for the weekend, by you're currently using it. It's just scam jare.
Re: MTN Wow Weekend Data Bonuses A Huge Scam by peeta4u(m): 7:15am On Jul 31, 2016
its a scam, i got d message and subscribed yesterday, but didnt get any data bonus....

Re: MTN Wow Weekend Data Bonuses A Huge Scam by maazi99: 6:55pm On Aug 07, 2016
Those guys smart. Their link has been deleted. I recharged 1k today dem no even pity me
Re: MTN Wow Weekend Data Bonuses A Huge Scam by Kaysalas(m): 11:12pm On Aug 07, 2016
yoddy:

Just curious. How did u load #501?
I tot they only have #500/1000 card "denominations"
Re: MTN Wow Weekend Data Bonuses A Huge Scam by Escodeb(m): 1:00am On Aug 08, 2016
From your bank account or VTU
Kaysalas:

From your bank account or VTU
Re: MTN Wow Weekend Data Bonuses A Huge Scam by yoddy(m): 8:32am On Aug 08, 2016
Kaysalas:

I bought it electronically using GTB's737

(1) (Reply)

What Was Your 2go Star Progress Before You Left It ? / 7 Google Applications You Should Have On Your Android Device / Abeg Who Know How To Unlock My Huawei Phone Locked To Mtn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.