Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Photo: Police Rescue Another Chained Child In Ogun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photo: Police Rescue Another Chained Child In Ogun (1005 Views)

Salomi Pagu: Soldiers Rescue Another Chibok Girl / Olufunso Amosun Visits Korede Taiwo, Chained By Father / Chained Generator Spotted In A Police Station.... Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photo: Police Rescue Another Chained Child In Ogun by deantimes(m): 10:25am On Jul 30, 2016
THE Ogun Police Command has rescued   another child, 10-year-old Promise Udeh, found chained in a house at Saraki, Adigbe area of Abeokuta, Ogun State.

She was rescued on Thursday around 7.30 pm when neighbours living close to the building where she was chained alerted the police.

She was rescued barely a week after the police and operatives of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps rescued a nine-year-old boy, Korede Taiwo, chained by his father, Francis, for over a month for stealing.

The father and his step-mother, Kehinde, would soon appear in court.

The acting Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Abimbola Oyeyemi, said Promise was chained by her aunt, Chiamaka Okafor, who accused her of stealing N4,000.

She was said to have been chained for two days (Wednesday and Thursday) before she was rescued.

Oyeyemi said Chiamaka is currently on the run but her husband, Sunday Okafor has been arrested.

Narrating how the police found the child, the police spokesperson said, “We had an information that the girl was chained to a burglarproof window at an uncompleted building at Adigbe area and this led our men to the scene.

“The girl told us that it was her aunty who chained her on the allegation that she stole a sum of N4,000. The woman is now on the run, while her husband, who is an accomplice, has been arrested and he is helping us in our investigation.”

Chiamaka, however, escaped arrest on Friday around 4pm, when the Divisional Police Officer of Adigbe led a team of policemen and journalists to the home of the Okafors, tucked in the inner part of the area.

On sighting the police team, she allegedly fled through the backdoor, leaving behind her four children including a baby of about six months.

One of them, Godwin said,”our mummy has gone to buy baby food.”

A frantic search for her in the neighbourhood did not yield any positive result. However, three of the Okafors’ relatives and a tenant who occupied the boys quarters in the house, were arrested.

The tenant, Segun Poviesi, who’s a Beninese, said the landlady (Chiamaka) was still in the house, barely few minutes before the arrival of the police team.

He said, “She was still around about two minutes before you arrived here. I could hear splash of water from the bathroom of the main building. But I did not know how she escaped.”

But his fiancee, Omotoyosi Odu, confirmed that Chiamaka, who is the landlady, indeed chained Promise, adding that she was starved for the two days before she was rescued. She told the policemen that the victim was first chained to burglarproof iron in the Okafors’ kitchen, before she was later transferred to a room in the uncompleted part of the boys quarters.

She said, “At a point, when the girl was chained to the window in the kitchen, she was crying out to me that ‘I should please give her food.’ Other neighbours too heared her cry.

“Then the landlord had left home for their shop at Pansheke Market. Later, the girl was moved to the boys’ quarters and chained again. Some of us tried to intervene but she warned us to steer clear, because it was none of our business.”

It could not be established whether Promise is a relation of the Okafors or a housemaid.

Meanwhile, Oyeyemi, an Assistant Superintendent of Police, said the new state Commissioner of Police, has ordered the arrest of the fleeing suspect,Chiamaka, who allegedly chained the victim.

He said, “The Commissioner of Police, IIiyasu Ahmed, has ordered a manhunt for the fleeing woman in order to bring her to justice, so as to serve as deterrent to others.

“The commissioner of police is not happy with the situation barely a week after one Korede Taiwo was equally rescued from similar situation.

“The matter is under investigation and the police is after Chiamaka Okafor. As soon as we complete the investigation, they will be charged to court.”

Promise has been moved to the welfare home, Stella Obasanjo Children’s Home, Ibara GRA, Abeokuta.

http://.com/police-rescue-another-chained-child-in-ogun/

Re: Photo: Police Rescue Another Chained Child In Ogun by ckmayoca: 10:30am On Jul 30, 2016
Wetin dey happen oh.
Re: Photo: Police Rescue Another Chained Child In Ogun by Thewrath(m): 10:31am On Jul 30, 2016
Bad.
Re: Photo: Police Rescue Another Chained Child In Ogun by Tolexander: 10:35am On Jul 30, 2016
Na the new trend be this abi?

The couple think the girl is going to be adopted again by the first lady abi?

