Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Can The Igbos, Ever Correct The Past?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can The Igbos, Ever Correct The Past?? (732 Views)

Ekiti 2018: "APDA Shall Correct The Aberration Of PDP"- Party Youths / Obasanjo To Buhari: "Stop Dwelling In The Past" / Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can The Igbos, Ever Correct The Past?? by Hotsemo: 1:56pm On Jul 30, 2016
CAN THE IGBOS, EVER CORRECT THE PAST??

Between1963-1966....…President.....…Igbo ma
Senate President....…..Igbo man
Chief of Army Staff....….Igbo man
Chief of Air staff.....…......Igbo man.
Chief of Naval staff.........Igbo man
70% of all Commissioned Army officers ....Igbos.

There were 4 regions, North, East, West and Midwest...…..2 of the Premiers, i.e East and Midwest, were Igbos.....,,
Most high ranking Ministers, were Igbos.......
Yet 5 Igbo Young Soldiers overthrew this Igbo dominated Government, accusing it of Corruption, yet no Igbo Politician was killed in that Coup......those who died were all none Igbos.

The Coup failed and the man who became Head of State was Igbo, instead of Pacifying the other tribes, for their losses by executing the coup Plotters, he relocated them to Enugu Prison, for safety, dissolved the regional Government, abolished Fiscal Federalism, and introduced a Central command controlled Unitary Government, he did not also bother to Probe all Past Igbo Politicians.....,,,

So when the retaliation came, it was a clearly an over reaction, because the bottled up anger was too much, instead of the retaliations, to be limited only to the Politicians and Barracks, the Civilian Populations sided with their Army brothers and butchered many innocent Igbo People, Particularly in the streets of Kano, were an average of 1,000 Igbos were being killed daily in Sabon gari Kano..........this led to a mass exodus of Igbos back home and of course retaliated their deaths by killing Northerners in Igbolands.......Dim Ojukwu who was against the initial 5 Igbo boys coup and help foiled the Coup, was so annoyed by the rate his innocent kinsmen were being butchered for what was supposed to be a Purely military affair,.......he Pleaded with the North to stop the orgy of Violence, but it became worse, Pushed to Wall to safe his People, he declared secession.........he lost, and went on exile.

He later came back Contested Presidential elections, but his own People voted massively against him, they Preferred Obasanjo to him,....…again in 2007, they voted Yaradua, against Ojukwu.

In Obansanjo regime, for being loyal and betraying Ojukwu, they were rewarded with the Senate Presidency........and what was their achievement??......impeaching who ever is on that seat every 2 years, from Evans Enwerem,to Okadigbo, to Adolphus Wabara, to Pius Anyim and Kenneth Nnamani.......A Position that David Mark was able to manage for a whole 8 years.. …......These baffles me a lot, because the average Igbo man is very intelligent....so what is wrong??.....I think it is this...…"if I cannot have it no other Igbo man should have it, so let's pull it down""...….and to me this character originated from Ancient times...….so Controversial, that they never had any centralised King,.....they never had any Empire.

Cc: Mynd44
Re: Can The Igbos, Ever Correct The Past?? by bullseye90(m): 2:11pm On Jul 30, 2016
let the Igbo come n defend themselves.... ftc
Re: Can The Igbos, Ever Correct The Past?? by hitman2015: 2:16pm On Jul 30, 2016
But we are correcting the future. The next China, Coming soon....
Re: Can The Igbos, Ever Correct The Past?? by Oche211(m): 2:49pm On Jul 30, 2016
Pls tell them oo. This is the problem with the igbos.
Watch as they will come to attack the messengers ( Op nd even me) bt leave the message
Re: Can The Igbos, Ever Correct The Past?? by rhymaster: 2:58pm On Jul 30, 2016
Ibos will wail and cry and curse on this thread but they can never erase these facts! This is why no one in Nigeria and outside gives a shaite about them! Their plans against the rest of Nigeria was turned on its head by other Nigerians, hence they've been crying since 1645.

