Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,431 members, 7,819,557 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. (54999 Views)

Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan City / Lists Of The 6 Best Lounges And Clubs In The Ibadan City / Enugu Centenary And Golf City Is Emerging- Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by IbBarham(m): 10:13am On Jul 31, 2016
Ibadan mesiogo... I rep #Ibcity
Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by okhiai1(m): 10:13am On Jul 31, 2016
Bro is it the same ib i leave in or another 1 which you guys are so funny i swear
Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by shamecurls(m): 10:14am On Jul 31, 2016
ikarm17:
Ibadan's development, like Lagos and Ogun states, is moving faster than a tsunami.

Ibadan is such a beautiful city.

It will take more resources and manpower to develop because it's such a huge city, the largest in Africa; 27x the size of Enugu state.

Give or take 5 years, the SW will be a force to reckon with.

#ProudBrownRoofRepulic #ProudYoruba

Nothing can stop the storm in Ibadan.

Ibadan need to start importing Indonesians en-mass every January so they can also help develop Ibadan
Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 31, 2016
im moving out ... Ibadan here i come.

eko o baje gan...
Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by Gerrard59(m): 10:17am On Jul 31, 2016
kettykin:
The city has already overtaken Enugu and Port Harcourt it should be primed to over take Johannesburg as the largest City in Africa and if Nigeria gets its bearing right then with investments from multinationals [/b]it can be primed to overtake cities like London and Tokyo[b].

Places like Eleyele, Bodija, Jericho can become mini cities within a mega city while the lagos ibadan expressway can be converted into the world longest boulevard with palm trees adjoining the sides and solar powered street lights to aid night driving

How did you feel when typing this? Those cities are sleeping, right? You want to overtake cities that have hosted the Olympics when you don't have constant power supply(a necessity)?

My fellow Nigerians are a ludicrous set of individuals.

1 Like

Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by hustla(m): 10:22am On Jul 31, 2016
Raydos:
Hey I'm A Yoruba!

And I've Been To Ibadan 6times!

What I Noticed Is That The Slum Is 80% While The Main City Is Just 10%.

Lets Stop The Hype, Ajimobi Is The Dumbest Governor I've Ever Known.

If You Really Wanna Know The Real Meaning Of "Change" Just Come To Abeokuta.

Abeokuta Is Not Really An Over hyped City Unlike Ibadan.

You Can Barely See Things Concerning Abeokuta On NL

But, Abeokuta Is Way More Better Than Ibadan, The City Has Changed Over The Years Since The Current Governor Assumption Of Office.

Abeokuta Is Just Nothing But A Huge Construction Site Right Now

The Last Time I Paid A Visit To Abeokuta, I Was Wowed All Through My Journey, I Didn't Even Know When I Poked My Head Outta The Car-Window, You Can Barely Drive Past A Place Without Seeing A Construction. It's Indeed An Haven Of Investment

In The Next 3years Abeokuta Is Gonna Be The Place Of Our Dream.

Even Ogun State That's Among The Poorest States Years Back In Nigeria, Is Now Among The Top 4 Richest State In Nigeria.

So Lets Stop The Hype On Ibadan, Ajimobi Is Doing Nothing But Playing Ludo

The same abeokuta I'm typing from compared to ibadan? Have you been smoking sk?

2 Likes

Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by AshiwajuFoward: 10:39am On Jul 31, 2016
ILIDEFI:

@bold; Guy are you okay? So Ibadan city is 27 times the size of Enugu State?

