Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,024 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:33 AM

Pastor Fails To Resurrect After Telling People To Bury Him Alive - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Fails To Resurrect After Telling People To Bury Him Alive (3347 Views)

Kenyan Pastor Storms Mortuary To Resurrect Wife, But Failed (Photos) / Kenyan Church Members In A Mortuary To 'Resurrect Dead People' (photo) / Pastor Fails To Resurrect After Telling People To Bury Him Alive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Fails To Resurrect After Telling People To Bury Him Alive by hahn(m): 12:11pm On Jul 30, 2016

Five members of the same family were charged with the murder of a prophet who had been called to their their home in the village of Mazonde, Zimbabwe to help them cleanse their house of evil spirits.

According to local newspaper, Zed 24 News, the accused family identified as Leanmore Mutero, Tonderai Muswere, Michael Muchengeti, Manasa Mutero and Nicholas Mutero, appeared at the High Court in Harare facing a murder charge for participating in the death of self-professed Prophet Shamiso Kanyama, who accidentally died during a healing ceremony.

Pastor Kanyama had reportedly asked his followers to bury him alive so that he could summon more cleansing powers to heal the family that had been plagued by mysterious deaths.

Zed 24 News reports that High Court Justice Owen Tagu heard how on that day, the late pastor had been invited to attend the home in the Muzarabani district, which is situated along the Mozambique-Zimbabwe border, by their priest, Zvidzai Muchengeti.

The five men had requested the priest to help them clean their home of evil spirits, because it was causing mysterious deaths in their family.

Responding to their request to perform a healing ceremony, Kanyama had ordered his followers to dig a grave and bury him alive because that was the way he summoned more healing powers to ward off evil spirits. However, the plan backfired on the prophet when instead of being resurrected as he supposed, the men dug up the grave again to find him dead.

Kanyama helped to dig his own grave before praying and jumping inside, Father Zvidzai, who has turned State witness, told the High Court. He continued that after laying face down in the grave, he ordered his followers to start covering him with soil.

“He pegged a grave-shaped pit in front of my hut and asked for help to dig the pit,” Zvidzai continued. “Deceased requested to be buried alive so that he would gain power to drive away the evil forces.”

Fearing for the life of the prophet as the men were in the process of filling the grave, he requested the men to stop what they were doing, Joseph Taderera told Justice Tagu.

However, they ignored his pleas when Kanyama urged them to continue the process of burying him alive, stating that he would rise from the grave unharmed.

“I warned the men about the danger of their actions, but my advice fell on deaf ears because Kanyama shouted, telling me that I am disturbing his angels, and urged them to continue filling the grave, saying that he would later come out alive,” Taderera said.

Source: http://guardian.ng/news/pastor-fails-to-resurrect-after-telling-people-to-bury-him-alive/
Re: Pastor Fails To Resurrect After Telling People To Bury Him Alive by hahn(m): 12:11pm On Jul 30, 2016
Hilarious grin
Re: Pastor Fails To Resurrect After Telling People To Bury Him Alive by mhisbliss(f): 12:14pm On Jul 30, 2016
cool
Re: Pastor Fails To Resurrect After Telling People To Bury Him Alive by hahn(m): 12:16pm On Jul 30, 2016
mhisbliss:
cool

Who do you think is to blame? The pastor or God?
Re: Pastor Fails To Resurrect After Telling People To Bury Him Alive by mhisbliss(f): 12:17pm On Jul 30, 2016
hahn:

do not test the lord your God

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Fails To Resurrect After Telling People To Bury Him Alive by henryvirus(m): 12:21pm On Jul 30, 2016
hahn:

That shouldn't be the question. It should be "what weed did he smoke before he authorized his own live funeral" He came to eradicate evil spirits........ And got eradicated himself
Re: Pastor Fails To Resurrect After Telling People To Bury Him Alive by MzDesire(f): 12:23pm On Jul 30, 2016
Hmmn....endtime
Re: Pastor Fails To Resurrect After Telling People To Bury Him Alive by hahn(m): 12:25pm On Jul 30, 2016
henryvirus:

That shouldn't be the question. It should be "what weed did he smoke before he authorized his own live funeral" He came to eradicate evil spirits........ And got eradicated himself