1 Like

Re: Can The Igbos, Ever Correct The Past?? by HtwoOw: 3:36pm On Jul 30, 2016
hehehehhe

Wicked write up , but try to add links from wiki and google history so that they won't claim it was fabricated

Yeebos don't know what they want

That's what dabullit will say they banned him for commenting on a topic , his comment " and your family too" was regarded as an insult and bullying

Smh for some of those moderators
Re: Can The Igbos, Ever Correct The Past?? by 9japride(m): 4:48pm On Jul 30, 2016
That was the era of competence, not this present quota system where one dullard with backing from cabals will be given sensitive positions
Re: Can The Igbos, Ever Correct The Past?? by kettle84(m): 4:54pm On Jul 30, 2016
rhymaster:
Ibos will wail and cry and curse on this thread but they can never erase these facts! This is why no one in Nigeria and outside gives a shaite about them! Their plans against the rest of Nigeria was turned on its head by other Nigerians, hence they've been crying since 1645.
Look inside yourself and see who no one gives shait about. Igbos are not ass lickers and cowards. Hausa can't treat us the way they did to you after all you ass licking over the years. Buhari came to us twice before going to you. we posses the brains and blessings of God to bring down prosperity. From OBJ ,Year adua to GEJ it has been igbo technocrats but see this administration and compare.pls stop your unwarranted outburst.

2 Likes

Re: Can The Igbos, Ever Correct The Past?? by koladebrainiac(m): 5:00pm On Jul 30, 2016
If igbos can learn to look inward
I love them
But an average igbo man is over sentimental. They attached too many feelings to their actions .
They keep making the same mistake over and over again.

Like in 1960
They started a coup plot ever in nigeria despite having everything going for them they lost and blame Yoruba for it.

Aguiyi ironsi became head of state.
He is not inteligent anf cant handle power he lost and they later blame yoruba for it

Ojukwu planned secession and as a general who aught to have been smart enough . i mean this a graduate who tot army officers. He planned a war ,faught n loss and what did igbo did? They blame yoruba for it
Fast forward to 21st century with years of experience and all that they supported Jonathan against Buhari .

Buhari has every opportunity to become president. Itwas so clear jonathan would lose but together with jonathn Igbo went into election and they lost and yet again they blame Yoruba

So why are they blaming other tribes? I still dont get it.

What if ezeogwo had succeeded in that coup ,would they able to sustain the power of nigeria?

What if Aguiyi ironsi suceeded? Wud what wud happened to northerners?

Now northern people are considered not smart
So we feel we can over ride them.

They have one thing population
Thats the only thing they have

Now one thing is certain hausa n igbos arr two of the same kind they are both sentimental
They are both tribalist.
Its not a bad thing to love ur tribe over others. I am not condemning that
But hausa are wey smart ass over igbos. Their sentimentalism has a very huge smartness in it . they came has under dog even after ezeogwo has conquered the north waiting for Infeanyi to secure the south somehow they lost it. They can be brutal or they dont understand why they are fighting sef.

Hausa were brutal n precised. They made sure they reorganize the military to favour them.

And ever since then they have been getting inline to rape us

Yoruba is loyal to who ever favours them they never appear over sabi . They know hausa has t
Population. So they know how to play into gallery. Its simple intelligence. Never fight the war u can win.

If Igbo are so intelligent are serious about leaving this union they need to be mischievous cunning. Play the sucker to catch the game.

Try n team up with yoruba or hausa whoever that u know can favour u in election. Win sit cum 2019 or wait till 2023. Then u can decide if u want to leave or stay.

You cant wage war n be reckless like this nnamdi kanu is doing. U need to change strategy use ur corrupt politicians to achieve what u want.learn from history no UN or America will grant u hearing. They wont help u. Buhari wont wake up tomorrow and say u shud go. You ruling class kinsmen dont even apear to support ur course. If anything happen today by my calculation u don loss again.

