Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,959 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Simon Petrus Invented Phone In Namibia Which Does Not Use Airtime (Photos,Video) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Simon Petrus Invented Phone In Namibia Which Does Not Use Airtime (Photos,Video) (48166 Views)

The Zanco Tiny T1, The Smallest Mobile Phone In The World (Photo) / This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... / Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Simon Petrus Invented Phone In Namibia Which Does Not Use Airtime (Photos,Video) by ebosie11(f): 5:35am On Jul 31, 2016
A Grade 12 learner in Namibia’s Ohagwena Region has invented a sim-less mobile phone that allows users to make free calls and watch one TV channel.

Simon Petrus, a pupil at Abraham Iyambo Senior Secondary School, created the phone using spares from a phone and television set.

Complete with a light bulb, fan and charger socket, the handset functions off power supplied through a radiator and is able to make calls to anywhere through the use of radio frequencies.

The invention, which is made up of a radio system, is attached to a box and also allows the user to view one TV channel on it.

He is also able to watch NBC1 TV on his box.

No stranger to the world of creation, Petrus is reported to have won a gold medal at national level last year for his invention of a two-in-one machine that works as both a seed drier and cooler.

The shy learner has admitted to working on his invention for two years through money provided by his unemployed parents.

Petrus claims that he invented the phone in the hopes that it would be successful and be able to be carried further.

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/07/see-photo-invented-by-pupil-in-namibia.html

34 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Simon Petrus Invented Phone In Namibia Which Does Not Use Airtime (Photos,Video) by Nobody: 5:38am On Jul 31, 2016
I see the future there

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Simon Petrus Invented Phone In Namibia Which Does Not Use Airtime (Photos,Video) by tyson99(m): 5:40am On Jul 31, 2016
okk
Re: Simon Petrus Invented Phone In Namibia Which Does Not Use Airtime (Photos,Video) by Trunaijian: 5:54am On Jul 31, 2016
Nice one.
Petrus will soon be offered a full scholarship to go study science in a foreign school and they would make sure he gets a good job before he graduates.

Petrus will meet a 'nice' girl, get married and start having children over there.
He will get all the funding he needs for his research and more.

Petrus may never come to Africa again.
He will be offered citizenship easily.

The sad tale of many African geniuses.

458 Likes 46 Shares

Re: Simon Petrus Invented Phone In Namibia Which Does Not Use Airtime (Photos,Video) by youngest85(m): 5:58am On Jul 31, 2016
good news 4rm kenya ds time

7 Likes

Re: Simon Petrus Invented Phone In Namibia Which Does Not Use Airtime (Photos,Video) by whitebeard(m): 6:01am On Jul 31, 2016
ok

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Simon Petrus Invented Phone In Namibia Which Does Not Use Airtime (Photos,Video) by ministeriallist: 6:03am On Jul 31, 2016
Trunaijian:
Nice one.
Petrus will soon be offered a full scholarship to go study science in a foreign school and they would make sure he gets a good job before he graduates.

Petrus will meet a 'nice' girl, get married and start having children over there.
He will get all the funding he needs for his research and more.

Petrus may never come to Africa again.
He will be offered citizenship easily.

The sad tale of many African geniuses.

It's high time Africans start having plan for transfer of knowledge.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Simon Petrus Invented Phone In Namibia Which Does Not Use Airtime (Photos,Video) by adedcrown: 6:04am On Jul 31, 2016
and in the future if he succeeded in in making portable one and it doesn't use air time. Nigeria will ban it

43 Likes

Re: Simon Petrus Invented Phone In Namibia Which Does Not Use Airtime (Photos,Video) by Badgers14: 6:05am On Jul 31, 2016
@Op, that was not a "mobile" phone nau... That's like a "house" phone grin grin

Congrats to the young lad, wish him and all of us success in all our "good" endeavours.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Simon Petrus Invented Phone In Namibia Which Does Not Use Airtime (Photos,Video) by Nobody: 6:26am On Jul 31, 2016
adedcrown:
and in the future if he succeeded in in making portable one and it doesn't use air time. Nigeria will ban it

As in...

3 Likes

Re: Simon Petrus Invented Phone In Namibia Which Does Not Use Airtime (Photos,Video) by pimplucious: 6:31am On Jul 31, 2016
I hope those phone company bosses do not see reason to smoke this guy outta the world tho. They could see this as a threat to their business and kill the mo'foker. Just saying

9 Likes

Re: Simon Petrus Invented Phone In Namibia Which Does Not Use Airtime (Photos,Video) by JOOHEL: 6:51am On Jul 31, 2016
so na this big fone e want make I put for pocket carry upandan?

