Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,225 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

We Overthrew Buhari Because Of Too Much Frustration In The Society - IBB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Overthrew Buhari Because Of Too Much Frustration In The Society - IBB (6366 Views)

"Northern Governors Have Abandoned Buhari Because Of VP Slot" - Arewa Youths / "I will tone down my criticism of Buhari because of Fashola" – Fayose (Video) / The Coup Speech That Overthrew Buhari On August 27, 1985… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Overthrew Buhari Because Of Too Much Frustration In The Society - IBB by bumi10(m): 8:23am On Jul 31, 2016
Former Military President of Nigeria, Gen. Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida, said that Buhari's government was overthrown in 1985 because there was frustration in the society under his regime according to an article on News Times. Babangida stated this in an interview he granted to a team from Zero Tolerance (ZT), a quarterly magazine published by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.

Full excerpt from the interview....

The circumstances surrounding your emergence as military president in 1985, some people believe that it was more of self-preservation than national interest. Can you tell us what happened?

First of all, we planned a coup towards the end of 1983 that truncated the democratically elected government and the military government came in January 1984. Then that government also suffered the same fate as the democratic government when the military staged one of the finest coup in this country, because there was no blood, nothing was lost, smooth and everybody was treated with the most civility and our administration came. When we came in August of 1985 there was a plan to kick us out in December 1985, it didn’t work, they went into operation again in 1990. I think the country was going through a phase at that time, it’s a developing country and we always had one reason or the other for doing what we did at that time.

But the talk at that time was that there was a rift between you and Buhari and he wanted to dismiss you from the Army.

No, let me give you a lesson today. A coup or change comes about if there is frustration in the society. Just get that right. There was frustration in the society between 1984 to 1985. The ground was fertile for a coup. It wasn’t fertile, thanks be to God, in December, 1985 when the first attempt on me was made. Neither was it fertile in April 1990 when the second attempt was made and we had the support of all of you sitting down here. You write, you analyze, you talk, and you demonstrated. It was not unusual then to hear, in the case of the democratically elected government in1983, a common phrase was ‘the worst military regime is better than this government’. So you were giving us the impetus to stage a coup. We are not dummies. If we didn’t have the support of all of you, we wouldn’t venture into it.

Editor's Note: Can this happen again? Do you think it should happen again? Or is it time for it to happen again?

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2016/07/we-overthrew-buhari-because-of-too-much.html

cc lalasticlala

4 Likes

Re: We Overthrew Buhari Because Of Too Much Frustration In The Society - IBB by HungerBAD: 8:24am On Jul 31, 2016
IBB again?interesting.

He was overthrown in 1985 because of frustration in the society under his regime?

Just to be sure this is not a fake story, i had to follow the link. Even at that, i am still doubting if IBB granted this interview, as i see this as nothing more than him telling the Military to Overthrow the Government of Buhari now.

IBB is too smart to be saying dumb stuff like this, so i will let the matter slide.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Overthrew Buhari Because Of Too Much Frustration In The Society - IBB by KingBelieve: 8:29am On Jul 31, 2016
The same frustration we are going through now tongue

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Overthrew Buhari Because Of Too Much Frustration In The Society - IBB by nnachukz(m): 8:32am On Jul 31, 2016
We know. The same frustration he is known for has been upgraded and is being replayed now.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Overthrew Buhari Because Of Too Much Frustration In The Society - IBB by APCHaram: 8:42am On Jul 31, 2016
HungerBAD:
IBB again?interesting.

He was overthrown in 1985 because of frustration in the society under his regime?

Just to be sure this is not a fake story, i had to follow the link. Even at that, i am still doubting if IBB granted this interview, as i see this as nothing more than him telling the Military to Overthrow the Government of Buhari now.

IBB is too smart to be saying dumb stuff like this, so i will let the matter slide.

Buhari overthrew a democratically elected civilian govt.

If he is overthrown today, nobody and I repeat nobody will shed a tear for this highly illiterate sectional bigoted tyrant .

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Overthrew Buhari Because Of Too Much Frustration In The Society - IBB by idupaul: 8:54am On Jul 31, 2016
nnachukz:
We know. The same frustration he is known for has been upgraded and is being replayed now.

He has really upgraded because the frustrations of 1984 is child's play compared to 2016.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Overthrew Buhari Because Of Too Much Frustration In The Society - IBB by Tenkobos(m): 8:56am On Jul 31, 2016
APCHaram:

Buhari overthrew a democratically elected civilian govt.

If he is overthrown today, nobody and I repeat nobody will shed a tear for this highly illiterate sectional bigoted tyrant .
Shed tears if he's overthrown?

Like seriously?

I personally won't shed tears if a politician dies

10 Likes

Re: We Overthrew Buhari Because Of Too Much Frustration In The Society - IBB by policy12: 9:04am On Jul 31, 2016
The elders who see Wetin happened then they warned we the youth but we kno follow their advice now we wish we have listened...