Maybe God commanded him to do that just like he commanded Abraham to sacrifice Isaac smiley

8 Likes

Re: Pastor Fails To Resurrect After Telling People To Bury Him Alive by soberdrunk(m): 12:30pm On Jul 30, 2016
I LIKE TO IMAGINE THAT WHEN ANGELS IN HEAVEN ARE WATCHING HUMANS ON THEIR HEAVENLY CHANNELS"(like a television) AND THEY TUNE TO THE AFRICAN CHANNEL, DEM GO BEGIN LAUGH COS NA DER ALL THE FUNNIEST AND STUPIDIEST" THINGS YOU CAN EVER IMAGINE DEY HAPPEN. Angel Gabriel be like "MIKEY TUNE TO AFRICAN REALITY LETS HAVE A GOOD LAUGH"......

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Fails To Resurrect After Telling People To Bury Him Alive by 4kings: 12:35pm On Jul 30, 2016
This is as a result of hearing voices and refusing to go and see a psychologist.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Fails To Resurrect After Telling People To Bury Him Alive by tonio2wo: 12:38pm On Jul 30, 2016
Good!
Re: Pastor Fails To Resurrect After Telling People To Bury Him Alive by joseff14(m): 12:38pm On Jul 30, 2016
the guy wan copy jesus. he was ignorant of the fact that jesus cannot save himself from death not to talk of another man. what a pity!!!
otemanuduno, come and see something.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Fails To Resurrect After Telling People To Bury Him Alive by hahn(m): 12:54pm On Jul 30, 2016
soberdrunk:
I LIKE TO IMAGINE THAT WHEN ANGELS IN HEAVEN ARE WATCHING HUMANS ON THEIR HEAVENLY CHANNELS"(like a television) AND THEY TUNE TO THE AFRICAN CHANNEL, DEM GO BEGIN LAUGH COS NA DER ALL THE FUNNIEST AND STUPIDIEST" THINGS YOU CAN EVER IMAGINE DEY HAPPEN. Angel Gabriel be like "MIKEY TUNE TO AFRICAN REALITY LETS HAVE A GOOD LAUGH"......

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

I swear you get am!
Re: Pastor Fails To Resurrect After Telling People To Bury Him Alive by hahn(m): 12:56pm On Jul 30, 2016
4kings:
This is as a result of hearing voices and refusing to go and see a psychologist.

joseff14:
the guy wan copy jesus. he was ignorant of the fact that jesus cannot save himself from death not to talk of another man. what a pity!!!
otemanuduno, come and see something.

It was God's will

God spoke to him to kill himself so he can prove to the world how great it is

These are things of the spirit

You won't understand

Jehovah is great

smiley

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Fails To Resurrect After Telling People To Bury Him Alive by kiddoiLL(m): 12:57pm On Jul 30, 2016
lol..mumu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Fails To Resurrect After Telling People To Bury Him Alive by joseff14(m): 1:17pm On Jul 30, 2016
hahn:

It was God's will

God spoke to him to kill himself so he can prove to the world how great it is

These are things of the spirit

You won't understand

Jehovah is great

smiley

grin grin
Re: Pastor Fails To Resurrect After Telling People To Bury Him Alive by otemanuduno: 1:33pm On Jul 30, 2016
joseff14:

grin grin

Leave them. This is just the beginning. More will come until people like Muafrika2 and Mrzenographer will start using their brains rather than their book(word of their gods) to live their lives. The man died by the word of Eusebius he read, that GREATER THINGS DONE BY JESUS SHALL HE ALSO DO.
ALL THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE ALLOWED THE EVIL CHRISTIAN FAITH TO OVERCOME THEIR REASONING HAVE DIED SIMILAR DEATH. ONE ENTERED LION'S DEN AND HE WAS CHEWED TO DEATH. goddys was one of those who practised the prophecy like as of old(lying prophecy called Urim) and he failed woefully.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Fails To Resurrect After Telling People To Bury Him Alive by KingEbukaNaija: 1:37pm On Jul 30, 2016
Funny people . That's if the story is true
Re: Pastor Fails To Resurrect After Telling People To Bury Him Alive by winner01(m): 1:39pm On Jul 30, 2016
Okay. He is on his own.

If he likes he should ask them to nail him to the cross and plan to ressurect the third day.