Yes, ikarm17 is right. According to Wikipedia, the land area of Enugu 'city' (the 'developed' part) is a mere 43.63m sq., while Ibadan's is 1,189m sq. So na 27 Enugus go fit into Ibadan landmass cheesy

7 Likes

Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by ndPeter(m): 10:41am On Jul 31, 2016
Nice views, but the Heavy color saturation in these pics are subtly misleading. I live in IB by the way

1 Like

Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by ndPeter(m): 10:42am On Jul 31, 2016
okhiai1:
Bro is it the same ib i leave in or another 1 which you guys are so funny i swear

That's the beauty of photography my friend.
Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by mart2k(m): 10:43am On Jul 31, 2016
Scholes00:
When the upcoming Lagos - Ibadan rail link is completed, this city will very likely zoom past and occupy its rightful place as Nigeria's No3 city, by Overtaking Port Harcourt.
.....and who told u PH is no3?
Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by mart2k(m): 10:43am On Jul 31, 2016
Scholes00:
When the upcoming Lagos - Ibadan rail link is completed, this city will very likely zoom past and occupy its rightful place as Nigeria's No3 city, by Overtaking Port Harcourt.
.....and who told u PH is no3? In what area is PH better than Ibadan?
Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by mart2k(m): 10:48am On Jul 31, 2016
Raydos:
Hey I'm A Yoruba!

But, Abeokuta Is Way More Better Than Ibadan, The City Has Changed Over The Years Since The Current Governor Assumption Of Office.

The Last Time I Paid A Visit To Abeokuta, I Was Wowed All Through My Journey, I Didn't Even Know When I Poked My Head Outta The Car-Window, You Can Barely Drive Past A Place Without Seeing A Construction. It's Indeed An Haven Of Investment

Even Ogun State That's Among The Poorest States Years Back In Nigeria, Is Now Among The Top 4 Richest State In Nigeria.

IPOB

3 Likes

Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by Kakamorufu(m): 10:52am On Jul 31, 2016
xprezboy:

simple and straight forward , ibadan was developed by the ibos.
Lagos was built by the ibos
Abuja was modernised by ipod
something dey do u. Go find out. Inugom?
Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 31, 2016

Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 31, 2016

Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by Gassa007: 11:01am On Jul 31, 2016
ikarm17:
Ibadan's development, like Lagos and Ogun states, is moving faster than a tsunami.

It will take more resources and manpower to develop because it's such a huge city, the largest in Africa; 27x the size of Enugu state.

Why must you refer to Enugu, you this Tribalist
Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 31, 2016

Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 31, 2016

Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 31, 2016

Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 31, 2016
Ibadan

Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 31, 2016

Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by Kakamorufu(m): 11:08am On Jul 31, 2016
Frustration confirmed
comeandmarry:
Abegi, ibadan get work.
Abegi
Brown roof useless place.
No airport,no sea port,no work.
Ibadan can never be developed.
The state governor is greedy,a thief.
Ibadan na old lagos.
Agberos everywhere.
No work
Diq best club for dia,be like local bar for here,
Dem dey price bus and cab before dem enter
Dirty town

Everywhere na iyana iyana church,iyana school, iyana house.such a useless place.
Wat development can come out from a hopeless civil service state.
Rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by FuckTheM0ds(m): 11:18am On Jul 31, 2016
ItzChinnex:
Ibadan is a Very beautiful City. More developed than Any other state in The East.
hahahahaha now that's the true definition of the Term "BROWN ROOF REPUBLIC"
Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by FuckTheM0ds(m): 11:21am On Jul 31, 2016
OmoAjowa7:

pls update pics of agbowo and ui. By God's grace I'll be coming there from the south in a month's time
Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by FuckTheM0ds(m): 11:25am On Jul 31, 2016
domopps:
Proud Ibadan man! grin

I rep Ibadan home and away!