See as naija dey fast-forward the tenure...From north to south of the country everyone has nothing good to say in term of inflation,cost of commodities and economic recession. If only Buhari can also tackle economy the he carry corruption for head like gala.

6 Likes

Re: We Overthrew Buhari Because Of Too Much Frustration In The Society - IBB by Beremx(f): 9:07am On Jul 31, 2016
So who's going to overthrow him now Nigerians are very frustrated. I am sure many Nigerians will be happy to see that happen. grin grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Overthrew Buhari Because Of Too Much Frustration In The Society - IBB by nrexzy: 9:17am On Jul 31, 2016
Lol... so we bringing back the past.... #coup
Re: We Overthrew Buhari Because Of Too Much Frustration In The Society - IBB by wordcat(m): 9:17am On Jul 31, 2016
IBB needs not to tell us as we are seeing and witnessing it today. The difference is that back then we have vibrant and smart officers unlike the quota system and pregnant officers we are seeing today.

12 Likes

Re: We Overthrew Buhari Because Of Too Much Frustration In The Society - IBB by wowmenow: 9:20am On Jul 31, 2016
The people will overthrow Buhari before 2019

The most useless president in the history of Nigeria

The country is crumbling with crisis and Economy is in recession the clown president is still harassing so called enemies

18 Likes

Re: We Overthrew Buhari Because Of Too Much Frustration In The Society - IBB by saintkel(m): 9:27am On Jul 31, 2016
Can we find another IBB to overthrow dis Man again?, time will tell

8 Likes

Re: We Overthrew Buhari Because Of Too Much Frustration In The Society - IBB by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 31, 2016
Beremx:
So who's going to overthrow him now Nigerians are very frustrated. I am sure many Nigerians will be happy to see that happen. grin grin
Lmao... this coming from your mouth... o boy! Buhari don show people pepper! grin

20 Likes

Re: We Overthrew Buhari Because Of Too Much Frustration In The Society - IBB by 01emek(m): 9:43am On Jul 31, 2016
do ou mean that Buhari would be overthrown again ?

1 Like

Re: We Overthrew Buhari Because Of Too Much Frustration In The Society - IBB by orisa37: 9:57am On Jul 31, 2016
Our various States and National Assemblies should brace up to their responsibilities, stop being divided and silly as they are presently. 2, Though the Society is very sick now, COUP should not be the Answer. The Remedy is, "JUST COLLAPSE NIGERIA INTO SIX AUTONOMOUS REGIONS. APPOINT INEC FOR EACH REGION TO IN TURN CONDUCT ELECTIONS TO ELECT AUTONOMOUS CONTROLLERS/LEADERS FOR EACH AUTONOMOUS REGION". 3, Nothing happens unless The Supreme Spirit wants it so. God and Allah wants Buhari now in order to allow sufficient time for our NASS and States Assemblies to conduct Referenda to amend the 1999 Constitution to correct the ills of our Society or at least Act now on GEJs National Conference Reports.
Re: We Overthrew Buhari Because Of Too Much Frustration In The Society - IBB by mazichika: 9:57am On Jul 31, 2016
Today's frustration has doubled.

5 Likes

Re: We Overthrew Buhari Because Of Too Much Frustration In The Society - IBB by Almajiri1: 10:09am On Jul 31, 2016
Any coup attempt on supreme leader Mohammedo buhari shall be resisted by the masses like it happened in Turkey.

Long live the dictator.

2 Likes

Re: We Overthrew Buhari Because Of Too Much Frustration In The Society - IBB by Lifestone(m): 10:32am On Jul 31, 2016
Coup is no longer fashionable, let's use our voting power to effect change in government.
Re: We Overthrew Buhari Because Of Too Much Frustration In The Society - IBB by LORDOFAFONJAS: 10:39am On Jul 31, 2016
Beremx:
Berem, what is happening to you? you have been wailing of late, and i know omenka and co wont like it. Please dont disappoint them.

11 Likes

Re: We Overthrew Buhari Because Of Too Much Frustration In The Society - IBB by LORDOFAFONJAS: 10:42am On Jul 31, 2016
crixtex:

Lmao... this coming from your mouth... o boy! Buhari don show people pepper! grin
Even Rilawayne001 is feeling the heat, heaven would rejoice when omenka converts.

7 Likes

Re: We Overthrew Buhari Because Of Too Much Frustration In The Society - IBB by adjoviomole(m): 10:45am On Jul 31, 2016
Make buhari no worry, Nigerians will come out to defend him like turkey did. cheesy cheesy as for me and my house, iffa hear say we come out cheesy

8 Likes

Re: We Overthrew Buhari Because Of Too Much Frustration In The Society - IBB by LORDOFAFONJAS: 10:46am On Jul 31, 2016
egift has gone on exile, during Jonathan era there were many cheats cause mtn and co were making it. today, pmb has destroyed so many thing and so egift can no longer afford data plans because no more cheats. he hardly comes online, the last thread he created, he was asking how BOKO HARAM started. change don chain am hahahaaha

11 Likes

Re: We Overthrew Buhari Because Of Too Much Frustration In The Society - IBB by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 31, 2016
LORDOFAFONJAS:

Even Rilawayne001 is feeling the heat, heaven would rejoice when omenka converts.