So you guys need to get master strategist n stop school boy approach to this nigeria politics. Nyamannn

From a sincere yoruba man
Re: Can The Igbos, Ever Correct The Past?? by koladebrainiac(m): 5:01pm On Jul 30, 2016
Insanity is making the same mistake over n over again and expecting result
Re: Can The Igbos, Ever Correct The Past?? by arushiuga(m): 5:08pm On Jul 30, 2016
Ndi ojoo abiakwa go ozo. op roro nro maka umuigbo ya mere ya oji bia ebe a na akogheri. Ndi na kwado ya isi adighi ha nma.
Re: Can The Igbos, Ever Correct The Past?? by gartamanta: 5:17pm On Jul 30, 2016
Hotsemo:
CAN THE IGBOS, EVER CORRECT THE PAST??

Between1963-1966....…President.....…Igbo ma
Senate President....…..Igbo man
Chief of Army Staff....….Igbo man
Chief of Air staff.....…......Igbo man.
Chief of Naval staff.........Igbo man
70% of all Commissioned Army officers ....Igbos.

There were 4 regions, North, East, West and Midwest...…..2 of the Premiers, i.e East and Midwest, were Igbos.....,,
Most high ranking Ministers, were Igbos.......
Yet 5 Igbo Young Soldiers overthrew this Igbo dominated Government, accusing it of Corruption, yet no Igbo Politician was killed in that Coup......those who died were all none Igbos.

The Coup failed and the man who became Head of State was Igbo, instead of Pacifying the other tribes, for their losses by executing the coup Plotters, he relocated them to Enugu Prison, for safety, dissolved the regional Government, abolished Fiscal Federalism, and introduced a Central command controlled Unitary Government, he did not also bother to Probe all Past Igbo Politicians.....,,,

So when the retaliation came, it was a clearly an over reaction, because the bottled up anger was too much, instead of the retaliations, to be limited only to the Politicians and Barracks, the Civilian Populations sided with their Army brothers and butchered many innocent Igbo People, Particularly in the streets of Kano, were an average of 1,000 Igbos were being killed daily in Sabon gari Kano..........this led to a mass exodus of Igbos back home and of course retaliated their deaths by killing Northerners in Igbolands.......Dim Ojukwu who was against the initial 5 Igbo boys coup and help foiled the Coup, was so annoyed by the rate his innocent kinsmen were being butchered for what was supposed to be a Purely military affair,.......he Pleaded with the North to stop the orgy of Violence, but it became worse, Pushed to Wall to safe his People, he declared secession.........he lost, and went on exile.

He later came back Contested Presidential elections, but his own People voted massively against him, they Preferred Obasanjo to him,....…again in 2007, they voted Yaradua, against Ojukwu.

In Obansanjo regime, for being loyal and betraying Ojukwu, they were rewarded with the Senate Presidency........and what was their achievement??......impeaching who ever is on that seat every 2 years, from Evans Enwerem,to Okadigbo, to Adolphus Wabara, to Pius Anyim and Kenneth Nnamani.......A Position that David Mark was able to manage for a whole 8 years.. …......These baffles me a lot, because the average Igbo man is very intelligent....so what is wrong??.....I think it is this...…"if I cannot have it no other Igbo man should have it, so let's pull it down""...….and to me this character originated from Ancient times...….so Controversial, that they never had any centralised King,.....they never had any Empire.

Cc: Mynd44

Your problem is that you dont know that "one Nigeria" is no longer the priority of most Igbos. Once you realise that, you find out that this topic of your is a waste of time.

1 Like

Re: Can The Igbos, Ever Correct The Past?? by policy12: 5:21pm On Jul 30, 2016
At Op I pity u...

(1) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala at The 50th Anniversary of the Central Bank Of Uganda / INEC To Go Ahead With Election On Saturday / President Buhari’s Powerful Nephew Mamman Daura Named As Source Of Speech That P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.