6 Likes

Re: Simon Petrus Invented Phone In Namibia Which Does Not Use Airtime (Photos,Video) by Nobody: 6:58am On Jul 31, 2016
I'm still surprised at some of the comments i have been reading regarding this guy's creation ever since it reached FP.

what he created is a walkie-talkie, (even though this one is bulky) and it's mostly used in the military and paramilitary.

It's not an invention, that is how olden days telecommunications systems work until they decided to commercialize it, and made it more advance as we have today.

It's only in the military and paramilitary that we can still find it today. They have a short range of communication and limited channels.

Even as it is, he can only use it within his domain because there are stringent laws binding radio frequency allocation/usage, due to interference issues. He will need a license to operate it in a public domain.

And I can see him having issues with already existing telecommunication companies if he decides to go into mass production and commercialize it.

Although, I appreciate his creative mind he deserves to be commended and encouraged.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Simon Petrus Invented Phone In Namibia Which Does Not Use Airtime (Photos,Video) by awosdot(m): 8:01am On Jul 31, 2016

1 Like

Re: Simon Petrus Invented Phone In Namibia Which Does Not Use Airtime (Photos,Video) by veekid(m): 1:41pm On Jul 31, 2016
This is Awesome
Re: Simon Petrus Invented Phone In Namibia Which Does Not Use Airtime (Photos,Video) by Generalkorex(m): 1:42pm On Jul 31, 2016
ok na dis 1 no be mobile phone o
Re: Simon Petrus Invented Phone In Namibia Which Does Not Use Airtime (Photos,Video) by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 31, 2016
WHAT THE FVCK IS THAT SHÌT...you call it a "phone"?

If it operates on radio frequency then it's a walkie talkie and a scrappy one at that.

Welp...I hope he gets a scholarship to the US and meet a nice gorgeous girl and never steps foot on the hellhole called Africa.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Simon Petrus Invented Phone In Namibia Which Does Not Use Airtime (Photos,Video) by Integrityfarms(m): 1:42pm On Jul 31, 2016
To conceive an idea and make it a reality is not easy!
Well done great mind!
This is just the beginning!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Simon Petrus Invented Phone In Namibia Which Does Not Use Airtime (Photos,Video) by SPG4U(m): 1:43pm On Jul 31, 2016
ok
Re: Simon Petrus Invented Phone In Namibia Which Does Not Use Airtime (Photos,Video) by Fingerprinter(m): 1:43pm On Jul 31, 2016
Ok, good of him!
Also watch my own video on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3YmJYB35I4

8 Likes

Re: Simon Petrus Invented Phone In Namibia Which Does Not Use Airtime (Photos,Video) by biznessben(m): 1:43pm On Jul 31, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Simon Petrus Invented Phone In Namibia Which Does Not Use Airtime (Photos,Video) by ChappyChase: 1:43pm On Jul 31, 2016
Too big and unattractive undecided
Nice concept though...
Re: Simon Petrus Invented Phone In Namibia Which Does Not Use Airtime (Photos,Video) by rawpadgin(m): 1:43pm On Jul 31, 2016
n
Re: Simon Petrus Invented Phone In Namibia Which Does Not Use Airtime (Photos,Video) by Realmcfynest: 1:44pm On Jul 31, 2016
Ah

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Simon Petrus Invented Phone In Namibia Which Does Not Use Airtime (Photos,Video) by Bsc(m): 1:45pm On Jul 31, 2016
good... world biggest phone... Book of record where u at?

1 Like

Re: Simon Petrus Invented Phone In Namibia Which Does Not Use Airtime (Photos,Video) by shamecurls(m): 1:45pm On Jul 31, 2016
Sigh.........

7 Likes

Re: Simon Petrus Invented Phone In Namibia Which Does Not Use Airtime (Photos,Video) by Thomsyne(m): 1:45pm On Jul 31, 2016
Wow... Cool... Future Engineer... Anyways, read my blog post on

Most Difficult Engineering Courses to study
Re: Simon Petrus Invented Phone In Namibia Which Does Not Use Airtime (Photos,Video) by kumalee: 1:45pm On Jul 31, 2016
ministeriallist:

It's high time Africans start having plan for transfer of knowledge.
African ar born slave we should jst b strong in GOD, as long has this set of politician won't give other people a chance, there can never be a progress

2 Likes

Re: Simon Petrus Invented Phone In Namibia Which Does Not Use Airtime (Photos,Video) by justuce(m): 1:46pm On Jul 31, 2016
which one did you create...only to appreciate his skill and you are here vomiting arant nonsense
Re: Simon Petrus Invented Phone In Namibia Which Does Not Use Airtime (Photos,Video) by faruz: 1:48pm On Jul 31, 2016
i was here

to book space.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Experience Using Tecno WX3 Pro / Activate MTN 1.5gb For ₦300 / Meet Qai Qai, The Black Doll That Has Over 120,000 Followers On Instagram.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.