Re: Pastor Fails To Resurrect After Telling People To Bury Him Alive by 4kings: 1:47pm On Jul 30, 2016
winner01:
Okay. He is on his own.

If he likes he should ask them to nail him to the cross and plan to ressurect the third day.
@yourmeme
He was trying to be like him(Jesus)

1 Like

Re: Pastor Fails To Resurrect After Telling People To Bury Him Alive by Seun(m): 1:50pm On Jul 30, 2016
What a stupid murder cover-up story. So the pastor made no effort to get out when he started suffocating? I don't buy it. They murdered him.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Fails To Resurrect After Telling People To Bury Him Alive by KingEbukaNaija: 1:54pm On Jul 30, 2016
Seun:
What a stupid murder cover-up story. So the pastor made no effort to get out when he started suffocating? I don't buy it. They murdered him.

Or it could just be a hoax wink

1 Like

Re: Pastor Fails To Resurrect After Telling People To Bury Him Alive by Topgainer: 2:00pm On Jul 30, 2016
Nigerian fake pastors and prophets are way smarter. They don't engage in such risky stunts like jumping from the sky, flying faulty jets or hiring cheap inexperienced pilots, fasting 40 days and night, walking on water, falling under anointing themselves especially on a hard concrete floor instead they delegate the sheep to take the fall.

While they manage events in padded auditorium the sheep with their inexperience would be sent to very hostile environment to build branches and forward monetary returns to Headquarters. Southern African prophets and fake pastors are still evolving, they have not yet known the limits of their trickery and stunts

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Fails To Resurrect After Telling People To Bury Him Alive by winner01(m): 2:00pm On Jul 30, 2016
4kings:

@yourmeme
He was trying to be like him(Jesus)
Jesus did not ask his followers to die and ressurect na. undecided
Re: Pastor Fails To Resurrect After Telling People To Bury Him Alive by Niflheim(m): 2:01pm On Jul 30, 2016
This is so sad.

But not withstanding, I agree 100% with @4kings!!!

Temporal lobe eplilepsy, mental illness, hallucinatory mushrooms, drunkeness, oxygen deprivation, taking excessive amounts of cough medicine, and climbing high mountains without a proper breathing apparatus, are the only things in this world that can make a man to hear "god"!!!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Fails To Resurrect After Telling People To Bury Him Alive by hahn(m): 2:02pm On Jul 30, 2016
winner01:

To be LIKE HIM

Jesus died and resurrected, didn't he?

You are confused

Obviously

undecided

1 Like

Re: Pastor Fails To Resurrect After Telling People To Bury Him Alive by 4kings: 2:03pm On Jul 30, 2016
winner01:
He told them to do greater works, so I guess the pastor acted in faith.
Re: Pastor Fails To Resurrect After Telling People To Bury Him Alive by KingEbukaNaija: 2:06pm On Jul 30, 2016
4kings:

The pretext was showboating .
Re: Pastor Fails To Resurrect After Telling People To Bury Him Alive by winner01(m): 2:08pm On Jul 30, 2016
hahn:

To be LIKE HIM

Jesus died and resurrected, didn't he?

You are confused

Obviously

undecided
Shouldnt you start telling christians to ascend into the heavens like Jesus did? undecided
Re: Pastor Fails To Resurrect After Telling People To Bury Him Alive by winner01(m): 2:12pm On Jul 30, 2016
4kings:

naah, the pastor acted on his own accord.
Re: Pastor Fails To Resurrect After Telling People To Bury Him Alive by 4kings: 2:12pm On Jul 30, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

The pretext was showboating .
What, showboating in this serious situation.
I don't agree, I believe he acted in faith, probably he will wake up another day. lol
Re: Pastor Fails To Resurrect After Telling People To Bury Him Alive by 4kings: 2:19pm On Jul 30, 2016
winner01:
naah, the pastor acted on his own accord.
Why the denial.
Don't u think the pastor knows that it is not by strength - sayest the lord.
And call upon the lord and he would show u great and mighty things which thou knowest not - says his God (jer 33:3)

Therefore he acted in faith in his God.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hello Truthman2012, I Have A Message For You. / Is God Partial; Thoughts From The Jacob And Esau Biblical Story / Are You Sure You Are The Owner Of Your Mind?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.