Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

2016 Rio Olympics: Jonathan Akinyemi’s First Nigerian Athlete To Arrive Rio - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2016 Rio Olympics: Jonathan Akinyemi’s First Nigerian Athlete To Arrive Rio (12529 Views)

2018 World Cup : Iran Becomes The First World Cup Team To Arrive In Russia / Nigerian Athlete Blessing Okagbare Breaks 22-year-old African Record / FIFA World Cup Trophy To Arrive In Nigeria March 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2016 Rio Olympics: Jonathan Akinyemi’s First Nigerian Athlete To Arrive Rio by robosky02(m): 12:13pm On Jul 30, 2016
Nigerian canoeist, Jonathan Akinyemi has arrived in Rio, Brazil ahead of the 2016 Summer Olympic Games which begins in the Brazilian City of Rio on August 5.

Akinyemi is ready to compete in Rio Games.GO FOR GOLD: Jonathan Akinyemi competing in Kayak at the 2012 London Olympics. Akinyemi is ready to compete in Rio Games. Akinyemi, who will represent Nigeria at the Olympics for the second successive time in the canoe/slalom kayak event at the Rio 2016 Olympics, arrived Brazil on Tuesday, ahead of the rest members of Team Nigeria. He was received at the Games Village by officials of Team Nigeria.

‘’He immediately got down to work and has not slowed down since he hit Rio’’, an excited official of Nigeria Olympic Committee said. Born in England, Jonathan Akinyemi is the first Nigerian to compete in the canoeing event of the Olympic Games. He qualified as Nigeria’s only canoeist to Rio 2016 in the men’s K-1 class by obtaining a top finish at the 2015 African Canoe Slalom Championships in Sagana, Kenya which makes him a medal hopeful at the Rio Games.

: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/akinyemis-first-nigerian-athlete-arrive-rio/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 Rio Olympics: Jonathan Akinyemi’s First Nigerian Athlete To Arrive Rio by robosky02(m): 12:19pm On Jul 30, 2016
men who know how to plan are already there.

lets go there

5 Likes

Re: 2016 Rio Olympics: Jonathan Akinyemi’s First Nigerian Athlete To Arrive Rio by robosky02(m): 12:27pm On Jul 30, 2016
Jonathan Akinyemi
Nigeria - Men

Fast Facts

AKA: Johny

Discipline: Kayak (K1) Men

DOB: November 22, 1988

Born: Warrington, Great Britain

Training location: Bala and Nottingham

Main sponsors: Peak UK, Cool Blue Canoes, Qfor

Coach: John Cofie Akinyemi

4 Likes

Re: 2016 Rio Olympics: Jonathan Akinyemi’s First Nigerian Athlete To Arrive Rio by kings09(m): 12:36pm On Jul 30, 2016
Am sure he paid his t-fare.

3 Likes

Re: 2016 Rio Olympics: Jonathan Akinyemi’s First Nigerian Athlete To Arrive Rio by MadeInTokyo: 12:37pm On Jul 30, 2016
No be by first to come, na to win medal come back

3 Likes

Re: 2016 Rio Olympics: Jonathan Akinyemi’s First Nigerian Athlete To Arrive Rio by petrov10: 12:38pm On Jul 30, 2016
buhari refused to sponsor the team ok na

7 Likes

Re: 2016 Rio Olympics: Jonathan Akinyemi’s First Nigerian Athlete To Arrive Rio by hucienda: 12:38pm On Jul 30, 2016
Go for gold, boy! cool

Keep up the good job!

NCAN members, over to you.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 Rio Olympics: Jonathan Akinyemi’s First Nigerian Athlete To Arrive Rio by AlphaCentauri: 12:39pm On Jul 30, 2016
he would fit in brazil. he looks brazillian

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 Rio Olympics: Jonathan Akinyemi’s First Nigerian Athlete To Arrive Rio by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 30, 2016
Make first to reach Rio no turn to last on event day ooo

Because most times na otu dey first reach field cheesy grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2016 Rio Olympics: Jonathan Akinyemi’s First Nigerian Athlete To Arrive Rio by iamauxin(m): 12:39pm On Jul 30, 2016
I don't know why I'm finding hard to believe this guy is a Nigerian?....