Ladyf happy sun dear

Cheeeers

but why is it that Ibadan indigenes are always local?
Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by PunditAfrica(m): 11:45am On Jul 31, 2016
Only pple with little information will not know how massive and developed Ibadan is. A city that has been a foremost city since long (first university, home of publishing firms, first skyscrapper, first TV/Radio, first monument) . Before you make commentary on Ibadan make sure you have visited the city and not just that you pass from lagos to d north or east. Also make sure u have read about Nigeria's past and present cos after Lagos, the city that cut across all Nigeria's story is Ibadan. Also make sure u follow investment trend, after lagos, is abuja, next is PH or Ibadan, shoprite expansion strategy could help u start. Make sure u follow d media and see where news is made in d country, lagos, abuja, Ibadan, kaduna, enugu, benin, PH. Make sure u know d number of radio stations and tvs in d city. Make sure u know that next to Lagos and kano, Ibadan has next number of factory and industry. Don't forget that twitter introduced Ibadan trend shortly after Lagos trend before even abuja and PH and Benin trend was added.
But does Ibadan greatness affect me as a yoruba? No, am fetching from Lagos. Be Igbo or Hausa or Nupe or Yoruba, if u do not know d right pple, u aint getting job.

9 Likes

Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by PunditAfrica(m): 11:51am On Jul 31, 2016
hustla:

The same abeokuta I'm typing from compared to ibadan? Have you been smoking sk?

OMG
Abeokuta that sango otta is far developed than or wc abk?

Abeokuta is sleeping, was at Ibara last week and I was imagining how a state capital can b so fucking silent like no human beings live dia!
Ogun state (sango, sagamu, isheri) is developing due to xpansion of Lagos bt not abeokuta
Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by uwalakathankgod(m): 11:56am On Jul 31, 2016
YourNemesis:
This thread is dedicated to the emerging modern phase of Ibadan, which many people who pass through the huge metropolis don't get to see that often.

[img]http://c2.staticflickr.com

/8/7188/26855423964_3c85ca4527_b.jpg[/img]

Omoajowa7
ikarm17
Scholes00

this has been my dream state

1 Like

Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by Okusi(m): 11:56am On Jul 31, 2016
Raydos:
Hey I'm A Yoruba!

leave that thing abeg. I'm also from Ogun and thank God we are developing at a pace that is awesome but the governor centralised infrastructural development on Abeokuta alone. go to Sagamu, Ijebu Ode. the work isn't as rapid as that of Abk. We need all round development for our States not for the capital city alone. come to think of it, Sagamu is the industrial city of Ogun but government presence aren't visible. see Ewekoro too

1 Like

Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by domopps(m): 11:59am On Jul 31, 2016
FuckTheM0ds:
but why is it that Ibadan indigenes are always local?

Asking me this question now as if your are from California ......how could you say Ibadan indigenes are always local!

On a good day you already know the kind of response to expect but due to the fact that 2day is Sunday an holy day @such.......if you are a typical Nigerian you should know every state has some. % of local context which Oyo state and ibadan as state capital ain't excluded.....i schooled home and abroad and I can categorically tell you that every city,states and nations have some local context!

Meanwhile it's easy to point finger without checking oneself....so may I know where you are from and I can boldly say the level of local people in your state is rather appalling than where you have written off!

Cheeers

6 Likes

Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by Raydos: 12:07pm On Jul 31, 2016
Okusi:

leave that thing abeg. I'm also from Ogun and thank God we are developing at a pace that is awesome but the governor centralised infrastructural development on Abeokuta alone. go to Sagamu, Ijebu Ode. the work isn't as rapid as that of Abk. We need all round development for our States not for the capital city alone. come to think of it, Sagamu is the industrial city of Ogun but government presence aren't visible. see Ewekoro too

but sango-otta is the real investment haven.
Re: The Modern Emerging Face Of Ibadan City. by Ilaje44(m): 12:09pm On Jul 31, 2016
ikarm17:

Eyin omode wonyi, e rora puro ke. Kini size gbogbo Oyo state gan paapaa? Niger state to tobi ju ninu gbogbo awon state Naijiria paapaa ko tobi to yen. Ka ma bosibosi Ibadan nibeyen. Ti Ile Ibadan ba tobi ju gbogbo enugu state lo, die lo ma je.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Meet Arthur Nwabufo, First Nigerian To Reach Antarctica With The Russian Fleet / ₦163b, 19floors Into The Ground, China To Open Groundscraper Hotel In 2018(pics) / See How "Stan" The Robot Is Parking Cars At France’s Lyon Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.