Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,070 members, 7,811,003 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

How I Was Scammed In My Data Business In Trying To Gain Trust - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How I Was Scammed In My Data Business In Trying To Gain Trust (1681 Views)

A Friend Was Scammed Of N40k + Iphone6 In Computer Village, Help / See How A Facebook User Was Scammed And Given Paper At Computer Village, Ikeja / See How I Was Scammed In Computer Village Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Scammed In My Data Business In Trying To Gain Trust by Nobody: 8:04am On Jul 31, 2016
From my findings it seems only few knows about data SME outside nairaland, hence Selling data outside nairaland is not only difficult but frustrating due to lack of trust from one another as Nigerians.
I decided to do "pay only when you must have received data from me" on Facebook just to reduce the mistrust we have. That was the only time I was able to capture the minds of viewers.
I got a call from a 08033672576 named as Aiyegbusi James Roprem and he asked for data and promised to pay only when he must have received it as he has been Scammed on several occasions, I assured him that am genuine but he insist. So I asked him to drop a comment on Facebook using his Facebook username, I checked on his profile and I quickly sent him 1 GB of data

Re: How I Was Scammed In My Data Business In Trying To Gain Trust by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 31, 2016
As soon as I sent him the 1 GB I informed him to dial *461*6# to check the balance.
The below was his reply

Re: How I Was Scammed In My Data Business In Trying To Gain Trust by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 31, 2016
I placed a call on him but droped the call and am still wondering how a grown up man will act like this because of just 550.

Re: How I Was Scammed In My Data Business In Trying To Gain Trust by okirewaju(f): 8:17am On Jul 31, 2016
Na wa

Some people are just so greedy

Send the link of this thread to his Facebook page or better still write on his wall

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed In My Data Business In Trying To Gain Trust by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 31, 2016
I have patiently waited for him for upto 2 weeks if he would turn up but no way

Re: How I Was Scammed In My Data Business In Trying To Gain Trust by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 31, 2016
okirewaju:
Na wa

Some people are just so greedy

Send the link of this thread to his Facebook page or better still write on his wall
I will do that immediately
Thanks
Re: How I Was Scammed In My Data Business In Trying To Gain Trust by TeeFeh(f): 8:49am On Jul 31, 2016
Eh i am sorry abt this
it can pain sha
how many GB iis ur 2000N for glo
wanna sub big on my l8 cuz i do alot wt the device n it exhausts data ehn
Re: How I Was Scammed In My Data Business In Trying To Gain Trust by Tenkobos(m): 9:14am On Jul 31, 2016
TeeFeh:
Eh i am sorry abt this
it can pain sha
You sound broke and hungry.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed In My Data Business In Trying To Gain Trust by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 31, 2016
TeeFeh:
Eh i am sorry abt this
it can pain sha
I only have mtn and Etisalat
Re: How I Was Scammed In My Data Business In Trying To Gain Trust by emma4eva(m): 11:10am On Jul 31, 2016
Appland:

I only have mtn and Etisalat
Pls list ur offers for mtn, I intend to subscribe this evening.
Re: How I Was Scammed In My Data Business In Trying To Gain Trust by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 31, 2016
emma4eva:
Pls list ur offers for mtn, I intend to subscribe this evening.
price list below

Re: How I Was Scammed In My Data Business In Trying To Gain Trust by bobo65(m): 12:02pm On Jul 31, 2016
Tenkobos:
You sound broke and hungry.

Was that necessary?

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed In My Data Business In Trying To Gain Trust by Slimmos(m): 3:04pm On Jul 31, 2016
I want to purchase 1 gig from u but mehn I just hope this is not another stunt to pull a scam oo..Cuz people can do anything to scam oo... Appland
Re: How I Was Scammed In My Data Business In Trying To Gain Trust by Lordtrillion(m): 3:15pm On Jul 31, 2016
Eiyaa, sorry about your loss.
If offering such kind of deal, only do it on Etisalat since you can take back your data.
I guess you already had some review on your ad. If the customer isn't satisfied with the review & doesn't want to buy Etisalat, left to me, I don't think the person is serious about wanting to buy the data.
My take though undecided
I believe you'd be more careful next time cool
Re: How I Was Scammed In My Data Business In Trying To Gain Trust by grateful4life: 4:43pm On Jul 31, 2016
Appland:
From my findings it seems only few knows about data SME outside nairaland, hence Selling data outside nairaland is not only difficult but frustrating due to lack of trust from one another as Nigerians.
I decided to do "pay only when you must have received data from me" on Facebook just to reduce the mistrust we have. That was the only time I was able to capture the minds of viewers.
I got a call from a 08033672576 named as Aiyegbusi James Roprem and he asked for data and promised to pay only when he must have received it as he has been Scammed on several occasions, I assured him that am genuine but he insist. So I asked him to drop a comment on Facebook using his Facebook username, I checked on his profile and I quickly sent him 1 GB of data