4 Likes

Re: 2016 Rio Olympics: Jonathan Akinyemi’s First Nigerian Athlete To Arrive Rio by amdoyin82(m): 12:40pm On Jul 30, 2016
Nice one Omo Yoruba atata..

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2016 Rio Olympics: Jonathan Akinyemi’s First Nigerian Athlete To Arrive Rio by sayyid(m): 12:41pm On Jul 30, 2016
MadeInTokyo:
No be by first to come, na to win medal come back
but he should be at least appreciated because it shows that he really has his country at heart

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2016 Rio Olympics: Jonathan Akinyemi’s First Nigerian Athlete To Arrive Rio by promisealor(f): 12:42pm On Jul 30, 2016
He doesn't look like a Nigerian undecided
Re: 2016 Rio Olympics: Jonathan Akinyemi’s First Nigerian Athlete To Arrive Rio by Ejaykeo(f): 12:43pm On Jul 30, 2016
iamauxin:
I don't know why I'm finding hard to believe this guy is a Nigerian?....
he might be mixed

1 Like

Re: 2016 Rio Olympics: Jonathan Akinyemi’s First Nigerian Athlete To Arrive Rio by gurunlocker: 12:43pm On Jul 30, 2016
Looks like a 100% white.... Cute guy
Re: 2016 Rio Olympics: Jonathan Akinyemi’s First Nigerian Athlete To Arrive Rio by konkonbilo(m): 12:44pm On Jul 30, 2016
nice one
Re: 2016 Rio Olympics: Jonathan Akinyemi’s First Nigerian Athlete To Arrive Rio by robosky02(m): 12:45pm On Jul 30, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
he would fit in brazil. he looks brazillian

naija blood....

1 Like

Re: 2016 Rio Olympics: Jonathan Akinyemi’s First Nigerian Athlete To Arrive Rio by teasel: 12:46pm On Jul 30, 2016
He's obviously biracial so what's with the comments undecided

1 Like

Re: 2016 Rio Olympics: Jonathan Akinyemi’s First Nigerian Athlete To Arrive Rio by brainpower(m): 12:46pm On Jul 30, 2016
It's quite heartbreaking that nobody is saying anything about the fact that the athletes are sponsoring themselves to this event. Funny enough, when they win medals and come back, they will be hosted to a "presidential dinner" and PMB's media house will make it look like it's his victory.
We have a sports minister that's always forming agile and up to date and yet his behaviour towards this Olympics is very disappointing. If it is to wear beret and meet with some cult boys in the name of dialogue with militants, he will carry first. This is the first time since I was born that the government is nonchalant about an even as big as olympics.

8 Likes

Re: 2016 Rio Olympics: Jonathan Akinyemi’s First Nigerian Athlete To Arrive Rio by Ikwokrikwo: 12:47pm On Jul 30, 2016
I hope he is not on drugs like Tosin Adeloye. Anyway he obviously didnt grow up in the South wàste.

5 Likes

Re: 2016 Rio Olympics: Jonathan Akinyemi’s First Nigerian Athlete To Arrive Rio by slowbreeze(f): 12:48pm On Jul 30, 2016
Wow! D guy try sha.Such ppl shuld b encouraged..
Re: 2016 Rio Olympics: Jonathan Akinyemi’s First Nigerian Athlete To Arrive Rio by iamauxin(m): 12:48pm On Jul 30, 2016
Ejaykeo:
he might be mixed
okay wink

I don't know what's wrong with me, anytime someone mentions me I just take a moment and view the person's pix... nice pix you've got there.
Re: 2016 Rio Olympics: Jonathan Akinyemi’s First Nigerian Athlete To Arrive Rio by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 30, 2016
Kayaking in the bacteria-infested waters of Rio. I don't envy him. Good luck to him.
Re: 2016 Rio Olympics: Jonathan Akinyemi’s First Nigerian Athlete To Arrive Rio by AlphaCentauri: 12:52pm On Jul 30, 2016
robosky02:

naija blood....
most brazillians are yorubas. thats where they took many yorubas during slavery. so they mixed with spanish and look half caste now. so he looks like them cuz he is half caste and nigerian. daz all am sayin brah
Re: 2016 Rio Olympics: Jonathan Akinyemi’s First Nigerian Athlete To Arrive Rio by lonelydora: 12:52pm On Jul 30, 2016
Bros, just concentrate on why you are there in Rio, forget about all those Brazilian girls throwing yansh upandan. They may entice you with their sexy body, just don't look their way.

