Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,216 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Before Our People Are Wasted... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Before Our People Are Wasted... (593 Views)

How Edo Governor, Obaseki, Wasted N2billion On Maize Farming - Aroms Aigbehi / Why We Are Running Away From Our People After Elections – Katsina Speaker / Jimoh Ibrahim: I Deliberately Wasted Mimiko, Jegede’s Time And Destabilized Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before Our People Are Wasted... by Timichael(m): 9:19am On Jul 30, 2016
I grew up as a Nigerian under very harsh circumstances in a community where civilization was overwhelmingly absent. I could remember the day the then Military Governor of Osun State paid our village a visit, that was the first time I saw tough looking men in Khaki, wielding guns and barking orders in order to protect the Governor. As a kid, I ran away seeing the heavy presence of the military with sirens blaring.
I wasn’t born, but I was told and also read about the Nigerian Civil War. I was also told that the war could have been avoided. And that the Nigerian nation was plunged into civil war because of order from the above. I was also told that those who fought for the unity of the country in the civil war are now forgotten heroes and those who gave the orders are now national heroes. I also read that some GOCs were rendered useless after the war was won with the fear of the unknown. And finally, I read that the war did not solve the problem.
I vehemently say no to a 2nd civil war. I am not ready to tell my children tales of woes. I am not ready to bear arms to kill and maim my brothers, either from the North or the South. Our amalgamation wasn’t a mistake, it was destined to be. My being a Nigerian is never by mistake, it’s for a purpose. Don’t terminate my life because you can’t resolve your individual differences at the top. I have dreams, goals and ambitions. I am sure our politicians will travel out of the country with their families on the outbreak of war, only to return as celebrated heroes.
I am sure Nigeria is greater than the Nigerian politics. Don’t play politics with our lives, for indeed, the state of our economy is killing us already. Let all hands be on deck to proffer solutions to our seemingly unending problems. NIGERIA WE HAIL THEE...
Re: Before Our People Are Wasted... by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 30, 2016
The problem of this country is that people are not ready to b foolish... they want to be wise... every body are claiming to be wise... every body want to be a leader... but no body wish to b controlled...leaders are more than followers, tell me how the country will be stable
.. no good turn in th city... no body want to be foolish... one man cannot sit in Abuja and control 170million people... how will he know if Nigerians are suffering...local government that can reach people's mind has been neglected... most local government in some State are not functioning... I belief Nigerians Unity is NEGOTIABLE"

1 Like

Re: Before Our People Are Wasted... by 36xtr93r: 10:03am On Jul 30, 2016
Everyone should focus on finding what their people want and leave others to peacefully go about their quest for emancipation. No amount of scare-mongering writeups, propaganda and campaigns of calumny powered by tax payers money will keep Nigeria one.

For the Igbos, they simply prefer to pursue their progress as an independent nation which has hitherto been frustrated by this fraudulent union.

The 1914 amalgamation was a terrible mistake. Lord Lugard didn't consult or involve the indigenous people in creating this illegal entity. And the 102 years of existence have shown that the constituent parts are strange bedfellows with irreconcilable value systems.

You really have got no business with someone who doesn't want to be with you. You have the right to self-determination and it's the inalienable right of any indigenous people.

Live and allow others to live. And the sensible way to go about it is to support a simple UN supervised referendum.

2 Likes

Re: Before Our People Are Wasted... by nijabazaar: 10:04am On Jul 30, 2016
When u are tired of things.....war actually looks tantalizin.

A man whos body language and outbursts makes u want to stab him cant prevent war.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Ends Her Visit To The U.S, Jets Out To London. PICS / NIGERIA NAVY STOP DECIEVING THE PUBLIC, COME TO THE CREEKS- Nd Avengers / Report Links Jonathan To Niger Delta Avengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.