Lolss... Omenka is o... However Hungerbad is still collecting his stipend and still being deceived with Islam

6 Likes

Re: We Overthrew Buhari Because Of Too Much Frustration In The Society - IBB by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 31, 2016
Where are these people sef??
Egift
Gbawe
Demdem (Tokety, tokt)
Abduljabbar
Passingshot...

Why have you stopped defending? ?

9 Likes

Re: We Overthrew Buhari Because Of Too Much Frustration In The Society - IBB by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 31, 2016
As a man who is against Buhari because I know he will achieve nothing and has no economic roadmap, I say if Buhari can not be impeached, let's wait till 2019 elections

Looking for silly short cut solution is precisely how we ended up with Buhari!

6 Likes

Re: We Overthrew Buhari Because Of Too Much Frustration In The Society - IBB by Miranda11: 11:18am On Jul 31, 2016
Frustration in Society really? It was more like frustration at them not being able to embezzle money and illegally allocate oil wells as they wanted to so decided to overthrow him and legalise corruption which is what they did and we are all still suffering from the effects of this till today.

3 Likes

Re: We Overthrew Buhari Because Of Too Much Frustration In The Society - IBB by DropShot: 11:25am On Jul 31, 2016
krendo:
As a man who is against Buhari because I know he will achieve nothing and has no economic roadmap, I say if Buhari can not be impeached, let's wait till 2019 elections

Looking for silly short cut solution is precisely how we ended up with Buhari!
Buhari will not only rule beyond 2019, he will revive the economy to admiration of haters.

If I may ask you:
Do you know the type of economy Buhari inherited? I you don't know, it was an economy that was seriously bleeding. That fact was confirmed by many economist then including NOI. It was an economy that was heavy on paper but non-existent in reality. It was an economy that was already borrowing to pay FG workers salaries.

To compound that situation, our earnings were more than halved by a shard drop in crude oil price.
Just imagine yourself earning N100k monthly for five years, you failed to save in those five years, and suddenly your salary gets reduced to N40k monthly. Would you not struggle to meet with your monthly obligations with such drop in salary?

Think!

3 Likes

Re: We Overthrew Buhari Because Of Too Much Frustration In The Society - IBB by IVORY2009(m): 11:34am On Jul 31, 2016
Where is IBB when u need him more @ this present situation/frustration we find ourselves, (all over the country, frm North to South, to east to west) ask anybody on the street, the suffering currently is worst than the suffering of 1983/1984, IBB I beg of you, we are in agreement, pls help do the needful 2015-2019...... we don't mind if you are old, but your boys are all over the place.... "From the Senate, House of rep, Presidency, ur boys are all over" who're very loyal and ready to take the bull by the horns!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Overthrew Buhari Because Of Too Much Frustration In The Society - IBB by IVORY2009(m): 11:35am On Jul 31, 2016
[s]
DropShot:

Buhari will not only rule beyond 2019, he will revive the economy to admiration of haters.

If I may ask you:
Do you know the type of economy Buhari inherited? I you don't know, it was an economy that was seriously bleeding. That fact was confirmed by many economist then including NOI. It was an economy that was heavy on paper but non-existent in reality. It was an economy that was already borrowing to pay FG workers salaries.

To compound that situation, our earnings were more than halved by a shard drop in crude oil price.
Just imagine yourself earning N100k monthly for five years, you failed to save in those five years, and suddenly your salary gets reduced to N40k monthly. Would you not struggle to meet with your monthly obligations with such drop in salary?

Think!
[/s]
cool

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Overthrew Buhari Because Of Too Much Frustration In The Society - IBB by dazdilijae(m): 11:59am On Jul 31, 2016
DropShot:

If I may ask you:

Think!

Story story stori
Come 2 samaru market n say this your story n see how many dagger almageri go4get 4 ur body
Hunger dey land you dey talk of economy on paper. Toh Buhari shld do d paper economy so rice bag can fall back 2 N7k na

14 Likes

Re: We Overthrew Buhari Because Of Too Much Frustration In The Society - IBB by Beremx(f): 12:14pm On Jul 31, 2016
LORDOFAFONJAS:

Berem, what is happening to you? you have been wailing of late, and i know omenka and co wont like it. Please dont disappoint them.
I am not wailing. I am only stating the obvious.

Don't you think i should criticize a government i campaigned for when they go wrong, Oremussanctus?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News! PMB / OSINBAJO Releases Another Package For Nigerians. / Why Governors Should Not Have Immunity – Senatorial Candidate, Ude / Eight Banks Withhold N700m Overpaid To Ex- Airways Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.