Meanwhile, how did he source for funds?

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Rio Olympics: Jonathan Akinyemi’s First Nigerian Athlete To Arrive Rio by nightmile: 12:52pm On Jul 30, 2016
Ikwokrikwo:
I hope he is not on drugs like Tosin Adeloye. Anyway he obviously didnt grow up in the South wàste.

We know you are from the criminal republic , you need no further introduction. Akpu brain

1 Like

Re: 2016 Rio Olympics: Jonathan Akinyemi’s First Nigerian Athlete To Arrive Rio by EMMYB0Y(m): 12:54pm On Jul 30, 2016
God bless u my Nigerian brother. ... rep us well bro. .. at least u really want to work for your country despite every odds. . unlike some morons that will still post comment to stain our only country .. ...
Re: 2016 Rio Olympics: Jonathan Akinyemi’s First Nigerian Athlete To Arrive Rio by robosky02(m): 12:55pm On Jul 30, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
most brazillians are yorubas. thats where they took many yorubas during slavery. so they mixed with spanish and look half caste now. so he looks like them cuz he is half caste and nigerian. daz all am sayin brah

The 27-year-old is Nigeria’s only hope of winning its first Olympic medal in Canoeing.

He was Born in England, Akinyemi is the first Nigerian to compete in the canoeing event of the Olympic Games.

3 Likes

Re: 2016 Rio Olympics: Jonathan Akinyemi’s First Nigerian Athlete To Arrive Rio by AlphaCentauri: 12:56pm On Jul 30, 2016
robosky02:

The 27-year-old is Nigeria’s only hope of winning its first Olympic medal in Canoeing.

He was Born in England, Akinyemi is the first Nigerian to compete in the canoeing event of the Olympic Games.
bro are you drunk ? i did not say he is not nigerian. i simply said he looks brazillian. comprehende ?

1 Like

Re: 2016 Rio Olympics: Jonathan Akinyemi’s First Nigerian Athlete To Arrive Rio by pek(m): 12:56pm On Jul 30, 2016
Lazy journalism. You copied an article from the net and can't even edit it. Shame.
robosky02:
Nigerian canoeist, Jonathan Akinyemi has arrived in Rio, Brazil ahead of the 2016 Summer Olympic Games which begins in the Brazilian City of Rio on August 5.

Akinyemi is ready to compete in Rio Games.GO FOR GOLD: Jonathan Akinyemi competing in Kayak at the 2012 London Olympics. Akinyemi is ready to compete in Rio Games. Akinyemi, who will represent Nigeria at the Olympics for the second successive time in the canoe/slalom kayak event at the Rio 2016 Olympics, arrived Brazil on Tuesday, ahead of the rest members of Team Nigeria. He was received at the Games Village by officials of Team Nigeria.

‘’He immediately got down to work and has not slowed down since he hit Rio’’, an excited official of Nigeria Olympic Committee said. Born in England, Jonathan Akinyemi is the first Nigerian to compete in the canoeing event of the Olympic Games. He qualified as Nigeria’s only canoeist to Rio 2016 in the men’s K-1 class by obtaining a top finish at the 2015 African Canoe Slalom Championships in Sagana, Kenya which makes him a medal hopeful at the Rio Games.

: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/akinyemis-first-nigerian-athlete-arrive-rio/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Opeyemi Ajakaye And Esther Onyenezide Move From FC Robo To Madrid CFF / Tips180 Is The Best Football Prediction Website! / Ighalo Set For Eagles Comeback, Included In Squad To Face Cape Verde, Liberia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.