How are you able to transfer data on mtn? I wanted to make a data transfer only to be told that share data had been blocked. please how do you do yours?
Re: How I Was Scammed In My Data Business In Trying To Gain Trust by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 31, 2016
Slimmos:
I want to purchase 1 gig from u but mehn I just hope this is not another stunt to pull a scam oo..Cuz people can do anything to scam oo... Appland
Why not place an order let's everyone see our transaction here
Re: How I Was Scammed In My Data Business In Trying To Gain Trust by emma4eva(m): 8:02pm On Jul 31, 2016
I just bought from him, he's legit. Got it immediately.
Re: How I Was Scammed In My Data Business In Trying To Gain Trust by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 01, 2016
emma4eva:
I just bought from him, he's legit. Got it immediately.
Thanks
Re: How I Was Scammed In My Data Business In Trying To Gain Trust by Slimmos(m): 2:22pm On Aug 01, 2016
Appland:

Why not place an order let's everyone see our transaction here
Sorry pls, can I do transfer of credit in equivalent to the payment. I hav d airtime on my fone? Appland
Re: How I Was Scammed In My Data Business In Trying To Gain Trust by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 02, 2016
Slimmos:
Sorry pls, can I do transfer of credit in equivalent to the payment. I hav d airtime on my fone? Appland
Transfer is allow
Re: How I Was Scammed In My Data Business In Trying To Gain Trust by olylove: 10:48am On Aug 02, 2016
Dat was how one eddiewater scammed me too.... just be straight nd dont scam people urself... life gats its up nd down
Re: How I Was Scammed In My Data Business In Trying To Gain Trust by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 03, 2016
olylove:
Dat was how one eddiewater scammed me too.... just be straight nd dont scam people urself... life gats its up nd down
They will all meet their end
Re: How I Was Scammed In My Data Business In Trying To Gain Trust by kolexepana: 3:18pm On Aug 03, 2016
You know hoe many data sellers don scam the guy too
Re: How I Was Scammed In My Data Business In Trying To Gain Trust by Oyindebrah(f): 3:28pm On Aug 03, 2016
lmao u just typed my mind
kolexepana:
Re: How I Was Scammed In My Data Business In Trying To Gain Trust by biuti(f): 1:09am On Aug 04, 2016
kolexepana:

So, it's not bad to scam innocent person too because he's been scammed?
Re: How I Was Scammed In My Data Business In Trying To Gain Trust by kolexepana: 5:56pm On Aug 04, 2016
biuti:

So, it's not bad to scam innocent person too because he's been scammed?
It is very bad, cos i've once been scammed too... it was really painful.
Re: How I Was Scammed In My Data Business In Trying To Gain Trust by Abeos(m): 8:31pm On Aug 04, 2016
Sorry bro some are just heartless

In case u need large mtn airtime at discounted rate check https://www.nairaland.com/3266201/thinking-buying-mtn-data-without
Re: How I Was Scammed In My Data Business In Trying To Gain Trust by Welcomme: 10:12pm On Aug 04, 2016
The guy is genuine... I bought a gig of mtn from him and within 1 minute, the data was sent to me..Appland.
Re: How I Was Scammed In My Data Business In Trying To Gain Trust by biuti(f): 2:56pm On Aug 05, 2016
kolexepana:

It is very bad, cos i've once been scammed too... it was really painful.

Yes, many of us have been scammed one time or the other and it's painful but my point is, that shouldn't be the reason why one should scam others too like the guy on facebook did to him.
Re: How I Was Scammed In My Data Business In Trying To Gain Trust by SkinnyDude(m): 1:44pm On Aug 06, 2016
how many data will 1k get for me? don't worry, I will send u airtime before u transfer the data
Re: How I Was Scammed In My Data Business In Trying To Gain Trust by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 08, 2016
SkinnyDude:
how many data will 1k get for me? don't worry, I will send u airtime before u transfer the data
Card payment
600 for 1GB
1200 for 2GB

bank payment
550 for 1GB

1100 for 2GB

(1) (Reply)

Download FTS 17 MOD Guys / How Smartphone Affect Your Eyes And Sleep Cycle / What File Manager Should I Use On Android?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.