E be like say they don't know that in Nigeria, the trailblazer takes it all. Any other ones happening after are considered nuisance.

Talking the past occurrences that were rewarded; Stow away boy, photobomb girl, Chibok girl(Aminat). The trailblazers got all the rewards while those emulating them just got something close to suffering.
Re: Photo: Police Rescue Another Chained Child In Ogun by bullseye90(m): 10:39am On Jul 30, 2016
Again? what this world turning into? chaining a child lik an animal. they should b caught n punished accordingly.... ndiara!

bullseye
Re: Photo: Police Rescue Another Chained Child In Ogun by Young03(m): 10:43am On Jul 30, 2016
Ndi ofe mmanu maka y?
ee una think say everybody mad like una
waiting for them to come answer me
Re: Photo: Police Rescue Another Chained Child In Ogun by SaiNigeria: 10:46am On Jul 30, 2016
All I can see here is that Chiamaka is the landlady..... thus corroborating the claim that Igbos have taken over Yoruba land and rendered them tenants in their own backyard

3 Likes

Re: Photo: Police Rescue Another Chained Child In Ogun by Abduljohn(m): 10:46am On Jul 30, 2016
Hmmm! I wonder what chaining a stealing child will do to him or her.
Ask the woman if she never stole

I tire for how heartless people are nowadays
Re: Photo: Police Rescue Another Chained Child In Ogun by Beremx(f): 10:52am On Jul 30, 2016
So chaining and starving a child is now the latest form of punishing a child?
na wa o!
Re: Photo: Police Rescue Another Chained Child In Ogun by phemmyutd(m): 10:54am On Jul 30, 2016
saiNDAvengers:
All I can see here is that Chiamaka is the landlady..... thus corroborating the claim that Igbos have taken over Yoruba land and rendered them tenants in their own backyard

Can you see how sick you are?

Get well Soon

2 Likes

Re: Photo: Police Rescue Another Chained Child In Ogun by Mologi(m): 11:04am On Jul 30, 2016
NIGERIA IS PROGRESSING........
Re: Photo: Police Rescue Another Chained Child In Ogun by Puvour: 11:16am On Jul 30, 2016
saiNDAvengers:
You get eye defect if that's all you see. But I'm not sorry for you sha. People with good 'sight' would see a normadic ugandan who sought and found economic solace in the more prosperous West. (I do not expect ugandan Igbos to see it that way cuz they are blind and undescerning by heredity) By the way, I thought ipods don't stay in Abeokuta, only in Lagos no man's land. And you all were rolling on floor over the other case shouting Yoruba. But the whole world now knows those that import criminality to the west from their erosion region grin

5 Likes

Re: Photo: Police Rescue Another Chained Child In Ogun by deantimes(m): 11:43am On Jul 30, 2016
Lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: Photo: Police Rescue Another Chained Child In Ogun by Hezbola: 11:48am On Jul 30, 2016
Disturbing trend. Bleep this nation.

Re: Photo: Police Rescue Another Chained Child In Ogun by richidinho(m): 12:02pm On Jul 30, 2016
bullseye90:
Again? what this world turning into? chaining a child lik an animal. they should b caught n punished accordingly.... ndiara!

bullseye

Point of correction, what this yoruba tribe is turning into?

1 Like

Re: Photo: Police Rescue Another Chained Child In Ogun by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 30, 2016
shocked
Re: Photo: Police Rescue Another Chained Child In Ogun by Luckymay(f): 12:31pm On Jul 30, 2016
Child abuse.
Re: Photo: Police Rescue Another Chained Child In Ogun by alade112(m): 12:43pm On Jul 30, 2016
richidinho:

Chiamaka Okafor and promise udeh are yoruba names abi

4 Likes

Re: Photo: Police Rescue Another Chained Child In Ogun by ycat: 3:53pm On Jul 30, 2016
ibo chained ibo, how is that Yoruba's problem? Take responsibility for your actions once in your miserable life, and stop calling Yoruba into all your problems.
richidinho:

2 Likes

Re: Photo: Police Rescue Another Chained Child In Ogun by Almaiga: 4:35pm On Jul 30, 2016
The Ugandans have don it again, them no dey carry eyes see money. How much is #4k for goodness sake?

(1) (Reply)

Finally ! . . . Oyo - Ogbomosho Road Flagged Off / Why Senate Refused To Confirm EFCC Boss, Magu – Social Times / Abundant Nigeria Renewal Party.. The Real Party For Nigeria Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.